Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Hilary! Get back here! We know how to deal with you! I hope she just peters right out and doesn't rain on you too much.

@katmary71- the neck wrap sounds awesome. I don't like hearing there is less feeling in your hands. What is your doctor status? Sending you a hug.

DH and DS are home later today! Friday night DD and I watched a movie and Gus was a huge brat because he gets very excited around DD's cat. He tries to tackle the cat. He is small- not much bigger than the cat. The cat taunts him by hiding and then running across the room. We wanted to watch another movie last night, so we did our best all day to tire out the dog- a long walk, two outdoor play sessions- one of them with the hose and sprinklers. Followed me around cleaning all day, so very limited naps. He did better than Friday, but still had energy. I don't know where he keeps finding the energy!

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I’m really sorry but I need to take a break from
    Tracking this month. I realized I already missed last week. I will be back for September week 1. You guys are awesome and you deserve my full attention and best effort.
    Cheers to everyone for a good wrap up to august!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 That's an awesome idea! Deal! Thanks, I'll report on the stuff you asked below. Oh, that neck wrap sounds awesome! I'm glad it helped. It sounds like you had a great day. Enjoy your Sunday!

@DrewsAnna I'm sorry you struggled yesterday, I hope today is better. That was a good idea about the berries and Cool Whip.

@Cornanda Thank you! LOL She is petering out so far. Darn it, Gussy! Leave that cat alone! LOL I know what you mean, Violet has endless energy, especially when it is time to go to bed. :(

@maggybd Congrats on the loss!

@megnolia82, @broncobuddee will take care of you. See you in September! <3

@19shmoo69 Nice loss, Darren!

Hi all. Well to no surprise of my "meteorologist" husband, the hurricane has been downgraded to a tropical storm. We are now expected to get lots of rain, flooding, and possible downed power lines. The worst of it will hit at about 2 pm. I did crappy yesterday: we went out to dinner with some people and I had a hard time making a good decision, there were no options on the menu for anything healthy. Well, I saw what I could have done after I ordered. :( Then, we got home and ate junk. Today is a new day. At least I went to Aqua Zumba yesterday, which I really enjoyed!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

0wz0foceqqxl.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    Join the new Junk Food Challenge! What questions do you have?

ju13rn5h2nif.png

Notice I made the challenge start on Friday? That's because I want you to have time to get rid of your junk food and get healthy stuff!
  • trooworld
    Options
    JUNK FOOD DEFINED FOR ME:
    Anything ultra-processed like chips, peanut butter-filled pretzels, Doritos, all junky food with unrecognizable ingredients.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    PW :159.2
    CW :159.2

I’m fine with this. I’ve been sick with a non Covid respiratory virus that has been kicking my tail. Weird how you can have little appetite but still eat almost 1400 calories a day worth of soup and popsicles.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

5wraboexm6bg.png
    0p3cieibehwt.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    4fy3gr9esndr.png

By Pounds
    s3x3x1s5560i.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    iw0spnc3zqfw.png
    8trjul35abjr.png

By Pounds
    ox5xspiu4ggg.png

Team Winners
    wfsujvy3gpvv.png
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 216
    CW 220.6

Looks like vacation caught up to me 👎
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Count me in on the Junk Food Challenge. I have been on vacation, and really need to get right back to my no sugar/low sugar program.

JUNK FOOD DEFINED FOR ME:
    Anything with added sugar, anything ultraprocessed, or devoid of fiber.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna I’m glad the healthy snack helped stop the cravings. Shoot I’m sorry to hear about the smoke.

@Cornanda No scheduled appointment to see the surgeon and it has to be a referral, it was getting restarted two weeks ago because of the moron that mentioned a stimulator when I’m not a candidate and I don’t get updates until my monthly appointments. I was told it takes 3 months and it’s going on 4 months. Not surprising “Death with Dignity” is becoming very popular in the chronic pain groups (I haven’t looked into that just saying there’s a reason no one has hope and I get it). I’m glad you managed to tire Gus out a bit yesterday, to have the energy of puppies!

@megnolia82 take care and hope to see you then!

@trooworld How are you faring with the storm? I’m glad you enjoyed Zumba! Shoot sounds like a tough time dealing with the menu threw you. Haha I like how the next challenge starts a week out! And it stops right before my birthday, perfect!

@DebJB30 Oh no hope you’re feeling better soon!

@maggybd @DebJB30 @txcritter69 way to go top winners!

Hi team! I’m down for the no junk food challenge too, I like @micaroo4 ‘s definition of anything with added sugar or ultraprocessed. I’m inching toward no gluten but not quite there yet, maybe by the end of the week but if not getting things cleaned up works for me. Not feeling too hot today, not sure if it’s the weather or not but can’t walk well so I’m not getting much done. I DID make skinnytaste’s Greek pasta salad and have burgers ready to be cooked so it wasn’t a complete bust.

Have an awesome Monday!
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 166.2
    CW: 169.7
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I am very proud to share that I completed the 72 hour sardine challenge. I ate only sardines and drank coffee with cream (that is not technically allowed) for 3 days. Mostly, I am really happy I actually finished. I often start things like this and then abandon them after a day.

I lost 5.8 lbs. I am guessing 5 of that is water weight that I will regain the moment I eat a carb.
    My fasting glucose was 75 this morning and my ketones are 1.4 which is the highest they have ever been. The goal of this was mostly to get back into ketosis and I definitely accomplished that.

Now I need to stay in ketosis. The goal for this week is to be under 20 net carbs and under 1400 calories.

I decided to do this mostly over a weekend because I wasn't sure how I would feel. This was probably a mistake. I felt great but being at home around food all day was hard. Next time I will probably do this during the week.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @katmary71- You had this same problem waiting for the MRI- it really doesn't have to be like this- our health care system can be VERY disappointing. I can understand why those jokes are made.

@trooworld - hopefully Hilary has gone by you now and things did not get too bad.

My junk foods are Boom chick a pop and triscuits.

Have a good week everyone!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @maggybd @DebJB30 @txcritter69 Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard, you guys!

@DebJB30 I hope you feel better soon.

@Katmary71 I've had a migraine for days, we've gotten a lot of rain but not what expected. Our window in our spare room is taking the brunt of the rain, we had to put a bucket in the window to catch some of it, towels below the window to catch what the bucket doesn't. The guy upstairs refuses to replace his window (that is the cause, HIS window disrepair...HOA is talking to an attorney but that isn't happening fast). The window leak has been going on since 2019. Yes, the menu situation definitely threw me. After I ordered, I saw in a side menu that I could have had a chicken breast and broccoli. :( What day is your birthday? I'm glad that worked out perfectly! I hope the storm misses you.

@maggybd Sardines are so healthy for you, my husband eats them every day. Congrats on completing the challenge! It's hard to do things where you eat the same thing day after day. 5.8 lbs is a great amount to lose.

@Cornanda Thanks, it didn't get too bad for the rest of San Diego but see my comment above to @Katmary71 about my window. Grrrrrh.

Hi all. Hanging in over here on the west coast. That's all I've got.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @maggybd Great job on the sardine challenge! I love sardines but I bet that last day was tough. I’m glad it got you back into ketosis, wtg!

@Cornanda Oh no I definitely get why those two are your junk food items, I can’t eat one serving of either especially Triscuits!

@trooworld Oh that window situation sounds really frustrating, I’d imagine being in an HOA he signed an agreement to take care of his property in a way that doesn’t affect or endanger others and agreed to keep up his property maintenance. I hope this goes through fast! September 30th is my birthday.

Hi friends! Well it DID rain this morning, I woke up feeling pretty bad so after my workout when I saw it was wet outside I decided to stay home and let the garlic dry off. I cut the cable so I returned my equipment and set up the new modem and changed all my wifi passwords. Bill had given me his old Roku and I’ve been figuring it out. Did some cleaning and lawn maintenance and am planning to finish the cleaning tonight then read outside for a bit since it’s not too hot right now.
    Have an awesome Tuesday! Challenge is almost here!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee

Sorry I missed Sunday WI. It’s still chaotic with my husband’s recovery.

I think my

PW: 193
    CW:196

It’s finally caught up with me. I hope by Friday I’ll be back on track.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my first day back to work after vacation, so it was very busy with me trying to catch up from missing 6 workdays. All caught up at the end of the day; Tuesday is my regular day off, so now I'm trying to catch up with work that needs to be done at home, like cleaning, laundry, groceries.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Oh it is sooooo frustrating! We can't do anything about it, which is the worst. I imagine he did. He is going to be taken to court, I'm sure. I don't know what good that will do but we'll see. We can't even sell the condo because the window leaks...we'd have to disclose that and nobody would want to deal with that. So we are stuck. :( I'm glad you stayed home and rested. Good luck with the Roku! That sounds cool.

Hi all. The HOA sent their handyman out to help. He got up on a ladder and saw the condition of the window above us and as I figured, it is falling apart and in disrepair. He tried to get them to answer the door so that he could put a bandaid on the situation but nobody was home or answered the door at least. He took the frame off around the window and the drywall down above the window as it was all wet and needs to dry out. Between that and doing some self-care crafting yesterday, I did not track at all. I didn't eat dinner, instead, I drank a bottle of wine. Not good on a school night lol. I don't feel so well today.

This discussion has been closed.