Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - SEPTEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat As two of the cat lovers of the group I say we add some kitty pics! I will in the next couple of days.

@megnolia82 That's exciting having the whole family eating healthy together. I think it will be a lot easier for all of you doing it as a family event.

@trooworld Awesome job logging! That's such a fun skirt! Looks like one you have to dance in!

@Neon_Ninja You're getting all the family visits done at once, I hope they go well!

Hi team! Been a bit out of it today, just worn out. I did work out and catch up on some stuff, next up is watering the garden, taking a shower, then planning on the greenhouse in the morning for a bit. Have a great Thursday!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    @trooworld love the skirt! It's so fun and happy!

@neon_ninja one of the best things I ever did for my mental health was move to other side of the world from my family. It's funny, our relationship is better than ever now! Good luck with the family visits 🧡

@Katmary71 make sure to take some time for yourself too!

I finally got my fitness area finished up yesterday (because my partner finally agreed to help with hanging the mirror). So in love with the space - which is good because I plan to be spending a lot of time there!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Wednesday
    PW 156.2
    CW 155.6

Lol, I almost forgot my check in again.

@Katmary71 the bagels are a "golo" recipe, but they are made with yogurt.

So, I made my bagels and I got sidetracked while making them and added an extra ingredient that wasn't supposed to be in the bagels. I realized what I had done after it was to late to do anything about it. They wound up on the garbage. I was so bummed out... Lol, tomorrow I'll make more after I go to the grocery store. 😅 😂😂

Y'all have a great evening!!

• Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @865jessica : That stinks! I'm glad she gave you her e-mail, though, it was good of her to follow-thru on her clients. Hope it works out for you.

@steffibabiie : Good news about your fitness area!

@Katmary71 : Have fun in the greenhouse!

Does anyone follow "Runs For Cookies"? She's a blogger who has gone through the weight loss journey. She had a good blog yesterday on maintenance and sweets cravings. It made a lot of sense to me--she said the more sweets she eats the more she craves (I was saying "Yes!" at this point. It takes about 4 days for cravings to go away. There's a lot more. Here's the link: https://runsforcookies.com/2023/09/a-lesson-in-weight-maintenance.html

@micaroo4 : Found this too, it's Oatmeal Chai. Haven't tried it yet but it sounds good and can probably be changed according to dietary needs. From Eating Well: https://eatingwell.com/recipe/8065412/chai-spiced-oatmeal/?hid=4038f5dd748cdcd94b05f14d4342012653520fa7&did=10090423-20230914&utm_campaign=healthier-you_newsletter&utm_source=etg&utm_medium=email&utm_content=091423&lctg=4038f5dd748cdcd94b05f14d4342012653520fa7
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody!!!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @steffibabiie Fun I'm glad your fitness area is ready to go!

@DrewsAnna Oh no I'm sorry to hear about the bagels!

@865jessica Oh no I'm so sorry to hear that about your program, shoot! That's frustrating, I'm glad she'll stay in touch but I get your disappointment.

@Neon_Ninja That's my experience too with sweets and simple carbs, I'll check out the link thanks. The oatmeal sounds so good!

Hi friends! Workout done early, went to the greenhouse and the manager forgot to put the seed mix on the table for me so I thinned seedlings for an hour and went to Trader Joe's then came home. I offered to go back tomorrow if he puts it on the table for me. Having a real bad pain day so I'm getting in the tub early. Have a great Thursday night and awesome Friday, this week flew!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @trooworld oh my gosh, that skirt is too cute!

@Neon_Ninja, @Katmary71 thank you :) now if the list of things to avoid is shorter than expected I think we’ll almost be disappointed since we’ve mentally prepared for a big lifestyle change. I don’t think it will hurt to go overboard but we’ll see what they actually tell us.

@865jessica oh no! What a huge let down :( I’m so sorry you’ve lost your support, that’s such a crappy scenario.

@steffibabiie so cool! What equipment do you have in your fitness space?

So I’ve kept really strictly on track this whole week - up until yesterday. Which wasn’t a huge blow out but it did end in quite a lot of sweet and salty popcorn. I deviated - I had a bowl of oatmeal for breakfast and I found myself hungrier all day than I have been for the past couple weeks. I had two helpings of supper.
    Up to yesterday I’ve been eating a couple tomatoes for breakfast, which I know is not super nutritionally sound but I tolerated it so well with my medication.

I don’t really understand why a more filling breakfast sets me up to eat more throughout the day but it’s always the case. If I skip breakfast I’m rarely hungry for the next few hours. If I eat something, especially something big like a bagel, I’m starving by 10am.

Anyway, I’m determined not to let one day of old habits set me back on a bad pathway.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Quick question for Americans here:

I’m planning to pop into Michigan to look for an anti-nauseant that’s unavailable in Canada. It’s a couple hours drive so I’m hoping someone might know if it’s still generally available in the US: Bonine aka Meclizine.

I’m the past I’ve found it in Target or Walmart pharmacies. Just curious if anyone knows off the top of their head if it’s still available :)

Thanks!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 I can't speak for Michigan but I looked at Walmart app for my area and it's available over the counter. Hope that helps
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @865jessica - that is awful. Weight is such a huge health issue, yet resources to deal with it are few and far between.

@19shmoo69 - Good Morning! Just finished my coffee (1st cup)

@Katmary71 - I'm sorry you keep having bad pain days. Sending you a Hug.

@megnolia82 - I have to be careful with carbs because they do things to my blood sugar and make me hungry. I don't test my blood sugar, but I know when it drops because I get symptoms. Maybe that's what's happening when you have a more filling breakfast? I throw some protein powder in my oatmeal and it helps. I think that meclizine is available- hubs uses it for vertigo, but haven't bought any for awhile. Could you go on line to one of the stores and see if they have it in stock before you drive all that way?

I am not doing well and I'm disgusted with myself- see weigh in below. How many wake up calls does a person need before she gets her act together? How long have I been trying to get my act together. MONTHS! I wanted my weight back under 170 and now I'm closing in on 180. I've gone from almost 25 pounds lost to about 12. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!

:(

Lisa

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 175.9
    CW: 178.5

Weight held steady all week until an upwoosh after celebrating DD's bday last night. Still not happy about this.
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    edited September 2023
    Options
    @megnolia82

I get that way if I have a lot of simple carbs at breakfast. I try and keep it either high fibre, or low carb. But I also eat a really late breakfast to stick with my fasting window, so there isn't too much time for me to get super hungry between breakfast and lunch.

I don't really have much in my workout space, just a yoga mat and a convertible bench/seat/step (I posted a photo a few days ago, but here's a link showing what it can do: https://www.instagram.com/reel/Ctnv-p8sJiZ/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA== ) That's the ad that sold me on it, but i found the same thing on ebay for about half their price. Because it's in my office, I wanted to easily tuck everything away. I also have a few dumbbells and resistance bands that get tucked away in the cupboards.

d622u8kf832d.jpg
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh-in day: Friday
    PW: 228.2
    CW: 229.0

+0.8 lbs
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja Congrats on the loss! Family is usually stressful, good luck with those visits! Thanks, that skirt makes me smile, too. I feel so happy when I wear it! I think maybe I read a blog from that site before but I forgot about it. Thanks for that blog link, I will check it out, it sounds interesting.

@19shmoo69 :D LOL and GOOD MORNING!

@Katmary71 Thank you! You are right, except I'd probably trip and fall if I danced in it lol. I hope you are feeling better today.

@steffibabiie Thank you! I agree! Awesome that you have that space. I'm glad you got it ready!

@DrewsAnna Oh no! I'm sorry about your bagels. Was it because it was not a "golo approved" ingredient or would it have ruined the bagels? Congrats on the loss!

@865jessica OH bummer! I'm so sorry, Jessica. Can you find another person to check in with? Hugs.

@megnolia82 Thank you! I would wear it every day if I could lol. That's weird about your breakfast, I wonder why that was. I can understand being hungry if you just eat carbs for breakfast but why do tomatoes keep you from being hungry? Interesting. You got this.

@Cornanda I feel the same way sometimes. In my case, if I am super careful and diligent with my habits, I MAY have a loss that week. But if I don't track or if I have a couple of bad meals, I am done for. It's frustrating. HUGS.

Hi all. Someone brought pies in for their birthday yesterday. I did not have to have any but did I? YES. That's not my only mistake this week. But I am paying for it. Here's to a better week this next week. Tonight, I am going to happy hour with my sister-in-law. It should be fun.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    @megnolia82 - add more fat, fiber and protein to your breakfast so that it digests slowly. On your oatmeal, add a handful of nuts and a tablespoon or 2 of ground flaxseed and/or chia.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Friday
    PW: 205.0
    CW: 205.0
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Good morning, everyone! Busy next few days for me...after work today it's Vindication episode 4 at my daughter's, then tomorrow I have an online stamping event from 9am to 1pm, then run to the farm store to find hedge trimmers for son's Bday present, then take my mom down to see him for Birthday dinner. It's going to be a super long day. Then Sunday after church we are finally getting around to watching The Nun II. I read it was a little boring, but hey...we watched (and I own) all the others in the Conjuring Universe, so gotta keep going! I will try to make a conscious effort with my food choices. Hugs!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 244
    CW: 244
This discussion has been closed.