Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Hm that sounds like it deserves some thought, I hope it brings you some clarity. Do you have anything fun planned for the weekend?

@trooworld WOOT WOOT she’s in the 220s! Heck yeah baby! Here’s what you said about your knee: “My knee has been feeling better...less inflammation because of eating better and taking Naproxen? Or just feeling better?” I had to go look to remember too but recalled the lower inflammation. Happy anniversary, hope you have a great celebration!

Lots of good weigh-ins or only slight gains, glad to see it! I’m doing a micro current treatment right now, I reached out to two of the practicioners from the holistic group for advice and one got back to me and told me what had worked for her stenosis. Did Walmart pickup and stopped at Safeway and stopped for fertilizer for the veggies, I’m really unsteady so I’m resting inside and not sure if I’ll go to the farm tomorrow. I did get my Zero Gravity chair, I got it into the backyard with the hand truck since I can’t lift anything and set it up by the garden.

Have a great Saturday!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Congrats to all the loses this week. Wow! I was liking posts right and left. Wohoo!

Even our gains were minimal, so hoping next week we lose too. I speak for myself.

I see some under the weather posts and you’re in my prayers.

I’m still here, barely but hanging on.
    Ive been getting good amount of steps in, not logging food and trying to get water in.

I’m very exhausted. Mentally and physically just beat.

Tomorrow the eldest 2 kids are suppose to travel back and today my son wakes up to what seems food poisoning. I was worried since he ate questionable food at a tiny hole in the wall. Here we are with pain, and all the other “fun” stuff.

If anyone can say, I can’t catch a break, it’s me. I’m thankful it’s not worse and I can manage it all. But I seriously need a vacation from this summer vacation. 😭😱

I need to reread the 40+ posts to wee if I am truly caught up. I’m trying and will check in later.
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 210.3
    CW 207.7
    Total loss to date 41.8

Wow! I am so happy this morning. I have not been this low in over 25 years! Is it sad to think that. My first thought was hey I’m going to ribfest today and having a funnel cake! Lol.
    Things have been good here and work is back to normal hrs. My last pay had 118 hrs on it. That is how crazy it has been. Not sure about the states but here in Canada the taxes they take on that is crazy.
    I had family from out of town last weekend and we had a wonderful visit and bbq. I can’t believe how fast summer has been flying by.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @bethanie0825 @davidji82 @DJill68 Congrats on the losses!

@ those who gained this week: HUGS!

@Katmary71 Thank you! Oh lol...that's what I said! Yes, either case, I'll take it! :D I hope the microcurrent treatment helps the pain, Kat. That sounds nice to sit in your zero gravity chair in the backyard/garden area. Is it for relaxing or working in the garden?

@AmbersWay I know, right? Lots of losses! Please do take care of yourself. I know you have a lot going on, but you can't take care of others if you are pooped out and ill. How's your husband?

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats! Yeah, when I get my yearly bonus, they take out about half in taxes. :( I hope you enjoy ribfest!

Hi all. Well, last night didn't go as planned. I didn't eat lunch and then I had a snack at about 3 of peanut butter-filled pretzels + 3 clementines and that gave me the worst heartburn/stomachache. I tried to soldier through at the happy hour but we ended up getting our food to go because I was just in too much pain. Then, I woke up with a huge headache this morning. :( I don't know if I will go to Aqua Zumba this morning as planned, I don't want this headache to turn into a migraine.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 congrats on the new low 🎉

@trooworld my husband is improving. He’s just so broken. Im worried he will end up needing surgery and will be starting over. The ribs are over lapping and he has to do deep breathing to open them up. I set timers to remind him. He’s in good spirits but he’s got a lot of healing to do.

I’m trying to get a good nights rest each night but the days are long. I got over 12k steps in the house today running between sick son and husband. Cooking different meals. Running to the market before thenkids possibly teavel tmrw. I’m about to shower and snooze now.

A great thing here is the neighbors. They’ve been so helpful. Today they asked if I needed groceries and I declined but mentioned I may need milk another day. A few minutes later 2 bottles on my door. I can’t be more thankful for such a community.

Well
    Off to snooze for me. My typos may hurt your eyes 😂😩
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 257 <3

Yet holding on... hopefully better next week!!

Let's go get it!! B)
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The August Week 3 Group Challenge is open and will begin on Sunday, Aug 13th. Please join me for a Virtual Scavenger Hunt. Bring your creativity!

Here's your link:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10897051/august-week-3-group-challenge-virtual-scavenger-hunt#latest

Hope to see you there each day this week!
    Jessica
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    We traveled to Bangor to visit the burial site of Rich's birth mother (he was adopted). We also had arranged to meet a woman, Angel, that he found on 23+me who was reported as a 3rd cousin. She brought a friend with her. As we were trying to figure out how Rich and Angel were related, the friend was listening intently and asking questions. In the course of the conversation we discovered that the friend was actually Rich's first cousin. Her biological father is the brother of Rich's biological mother.
    None of us had any idea. She's not on 23+me, so we never would have connected at all, except that Angel asked her to tag along when her boyfriend didn't want to come. We were all blown away. It's the most amazing coincidence! I think maybe Angel really IS an angel 😇
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @AmbersWay Great to see you, I’ve been thinking of you. I hope your son recovers fast, you definitely don’t need anyone else being sick right now! How is your husband doing? Sending love and strength your way. You DO need a vacation after this! Aw I’m glad your neighbors are so kind, that’s great!

@tammymccrady6278 Yay congratulations on the new low! Wow that’s a lot of hours! Are you really going to ribfest? Haha funny how you want to change your mind when you find out you’ve been losing, I hope you’re still able to go and have fun.

@trooworld The chair’s for relaxing, I had the cheap desk chairs that you sit upright and “normal” in and I can’t sit for long without my legs elevated. It’s a little too hot to hang out outside right now but I look forward to doing it soon. Oh no that stinks about heartburn, I’m sorry you had to leave and aren’t feeling the best this morning.

@askewcr Way to go, let’s get it!

@micaroo4 Wow that’s pretty fascinating to have met a first cousin like that, how cool! I met a distant cousin from 23andMe and it was a lot of fun, I’m glad you and Rich had that opportunity.

Hi friends. I tried some stuff with the micro current last night and it seemed to help me get to a better place, I stretched this morning and did a light workout then went to the farm to trim garlic and have been doing a little better thank goodness. I’m redoing the treatment right now. My neighbor stopped by on the way home from the farm and we hung out for a few hours, between the farm and that time I think I really needed to be around people at a time I was ready to pull all the blinds and hide in bed for a year or two. One of the women at the farm saw me and said if I was gone one more day she planned to send a search party after me which was sweet. I trimmed and sorted half the garlic into two bins, one to separate cloves to replant then the other to give out in boxes. Tomorrow my brother’s family and I are going to my parents for a BBQ. SO glad I have some hope of being a little better without surgery, thank you all for putting up with me, this time has been scary!
    No Zero Days- healthy under calories, light strength and stretching, great water (I had no clue I had a bladder infection until the hospital called so I’m drinking A LOT of water now).
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hey y'all,

I'm feeling pretty good about myself the last couple of days. I decided to browse through my "Walk at Home" app and found a 7-day walk plan. It is 6 days of 20 min of cardio and 20 min of strength. I started yesterday, and I did day #2 today. My whole body is so sore, lol, but in a good way. I'm feeling so proud of myself for getting it done 2 days in a row🙂🙂

Now, if I can get my food choices back on track, I'd be getting somewhere. Lol, I'll get there...
  • maggybd
    maggybd Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Maggybd
    Pw 206.4
    Cw 207.8

I am back to my weight from a week ago so no change over 2 weeks. I feel stuck. The heat is really rough on me. Trying to figure out something fun to do each day so I am not just sitting home and eating.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    P. W. 275
    C. W. 279
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,803 Member
    Options
    Digger61
    Saturday
    PW 229
    CW 229
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 167
    CW: 166.2
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Oh good, I'm glad he's improving. I've been thinking of you guys. He does sound like he's got a lot to heal. I'm glad you are trying to get good sleep, it sounds like you need it! What a great community.

@micaroo4 Wow, what a cool experience!

@Katmary71 Ah, that is good to relax in then. Thank you, it was a very expensive takeout meal lol. I'm so glad you are doing a little better.

@DrewsAnna I love Leslie Sansone! Way to go!!!

@txcritter69 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I am feeling better today. We are going to go to the zoo and walk around. I'm experiencing a lot of allergy symptoms which is not fun. Overall, doing well.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Good Morning

Congratulations to everyone that list this week!

@Katmary71 sorry you are still in pain. Glad that the farm manager is working with you so that you can still help out at the farm. Being able to do the things you love helps keep your spirits up.

@trooworld congrats on being able to lose each week. That us a great accomplishment.

@AmbersWay Still sending prayers your way. Sucks that the healing process can be so slow. Hang in there, better days are coming.

@tammymccrady6278 Congratulations on your loss!

@micaroo4 That is so cool about your husband's cousins.

This month I have 6 goals:
    1.) WAKE UP HAPPY! This has not been a good week. I have this dark cloud hanging over my head.😢
    2.) Get all my steps in every day. Did better this week.
    lq90twuzlm1x.jpg
    3.) Only eat out once a week. We ended up eating out 3 times because we were not home to cook.🍔🍟🌮
    4.) Stop the snacking after 7pm. Did snack around 9 pm but only had one snack 🍿not 3😂
    5.) Log food and water intake. Did not log anything.
    6.) Check in daily with my goals. Checking today

Well, this was a really long week. We has to come to the realization that hubby's dream car is going to be totaled. It has been really tough on him. We are still waiting on the investigation as to who's fault it is.

Then while Diesel and I were out walking Tues morning we had a dog come running at us Diesel's anxiety got so bad that he ended up taking it out on me.liehovb77icd.jpg
    I tried walking with him again on Fri but he was not having it. I am not sure if he is sensing my feelings or if he is having his on problems.

I hope everyone has a Blessed day!
    GO OUT AND BE AMAZING TODAY!
  • DebJB30
    DebJB30 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    PW :160.0
    CW :159.2
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in!

Username - mkksemail
    Weigh-in Day = Sunday
    CW 194.6

- mk 🙋
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @DrewsAnna That app sounds real cool, great challenge to take on! I’m so glad you’re feeling good about yourself, you deserve to!

@maggybd What about trying short dances on YouTube for something fun to try each day? Of course that may not be your idea of fun but it’s over in a few minutes. Do you like any activities at home that use your hands more like sewing or doing puzzles? I hope you find something you enjoy.

@trooworld Have a great time at the zoo! Grr allergies are a pain, I hope they weren’t an issue while you were out.

@txcritter69 Gentle hugs, I hope this is a better week for you.

Hi friends! Doing about the same as yesterday. I went to my parents for dinner with my brother’s family, it was great to see everyone after the last two weeks but was happy to get home too. Not much else is up, I’m easing back into workouts slowly.

Have a great Monday!
  • AmbersWay
    Options
    WI Sunday
    PW 194
    CW 194

I’ll take it. I was worried I’d go up. I think all the steps I’m getting is balancing things some.
This discussion has been closed.