Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - the best one was the coffee vacation!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Is that Costa Rica? It has to be, right? COFFEE!

@865jessica Thank you! I liked most of what they picked out, and I purchased some things. I'm excited to try some new stuff! CONGRATS on your loss, that must feel good to have a nice loss! I hope you feel better soon, sorry you are sick.

@megnolia82 That sounds fun to make tomato stuff. I hope it goes well!

@digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@Cornanda I do good and then I do bad lol. Thank you!

@Katmary71 I had a great time at the Y. I always feel much more flexible when I go to that class. I had a great time at Macy's, I put my experience on the other discussion we have with the other folks. I hope you have fun at your Dad's birthday! And I hope the tea helps. HUGS.

@DrewsAnna Progress! That's good to get organized.

Hi all. I did go to Macy's yesterday and had a lot of fun. I got some outfits and got a good deal. I also ordered (from 3 different websites) 3 pairs of new shoes: I have a bunion and my podiatrist has me wearing these wide toe box tennis shoes all the time, even with dress pants and I hate it. I look so unstylish. I was looking all over and all the shoes made for bunions are either matronly or unfashionable or both. I finally found some shoes that aren't too bad. It was expensive but I need my fashionable shoes lol. I hope they don't hurt my bunion. I'm going to the zoo today before it gets too hot. It's always good exercise as there are lots of hills and the San Diego Zoo is huge.

Darren (@19shmoo69) is onto something: I am going to post a pic of my ideal vacation spot. I haven't been here but would love to. How about you? Show me pics of your ideal vacation spot! This is Italy, in case you couldn't tell...

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

5qhqc0w3qn3z.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    19Shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 274
    C. W. 281
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    To be honest I don't know the location of the coffee cherries "beans". But yes coffee. Coffee is a vacation in itself. Lol
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.4
    Sept. 3: 221.6
    Sept. 10: 222.0 (+ 0.4)

Boo for me!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

x8k3ayqe29co.png
    k1pmst7t7nne.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    km3909cw8ucv.png

By Pounds
    9jiy87n3nlzs.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    3l25grwupgcg.png
    lgf9v5y5lkgg.png

By Pounds
    x0zvl5twigvh.png

Team Winners
    xw6dm5685dbm.png
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    Megnolia82 Sunday weigh in sept 10

SW: 228
    PW: 215.6
    CW: 214.0
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Way to go Slims--on the amazing results for Week 1!

Did a 5 mile hike this morning with the dog and husband. Then came home and promptly took a nap, lol. It's been a quiet semi-rainy Sunday, hope yours is going well.

@micaroo4 : Way to turn it around, Mica! Love me some Chai, tho--it would be hard not to partake.

@DrewsAnna : Nice job on getting out the clutter and getting organized. I cleaned out the spice rack a few months ago and found 3 bottles of thyme. The weird thing is neither of us remember buying or cooking anything with thyme. :D

@19shmoo69 : Totally approve of your vacation spot--have a cup of joe on me: ehjzampbn0tu.jpg

@Katmary71 : Hope the healing continues. Had a big laugh about the MJ tea and flashbacks to university days, lol. Happy birthday to your Dad and enjoy your time with him!

@Cornanda : We could be twinsies, I'm not doing so well on the challenge either, but here's to another day!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna I think organizing your kitchen is a great idea, it makes cooking and shopping so much more time efficient and fun.

@micaroo4 Oh yum I think having a better quality version of something you love every once and awhile is worth it and more satisfying. I'm glad it was something you enjoyed! I did that with pumpkin spice latte/cold brews last week, yum.

@trooworld Hahaha I have a bad bunion too, I had to laugh at your shoe talk because I get it. San Diego zoo can be really exhausting, I went there right after my pelvic nerves were burned and was so exhausted! It IS great exercise though!

Go Mission Slimpossibles, second place for percentage and lbs this week, woot woot!

@steffibabiie @megnolia82 @865jessica Way to go top team winners!

I got four hours of sleep in a row, yay! I have a little relief from the steroids thank goodness. Getting the cans out for tomorrow morning wore me out but still it's promising even to feel 1% better. I did some stretching this morning then did some massage on my feet which hurt but felt good as they've been locked clenched under most the time. My Dad's 81 today, my Mom went out of town the week of his birthday with her friends and sisters so my brother's family and I are having his birthday dinner and cake (she told him she didn't care if he went out without her which probably hurt his feelings but kids, grandkids, and grandpets will cheer him up). I feel kind of bad for him, she's been ditching him a lot. I'd better get the garden squared away, I'm harvesting a bunch of rosemary and mint to make some hair products with and still need to finish the mint. Have a great Sunday night and here we come Monday, all of us getting back to it grab hands and virtually run into the ocean waves tomorrow!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you!
    Woohoo! I needed a boost this morning. Yesterday was a bit of a mess, and the scale shows it. I didn't stick to my 8 hour window and had some poor food choices. For the most part they weren't even enjoyable poor choices, more or less just made out of convenience. BUT I did end doing my roast chicken with tzatziki and tabbouleh for dinner so I have my recipe!

@vegan4lyfe2012 @Neon_Ninja
    Quinoa Tabbouleh
    This makes enough for 1 person (more or less, depending on how much you eat), just multiply by as many people as you need to feed x
    • 30g quinoa (uncooked weight)
    • 50g roma tomato, chopped
    • 10g fresh parsley, finely chopped (more or less to your preference)
    • 1tsp fresh lemon juice
    • 1tsp extra virgin olive oil
    • salt to taste

Cook the quinoa in water with a tiny sprinkle of salt, and allow to cool before mixing with all other ingredients. Can be prepared early and stored in the fridge if needed. Also with the parsley, I chop the whole sprig, stems and all. If you're doing just the leaves, I would likely reduce the weight by around half.

@19shmoo69 here's my dream vacation spot! You can definitely have a coffee while you enjoy the view 😊
    kvt65ht0pi4i.jpg
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 169
    CW: 172
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    WI Sunday

PW 194 I believe
    CW 195

SW 220.2

My past month has caught up with me. I’m doing much better this week with getting back on track so I’m hopeful to see a drop next week.

• DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I didn't do anything I said I was going to do today except for getting back on track. I ate all 3 of my golo my meals and hubby and I watched football all day. Gotta love the "Redzone", you don't miss a play.

Lol, I don't know what made me think I could get things accomplished in the kitchen where I can't see the t.v. 😅😅 Oh well, tomorrow is a brand new day. Gotta make my bagels, make some tomato sauce for canning and clean out the pantry. I did make up 5 days of some pumpkin spice overnight oats and those are gonna be good 😋

Alright, y'all, I'm going to finish my evening tea. Y'all have a great evening.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay - I'm avoiding all added sugar, in any form. I am eating fruit to satisfy sweet cravings.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Name - bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 260
    CW - 260

We took a last minute trip to the Smokey Mountains. So I may have been a lil excited and distracted on Friday lol
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for pulling down 2nd place by both percentage and pounds! Woo hoo! And a special shout out goes to @steffibabiie @megnolia82 @865jessica for making it onto the leaderboard! Way to go!

@DebJB30 @megnolia82 Congrats on the losses!

@19shmoo69 Agreed! :D

@Neon_Ninja Great job with the hike! I think you deserved that nap. :)

@Katmary71 Yeah, when you know you know lol. Yes, the zoo is very exhausting and then add the hot weather right now and it's a lot! But we had fun. Is 4 hours of sleep good for you? I hope you get more than that! Aww, your poor dad! I hope he had fun anyway.

@steffibabiie Beautiful spot. Is that Tahiti?

@19shmoo69 Wow! Good to know. I don't want extreme pain lol. I'm sorry you guys had to go through that.

@DrewsAnna Way to go, getting back on track! Today is a new day.

@AmbersWay Thank you! You take for granted your foot comfort until you have pain. I can't wait to try them on! I'll be thinking of you today for your MRI. 5 hours is a long time! Your poor hubby. :( Yes, good health is the most important thing. HUGS.

Hi all. It was so hot here yesterday but we went to the zoo anyway. It wasn't too bad in the morning when we went, thankfully, but the weather did put a damper on any other things I wanted to do. Back to work today, not looking forward to it. I want to just enjoy a day off! Soon enough, I'm taking time off in a few weeks. Have a great day!

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 - Oh man, I've seen video of people doing the one chip challenge and it looks painful.

@bethanie0825 - I live close to the Smokey Mountains. I hope you enjoy your trip.

@AmbersWay - I hope your scan comes back clean. How horrible that you got stuck in the MRI machine. I sorry that happened to you. Do they offer you any medicine to relax and stay calm?

@Katmary71- That is cool you make your own hair products. I love mint. I'm sorry about your Mom ditching your Dad on his birthday.

Been a busy weekend with birthday parties and cookouts but back to normal today. Staying on track with calorie count and carb numbers. Not so good with protein but going to start paying more attention to it today. Tomorrow I have to be on a clear liquid diet as prep for my Endoscope and Colonoscope Wednesday. Not looking for to it but going to be a big girl and just do what needs to be done.

Hope everyone has a good start to their week.
This discussion has been closed.