Carnivore diet

Options
Kitri2020
Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
edited August 2023 in Social Groups
Hello everyone!

I am new to the group, and was inspired to join because I have been experimenting with diet as I lose my pregnancy weight.

I am curious if any of you are, or would try the carnivore diet. I’m not sure that it is the “cleanest” but it definitely allows me to hit my protein needs and sate my cravings.

So far, in the last 2 months eating mostly meat and fruit with the occasional veggie has helped me drop 14lbs!

What do yall think of the carnivore diet? I noticed quite a few vegans and vegetarians, and im all ears for things to look out for such as fat intake, antibiotics and other concerns like that.
Tagged:

Replies

• FitToLead
    FitToLead Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on Carnivore for 33 days so far. Lost 23lb. Never feel hungry. Long term significant achilles injury has almost recovered. My energy- now is great.
    Like most westerners I am a bit carb addicted. ie, when tired I am inclined to eat hot chips, or a sweet, or buy 'healthy' takeaway or even make porridge or something fast n easy.
    Never feel tempted to eat any plant based anything, because
    1) I am strictly avoiding any carbs or sugar- which oddly makes it easy and simple emotionally - like someone being alcohol dependent - not so good to have a little alcohol.
    2) I was heading toward pre diabetes - not there yet, but not many years away I suspect, and carnivore drop glucose, and hence insulin production and the vast array of serious health conditions that causes
    3) Related to no 2, I wanted to heal my mitochondria - kind of like the battery in all our cells, and metabolic health

So I read fantastic medical research, incl research that completely debunks the fear mongering about lack of fibre or nutrients, amount of fat we intake, and many of the lies Doctors were taught and passed on to patients. If you haven't already listened to or read some of these people try:

Dr Shawn Baker - former orthopaedic doctor
    Dr Ken Berry. MD
    Dr Ben Bilkman
    Dr Anita Bosworth - Dr Boz
    Dr Peter Brukner
    Dr. Anthony Chaffee
    Dr. Robert Cywes
    Dr. David Diamond

Good Luck
  • p21usa
    p21usa Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I am new to the group and your post caught my eye. I have borderline high cholesterol and one of my biggest fears about the carnivore diet would be high cholesterol. Any issues for you?