Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
dqgdkmup4eik.png
Here is your Team chat room for September 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The Septemberchallenge runs for 4 weeks, from September 3 - 30. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 : Thank you for that beautiful (re)introduction! So many of us (notably, lots of us in “caregiving” roles) struggle far and long with our weight. Lifetimes, really. Your commitment and success are so inspiring and ‘just what the doctor ordered’ for me to read this morning (before the hot dogs start charring on the grill this weekend!). Note to self: stop, think it through, make a choice that says “I” matter, too.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Howdy 🤠 All!

Is it fall now? Can I post some 🍁 🍃? I’m ready for cooler weather here. Bring on the 🎃!!!

Welcome to all the new members. I know that I had a post/response to a new/returning member who asked about my husbands accident and I got sidetracked. So sorry 😞

I’m a married mom of 3. 30 years this December. I’ve been with MFP for years and joined this group in December. MFP helped me lose a good amount of weight years ago. Some creeped back on after some major health issues and i am back to get them lbs off. Since joining the group for the January challenge I’ve lost close to 30lbs. Ive had my slow weeks, plateaus and struggles but the thankfully this group has kept me going. Thank you all.

For this weeks catch up…

Hubby had his 1st appt with orthopedics. Now onto Thoracic Surgery to see what’s next. He’s still in pain and struggles to find comfort despite improving.

Kids are all busy. I’m busy trying to keep up with everyone. Trying hard to keep up with my eating plan. My calories are alright but too many carbs lately. Trying to make better choices though.

No Zeros:

Naps! I’m wore out since the accident and now I am a firm believer in my naps!

Taking a few minutes at stressful moments to just breath and remind myself that I can do it.

Hope all of you are finding your way to keep going. 💐

• jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,131 Member
    Options
    Greetings Slims! You have a new member on the way. Please welcome @865jessica - thanks!
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Happy September! I busted the challenge for a few days, eating over goal and going crazy on some cookies. iqqt4zuwheca.gif

But, hey-oh, today's another day. Speaking of which--I finally looked at the label of a favorite blueberry bar that's vegan (I'm not, but "mostly" vegetarian): 24 gms of sugar per bar! Harrumph. Will maybe just not eat them, or find a better sub.

Cool morning here in the mountains, it's way early for leaves to be changing and they say it might be an off year because of the hot summer. Bummer.

@AmbersWay : Bring on ALL the fall! Throw those leaves around! Fall is my favorite time of the year.

@broncobuddee : Hi and thanks for your response about the weigh-in day. I'll stick with Wednesday because that's the day I signed into MFP--I knew I chose it for some reason and the clue bird finally landed, lol.

@865jessica : Welcome!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I’m a returning member of the Slimsons. Been at this journey yo-yoing but hopefully will get my butt in gear and go down to 110-120 area. SW was 228.8, CW is 212.6. I love to go to Zumba classes. Had taken a hiatus during COVID and working 2 jobs but down to one job and on call with the other so have some free time when I’m not taking classes towards my MBA. I have 3 fluffy huskies and a older bichon. They keep me going and on my toes.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone!

~Missy
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @865jessica Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles, your medical situation sounds scary I'm glad you're hear to talk about it and happy you're part of our group.

@Neon_Ninja Once you start tracking what's in food it's pretty scary, I was trying to eat healthy after my diabetes diagnosis so I was buying Greek yogurt and was shocked reading the back when one serving of Greek Gods yogurt was 33g of sugar/serving! I'm laughing typing this because of how clueless I was about what was really healthy then.

Hi friends, I'm Kathy and I'm Mission Slimpossibles team motivator. Our wonderful group leaders are @trooworld and @Broncobuddee . I'm 51 until the end of the month, live in the Sacramento, CA area, and have brother four-year-old cats. I've been part of this group since early 2019 and became a motivator that summer, love this group and I hope you will too! I'm about 75lbs down from my highest which was right after I'd quit smoking and had a double back fusion 15 years ago. I had been diagnosed with various health issues about 6 years ago and slowly started losing then joined MFP and got serious and got the rest of the extra weight off. I have my diabetes and liver issues in remission but am still struggling with chronic pain from spinal issues and nerve damage/CRPS. I'm currently waiting to see a neurosurgeon as one of the neck bulges in my neck is compressing my spine and I just found out I have 13 herniated discs. This group and my MFP friends have helped keep me sane through all of this and I'm so grateful for all of you to have a "normal" and healthy outlet that isn't stuffing my face! I love to read, garden, help with some claims filing, and volunteer at the food bank farm and with a charity in my town though the volunteering isn't happening as much these days.

No junk is going good! Have a great Sunday!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The Sep Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Sep 3rd. I hope you will join us for the Majors & Minors Challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10898679/sep-week-1-group-challenge-majors-minors#latest

I hope to see you in the chat thread...bring a friend!
    Jessica :blush:
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am not keto like hubby and can’t see myself doing it either.

@sleepygirl79 I could never do keto either, not that there's anything wrong with it but I love my fruit and veggies (including potatoes!) too much to ever be able to stick to it. I think finding/knowing what's sustainable for you personally is half the battle!

Also with being on the road, would you be able to pack something with a cooler or lunch box with an ice pack? I know during the winter you may not want a cold lunch but it would be perfect for sandwiches, wraps or salads or any cold lunches in the summer!
  • KMD1214
    Options
    Weigh-in day!!!

Username: KMD1214 (Kate)
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 164.9
    CW: 162.3
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja oh I adore fall with all my being. I understand have a Cookie Monster moment. Carbs are really calling to me. I have to break the cravings.

@865jessica I’m so sorry about what you’ve been through. I’ve been there myself after a botched surgery. Sepsis is scary stuff. Glad you’re doing well now. You’ve joined a great group here. The support and understanding is amazing.

@Katmary71 you are a great support person. You have been a shoulder, encourager and amazing tip giver. Thanks so much!

@19shmoo69 I had no idea you had left/returned. Glad you made your way back. How’s the switch to decaf? I have a hard time finding something I like. What are you drinking?

• KMD1214
    Options
    My name is Kate, and I am loving reading these incredible introductions. We’re such a diverse group (even internationally!) and have found something we all have in common : this commitment to be more healthy and comfortable in our own bodies. Go, Slims!

I’m 67 (for a few more months, anyway), a wife, a mom to one, a nurse (ret.), and a recent arrival to a beautiful, forested little town not far from Raleigh, NC.

In the quiet times, I love to knit mittens and sweaters 🤷‍♀️ and read books about spies and espionage (any Gabriel Allon fans out there?). I love to walk and played tennis regularly until we moved— trying to find my way back to that, now.

My goals for this month are:
    1. Steady progress, however small, toward my weight loss goal.
    2. Getting outside and walking everyday, and building up my steps.
    3. Tracking EVERYTHING; even those weight bumps and plateaus that tend to stop me in my tracks.

What has helped me in the past:
    1. A lower carb approach. I don’t experience cravings when I keep net carbs under 40.
    2. Planning. I think about what my meals and snacks might be and use MFP to plot things out, swap ingredients, etc.
    3. Focusing on “acceptance” and never using the word “forgiving” when I go off-plan. It tempers the ‘guilt’ that has so often led me to quitting entirely.
    4. Eliminating my night glass(es) of wine.
    5. Intermittent fasting, but not quite there right now.

Hope all are enjoying this beautiful weekend!

• megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in Megnolia82

PW: 215.6
    SW: 228

I actually dropped about 10 pounds in the past week but don’t celebrate too soon. I’ve had a relapse of my C. difficile infection so I haven’t eaten for a couple days. Crazy eh? Although if I’m going to be sick I guess weight loss is a silver lining - ask me again in a couple weeks if it’s still a silver lining and we’ll see what I have to say.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is a little more than 1 yr old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I recently signed up for MFP Premium and I find it very useful.
    I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I have been going to water aerobics and yoga classes. I also go for walks. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Here's info on our current NO JUNK CHALLENGE. Feel free to jump in whenever you want!

dxyjrzjkcqap.png
This discussion has been closed.