Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 6,015 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 Me too! It's my birthday month and I love fall! Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Yes! I'm glad you are feeling a little better. Yay for no junk!

@askewcr @KMD1214 Congrats on the losses!

@AmbersWay I'm glad your hubby had his appt. I hope they can find him some relief. Good no zeros!

@865jessica Welcome to the team! Wow, that does sound scary. Congrats on your success so far!

@Neon_Ninja Today IS a new day! Wow, that's a lot of sugar in those bars. I hope most of that is natural, not added.

@19shmoo69 I didn't realize you went to decaf, you are a good man to switch for your family. I don't know if I could do that lol. j/k family first!

@steffibabiie I'm glad your partner is cancer-free, congrats on that! I've heard the Mediterranean diet is really healthy. I do sort of IF, I don't eat after about 7:30 and then don't eat until 8:30/9. Great job with the exercise!

@megnolia82 Oh gosh, I hope you feel better soon!

Hi all. I've been busy but it's been good. I have not had junk food for a couple of days. I hope to make that last. I'm getting ready to go to Aqua Zumba in a little bit. Have a good day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 I'm with you about the Keto diet. I tried it a few years ago but couldn't let go of bread. It's awesome you're working up to a 5K.

@megnolia82 I'm sorry about you're relapse infection.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay decaf coffee where I live in hard to find. It's folgers and well.....it's not good. In a near by bigger city there's a truckload store and we found family packs of Seattle's best decaf 10/$1.00. It's good. We will drink it while we search for the next batch to try.
    I used get every morning make a lot of something I have a few to choose from and leave the rest for my family. I'm not a huge fan of the decaf flavor so I drink water plain or with flavor additives aka pre-work out, bcaa or homemade hydration mixture.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 274
    C. W. 274
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 167.2
    CW: 169
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I’ll have to check Seatle’s Best. We have them here in town. Hopefully, I can find some good decaf. I love coffee but try to keep it to one/two shots early in the day but sometimes I want an afternoon cup. Thanks
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    I guess I slid over introducing myself. I'm Barb, 61 years old, married for 31 of those years. Retired RN. Currently live in the mountains of NC. I used to run quite frequently, but now hiking is becoming my jam because of where we live, and I really need to do more of it as I have a specific goal in mind to hike a "marathon" at some point. It won't be this year probably, but hopefully early spring.

Eating has been off the charts for the last year and a half--can't pin it down to anything, but I do "eat my emotions", so maybe that's part of it. Got back on MFP to re-charge my nutritional and fitness batteries.

So nice to be here on the team and looking forward to interacting with you all! We can do it, eh?
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Sunday Weigh in

PW :158.8
    CW :159.2

Agh. I’ve been at this same weight for a month. It’s frustrating. On the other hand…I’m not gaining anything, so that’s the good news.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,155 Member
    Options
    I am rocking the No Junk Food Challenge! No junk food, low sugar starting August 25th. I finished the last of my dark chocolate on August 24th.
    -Mica
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Ok i did my weigh in so let me try to properly introduce myself!

I’m Meg, 41 from Ontario, Canada and I have been part of mfp for probably 10 years now.

I have faced the lifelong weight struggle brought on by lifestyle choices and a love of all food and drinks :) I used to keep in check with an active lifestyle but in 2018 I had an ankle injury that never healed and my activity dropped, some other health issues then lockdowns and I went from comfortably high-normal weight to obese.

2023 has been a challenge. I started with a severe respiratory infection and the treatment led me to contract a c difficile infection. I missed a lot of work and did a lot of sleeping and resting over about 3 months. This summer I was almost back to 100% when it snuck up and attacked again.

I am determined to keep my body as healthy as possible to speed up my recovery. I want to keep up with weigh ins although they might be wonky for awhile.

Lots of support and best wishes to all of you as we start off this new month. I’ll be here!
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 : Oh, my heart goes out to you in your battle with the dreaded CDiff. I truly hope you feel better soon and that you have a fabulous medical team overseeing everything.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

yh699lb7hgrh.png
    d0dfl4gappxe.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cksu7b1dnobb.png

By Pounds
    juha115ds89n.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    74vcf55ax1g5.png
    0xxshcjmua84.png

By Pounds
    27kikxv1a6oo.png

Team Winners
    x5za1ihz43iy.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

jy2y4rheey96.png
    5d0k89a0z6so.png
    9a022hu5kq30.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    mpt4pn7dg43v.png

By Pounds
    x6dvhsr4vmwp.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    7mep95wdtbfg.png
    2c12ep2x4e0z.png

By Pounds
    rhuhrpw9grx1.png

Team Winners
    yksh68vcdzbf.png
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Hey I'm proud of you for running no matter how slow it is, are you excited about the marathon? I hadn't realized you were drinking decaf now, are you noticing a difference in pain not having caffeine?

@steffibabiie I'm so glad your husband is doing better, sounds like a great time for you to shine now. I hope you share pics of your outdoor adventures!

@sleepygirl79 We love having you are part of this group too!

@AmbersWay Thank you, I'm happy you're here and think you're amazing, how far you've come is incredibly inspiring to me.

@micaroo4 We love you too! Well done you Are doing great at the no junk challenge!

@KMD1214I love that about MFP and this group, I've never come across so many people who are genuinely trying to better themselves and support one another. I love your goals, I know some of those came with a lot of soul searching like focusing on acceptance.

@megnolia82 Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that! Prayers you kick it a lot faster, that's so frustrating I really feel for you. You've really been through it this year.

@trooworld Hope you had a great time in Aqua Zumba, get down with your bad self!

@Neon_Ninja Hi Barb, no sneaking past us! Next year is a good amount of time to prepare for a marathon, I'm excited for you and can't wait to hear about it!

@Mission Slimpossibles way to go in second place by Percentage and Pounds for August week 5! It was a close one too!

@txcritter69 @DrewsAnna @AmbersWay Our rockstar top winners this week, congratulations!

@trooworld @19shmoo69 @tammymccrady6278 Congratulations team top winners for all of August!

Wow I'm loving the energy in the group for this month, yay! I did a lot today and am wiped out, did some of my PT and stretching stuff, fed my brother's cat, went grocery shopping, and filled my gas tank. I brought home a real nice pot that was up at one of the Take a Plant Leaf a Plant stands, I'll have to take some goodies by for that stand (you can swap plants/seeds with people at stands outside of people's houses around this and neighboring cities). Food was good too so successful day here.

Have a great Monday! I'm having the fence and back door worked on tomorrow so I'll have to trap the cats in my bedroom since the door will be off, wish me luck!
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @AmbersWay you're welcome. I like talking about coffee.
    @Katmary71 I've been 99% decaf for a while now. No the coffee doesn't cause me pain. I am excited about the marathon.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    @broncobuddee , I’m changing the way I report so I don’t mess up. Hope this works.

Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.4
    Sept. 3: 221.6

• steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @trooworld thanks! yeah, it's supposed to be really good for disease prevention and longevity which is how we found it in the first place, as one of my partner's doctors advised he follow it (he doesn't). I loosely follow it - I probably don't eat as many legumes, grains, or pastas, and definitely have meat more often since my dietitian yelled at me about protein 😅 It's really just because I'm a picky eater and what I like to eat roughly fits in. The only major change I made after learning about it was swapping butter for olive oil.

@Katmary71 thank you! yes I definitely will :)
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sundays
    8/27 - 201.0
    9/3 - 203.4
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,150 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    My intro: I have 3 children in their 20s – oldest is my son, Marcus (granddaughter Sophie), then my daughter Sydney (4 months pregnant with baby Oliver), and my youngest daughter Hunter (grandson Byron).

I should be a single empty nester, but my middle daughter just got out of an abusive relationship, so she is staying with me until she gets back on her feet. I have an American Blue rabbit (her name is Kismet). I love to rubber stamp (I’m a Stampin’ Up demo) and make cards. I'm an active member of my church (Board member), and also love horror movies. I have worked in Community Development at my County for over 18 years. I have 50 pounds I’d like to lose. I’ve been in this group for quite a while now (around 2 years) and I appreciate all the friendships I’ve developed. I have to admit I may not be as upbeat as most of you right now. I’m going through a pretty intense depression right now…to the point that I may go back on meds. I know it’s irrational, but every time I see a thin person, the same thought goes through my head. I just want to ask them how does it feel to be thin? And I recognize how dumb it is…when I was 20, I was 115 lbs. I loved it. I know how it feels. So why do I keep shoving food in my face? I’m so sorry…these are discussions for my therapist…but he’s mentioned these issues are not his forte, so I probably need to have him refer me to someone else.

Creating cards is one way that I keep my hands busy and snack-free. If you’d like me to send you a random card, just send me a friend request. After I accept the friend request, then we can private message so I can get your name and mailing address. (Permission previously received for this.) To my other peeps on here that have already allowed me to send cards to, thank you and I hope everyone received their peach cards. September is National Breakfast Month (U.S). Let me know if you want a breakfast themed card – I actually have breakfast themed stamps! To the people I've sent cards to in the past, no need to ask - you're already on the breakfast card list :smiley:

30 Day Junk Food Challenge – pretty sucky. Not gonna lie. But I’m not quitting.

2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
This discussion has been closed.