Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 Thank you, hopefully, I can keep it up! I'm sorry about the dark cloud, I hope it passes soon. Looks like you did pretty well so far this week. Ouch about your leg! HUGS.

@DebJB30 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 Thanks! Allergies were better yesterday. I'm glad you sound like you are doing better.

Hi all. We had a fantastic time at the zoo yesterday, better than any other time we've gone (we are members so go more than the average visitor). We went at 8:15 am before the zoo opened to the general public and all the animals were out being interactive with each other. We even saw this cool aardvark walking around with its handler! I didn't eat so healthily yesterday but today's a new day and I'm ready to be on point.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

6nhd7d7maif8.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

29zgwh7l6iq7.png
    9q15jvs2ca7f.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6f517wbc196p.png

By Pounds
    ypaj890rzcwh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ncymmf8bxtj3.png
    k8hrohk3wcae.png

By Pounds
    zk40ee0sjxkd.png

Team Winners
    5c4xoo2h31az.png
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    So I did indeed go to ribfest And I had my funnel cake. Lol. My thoughts were were simple. I may be changing my eating habits but every now and again you need to treat yourself or you may just end up in a backslide. It was a lot of fun with lots of vendors. We actually went at a good time cuz about an hour or so after we got home it began to rain. Do the states have ribfest?
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Wow that sounds like a great zoo visit, how fun! Artie the Aardvark is pretty adorable!

Congratulations team on being 3rd place down in pounds!

@19shmoo69 @DJill68 @sleepygirl79 Congratulations team winners!

@tammymccrady6278 I’m glad you still went and had fun at the ribfest. I agree with you about having treats every once and awhile being worth it. I know of a few rib festivals or celebrations around here, Tahoe has a big one with private invitations and the county above me has some sort of rib competition at the fairgrounds. My brother used to compete in BBQ comps with ribs but hasn’t in awhile.

Hi friends! I was at my parent’s for dinner last night then came home and had a tough time with heartburn last night, it’s from my Naprosyn so I ate something and it improved then would come back an hour later which pretty much was my night, I took a teaspoon of baking soda in water and probably fell asleep around 5AM this morning. I think I’m going to skip it tonight, my body’s off from steroids and being on antibiotics. Got a good workout in, I’m being more careful about protecting my neck now that I know what’s going on with it.
    Have a great Tuesday!
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 177 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi Everyone! About midway through my vacation. It’s so pretty here. u83q1qij14ct.jpeg
    liyq8p2fj4ex.jpeg
    sb30w54ezfwl.jpeg
    We are in Wisconsin Dells so lots of swimming and walking. Also lots of take out. Fortunately not too much snacking. Though I’m trying to track the best I can I’m still pretty over my calories. We’ve got a kitchenette for the next couple days so hoping to save money (and calories) by buying some stuff. I used the hotel fitness room the first night as we were just sitting around and I was bored from the loooong drive.
    @tammymccrady6278 mind if I ask where you are from? My hometown was also having a rib fest this past weekend and sounds like weather was similar. Just wondering if you are near by or coincidence.

Hope you are all enjoying what’s left of summer. I’m sad it’s mid August already. Take care all!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    This is a photo of Rich and his new-found first cousin Cynthia. jlhsg3i7o4tv.jpg

I see a lot of family resemblance. Unfortunately not just in their appearance: they both suffer from asthma and they both struggle with diabetes (although neither one fits the profile for diabetes)

We got a lot of information from Cindy's mom, and we should be able to find other first cousins. Both Cindy and Rich are delighted to have found each other.
  • trooworld
    Options
    Congrats to the whole team for achieving 3rd place by pounds! A special shout-out goes to @19shmoo69 @DJill68 @sleepygirl79 for leading the way! Congrats on making it onto the leaderboard.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm glad you had fun and enjoyed ribest and the funnel cake. We don't have ribfest here in San Diego, CA, I don't know about anywhere else. I wish!!!

@Katmary71 It was! Oh gosh, sorry about the heartburn. That's miserable. Congrats on a good workout, have a great day!

@sleepygirl79 Wow, so green and pretty! I'm glad you are having a nice time. Although I love summer, I'm really looking forward to my favorite season (Fall).

@micaroo4 Oh my gosh, that is so cool.

Hi all. I was all set to have a great day yesterday, I would have been under my calorie goal by about 200. When I got home (starving) my husband, who had been off work since 10:30 am, did not have dinner made (it was his turn to cook dinner). He didn't say he wasn't going to cook but just laid on the couch for an hour. I ate some melon to help with the hunger but then he said he didn't feel like cooking, could we order delivery? I was so mad. I'm trying so hard to eat healthily and then he pulls that. I just said, you can order delivery and I'll eat the spaghetti from last night, I'm trying to get healthy. That must have hit a nerve because he said nevermind, he'll eat a snack. Well, the spaghetti put me over my calorie goal by 98 cals, not too bad but disappointing. It is my pet peeve when he changes the menu last minute after I've pretracked my day.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 – I’m letting the animals free-roam, but my bedroom and craft room doors stay shut to give me a couple areas with less dander. What a mess with your doctors not all being on the same page. Beyond frustrating. Arguments over salsa?!? That’s so sad! Glad you got your zero gravity chair. It will be nice relaxing outside on it.
    @maggybd – Are you ok with eating repeats? Some people (like my son-in-law) can eat the same thing over and over and not care. I couldn’t do it.
    @trooworld – Don’t float away with all that water and nice job dropping a decade! Woot Woot! Happy (belated) Anniversary! What a cute aardvark :) Sorry about your husband sabotaging you. But you made a great choice for yourself and stuck to not getting take-out. Pat on the back for that cuz it would’ve been so easy to just get something delivered.
    @Cornanda – Thank you for the prayers. And that quote. I needed the reminder.
    @AmbersWay – I hear you about being mentally and physically exhausted. You’re in my prayers, too.
    @micaroo4 – Six Degrees of Separation! How cool!
    @txcritter69 – Ouch! Your poor leg :(
    Things have been crazy busy for me. Highly stressful with the kids, but at least Hunter and Marcus are on good terms again after a yelling fight. It was kinda cute. Hunter texted Marcus and said, “Please tell Sophie I’m sorry I upset her.” And he replied, “Please tell Byron I’m sorry I upset him.” Roundabout way to apologize, but it still happened. Now I have the added stress of Sydney being at my house (I just wanted to be an empty-nester, is that so wrong?) She is understandably upset about being pregnant and leaving her boyfriend, but dang. There’s just so much negativity I can take. She doesn’t WANT to be happy. She WANTS to think she’s a burden. When I told her to come home, I had said for 2 or 3 months while she saves money and gets an apartment. I asked her last night what her timeline looked like and she said probably a month or so after baby is born. Y’all…that’s not until FEBRUARY. I’ll be working with my therapist to figure out a good way to lay down my “red line” of what I expect, which would be around October/November. If it’s not one kid, it’s another. Life is sucky right now. Trying to hold fast to my food choices as that is about all I have control over right now. Thanks for letting me vent.
    No Zero Days August Goals
    1. Log all food: Mostly
    2. Check in daily: Yes, just haven’t had time to respond
    3. No soda: I should delete this one hahahaha
    2023 Mantra: NO WISHES!
  • FushiaKat
    FushiaKat Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 33 of 52

PW: 135.8
    CW: 136.6

@Katmary71 I agree with you that Maintenace is scary because I don't want to screw it up and I'm still testing the limits of what I can eat and not gain weight. Seems like that should be a simple thing to figure out but it's not. I know that I gain 4lbs every day from morning till evening so if my weight is off by more than that when I go to bed, I adjust the next day by eating lighter and I keep doing that until I go back down to my normal levels. I weigh myself frequently, I don't trust myself to just say I don't "feel" like I've not gained weight. It's like always having to weigh and measure my food. Something must be wrong with my eyeballs because I never get that right. :)

I do hope you are feeling better I know it's been hard for you lately. My feed still is not fixed, and I sent more information this morning. It happens in a different browser too. I delete my cache and cookies throughout the day. So that's not the problem and I don't have any browser extensions installed. If they tell me, it's Spectrum, I will be highly annoyed.

Here's to another week in the green!!! 😊💕👍(❁´◡`❁)

A guy my husband knows gave him Yellow Fin Tuna and Blue Fin Tuna, I oil pouched the tuna yesterday and had it for lunch today. I do not like Blue Fin Tuna, but I loved the Yellow Fin and would eat that again.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 It’s beautiful there, very lush and green! Sounds like you’re doing great being healthy there. That would be funny if you and @tammymccrady6278 were at the same one! You two would have to meet up next year!

@micaroo4 Aw that photo is so sweet, they both look happy to have found each other. They do look alike.

@trooworld That’s tough I don’t like when I have things planned and they don’t work out either. You’re still doing great even a little over yesterday despite it throwing you. Tell your hubby to get it together or I’ll move in with you and we can share cooking and read each other’s books! The dogs and cats may not get along though!

@ That’s a good idea on keeping the animals out of a few rooms, how is it going? Huge hug to you, you are far from an empty nester now, I remember you were thinking nervously of how to redefine yourself not having the kids around. I’m guessing looking back on this time you’re going to smile at being with everyone but in the moment I know it’s hard. I’m glad you’re doing well with food choices!

@FushiaKat Hm I know other friends are having browser issues too so hopefully it’s something MFP will fix soon. If I read anything that may help I’ll let you know. You’re doing amazing with maintenance!

Hi friends! I woke up way early so did my workout then went and trimmed garlic, there’s two more crates to do and then it’s done but I listened to my body when I was tired and left. I went by the holistic pain group to buy some new pads for my micro current machine and they were kind of giving me the hard sell on things to try. I am tempted to do a full body scanner reading but would have to decide soon while it’s discounted. Something to think about. Finished some work and am off to read. Have a great Wednesday friends!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 Congrats on the loss! lol thank you! Yeah unfortunately, that crap happens all the time so I need to just do me. Yeah my norm is to just order the takeout so it was good that I found something to eat here. I'm glad your kids made up. Oh gosh, I feel your stress and I'm sorry, I hope Sydney gets an apt soon.

@Katmary71 Thank you. Unfortunately this kind of stuff happens more than I like. I'm glad I was able to pivot and make a healthy choice! LOL you are so funny but yes, I'll tell him lol. I'm glad you are listening to your body.

Hi all. I had a great day yesterday: I brought my own homemade salad dressing to work and I PRE-ORDERED a salad for lunch when I was full from breakfast so I wasn't tempted to order something else lol. My salad was pretty good. My husband had gotten off work early again yesterday so I took advantage and got off early myself to attend a water aerobics class. I made it there just in time and it was pretty good. But more importantly, I talked to a woman that went to a class that I was intimidated by and afraid to go to. She told me it wasn't too hard and I should come. So, I am going to try to go on Friday.

• UTMom81
    UTMom81 Posts: 1,381 Member
    Options
    UTMom81
    Tuesday
    Previous: 184
    Current: 183.6
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Jennifer this was on my post from yesterday and I lost your name cutting and pasting so here it is:

@vegan4lyfe2012 That’s a good idea on keeping the animals out of a few rooms, how is it going? Huge hug to you, you are far from an empty nester now, I remember you were thinking nervously of how to redefine yourself not having the kids around. I’m guessing looking back on this time you’re going to smile at being with everyone but in the moment I know it’s hard. I’m glad you’re doing well with food choices!

@trooworld That's wonderful to hear from another student that intimidating class is worth trying, I say you go for it and let us know how you do! I can see that being something that may be tough at first then after a few months you'll be one of the pros at it.

Hi team! Woke up not feeling well and did my workout, been napping a lot today. I met my friend for lunch at Panera's (got the yummy Mediterranean veggie sandwich as my favorite Autumn Harvest Soup isn't out yet). It was fun to see her so happy about where she was just hired versus being mad and upset, I hope it's a great fit for her. She wanted to hang out afterward but I'm worn out today, can't wait to get off these antibiotics. I'm leaning toward trying the scan but need to figure out the money part, the idea I have something digestive keeping me from absorbing all these stupid supplements I'm taking is pretty annoying since I don't have a lot of money so it would help solve that issue in the long run and I wouldn't be wasting money. I don't have my fall garden started yet so am going to get some seeds started tonight then get in the tub. My ex-boyfriend is back in the hospital, he's supposed to be having surgery on the tumor in his kidney soon but keeps getting blood clots, I'm real tempted to go there and help get him on track but he's so hopeful about getting back together I think it would get his hopes up.

Have a great Thursday team!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Good morning!
    Exciting things are happening for Rich thanks to 23+me. He connected with 3rd cousin Angel, who brought her friend Cynthia with her to the meeting - totally pure happenstance, Cindy turned out to be Rich's first cousin. Cynthia's father was the brother of Rich's birth mother. We never did figure out how he's related to Angel, but through Angel, he found Cindy.
    Before meeting Cindy, Rich had already discovered Sharon. 23+me listed her as a first cousin, but it turns out she is his aunt. Sharon was given up for adoption when Rich's biological grandmother was in Texas and very pregnant with Sharon. At the time Rich's birth mother was 12, and the whole family was living in the car. We don't know much more than that, as it seems most of the siblings have already died. But aunt Sharon is going to have both her children (2 more first cousins!) come to visit this weekend, so she wants to do a zoom meeting with all of them, plus Rich and Cindy.
    Rich is very excited and happy; he's like a different person. Rich's adopted family kind of ignored him after his adopted parents passed away; he was much younger than them (next oldest adopted sibling is 16 years older than Rich). So now he has family. Since Sharon was also adopted, she feels just like Rich, like she has finally found her family. Cindy's mom divorced his dad after only 7 months of marriage, and he died in 1988 - so Rich is the first family on her dad's side of the family and she is also delighted and excited to have found new family members.
    We can't find any family members on his father's side. We can identify people on 23+me who must be on his father's side because they are not on his mother's side - but none of them have a name with can connect with the known names in his father's family. So we are pretty sure that his biological mother's husband was not his biological father. So far, none of the people we identified in 23+me from his biological father's side of the family want to give us any information. Must be a lot of skeletons.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - I got you girl- My two left the nest and now they are both back for the time being. I had just grown to like the nest empty! We will get there. Thinking of you

@trooworld - Your superwoman powers now extend to refusing take out and trying hard exercise classes. Impressive!

@Katmary71 - So much going on with you. I hope that you will get some answers soon on all the different facets of your medical issues. Been thinking of you. That's too bad about your ex. I think focusing on your fall garden is just what you need right now. It will feed your soul.

@micaroo4 - that is very interesting! Keep us updated!

Well, my inspiring post about it being time to try a new approach has led to me stalled out and doing pretty much nothing this week. "I have to think about it, research it, blah, blah blah". It's really just me being frozen and having no ideas. It will be another gain. I don't really understand any of this. I did so well with maintenance for over a year and I don't feel I've changed much. I will get there, the question is when and how much will I have gained by that time. Yes, I am frustrated.

Lisa

On a cheerier note- someone decided to have a romp in the sprinkler yesterday:

9mpjlix80mce.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @UTMom81 Congrats on the loss!

@Katmary71 I want to go! I think I can make it there tomorrow night, I just have to walk the dogs before I pick up my husband and have my swimming stuff on. I hope you are feeling better today. That sandwich sounds good. I've only been to Panera once but I liked what I got (which of course, I cannot remember). I'm glad you had fun with your friend. I think it is wise to stay away from Bill.

@micaroo4 How exciting for Rich! I hope it works out.

@Cornanda Thank you! " I did so well with maintenance for over a year and I don't feel I've changed much"...are you in perimenopause or menopause? Because that will change a lot of things. Maybe your hormones are changing and you will need to shake things up a bit. OMG Gus! He's so f'ing cute. :D

Hi all. Well, after a couple of good weeks, I had a pretty crappy day yesterday. I was hungry/hangry all day and got into snacks and then ordered a sandwich and chips for lunch from the cafe (I had brought my lunch but it tasted like soap to me so I couldn't eat it. Made an impulsive order at the cafe). I ended the day 841 cals over! :( I think this all happened because I got crappy sleep the night before. It didn't help that someone brought in cookies two days in a row. But I only had 1/2 a cookie. Actually, that could have triggered this stuff, I had the 1/2 cookie on Tuesday.

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Wait just a minute. Menopause can cause halt weight loss and possible weight gain? That's must be my problem. I'm in menopause. I don't know why I didn't think of that. So what happens now?

My Phrase For Today Is: If it burps pound it on the back.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @micaroo4 That’s so exciting about Rich’s family, wow! That’s interesting about his father’s side, I wonder what the story is there. I’m glad his Mom’s side is going well. It’s pretty amazing to have new family like this and sad they didn’t get to know each other a long time ago but thank goodness they can get to know each other now.

@Cornanda LOL someone had fun in the sprinklers! I hope you get to the bottom of things soon, I know it’s so frustrating and I wish I could think of something to try. I was thinking along the same lines as @trooworld, could it be related to hormones?

@trooworld Did your lunch have cilantro? Shoot not the café! Today’s a new day, have some food on hand so you don’t get as hungry though of course the lack of sleep always makes things harder. I went over by about the same last night after I closed my diary and realized I was stuffing my feelings. Can I just say sandwich calories stink as do chips!

@19shmoo69 They do say men go through menopause too though the hormones aren’t as drastic as with women.

Happy Thursday team. We got a lot of seeds started at the greenhouse today, the manager and I met there so he could dump the potting mix in the bin and put it on the table, that seems to save a lot of the upper back and neck stress. Not much else going on, I have a bunch of seed trays ready to go outside so I’m going to do that and get in the tub. Have a great Friday!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    DrewsAnna
    Weigh in Thursday
    PW 160
    CW 162.2

Hey y'all,

I didn't make it through the 7-day workout plan. Between my hip and my back, it just wasn't happening. I'm really hoping to go for a walk tomorrow, since it's not going to be in the mid 90's again, and I think it's time I cleaned up the spare room so I can get to my treadmill. Right now it's being used for storage.

I have decided to start "golo", I have been on WW for a very long time and it just isn't working for me anymore. On golo you eat 3 balanced meals and take 1 release pill with each meal. It helps to release the insulin resistant fat cells. I went back to skinnytaste.com and printed out a menu and shopping list and I have to finish updating my shopping list.

While I was looking for my "golo" paperwork this morning I found some old, journals/food trackers. In April of 2022 I was 142 lbs. That lit a fire under my butt. I want to get back to 142 and then 130.

That's really all I've got for now.

This discussion has been closed.