Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 34 of 52

PW: 136.6
    CW: 136.4

We got one day of heavy rains; no damage and the power did not go off. The emergency system sent out a message to stock up on supplies which created crowding the market. It's a bit cooler here and nice for a change but going to heat up by next week again.
    My feed is working, but it seems to be random. I've been on MFP for 2 years as of yesterday. Not much going on here, I'm trying to build a sandcastle room and I'm not very good at it.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I always hated that return to work after a break as so much piles up, I hope you catch up fast!

@trooworld That neighbor is real frustrating, geez! I wish they were acting faster since your condo is being damaged by that jerk. True if someone came even if you COULD sell it like that letting them know their neighbor is uncooperative wouldn’t go over well and you’d have to give some explanation. Oh no a full bottle of wine day! I’m not surprised you don’t feel the best today, big hugs to you. If you want some offensive music to play let me know and I'll send you a fun playlist of two.

@FushiaKat I’m so glad you made it through the storm without an issue. Happy 2 years on MFP, look at how well you've done in that time! Sadly I wish I could say the feed issue should clear up soon but you know what this place is like! My ex-boyfriend drove some MFP bigwigs around at one of their meetings and supposedly a lot of new changes are coming, just hearing that terrifies me as every upgrade something else goes wrong. That delay has done great at keeping me from posting.

Hi friends. Got caught up on work and had my roots touched up, I’m supposed to be going to my neighbor’s for dinner but I texted her to confirm and haven’t heard back and I’m hungry so I may just eat leftovers (she just texted of course). The most ridiculous thing happened to me yesterday, there was a dead squirrel between my house and my neighbor’s so I got a shovel and scooped it up and went down the street to fling it in the greenbelt. Well it’s poor body got stuck in a branch in a eucalyptus tree and it was dangling there, looked sad and creepy and it’s too steep to knock it down so I had to leave it, it’s not where anyone else would notice it but me as you could just see the tail. I’ve hand-raised squirrels before so I was already trying not to be upset and that was so nuts that I was trying to prevent others from seeing the sad sight that I stood there laughing trying not to cry over the poor thing. It wasn’t there earlier today and I don’t even want to wonder about what happened to it.

Almost ready for the challenge, I’m going out to eat Friday with some neighbors so perfect time to make it complicated and do “no gluten and no junk”! I’m debating on where wine fits into that.

Noticed it's a little slow here which IS more common at the end of the month, if there's anything we can do to support you or you have an ideas to increase participation please share as we want everyone to feel comfortable here. Have a great night and an awesome Wednesday!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry I missed weigh-ins! @trooworld @broncobuddee !

We're leaving tmo night for 2 weeks in Europe/Istanbul. Then weekend in Downeast Maine right after we get back, for a wedding. Then a week in Wisconsin, starting the day after that, celebrating hubby's parents' 60th wedding anniversary.

My eyeballs hurt, I've been madly researching for the last three weeks, trying to get everything booked. Daughter is getting married civil ceremony aka 'the paperwork' as she calls it, on Aug 29. 'Real wedding', again - as she calls it - is next summer.

Weigh-ins in next post!
    Cheers,
    mk :)
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in day - Sundays
    username - mkksemail

Sun Aug 20 - 194.8
    Sun Aug 13 - I lost the weigh-in, I think I may have posted here, tho. I hope I did! Sat 12th was 194.6, Mon Aug 14th was 191.3
    Sun Aug 8 - 194.2

Cheers,
    - mk :)
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I feel like I’m in a slump. I have these cravings for junk or other unhealthy snacks and have had no motivation to get back into running. Ever since getting back from vacation on Saturday, I just can’t get motivated. I’m open to any ideas. I think it doesn’t help it’s been gloomy and rainy, but I don’t want to use that as an excuse.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 - You need to get one good day behind you. Make a contract with yourself to eat on plan all day for just the one day. The junk and unhealthy snacks will be there the next day if you want them, but just get through the one full day completely on plan. I find that a run of bad eating days just needs to be interrupted, and once I've done that, then I'm back on plan. Same thing with the running. Put your shoes on, and just start. Make no plans for how far you will run, just promise yourself to do 10 minutes. If you want to stop after 10 minutes, then stop. Just break the inertia. Find your mojo.
    -Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat The same situation down here, not a big deal as far as the downpour went.

@Katmary71 Yes, the whole building is being damaged. I am not hopeful we could sell this place unless we sold it "AS IS" which would mean a price cut. Yeah, I didn't feel well at all yesterday lol. I feel better today. Yes, please send me a playlist or two of some offensive music. I love different music!!! Oh gosh, that would upset me too (the squirrel thing)! It's kind of good that they vanished. Don't think about what could have happened. Maybe they sprung back to life and walked away, that's a good thought! Oh you are daring to think about putting wine on your list lol! Thanks for noticing the slow down and offering support. I second that!

@mkksemail Oh it's that time, is it? I hope everything goes smoothly and the civil ceremony goes well. Congrats to your daughter and the spice boy!

@sleepygirl79 There are a couple of suggestions. First, join the no junk challenge that starts on Friday! Second, make small, achievable goals. I like @micaroo4's idea of running for 10 minutes. For food, you could say "I'll have 1 less snack today" and build on that. Good luck, we are here to support you!

Hi all. We did not feel like cooking last night. I make a healthyish decision when we ordered Thai food for dinner: I had fresh Thai spring rolls and Pad Thai with mock duck and instead of the regular noodles, I had moroheiya noodles. I hadn't heard of them, but apparently, they have the following benefits:
    • More beta carotene than carrots
    • More vitamin B (Thiamine), B2 (Riboflavin), B6 (Pyridoxine) and B9 (Folate) and vitamin E than spinach, broccoli or carrots
    • More fiber than the three vegetables mentioned above
    • Five times more calcium than spinach!

I didn't notice a different taste or anything, they were good.

https://www.noodelist.com/blogs/community/moroheiya-the-kings-vegetable

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @mkksmail That’s so exciting have a great time! Congratulations to your daughter and all of you. Take lots of pictures!

@sleepygirl79 Did you eat unhealthy on vacation? I’m not judging (I totally eat lousy on vacation) but it DOES make it hard when you get home to get back on track. Weather definitely doesn’t help. I agree with @Micaroo4 about getting a good day behind you, each day without simple carbs or sugar it gets easier but that first day or couple days suck! Since it’s gloomy and rainy how about making a big batch or hot tea to help fill you or a broth-type soup you can eat a lot of for low calories? Try not to think too much about it either, you know what you have to do you just have to do it. After you’re through a day or a few days at least for me I usually feel a little calmer since I’m not as stressed from eating bad and having strong cravings. If you find yourself procrastinating working out I’ve found finding a time where you’re just doing it no matter what helps, you can drag your feet until that time then just get it done.

@micaroo4 Great advice! I’m usually kicking myself for eating so bad on vacation after I can get through a day I feel more calm falling back into routine.

@trooworld I like thinking it was taking a nap before I so rudely flung it into a tree, lol! Wow those noodles sound really good, the vitamins are awesome! If you’re looking for different music I’ll send you some fun stuff to check out.

Hi friends. I spent my morning at the greenhouse starting about 15 flats of seeds, we’re off to a great start with seeding the fall veggies though the germination rate from last week was slow. I was totally worn out and fell into bed as soon as I got home for a few hours but I haven’t been sleeping good and needed it. The farm manager has been going to the greenhouse with me to make sure it’s arranged where I’m not going to hurt myself (basically needs to dump the dirt in a bin and put it on the table instead of me leaning over to fill trays). I’m caught up on work, took care of some random things, and next up is watering the garden. I started seeds for my garden and I think every bok choy seed germinated which I didn’t expect so plenty of greens in winter. Have a great night and wonderful Thursday!

No junk so far is: No gluten, no sugar aside of in my coffee creamer (and my Dad’s birthday cake and ice cream).
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 LOL! Yes, the noodles were really good and I had never heard of them before seeing them as an option on the menu. Yes, please send some fun music! That's good that the farm manager is making sure you don't hurt yourself. I'm glad to hear that. Have a good day!

Wow, I can't believe that there was just one reply yesterday. Where is everyone lol? I'm doing okay but I can feel myself slipping into a black hole. I need this upcoming challenge. BTW, the challenge starts TOMORROW! I hope you join us.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    Options
    I'm ready for the no junk food challenge! Well, almost ready. I think I have 4 pieces of dark chocolate in my cupboard. I know that it won't spoil; I just don't know if I can leave it there and every day know that it's there calling my name for a month!

I'm just wrapping up a challenge on StrideKick to do 15K steps/day for every day of the month of August. 23 days down, 8 days to go. Almost to the finish line! This is part of my Walk The Year goal, where I walk 2023 miles in 2023. That works out to about 6 miles/day. I was 10 days behind on the first of July, but now I'm 10 days ahead. That will make December a lot easier.

-Mica
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sunday
    PW: 203.4
    CW: 201.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda – Your daughter’s cat is hilarious!
    @19shmoo69 – Nice loss! Hope those hot flashes aren’t too bad!
    @Katmary71 – Is the neck wrap one of those hand made ones filled with rice or corn? I need to get my hands on one. That’s so sad about your chronic pain groups. I wish I had a magic wand. Wait…your ex worked for My Fitness Pal? I don’t remember reading anything about that… And I’m really trying not to laugh about the squirrel. I don’t mean to be insensitive, but the visual made me LOL.
    @trooworld – I’m gonna give your Junk Food challenge a go :)
    @DebJB30 – Hope you’re feeling better!
    @maggybd – I seriously thought you were joking about the sardines! Ew!!!
    Oh boy, y’all. I screwed up at work on Friday and then proceeded to have a mental breakdown when my boss came into my office to talk to me. He kept saying he only knows of 2 other screw ups in the past 18 years and that it was no big deal, but it was to me. I forgot to enter payroll for our 2 part timers. Yes, they are retired and have plenty of money, but still. We’re a government, so they couldn’t do a special issue payroll for them. They will just get double on their next ones. Anyway, my boss said he was concerned about everything I’m doing for everyone (my children & mom) and strongly suggested I take a vacation. So I am happy to say that I will go visit my niece and her family BY MYSELF the first week of October. They live in Colorado Springs and she’s been wanting to take me to the mountains. I’ve never been there, so Lord help me make it until then. I was a tearful mess. Makes me thankful he’s been my boss for that long and he’s more like a big brother to me. In the meantime, I will continue to see my therapist and also try to write more here. I read everything, but if I’m on my phone, it’s too much of a pain to try to write anything.
    Ok. Time for my Junk Food Challenge: No chips, candy or cookies (or any “gas station snacks”). Still not giving up my soda. These categories are going to be difficult enough. I’ll spend this evening thinking about what I’ll replace them with other than the usual carrots and home-made hummus. Suggestions are always welcome!
    P.S. National Peach Month cards FINALLY got sent today. Sorry about the delay!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Oh no I'm sorry to hear about the mistake but absolutely love the outcome of you getting a break and vacation, the mountains would be perfect! Thank goodness for good bosses! Hey please know you can always just share what's going on with you and don't have to answer everything you're tagged about, I love just knowing how everyone is doing and even @trooworld and I can't always respond. I think there's ebbs and flows with the group where we can post more or less, I'm just happy knowing everyone's still hanging in there and making it through each day though I love the interactive conversations too. My lettuce is being stubborn about germinating, I'm hoping one day I'll go out there to a happy surprise! I'm sure the lettuce seeds are like "oh HELL NAW" to this 100 degree temps! The wrap is a handmade one, I'm not sure what's in it, I'll check it out tonight. Oh my ex-boyfriend was a shuttle driver for a short time and was driving the some IT MFP people and when he told them his girlfriend's on there they said they had a bunch of great things planned like being able to say out loud what you're logging instead of typing it in. That's the only one I remember. Do you have tortillas you can eat? I've been putting beans, mozzerella, or hummus on a tortilla with sliced tomatoes and sweet and spicy jalapenos from Trader Joe's. I know you'd need a cheese dupe for the one though. Air popped popcorn maybe?

@micaroo4 I'd definitely finish the chocolate first or else you'll be hearing voices from cupboard quite often! I have a loaf of sourdough in the freezer that's going to be hard to avoid.

@trooworld No deep holes for you, you got this! We're starting off strong tomorrow!

Hi friends! Boy with no gluten starting tomorrow I should've gone to The Old Spaghetti Factory for pasta and bread but I didn't. I'm going out tomorrow night with neighbors and planning on a salad. I won't be able to drink beer for the next month either. I know I need to do it for more than a month but am going with the month to trick myself a bit for now so I don't get bingy, I've had more bread this last week than in the last year or so which is stupid of me. I had my gum cleaning today and it actually went well, she was real happy with how good I am at homework. I may have said this last night but my micro current ear clips seem to have nickel in them as I have rashes behind both ears, you can't do anything about it so no more drifting off to sleep with them on especially when your ears itch all night. I was worried something was wrong with my gum graft but apparently (looking at mangos in particular) fruit can make teeth nerves close to the surface flare up. I can't seem to do anything right, it's ridiculous. I called the pain clinic yesterday to see what the doctor did with my botched referral and I was asked if I got the spinal cord stimulator yet (mind you no one bothered to call me to schedule that but the pain doctors don't want me to do it so it makes no sense) that the doctors say I'm not a candidate for. I ended up losing my temper and she said she'd expedite my referral and call me in a week but they've never called me back, I would love the happy surprise though so I'll be optimistic and look forward to it.

So no junk for me will be no gluten, no simple carbs or added sugar aside of my coffee creamer. Let's do this, have a great Friday!

• micaroo4
    Options
    No Junk Food! Day ONE!
    (I ate the last of the chocolate last night)

Exciting things happening for Rich - last night he got a message from one of the 23+me DNA relatives, and it turns out that it's a NEPHEW - so Rich has a BROTHER (or Half-Brother). The young man didn't want to give out his dad's phone number, but he will give Rich's phone number to his dad - and we are hoping the dad (Rich's brother) will phone him today at 3:00pm. This brother, like Rich, was also put up for adoption at birth. I guess the birth parents really couldn't afford children.... in any case, Rich was definitely better off with the family who raised him.

It's pouring here again. This is the rainiest summer that I can remember. If I try to get my 15K steps today, I will get soaked. I just have to decide - how badly to I want to keep my streak going?

-Mica
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I'm glad you have a good boss and that you get to go on vacation. You have been doing SO much for your fam, it's good that you get to do something for you. I made a dumb mistake at work last week and was very embarrassed. My boss let it go and focused on the things I do right. (I like her)- why can't I let these things go? Something I've been musing on- how to do this better.

@Katmary71 - I didn't comment on the squirrel thing, but thought it was hilarious- can't even believe that happened. I'm probably being rude, but do they even do anything at that pain clinic? "did you get the spinal stimulator we never ordered for you?" Seriously, health care is such a mess. Eating mangos and wearing your ear clips is giving you trouble? I think you should go on vacay with @vegan4lyfe2012 ! You always keep your chin up so well. Good luck with no gluten and keep us updated.

@trooworld - that really stinks about the window. You hang in there- no black hole. Do something nice for yourself this weekend.

@micaroo4 - a brother! That's very exciting! Did you get wet or ditch the streak?

Had a doc appt yesterday. My blood pressure has crept up and she wants to increase my med. I negotiated for a month to get my act together. Please let me take this wake up call seriously! I need to be much less fat!

Let's get this no junk food rolling!

Lisa
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 176.5
    CW: 175

:) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@broncobuddee - I will be skipping weigh in next week as I will be out of town.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 229.0
    CW: 230.2

+1.2
  • trooworld
    Options
    IT'S THAT TIME!!! Who's with me?

ehirjo5oq33r.png

• trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! Yay for joining the challenge! I do that too, am really hard on myself about work mistakes. I'm glad you are taking a vacation. Do you have a dehydrator? If so, you could make your own veggie chips! <3

@Katmary71 YES!!! That's too bad about the mango. :( I hope they call you soon.

@micaroo4 WOW!!! That is exciting.

@Cornanda Thank you! Sounds like you got the wake-up call you needed. You got this, Lisa. Congrats on the loss.

Okay so I gained again. I will NOT let this hold me back. I got this.

• maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 you are almost in onderland! Are you excited or do you just think about it as another number?
This discussion has been closed.