Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @cbennett3026 A big WELCOME to you! If you scroll up a bit, I posted information about our NO JUNK CHALLENGE that is going on until 9/25. Jump in if you want!

@Neon_Ninja You are welcome! Thank you! I appreciate it. I'm glad you joined the challenge. No sugar is a good one. ;) That's a good plan to have fruit lined up.

@KMD1214 Oh I'm glad you liked it! It is my motto for the year. I try to remind myself of it throughout the year.

@FushiaKat I'm so sorry about what happened. Hugs.

@Cornanda Oh no! I hope the worst of it misses you. Be safe!

Hi all. No junk yesterday. Don't ask me about my breakfast though. :/ BUT it wasn't junk by my definition (chips, Doritos, cookies). I tracked, yes I did. I will track today as well. I made a pressure cooker recipe and I screwed it up forgetting to add something in the right order and it BURNED. I scooped it out and put it on the stove and that worked. It was pretty good but my Ninja Foodi is a mess lol.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,887 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... another new member joining your wonderful team .. Please welcome @steffibabiie :)
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hi all--if I added my starting weight on August 28 (the day I asked to join) and said I will weigh in on Wednesday--which I really didn't think about too hard about because Saturday is a better day--do I need to weigh in today or next Wednesday?

It's no problem, I just want to get it straight. Thx!

6vxa9eyo7j1f.jpg
  • KMD1214
    KMD1214 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    @Neon_Ninja : I believe it would be next Wednesday, the first Wednesday in September. I also think that you can change your weigh-in day by messaging @broncobuddee, who manages all that.
  • Neon_Ninja
    Neon_Ninja Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    @KMD1214 : Okay, thanks much!
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Looking forward to the September challenge. I'm new(ish) to mfp, I've used it once in the past but didn't have a food scale and found trying to sort out homemade meals too much of a hassle to track. So I got myself a scale and I'm back!
    I'm 37, a work-at-home mum to my 16yo daughter and 16yo stepdaughter (with us part-time). We're a pretty active family and with the beautiful weather here on the Sunshine Coast, Australia we're definitely outdoors people. Working towards getting fit and healthy so I can keep up!
    Happy for anyone to add me :)
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Day 6 of the No Junk Food challenge, and I'm still doing really well, avoiding temptation and sugar. Not even feeling tempted now.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    micaroo4 wrote: »
    Day 6 of the No Junk Food challenge, and I'm still doing really well, avoiding temptation and sugar. Not even feeling tempted now.

I should have joined in BUT I’d probably flunk smh. 2 weeks left of term before a break and of course I’m stress eating.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Well look at me falling behind on everything. I thought the junk food challenge didn't start until September. I started the challenge on Monday.
    I ate eggs and taco meat and snacked on cheese.

I've hit the gym everyday so far. I had planned on running after work but Monday I forgot shoes, Tuesday was bible study but today.....yes today I ran and my calf muscles locked up. I'm not sure what's going on there.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @cbennett3026 @steffibabiie Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles!

Hi friends! Not feeling too hot but wanted to say hi and wish you all a great Thursday. Pulled my upper back getting out of bed yesterday, whenever I get flared up I try and analyze how to prevent it again but I did actually use good body mechanics so it's just one of those stupid things. I stetched and tried to go to the farm yesterday but even separating garlic cloves was hard after a bit. I left for home early and have been resting a lot ever since. The main area I pulled feels better but it got my whole spine flared up, hopefully tomorrow at least the headache will be better. My aunt was in town and I haven't seen her for about 5 years, hopefully next time I'll be able to. My cats are being super cuddly which is the bright spot right now.

Here we come September, any personal goals for it aside of no junk? I have to say my cravings are way better right now but eating produce and protein makes anything quick a PITA!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Idalia brought us a few gusty breezes and less than a half inch of rain. I threw the junk food challenge out the window for a couple of days while I stressed about rebooking my trip. Back on track today. Flying out tonight.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @steffibabiie Welcome to our team!!! I sent you a friends request. I can't wait to get to know you!

@Neon_Ninja You can always change your weigh-in day by tagging @BroncoBuddee and he will take care of it. And @KMD1214 is right!

@gemwolf110 Not too late to join!

@19shmoo69 Never too late to join the challenge! Great job, Darren. I'm sorry about your calf muscles, that's weird. I hope they feel better now.

@Katmary71 Oh no! I'm so sorry about your pulled back, that sounds painful. I'm glad you are resting. Yeah I get it about the quick thing. :(

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! I hope Weds work out better for you. Your food looks delicious! Yum. I'm glad you have something healthy to eat for football.

@Cornanda I'm glad it was a bust (the storm). Safe travels and good job getting back on track.

Hi all. I was busy all day yesterday at work so I was distracted about thinking of food except one of my ex-coworkers came in and brought cookies from a Persian bakery and of course, I didn't think about the challenge and I did have 3 small cookies. I felt obligated to take them since I never see her and they were for another coworkers' birthday. :/ She left a bunch of brownie brittle in the break room so it will be a challenge today to stay out of it. I will make a sign for my computer in my office. Hopefully that will help.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    KMD1214 wrote: »
    @Neon_Ninja : I believe it would be next Wednesday, the first Wednesday in September. I also think that you can change your weigh-in day by messaging @broncobuddee, who manages all that.

@Neon_Ninja For returning members, their starting weight for next month is from their weigh-in day this week (the last week of the previous month). For new members, we can use either the weight provided on sign up day or you can update it on your given weigh-in day of the last week of the previous month (yesterday, 8/30 - or this Saturday if you'd like to change days). If that makes any sense... :#

But yes, feel free to change weigh-in days, too, if that helps. Just let me know.
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    trooworld wrote: »
    @steffibabiie Welcome to our team!!! I sent you a friends request. I can't wait to get to know you!

@Neon_Ninja You can always change your weigh-in day by tagging @BroncoBuddee and he will take care of it. And @KMD1214 is right!

@gemwolf110 Not too late to join!

@19shmoo69 Never too late to join the challenge! Great job, Darren. I'm sorry about your calf muscles, that's weird. I hope they feel better now.

@Katmary71 Oh no! I'm so sorry about your pulled back, that sounds painful. I'm glad you are resting. Yeah I get it about the quick thing. :(

@DrewsAnna Congrats on the loss! I hope Weds work out better for you. Your food looks delicious! Yum. I'm glad you have something healthy to eat for football.

@Cornanda I'm glad it was a bust (the storm). Safe travels and good job getting back on track.

Hi all. I was busy all day yesterday at work so I was distracted about thinking of food except one of my ex-coworkers came in and brought cookies from a Persian bakery and of course, I didn't think about the challenge and I did have 3 small cookies. I felt obligated to take them since I never see her and they were for another coworkers' birthday. :/ She left a bunch of brownie brittle in the break room so it will be a challenge today to stay out of it. I will make a sign for my computer in my office. Hopefully that will help.

Awesome going to join in.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Wow amazing job cooking up some tasty food!

@Cornanda Have a safe flight!

@trooworld Boy your coworker is just scattering temptations everywhere! I would've eaten them too but yikes! What kind of sign for your computer, I didn't catch that?

Hi friends. Still hangin in there, did some stretching and light ab stuff this morning but aside of that sticking close to home resting. Have the rest of Magic Lessons to finish. I've had popcorn the last two nights but am staying away from it tonight and sticking it under “junk” or else I'll need to shop for new clothes. You'd think having my walker in the bathroom to get in and out of the tub would be depressing but it's become my cat's favorite place to hang out so it makes me smile every time I see them on it. One of my tomatoes lost all it's leaves overnight so there's a worm taking advantage of my inability to search him down and squish him! Have a great Friday team.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 and @trooworld thanks for your advice when I was in a slump after vacation. I did indulge while away and I think that’s what messed me up. I was also out of my exercise routine. I’ve kept your advice in my head and finally went for a run. It wasn’t an easy one, but I did it! Now with the cooler weather coming, hopefully I’ll be more inclined to go some more.
    May have to do the junk food challenge next time.
    Hopefully all are staying safe around the windy weather.
    @Neon_Ninja I love that chameleon meme! I don’t have your answer though. Lol
    @DrewsAnna that food looks amazing! I’ve never tried making bagels. Is it hard?
    @broncobuddee just a question. I’ve always posted my starting weight as when I initially began on MFP. Is it supposed to change month to month?

• trooworld
    Options
    Username: Trooworld
    Weigh in day: Fridays
    PW: 230.2
    CW: 228.2

• trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 YES!!! And they put more stuff in there: those big tins from Costco with European cookies that have Belgian chocolate in them. :( I was going to write a sign and put on my computer that said, "Stay out of the break room" but I forgot. :/ How's your back? I'm sorry about your tomatoes. :(

@sleepygirl79 That's awesome you went for a run! Congrats! It's always hard when you go on vacation and get out of your routine. Feel free to join in the junk food challenge at any time, when and if you are ready for it.

@micaroo4 You are rocking it!

Hi all. Well, I forgot to make my sign. I had good intentions but I didn't. I did have some junk yesterday and I'm disappointed in myself but I will do better today, I am working from home so it should be easier since we have no junk in the house.

This discussion has been closed.