Personal victory. Ultimate goals in sight.

Options
SaltyDave
SaltyDave Posts: 26 Member
A personal health goal achieved!

My Doctor gave me the green light for my request to lower my blood pressure meds(cutting in half). My BP has been going down consistently along with my weight(48lbs so far) after starting #NSNG and eliminating seed oils. I also chose to do a 8/16 fasting regimen.

My overall goals are to lower blood glucose and a1c, get off blood pressure meds altogether, getting weight below 180 and acheiving a bmi of 22-24.

Another benefit is that my brain has come out of the carb/sugar fog, that I had just attributed to getting older. Not so. It was those inflamatory sugars and grains! Once I stopped eating those, my mind cleared up like I was 20 years younger. More energy, not crashing halfway through the day.

I feel I need to state that I have tried to lose this weight for over 12 years. I have been eating a calorie deficit, low fat, whole grain, fiber and exercise. Just like the "experts" recommend.

Food choices have driven every one of my improvements. Cals in/out is only a small part of the equation. Calorie quality does matter. Eat whole natural foods.