By Pounds
    furn57wgdqbv.png

Team Winners
    63ax95uum61b.png
  • cormierannie
    cormierannie Posts: 4,638 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself?
    I’m a mom to my beautiful 18 year old daughter. i have two budgie birds. i like to go for walks, to dance, to do yoga, to do strength training, to watch and play tennis, to bike ride and to do arts and crafts.i enjoy reading a variety of books and listening to a variety of music.

Family? 1 daughter, 18 years old.

Pets? 2 budgie birds

What are some of your hobbies? dancing, doing connect the dots and other puzzles, arts and crafts, watching sports on tv.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start? i am on this journey to maintain my weight loss.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them? extra salty and sweet foods. i can avoid them by not having them in the house.

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? i like the Mediterranean diet.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? dancing and walking_!
    6. Any new workouts you would like to try this month? zumba classes

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year? to keep off the weight i gained before and to continue to enjoy a variety of tasty, healthy foods. i enjoy being very active now, so i will continue to be active at least five days a week.

7. What do you expect to gain from the team? Do you have any suggestions?
    support, motivation and encouragement.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates. you can do this. you are worth it.

cormierannie
    weigh in day sunday
    pw: 132 pounds
    cw: 132 pounds
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone!

My name is Greg and I'm from Windsor Ontario Canada

I started my journey Feb.24, 2022 and reached my goal in early Feb. 2023. I've been in Maintenance since then. I've lost 171 pounds. Started at 388 and currently at 217.

For exercise I run. I LOVE running. And I play baseball.

My goals for the month are

1. Finish both my 5 km races
    2. Do a 10 km/1 hour run. I'm currently at 50 minutes/8 km
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 was taking a hiatus from the scale so I haven’t weighed since 7/1 which was 169. Wasn’t planning on weighing until 8/5 . I struggle with weighing daily even though I know fluctuations are normal. Hope you’re able to use where I left off from the last challenge.

@NachDeezy thanks my friend 🤗 a lot has happened since being away like you crushing that 💯 outstanding Nacho!

@MuffinTopAssassin welcome to the team! Loving the name! If F2F ever needs a new team I’m thinking Muffin Top Assassins would be it! Now let’s destroy those muffin tops in August!

@TeamDownsizers check out those results! Way to show July who’s boss! You all did amazing! Woohoo 🎉💪🤩
  • MuffinTopAssassin
    MuffinTopAssassin Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Thanks for the UserName feedback! I thought it was a good one the other day but then had a sudden fear that it was a bit naff or something, so before joining up to this challenge I went to change it but it wouldn’t let me - so I’m glad some of you have mentioned it! Phew! 😅

LETS DO THIS!!!! 😃
  • rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Here you go, Linda,

Username: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 277.2 lbs
    CW: 280.0 lbs.

A little back step, I’m afraid.
  • miltop53
    miltop53 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    My Steps

7/29:14,531
    7/30:8,031

I will sit out the month of Aug.. But will be back for Sept.. There are some things I need to complete at this time...
  • laquita606
    laquita606 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    Hi my name is laquita, I’m 35 single. I live in Connecticut. I don’t have any kids just a niece and nephew who are 3 and 5 that keeps me on my toes. Hobbies are reading, movies, music, anime and art.

2. Why are you on this journey? What pushed you to start?
    I’m on this journey for my health was diagnosed with MS I’m trying to keep myself active and healthy. Well what first push me to start this journey is my Health. But I was more on again off again by the final push was my order brothers passing.

3. What are your triggers and how can you avoid them?

4. Do you have a favourite diet you go by? ie keto, low carb
    I don’t really do diets I just try to keep a balance meal but mostly I try to do portion control.

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    I don’t have a favorite workout right now I just walk. But the plan is to put in some weightlifting once I finish physical therapy.

6. What are some of your goals this month? Year?
    My goal this month is to get three days of workouts per week. Try to stay on my nutrition. And to lose 10 pounds This month. For the end of this year to get to a weight of 200.

Support and motivation

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    try to stay positive and be happy with little win
  • laquita606
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight):252.2
    CW (Current Weight):249.6
  • laquita606
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hello Team Downsizers ....First I would like to welcome our new members @Bluebabykatz ,@laquita606, @RoblinB @Evang6K2556 and @MuffinTopAssassin to our amazing team ....I hope you enjoy it as much as I have ...I have been with this group for 3 years and absolutely love it ... I have been on and off of MFP since 2009 (I had a bad habit of giving up on myself and deleting my accounts..I promised myself that I would not give up on myself ever again(been on this screen name since 2018) Second let me introduce myself ... I am Megan and I am the co-captain of this marvelous team along with our amazing captain Linda..I am also one of the moderator's so if a problem arises please let me know so that I and the other moderator's can solve the problem ... Most of you newcomers have already met me since I am in charge of recruiting ...Now a little about me ... I was born in Alberta Canada..I was adopted as a baby...I have lived in California most of my life ... I would love to move to Colorado.. I am an animal lover... I have 2 dogs a German Shepherd named Dakota who is 5 years old this past October( and a Siberian Husky named Aspen who is also 5 years old this past December) ... I lost my 2 grandma kitties Kylie 17 1/2 and Mocha 17 recently within 4 days apart and a parrot named Petey (not sure who talks more him or myself LOL) I am a mom of 2 ..Alyssa who is 17 and graduated high school on June 9th ..I have home schooled her from day 1 .. She has been on honor roll every year who wants to be a veterinarian once she receives her diploma ... I have a son named Austin who is 23 married with 2 kids and was in the Navy now he is graduating the academy to be a cop.. I am a very proud mama :)

Now lets talk about the step challenge that I am in-charge of for our team ...If you want to be added please give me your name and a step pledge that you plan to hit daily and post your steps either daily or weekly (whatever is easiest for you) in here .... If you want to be removed , change your step goal , excused etc. please let me know ... I do have a converter chart where I can convert most exercise into steps ...On Sunday mornings I will put up a reminder of the people's steps I need ...

My Goals for August is to stay on keto ...drink 140 ounces of water daily .... ...meal prep with my daughter once a week, stay on IF and use my home gym 30 minutes a day 5 days a week... I have a lot of health issues... I am off all meds ..I am no longer type 2 diabetic ... kidney stones ... 3 hernia surgeries ... a screw in my right foot due to stress fractures ... Left foot has arthritis in the ankle and I have quite a few bone spurs in the foot .. ... I also have tendonitis in my knees and I was born with hip dysplasia..As many of you know I am out of commission for who knows how long due to playing ball with the pups in the backyard and falling in one of the craters my dogs dug up...I broke my ankle in 2 places and tore tendons and ligaments ...I had surgery on 10/19 where I have a plate and 4 screws and I had an infection where one of the screws is ..... I had my 2nd foot surgery on 12/15 3rd foot surgery happened on 1/31 where he put a rod in my foot (which is giving me problems) yup I am mess LOL 4th surgery happened on 3/31/23 where I have 2 new rods in my leg and more screws in my foot 5th foot/leg surgery happening on 7/7/23 ...Yup I am a mess LOL

I am an open book so if you want to know more about me then just ask :) Let's have an awesome month and let's show the month of August who is boss :p Wishing everyone much success ..If anyone would like to add me as a friend please do :)

laquita606 step pledge 7,000
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    laquita606 wrote: »

Way to go!!
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 246 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi everyone - Thanks for including me in this group! (Posting anything is a step out for me, so here I go...briefly...)

1. Tell us a little about yourself? Where are you from? Family? Pets? What are some of your hobbies? Etc.
    Married mom, kids leaving nest, work fulltime

Saw 200.0 lbs staring back on the scale! New scary territory for me.

Stress, anxiety, fatigue. Working on them.

Can't quite put "favorite" and "diet" in the same sentence yet... ;)

5. What is your favourite way to workout? Any new workouts you would like to try this month?
    I really like to cycle. I think I would like to add some free weights.

This month: To drop back below 190lbs.

I expect I will eat better/exercise more just knowing I am accountable to others.

@Megan_smartiepants1970 Please add me to your step challenge list. Step pledge 5000. Thank you!

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    Options
    NouveauRee wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 was taking a hiatus from the scale so I haven’t weighed since 7/1 which was 169. Wasn’t planning on weighing until 8/5 . I struggle with weighing daily even though I know fluctuations are normal. Hope you’re able to use where I left off from the last challenge

That no problem. I will use your previous weight.
    rwillems wrote: »
    Here you go, Linda,

Username: rwillems
    Weigh-in Day: Sunday
    PW: 277.2 lbs
    CW: 280.0 lbs.

A little back step, I’m afraid.

This week you will have to step forward. It’s ok to go backward every now and then.
    miltop53 wrote: »
    My Steps

I will sit out the month of Aug.. But will be back for Sept.. There are some things I need to complete at this time...

Do you mean the step challenge or you want to go on support for a month and not weigh in?
    laquita606 wrote: »

Fantastic loss! What a great way to start the challenge.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,554 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Steps: 9,858
    Log food: ✔️
    Exercise: 1/4

I overdid it yesterday. I am taking it easy today. I am watching my daughter tonight and tomorrow. She is having a friend over tonight for a sleepover. Tomorrow they will keep me busy.

Question to the swimmers in the group:

If you did an hour of swimming do you include rests in that time? I don’t think I can make it an hour straight without a rest every 20 or 30 laps. I would rest for 30 to 45 seconds.
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,443 Member
    Options
    miltop53 wrote: »
    My Steps

I will excuse you
  • Stacimfit
    Stacimfit Posts: 285 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    Hi all,
    Here are my steps for the last week:
    7/23-5,670
    7/24-3,940
    7/25-9,108
    7/26-5,106
    7/27-6,234
    7/28-7,181
    7/29-7,895
    7/30-8,028
  • evang6k2556
    evang6k2556 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My weighing days are:

Tuesday
    Wednesday
    Friday
    Saturday

August
    1/8/23:299lbs
    2/8/23:
    4/8/23:
    5/8/23:
  • Tail0rMade22
    Tail0rMade22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hey there, my name is Taylor. I am 24 from Jacksonville, Florida currently living with my mom and grandma. I also have 5 cats and am currently applying to become a 9-1-1 operator. I won't know until later this week if I got the job or not. Some of my hobbies include: video games, crafting with my Cricut machine (t-shirts mostly), journaling, making music playlists, photography, sharks tooth hunting at the beach, etc.

Unfortunately I have not taken care of my body most of my life. I would say since the age of 12 I have used food as a comfort and coping mechanism to things life has handed to me. I am now starting to see some concerning health issues at 24 years old. Thankfully I do not think I have diabetes currently but if I do not correct how I am eating now, I am afraid that will quickly change as the disease runs on both sides of my family.

I would definitely say family issues and life stressors. I am often insecure and feel like I will not amount to anything and it causes me to further self sabotage myself making things much worse.

Not really, however if I had the will power.. I'd like to eat whole foods plant based.

Swimming, Beat Saber, Walking/Treadmill, Apple Fitness+ , Switch Sports / Ring Fit

To get healthy and have my energy and vision back to where it needs to be. I just want to treat my body like I'm supposed to.

Support and knowledge. I want to help out where possible and not just receive support as well.

8. Share some words of wisdom with your teammates.
    No matter how many times you fall, keep getting back up. We only truly fail when we stop rising to the challenge each day. We can all get through this. Whatever you have to do to get to success, do it.

Weigh-in day: Monday
    PW: 7/24/23 = 195.2
    CW: 7/31/23 = 196.8
  • MuffinTopAssassin
    MuffinTopAssassin Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    First day back to Weightlifting. I really didn’t feel like it, but knowing I’d made my commitment to this group got me in the door.

And of course now I feel FAB! (Though I can tell it’s going to smart a fair bit over the next few days. 😬)

Did my usual dance class too - which made me happy to be alive!!

Hope everyone had a great Monday! 💗🙂 x
This discussion has been closed.