Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie Congrats on your weigh in!

@19shmoo69 I'm sorry your leaving. I hope everything is alright.

@Neon_Ninja That's cool you work on a farm. I bet you get a good work out muck out those stalls.

@Katmary71 Oh No, bladder infection is horrible and painful. I hope you can get some relief. I hope your cats haven't held a grudge about being locked up.

Good Morning Everyone!

Been sick these past few days so no workouts but today I plan to get back at it. Still hate exercising but I just do it. Hoping I'll learn to like it.

Hope you all have a great day.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    The day went pretty swell--altho a mare got a minor cut from a fencing panel--the 2 new folks (who were volunteers) never showed up, lol. Ah, well. Hope they do well wherever they go and find something they like to do.

@865jessica : Hope you feel better soon!

@Katmary71 : Ugh, hopefully the bladder infx is easing up some. Nobody's got time for that! Especially drinking all that cranberry juice--you're a strong woman!

@FushiaKat : Wow! That game looks intense! So intricate!

@vegan4lyfe2012 : Here's Greta just relaxing in her hay bowl! nl0nv3e7g654.jpg
    The farm has about 20-some goats of all ages and sizes. I didn't know much about them until I started working there. They all have different personalities!

About the person(s) leaving, no I don't think it's weird. I wasn't even here last month and I'm sorry to see him go. If you've been on the team with him/her and dialogued, those feelings and emotions are really justified. Also, you have 2 cutie-pies there! How old are they?

Tried to send a friend request, but I keep getting an error code. If I can't do it tomorrow, will check with MFP tech.

Have a good night all! Keep rockin'!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja Oh I hope you show photos of the farm! It's crazy I know at the food bank farm I don't realize how much I know and have learned volunteering there the last few years but I'm put in charge of people often. Good luck with the orientees.

@trooworld You got half of your food prep done, wtg! I love both scones and English muffins, yum.

@865jessica Thank you! I hope you learn to like exercise too, you'll have to do some experimenting to see if there's something you like more than you're currently doing.

@KMD1214 No problem, you're always welcome to come back if you'd like, good luck and best wishes!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Another huge hug for you, I'm sad you're on the verge of tears and impressed you're still going to work. I love that about you, I feel the same you can't bail on me after I've grown close to you, WTH!? I absolutely adore that photo of you, the babies are so beautiful! Your smile and the light in your eyes is the best with them, I know even depressed they're bringing you so much love and joy.

@FushiaKat I'm so glad you're doing better on getting back on track. Oh no don't talk about Christmas and treats yet! Congratulations on first place with the Sandcastle building, I thought you were struggling with it and you're a winner again!

Hi friends! Had a tough night sleeping so I gave up, worked out, then returned seeds to the farm and stuck around to separate garlic cloves for an hour. I'm going to do an hour of seeding Friday and hopefully that will go well. I brought my Zero gravity chair inside because it's hurting to sit on the couch and there's already a cat in it so I'm on the couch and he's on my chair. Figures right? I ordered a mystery pack of seeds from Mary's Heirloom Seeds and got 17 seed packs and they're really good ones too, only bad part is the physicality of having a big garden. That was exciting though, made my day and has my imagination going! I'm off to water then start a new book, have a great night and an awesome Wednesday!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 glad you’re sticking around!

I know I’ve had terrible commitment since I joined. I so appreciate everyone here giving me a safe place to land.

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes. I’ve got a couple days of treatment and responding quite well so far. First day of school tomorrow so that will
    Be fun. The school is still a construction zone and honestly a disaster. Double fun. Plus - hottest heat wave of the summer!!! Triple fun. I need a good sleep lol!

Talk to you all tomorrow! Night dudes!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    bpxnskam3f0n.jpeg

Dang Tuesday got me again!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 glad you’re sticking around!

@AmbersWay - Congratulations on fitting into those clothes! WooHOO!
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - Congrats on getting into those 2 sets. What an awesome feeling.

@Neon_Ninja - Cute little goat pic, it kind of looks like she is smiling.

@FushiaKat - Congrats on your sandcastle building contest. It looks awesome.

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @865jessica I hope you feel better soon.

@KMD1214 I'm sorry you feel that way. I wish you the best! <3

@vegan4lyfe2012 Oh bummer, I'm sorry. I understand! I'm glad you sell your cards somewhere. Avocado toast themed please! :D I'm sorry about the depression...I hope it passes soon. I am starting to feel it creep in on me, too. I feel the same way about people leaving our team. No you aren't weird. I feel the same. I love the pic of you with the babies! So cute. HUGS.

@FushiaKat Congrats on your Sandcastle win!

@Neon_Ninja That's too bad they didn't show up. Cute goat!

@Katmary71 Thank you! That's cool you got mystery seeds. I'm glad it made your day.

@19shmoo69 <3<3<3 I'm glad you are staying. Feel free to interact as little or as much as you want.

@sleepygirl79 Oh yes!

@AmbersWay How inspiring! That's very cool.

Okay folks. This is an actual picture of me driving the struggle bus lol. I'm struggling in so many ways. Yesterday was kind of bad, depression and anxiety creeped in for absolutely no reason at all. I'm sleeping poorly and eating poorly. I need to readjust and keep going. By the way, my soup for breakfast was really good.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

ns9seg3mr9ju.png

I’m right there with you.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @FushiaKat – There you go, kicking butt again! Love the building contest :) That DOES look hard – very labor intensive. About how long did it take for you to build it?
    @Neon_Ninja – Sorry your extra help flaked out on you. But that look on Greta’s face makes it all worth it! What a cutie-pie! My little Bubba Burrito Byron is 3 months old in a couple days. My little Sophie-Bear is just over 4 ½ months. They are the bee’s knees. My son is a Navy recruiter, so he’s stationed 2.5 hours away from me so I get to see them 2 to 3 times a month. I get to see Byron several times a week since they are just 30 minutes away. Whenever I’m sad, I call up my daughter and tell her I need some Little Man time. He definitely helps my dopamine. And thank you for letting me know that I’m not the only one that feels connected on here. I accepted your friend request. Sending you a PM to see if you would like a card sent. Love your cute little Nell and doesn’t it make us feel so loved when our pets choose us?!?
    @Katmary71 – Thank you for my hug again…keep ‘em comin’! These are the times that my personality is helpful…I’m a “suck it up and deal with it” kind of person. My boss is counting on me. There’s only 4 full timers in my department and we each have our own duties. When I’m not there, my work piles up…no one else can do it. Job security for sure. And yes, my grands really DO bring me so much joy :) Sorry about your troubled night. Must’ve been something cosmic…I couldn’t fall asleep until around 3:30am. Back was screaming at me horribly. Sydney couldn’t sleep, either, but we can just blame little Oliver for that. Good thing you have that new zero gravity chair cuz ya sure ain’t getting the chair back any time soon!
    @19shmoo69 – We’re here to support you. Prayers.
    @sleepygirl79 – EXACTLY
    @AmbersWay – That is AWESOME! And I love that you had rewarded yourself with loungewear. That’s something I never would’ve thought about. Fancy!
    @trooworld – Avocado Toast it is! It’s a really fun, punny set and I love using it. I know it will make you chuckle :) Hugs to you. Hopefully we can break free from our mind chains soon. And thank you for being YOU!
    @gemwolf110 – Hugs!
    I’m working from home today…watching and listening to the pouring rain. So much better than the 90+ degrees we’ve been having here. I’m meeting up with Bubba Burrito and Hunter for dinner. We haven’t been to Aladdin’s in a couple months. Mediterranean at its finest! I’ll get my usual – falafel, tabbouleh, and hummus. Oh and they make the most PERFECT jasmine iced tea. Yum!
    I was able to get into the craft room yesterday after work. Haven’t started on the breakfast cards yet (I will soon, tho), but got a lot accomplished… 8 Glow-in-the-Dark Halloween cards, 3 belated Birthday cards, 1 belated Baptism card and 1 wedding shower card. My depression had kept me out of the craft room for about 3 weeks, so I felt really bad about the Birthdays and Baptism. Still have one more Baptism and then I’m all caught up (as far as I know). Thanks for reading my ramble, if you made it this far.
    I hope everyone has a wonderful Wednesday!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @gemwolf110 and @trooworld i definitely understand that feeling, I hope it passes quickly!

@Neon_Ninja she's adorable! glad she's found her home and family with you

@vegan4lyfe2012 I'm so jealous of your dinner! We have no good mediterranean restaurants here. Tabbouleh is one of my favourites. Actually, we're doing roast chicken with pita and tzatziki tomorrow and I might just have to make some tabbouleh now too!

This is a bit random but it's gloomy and miserable here today, so thought I would share a photo of nicer weather of where I call home! (I didn't take the photo - it's a stock image, I've yet to wander up to the lookout where it was taken from as there's a dirt road that requires a 4wd - which means talking my partner into driving 😅)
    We live amongst a few ancient volcanic mountains, and a whole bunch of farmland. About 10 minutes in the opposite direction (east) is the pacific ocean.

g5xuo8k5jl5w.jpg

We actually live at the base of the furthest to the right, which is a quick 40 minute hike up and down. One of my goals is to be able to run the trail! (or most of it, where it's safe to run).

Also - for anyone who is like me whose entire Australian knowledge came from Rescuers Down Under, some parts of Australia, like where I'm at, are really green!

Anyone else feel like they live in a spectacular part of the world? Let's see your view!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 I'm glad you did and decided to stick around, our group wouldn't be the same with you gone. Do what feels right for you.

@megnolia82 I'm so glad treatment is going well, that's great news. Sounds like the school will be a challenge, definitely take some ice water with you!

@sleepygirl79 So true!

@AmbersWay Woot woot rock those beautiful pjs, congrats! Very impressive especially with the stress you've been under.

@trooworld I'm glad you enjoyed your soup! I'm sorry to hear about you struggling, you're one strong woman and I agree at readjusting and keeping up fighting for good habits. Could you spend a day this weekend doing things for self-care like going to a coffee shop and reading and going for a walk by the beach or at the zoo? Maybe expressing it through art would help?

@Neon_Ninja Oh no that headache just might be because of the coffee. Nell is beautiful! I'm so glad she decided to come back home with you, that's a touching story and shows how much you love her to have thought of letting her go. I think she was imagining not being on that comfy couch (jk!)!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That dinner sounds delicious, hope you all have fun tonight! Nice job on the cards, I think it's great and a step in the right direction that you made cards.

@steffibabiie Wow that photo is so beautiful! That would be an amazing area to hike.

@maggybd You're so close, fingers and toes crossed for you!

Hi friends! Having a medication issue that will hopefully be straightened out tomorrow but walking is real hard today so I haven't done much and changed from one pair of pjs to another after a shower. I'm nauseous and dying for a box of Saltines but don't have any and am doing the no gluten so it's not happening (there ARE pros to having trouble walking right?). Let's have an awesome Thursday!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay wow! Congratulations on an amazing NSV!

I had a pretty productive day at work yesterday. Hot but the AC in my room is working. What a relief!

My kids had a good first day at school. Both liked their teachers and happy with classmates.

We had a storm overnight and are now without power. I’m on a well so that means no running water either. My morning ritual is tea and shower so we’ll see how that goes lol. Wish me luck! At least I made the kids lunches last night!

Have a great day everyone.

Meg

This discussion has been closed.