Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’ve been pretty absent this month and I know sept starts next week but my September is starting today, so Im going to make an effort to post daily and I’ll start my weigh ins next Sunday.

Last night I got home from a great week away camping with my kids, husband and parents. My kids went home with my parents so I can get some work done this week.

In addition to my weigh in, I would like to do a weekly overall check-in. For my own sake I want to be more accountable. Here goes:

Body check-in:
    My foot is extremely sore, can hardly walk after a period of sitting or sleeping. Assume plantar-fasciitis. I think this will resolve if I lose
    Weight.
    Overall I’m feeling stiff and stuffed. My biggest goal is to feel like myself again in my own body.

Cheers to a good week. I will make good food choices and hope to get a lot accomplished!

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Congrats to @19shmoo69 for getting top dog honors on the leaderboard by pounds!!! And I also congratulate @DrewsAnna and @vegan4lyfe2012 for making it onto the leaderboard and having a great week. Woo hoo!

@Cornanda Thanks for checking in and congrats on 2 days of junk free. I wish you luck on your trip. Enjoy the sushi and shopping!

@DebJB30 Congrats on the loss. I'm glad you are feeling better.

@Katmary71 I hear Oppenheimer is great on the big screen. I'm sorry you weren't up to it. I did enjoy the movie, it was raunchy and funny lol. Yay for a new gardening friend! Congrats on another no junk/gluten day!

@megnolia82 I'm glad you got away and enjoyed yourself. I'm sorry about your foot, that's painful.

Hi all. I started my day yesterday by going to an adaptive yoga class. Adaptive yoga is for people who are physically challenged in one way or another or rehabbing their bodies. It was perfect for me. It was a lot like the stretch class I attended a few weeks ago, with the same instructor too. We enjoyed our National Cinema Day day out. We went to a theater we'd never been to, it had reclining leather chairs and tableside service. I did indulge in a flatbread pizza and a beer. BUT no junk food by my definition! We also sat out on our walkway, it's hotter than Hades here: it was a high of 99F here yesterday. Too hot for me!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Yesterday, I ate 1.5 triscuits= junk. (by my definition) I still consider this a win, as I have been surprised by how many times a day my brain tells me I want a triscuit.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    You have a new and a returning member joining you for September. Welcome @Neon_Ninja and @KMD1214
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 169.7
    CW: 167.2

I am sorry this is a day late.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Hi, Everyone— my name is Kate and Im happy to rejoin the Slimpossibles after a 4 year hiatus. I lost about 25 lbs back then (I felt wonderful!) and, regrettably it’s all back. Looking forward to the accountability and support to give and receive in this forum. Seeing familiar « faces » here reminds me that this is a marathon, not a sprint. I’m using a lower carb approach, and have lost about 5 lbs recently, but really need and want to be here. Cheers, all!
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone--new to the team, and a returnee to MFP--but it seems like a few things have changed. Need some accountability and motivation and this looked like a good place to start again. Looking to lose some weight and increase my fitness! Nice to be here and thanks for the welcome :) . Hopefully I can figure things out, lol.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... Another new member joining your amazing team for September .. Please welcome @makanacapellocullen :)
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Just checking in. Welcome new members.

@trooworld the movie day with the treats (not junk) sounds great. I may do that with hubby in the near future. We have the theaters with electric recliners and butler service. That’s about his speed right now. Thanks for the idea. He’s so bored.

@txcritter69 hope your mood changes and your days are brighter. It’s rough to have the ups and downs and all arounds. 💐

For me, I managed to stay within calories today and got 11k steps in. A long day here. We had to gown shop for my 14 year old, for her cousins wedding. It’s very formal and she decided on fluff and puff. Pink too. I so wasn’t expecting that. Hubby is off to his first doctors appt here. Thankfully it’s a friends husband, so we can check on his scapula progress and get a referral for a thoracic surgeon. Then off to neurosurgery. This shall be a hectic month. No more mountain bikes in this family!!! Bubbles, I want bubbles for everyone.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Welcome new Slimpossibles!

Day 4 of the No Junk Food challenge, and I'm doing really well, avoiding temptation. No sugar for me, I'm sweet enough as it is!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Hugs my friend. Sounds like you’re doing really well, great job on the steps yesterday and today. Good luck to your husband, I know it’s stressful and hard but hopefully he’ll feel better that he’s taking charge of his health a bit with these appointments starting.

@megnolia82 Go you I’m glad you’re starting now! Hopefully after a few days you’ll start feeling better- both your planter-fascitis and in general. I’m excited to see what changes are coming for you.

@trooworld Your yoga class sounds fun, I’m glad it went well. Haha true that is NOT junk food, wtg! Those reclining chairs are the best, I love those and can sit through a movie if I’m able to sit in them. Yikes that is real hot!

@Cornanda That’s definitely a win with how little you ate, it’s not even a serving so you controlled yourself not going for a serving.

@Neon_Ninja @KMD1214 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, can’t wait to get to know you!

@txcritter69 I hope you’re feeling better soon, hang in there! We’re starting a new no junk challenge if that may help you, sometimes something new is what we need to keep things going but if not I hope you’re feeling better in a few days.

@KMD1214 Hi Kate, welcome back! Aha that must be where I know your name from, I’d checked my friend’s list to see if we were friends but must be thinking of in this group. Congratulations on the 5lbs down already!

@Neon_Ninja Hi, love your name! What is the story behind it? If you have any questions just ask, otherwise feel free to jump in! We do beginning-of-the-month intros but you’re more than welcome to start now.

@makanacapellocullen Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

@Micaroo4 Great job my friend! Haha you ARE sweet enough without more sugar!

So those of you doing the challenge have you noticed a difference in cravings? I’m just starting to NOT crave bread, I didn’t realize how much I was adding it to my meals. I’m feeling real wiped out lately, I’m guessing allergies and my pain medication are to blame but I’m needing a lot of naps. I tried getting an appointment with my primary to refer me to the neurosurgeon and he's booked until October, I wish I'd thought of that a few months ago! I did a short workout then had my car smogged, dropped of my laptop for repairs, and went grocery shopping. My aunt is here from WA and we’re all going over tomorrow night for dinner at my parent’s. I’m waiting to see how I feel as I’m going to the farm in the morning then my neighbor’s in the afternoon to watch a gardening show but haven't seen my aunt in a few years and would love to see her. . Have a great Tuesday my friends!

No junk: doing well, hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to avoid it.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Cornanda You could have done a lot worse than 1.5 crackers. Way to stop yourself! Are you substituting anything for when your brain tells you that you want a triscuit?

Welcome, @Neon_Ninja and @KMD1214! Our No Junk Food Challenge has just begun, you are welcome to join in! Just define what junk food is for you and abstain from it until Sept 25! Kate, congrats on your 5 lbs down! Glad you are back. @Neon_Ninja, you have great goals! Let us know if you need help figuring anything out.

@makanacapellocullen Welcome to the team! Feel free to join our No Junk Food Challenge. I'll post about it below.

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss. I'm sorry about the mood swings. Hugs.

@AmbersWay It was a nice break from the heat and the monotony of my day lol. You should definitely do it! I'm glad your hubby has good care. Bubbles!

@Katmary71 Thanks, it was a great day! My cravings have STARTED to go down but I need more time, I think. I think it helps to add in substitutes like fresh fruits and veggies. It seems like every time I call my primary, she's booked for months. :/ I hope you get in. I hope you get to see your aunt.

Hi all. It seems everyone is doing well with no junk challenge. Me, too. I didn't have any chips or cookies yesterday. I tracked and drank 100 oz of water, so I'm feeling good. I have had the same headache for 3 weeks now, that I'm not feeling so good about. It's from the weather. It's been hot that long. Today, it's supposed to get up to 100F. I had a victory at work yesterday: not only did I not eat junk or go to the cafe, I figured out something that was assigned to me with no instructions!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    For our new members or any member who hasn't joined it yet, here is info on our No Junk Food Challenge. Please jump in when you want:

lat25cnxvc37.png
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ..Another new member joining your amazing team .... Please welcome @cbennett3026
    :)
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @KMD1214 , @makanacapellocullen , @cbennett3026 : *waves from the cheap seats* Hello and welcome!

@trooworld : Thanks for posting the challenge! Awesome job with the water--it's something I struggle with--and with the NO chips/cookies. Great NSV at work!

@Katmary71 : As far as my name, I was looking for something easy to remember, lol. Plus, I like the idea of being a ninja for fitness. I hope you're feeling better and able to be with your aunt.

@micaroo4 : I got a chuckle about you being sweet enough--I think I am, too. The bugs love me! :D

@AmbersWay : Great step count! I hope your husband is feeling much better. I'm guessing he fell off a mountain bike?

Great challenge for me to work on as I had decided that "no sugar" would be the way to go when I started back, because I just like too much of the stuff. Have pared down the house and hubby is off ice cream (thank goodness because he's a fiend for it and has gained weight, too) so that helps. Should be interesting as I always get cravings after I eat for something sweet. I do have fruit lined up to help that a bit.
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Thanks for so many warm welcomes!
    @trooworld : I’ve thought of your quote so many times since I’ve read it…

[My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."]
    Love, love, love that!

For any southeastern-ers, stay safe this week!!!!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 35 of 52

PW: 136.4
    CW: 136.2

I feel like my eating has been out of control. I never cheated then after my hub yelled and me and told me I was obsessed with food I ate Cake when I was not supposed to and of course, I felt guilty about that. I had a chat with my shrink about it, and he said that other people should just "but" out of my food choices and to keep doing what is working for me. My husband and I chatted about it too, I told him I thought I finally found something that works for me and that I thought that I would not be yelled at about my weight for the rest of my life. I honestly could not figure out what to do. I spent so much overcoming so many obstacles I felt that I should not have to change if its working for me. Who cares when I eat my calories, I mean really why does that matter. I told my hub what my shrink said, and he said he was sorry. I feel better about it now and I'm getting back on track. I do not want to be yelled at or bullied over my weight anymore. Don't fix what's not broken, you might not get the result you are looking for.

I had to go thru all of that because over 2 years ago he thought my bowl of salad was too big and he did not want a repeat of that. He said he is sensitive to that. But that is the past, and we need to live more in today's world than yesterdays.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Day 5 of the No Junk Food challenge, and I'm doing really well, avoiding temptation and sugar.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Did I yell too loud for Hurricane Hilary? She didn't answer but Idalia must have heard. Windy, rainy day ahead. Had to rebook my trip by a day- Leaving Thurs now.

Lisa
This discussion has been closed.