Downsizers Team Chat - AUGUST 2023

Options

Replies

• Bluebabykatz
    Bluebabykatz Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    "Have you ever listened to 432Hz music for relaxation?"

No I haven't! I'll have to check it out and let you know what I think after listening to it. Thanks for telling me about it.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,276 Member
    Options
    @NouveauRee - 👋 on another thread you asked me to share information about my fiber counts. I eat beans, lentils, or peas as protein for at least one meal every day. I eat 5 servings of vegetables daily, with at least 2 of them being leafy greens. I have carrots and hummus as a snack. My fresh fruits are usually some kind of berries. And I sometimes snack on nuts, or popcorn. Always lots of fiber.
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options

PW: 81.3 (I think)
    CW: 82.7

Big weekend, over ate, this week going forward, tracking foods, eating better and drinking more water
  • Hotspur11
    Hotspur11 Posts: 2,667 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    144ubxh320g8.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for August Week 2... Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening 8/15 so that I can post the results on Wednesday morning ... Thank you for your cooperation :)

@tahm42 8/6 - 8/12
    @Jpedno 8/6 - 8/12
    @michaeldaily4927 8/6 - 8/12
    @laquita606 8/6 - 8/12

Steps: 8/6 - 8/12

6/8 - 8,159
    7/8 - 14,073
    8/8 - 15,098
    9/8 - 12,518
    10/8 - 13,218
    11/8 - 11,302
    12/8 - 15,949
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

aactuallyaash
    8/6 -6657
    8/12-8983

Thanks!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »
    Steps: 8/6 - 8/12

6/8 - 8,159
    7/8 - 14,073
    8/8 - 15,098
    9/8 - 12,518
    10/8 - 13,218
    11/8 - 11,302
    12/8 - 15,949

@Hotspur11 Wow! Good steps! :)

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,356 Member
    Options
    8/12 steps
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Good evening fellow Downsizers. I hope you all had a good day. Here are my weigh-in numbers.

Name: rwillems
    Weigh-in day: Sunday
    PW: 279.0 lbs.
    CW: 277.6 lbs

Well we are back home from our summer place now (except for an occasional weekend getaway), so, I hope, I can get back into a more disciplined schedule. Talk to you all soon!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Good evening fellow Downsizers. I hope you all had a good day. Here are my weigh-in numbers.

Well we are back home from our summer place now (except for an occasional weekend getaway), so, I hope, I can get back into a more disciplined schedule. Talk to you all soon!

🎉
  • Bluebabykatz
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

My legs are still really swollen and uncomfortable form the pressure of the fluid build up, in the back just above the knee wear it bends.

I also was craving pasta last night, which cost me to gain a little weight. It will be gone in a day or two I think it's mostly water gain.

I was able to get up and do a little bit of exercise yesterday afternoon, not for very long; but, every little bit helps.

I'm trying everyday to do something different. I'm walking a little bit more and trying to throw in exercise a few times a week.

I think the little bit of weight that I've gained will be gone in the day or two. By the time it's weigh-in day Saturday.

I plan to be as positive as I can and to do the best I can and being motivated and active in this weight loss journey.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will check back later and read everybody's comments.
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @Megan_smartiepants1970
    Steps:
    8/6 9719
    8/7 16286 (We have been preparing for a big landscaping project. LOTS of physical work.)
    8/8 8041
    8/9 5527
    8/10 5665
    8/11 8762
    8/12 6691

That’s a great step day.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hotspur11 wrote: »

PW: 81.3 (I think)
    CW: 82.7

Big weekend, over ate, this week going forward, tracking foods, eating better and drinking more water

Great plan.
    rwillems wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Great numbers again this week.
    Good Morning Everyone,

My legs are still really swollen and uncomfortable form the pressure of the fluid build up, especially just above my knee in in the back where it bends.

Hope you feel better. Do you wear compression stockings? I can’t wear mine as the right one gets too tight from the swelling. On the way to the Dominican, I took the right one off at my seat. The lady sitting next to me must have thought I was crazy. lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,486
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 0/4

So close to my step goal but honestly was just too lazy and tired to get them. I am heading to the pool as soon as I drink my ☕️. Today, I will meet my step goal and stick to my pre logged food.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Good Morning Everyone,

My legs are still really swollen and uncomfortable form the pressure of the fluid build up.

I also was craving pasta last night, which cost me to gain a little weight. It will be gone in a day or two I think it's mostly water gain.

I was able to get up and do a little bit of exercise yesterday afternoon, not for very long; but, every little bit helps.

I'm trying everyday to do something different. I'm walking a little bit more and trying to throw in exercise a few times a week.

I think the little bit of weight that I've gained will be gone in the day or two. By the time it's weigh-in day Saturday.

I plan to be as positive as I can and to do the best I can and being motivated and active in this weight loss journey.

Hope everyone has a great day! I will check back later and read everybody's comments.

Do you like to swim or just feel comfortable in water? It’s a great place to exercise when have issues that affect our mobility. I know you had a procedure but I mean once it heals.
  • Bluebabykatz
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I usually wear them, ( I use a different kind of compression socks, I wear the pull up socks, which come with a compression Velcro wrap) they are easier for me to use than regular compression socks. Like you my legs are to swollen to wear right now. I even have compression knee support braces. I'm supposed to wear them daily to help to keep my knees from buckling and causing me to lose balance. But again my legs are too swollen even around my knees to wear at this time.

The braces are supposed to help keep your legs from swelling, however, because I have such poor circulation, they're not doing a good job of preventing the swelling.

Marie,
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

29zgwh7l6iq7.png
    9q15jvs2ca7f.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    6f517wbc196p.png

By Pounds
    ypaj890rzcwh.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    ncymmf8bxtj3.png
    k8hrohk3wcae.png

By Pounds
    zk40ee0sjxkd.png

Team Winners
    xk2oo5xigj75.png
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Current Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 8/7/23 = 195.8
    CW: 8/14/23 = 191.6
    Lost 4.2 pounds this week!

I feel like I am finally back on track and doing what I'm supposed to.

I am so sorry to do this again but I would like to change my weigh-in date to Fridays starting on 8/18/23. I have started a new plan where I count 1496 calories during the week and 1796 during the weekend and would like to weigh myself fairly for those "cheat" days.

I hope everyone has a great week ahead! I don't think I got the 911 operator position so today I will be applying for other jobs.
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Current Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 8/7/23 = 195.8
    CW: 8/14/23 = 191.6
    Lost 4.2 pounds this week!

I feel like I am finally back on track and doing what I'm supposed to.

I am so sorry to do this again but I would like to change my weigh-in date to Fridays starting on 8/18/23. I have started a new plan where I count 1496 calories during the week and 1796 during the weekend and would like to weigh myself fairly for those "cheat" days.

I hope everyone has a great week ahead! I don't think I got the 911 operator position so today I will be applying for other jobs.

Correction. I just received the phone call. I have officially been hired for the 911 operator position! I start August 28th doing administrative work until the next PECO class starts October 16th.
  • Bluebabykatz
    edited August 2023
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    "Do you like to swim or just feel comfortable in water? It’s a great place to exercise when have issues that affect our mobility. I know you had a procedure but I mean once it heals."

I love to swim! Where I live now there is no swimming pool, I live in a small town, and they don't really have much here. Mostly fast food joints and I rarely go to those places. Like I really need that type of food anyway. Lol
This discussion has been closed.