eagree
    weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 159
    CW: 156.9
  • eagree
    eagree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday everyone!
    A week ago, last Friday, I had started typing up a post, and didn't get to finish it, when an emergency came up at work, and I had to work through the weekend, and nonstop this week. It was such a crazy stressful emotional week, I didn't meet my steps or water goals as much as I'd like, and need to catch up on my habit tracker sheet! And I didn't to get into this team chat and check in and support you all.
    So I’m trying again.
    I wanted to share some of my go-to You Tube workout videos, and see if anyone else has favorites to share?
    https://youtu.be/zlltkfnNSbo?si=2MTUvX89HtOSPzK-

I like these You Tube vids from her- Growingannanas- she doesn’t talk, just gets right to the workout and she just does different cardio or strength, and I play my own jams sometimes and try to follow along best I can. Sometimes I modify 😊
    I also do these ones when I want a lower impact/somewhat chill one. https://youtu.be/Zlv-QIhjek8?si=hWfsZPVAHd-Eu1_J

@Cornanda I see the full body stretch challenge. I might try that!

@trooworld I had plantar fasciitis for the longest!! It sucked. I feel like it took 2 years to get through it and I’m finally normal. I still wear special inserts, though, and don’t wear pretty heels at work anymore. I even got the cortisone shot from the doc. I also wear these expensive OOFOs shoes, they are so comfortable. Love the pics of Daisy and Violet!!

@DrewsAnna love the pink hair!!!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,066 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 130.2
    CW: 130
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Weighing in a day early. Tomorrow is Rich's birthday, and we have a lot planned. Then on Sunday, we are heading up to moose country to a cabin on Lake Francis in Pittsburg NH.
  • crhillis
    crhillis Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hello-

A couple people asked where we live overseas- we live in the country of Georgia (in between Turkey and southern Russia). It’s an awesome place to visit!

Name: crhillis
    Weigh In: Thursday
    Starting weight (Sept 18, 2023): 157.2
    PW: 153.6 (Sept 28)
    151.6 (Oct 5)
    CW: 153.8 (Oct 12)

Frustrating to gain instead of lose! We’ve had out of town guests staying with us for 10 days and it is hard for me to meal plan and eat healthy and find time for exercise when I’m hosting people!

• broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all! I won’t make this too long until I get the official word whether or not I can come back now or wait until November :-) :-).
    It is Thanksgiving weekend here and the weather is gorgeous, 77°, so trying to get all my outside work done. @katmary71 I promise there will be a picture of my new perennial garden.

Thank you so much for the welcome backs, I will do a more personalized post once I figure out if I am back now or in November LOL. Just in case it is now I will post my weigh in for this week. If it does not count, that is absolutely no problem at all!

Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 153.8
    CW: 151.1

All set for October! Welcome back!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna Nice walking with Chipper, hope you get out there again today! Have blast seeing Adam Sandler!

@micaroo4 You've been doing awesome with the steps!

@Cornanda Thank you! He said it's not going to solve all my problems but an improvement especially when pain meds with a prescription are hard to get filled would sure be nice.

@gemwolf110 Have a great time on your trip!

@trooworld Hm maybe we need to swap a dog for a cat for a couple weeks then they'd chill out after being away from each other! Thanks you have a great Friday too! I hope the scale is down next week, hang in there. I love those challenges, have fun with it! A few friends have shared their postcards with me and it's very fun.

@DaveJ_43 Happy Friday, sounds like a fun weekend with a lot of exercise for you!

@eagree Sounds like a very challenging week, I'm glad it's behind you! I've gone through growingannanas workouts but hadn't realized she doesn't talk, she's my kind of instructor! I mostly do modified workouts but was doing BodyProject and HASFit when I could do more. Dance instructors were various ones. If you ever want seated workouts let me know!

@micaroo4 Happy birthday to Rich, have a great time!

@crhillis Having company definitely makes it hard to stay on track.

Getting the EKG was a bust today, the urgent care clinic said I'd have to pay for it so I went back to my doctor's clinic and was told no walk-ins for EKGs so I went to the clinic I was at yesterday. I came home for their lunch then went back and was so exhausted I left around 2:30 and called the customer service number on the back of my insurance card and said how after two days of waiting in awful pain there had to be another way for disabled people to get an EKG instead of physically suffering. Barely anyone came in that clinic both yesterday and today so I don't get why they couldn't do it. It's been authorized so I should be able to go to urgent care now. I have the charity event tomorrow night then Monday's my CT scan so maybe after that as I'll be in the same town. Eating has been bad and I'll be better about it Sunday after I'm on the other side of the event tomorrow. Cake looks great so far as long as the icing turns out well. Have a great Saturday!
  • Katmary71
    Options
    Hi Friends! I have a favor to ask, would anyone be willing to help with motivating the team while I go through surgery and for a week or two after? I'd really appreciate it if any of you would be up for it. Think about it and let me know!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow is the marathon.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    @katmary71 I would love a winter farmers market here, I think I could eat beets every day of the week! That Vannie like instructor only teaches 6 AM classes now, that is way too early for me🤣. I am so glad that surgeon is fast tracking your surgery, I can imagine it is stressful trying to get everything done in preparation. Sounds like a lot of fun getting that together for your president, it is nice to be able to do something for people who do so much. I just read your post about the nightmare of a day you had with your EKG, I am so sorry! Big hugs to you!!
    I’m not sure exactly what that means motivating the team, is it commenting on each persons post? Would it be possible for some of us to share it? I can’t do next week, but I could sure do October 22-28.

@19shmoo69. Are you running a marathon tomorrow?? If you are good for you and I’m cheering you on!

@micaroo4 all I can say is wow! It sounds like you have a super fun weekend planned with Rick, enjoy!

@Cornanda congrats on the weight loss, Lisa!

@Trooworld what is Cincinnati chili? I think I should avoid it.;). That app sounds like a lot of fun. Love the postcards and maps!

@eagree i’m sorry you had such a stressful week, hopefully this upcoming week will be much better for you! During Covid I did quite a few YouTube workouts, but I can’t remember what they are anymore🥴

@crhillis it can be so tough staying on track when you have company staying with you. You will get back on track!

Thanks so much @broncobuddee!

I thought today was going to be a rather chill day, not the case. I was going to get a lot of things done this afternoon, instead, my grandson ended up coming over at lunchtime and stayed. My daughter dropped off my granddaughter at four so it has been a super busy afternoon, but I am not complaining!
    My grandkids really wanted a frozen pizza for supper tonight, I made that for them I made myself my own pizza with pita bread :-) lol.
    I hope everybody had a great day!
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 245
    CW: 246
  • micaroo4
    Options
    Steps for Spooky October
    Oct 1: 16043
    Oct 2: 16349
    Oct 3: 19025
    Oct 4: 16314
    Oct 5: 15773
    Oct 6: 15563
    Oct 7: 15555
    Oct 8: 16609
    Oct 9: 16685
    Oct 10: 16040
    Oct 11: 15318
    Oct 12: 17297
    Oct 13: 18825
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- your walking challenge looks neat!

@eagree- thanks for the work out vids- will check it out. C Dorner fitness is the one I posted and she also had lots of cardio and strength videos. She does talk a lot though! Heather Robertson does vids with no talking. And I also like HAS Fit.

@Katmary71 - You've been struggling with pain and mobility quite a bit lately- any improvement would be welcome. Also the decreased sensation and chest pressure have to go! Good Riddance!

@19shmoo69 - How did the marathon go?! Did you imagine there would be a coffee reward at the end to get you through it?

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

@DaveJ_43 I have some fun burns planned this weekend, too! Have a great weekend. :)

@eagree Congrats on the loss! I'm sorry about your week last week. I hope this one has been better. Thank you for the videos. When I do YouTube videos, I tend to do Leslie Sansone walking videos. Oh plantar fasciitis does suck! I think mine was just a warning though: it is feeling a lot better today. Maybe it was the universe's way of warning me to wear good shoes lol. I did get inserts from the podiatrist (I went for a bunion) and those are helping. I'm glad you found relief. Thanks, my pups make me happy!

@micaroo4 Happy birthday to Rich! Enjoy the time away.

@crhillis There used to be a wonderful Georgian restaurant where I live called Pushkin but I see it has been rebranded to a hookah lounge that serves food. I loved what they served when I went there. I haven't been there since the rebranding. I'm sorry you didn't lose. It would be very hard to lose when you have guests in town. Next week will be better!

@Katmary71 Hahahaha maybe! I hope the scale is down next week, too. The challenge IS fun! I'm sorry the EKG was a bust. It shouldn't be such a hassle. Yay for a good cake turnout!

@19shmoo69 Good luck today! I will be thinking about you from the West Coast.

@Laurelfit57 Cincinnati chili is a sinfully delicious dish lol. It is served over spaghetti, the chili itself is not like regular American chili: it has notes of cinnamon, cloves, CHOCOLATE in it and has ground beef. Once you put your chili on your spaghetti, you put a heap of cheddar cheese on it and then I put sour cream and oyster crackers. I will include a pic. It is a famous dish from Cincinnati, Ohio (I'm originally from Ohio). I did NOT put as much cheese as in this picture but I think you can understand how I gained (I had it for dinner and then lunch the next day). You should avoid it lol. The app is really motivating! How fun to have your grandchildren there!

@Cornanda Thank you! It is fun and motivating!

Hi all. I am inluding a picture of Cincinnati chili if you've never heard of it. It was my demon last week. I wrote above to Laurel what it actually is. I am going to an "Exercise Lite" class today. I have no idea what it will entail but I wanted to try it.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 6,956 / 6,000, 72 mins / 15 active mins
    Add your steps/minutes here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-c4S-GIz9asx1ghzcAnNdyEH1LkXL670f-2mZ4AFUqk/edit?usp=sharing

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

aqqm6zh4b19d.png
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymcrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 203.7
    CW 203

Good morning!
    This week has went by so fast. It rained all week here so not much walking done not even for the pooches poor things. But I still managed to get my step goals most days which is a bonus. Today we are finishing up the fall outdoors stuff and winterizing. It isn’t supposed to rain so let’s keep our fingers crossed. My one co worker ended up with Covid so I ended up having to work overtime to help cover her shifts. Too bad it will all get taken by the government lol. Damn taxes hahaha. Well I’m just going to sit and read the news and enjoy my coffee before starting my day so hope everyone has a great day!
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW-253.4
    CW-255
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 223
    CW: 223
  • eagree
    eagree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 How do i help motivating while you're out? I'm happy to help. I could do this week, since @laurelfit57 can't? And any other week you need me. Just give me some direction on what to do to cover? Thank you for the reminder about BodyFit! I forgot I did a few of those and liked them! You and @Cornanda both recommended HasFit so I'll have to check that out too. And yes, @Cornanda I do like those Heather Robertson ones too- they are challenging!

@trooworld I was hooked on the Leslie Samsone ones for a while!!

Lately my 8 year old son has wanted to walk on the treadmill with me. Sometimes he walks in front of me which is very risky :# and sometimes we alternate and take turns. Last night we walked for over an hour while watching a movie together on the treadmill. It was sweet and it made the walking go by really fast! I'd rather walk outside than in my messy basement, but in the mid-west the weather gets pretty yucky. It's been very cold and rainy and overcast the past couple days. I was grateful I met my step goal for the first time in a week, and did it spending time with my boy!

We did our meal planning for the week- with the cold weather, we are in soup and stew season, which is fun!

• Katmary71
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Good luck with the marathon today!

@Laurelfit57 Yes being the motivator you reply to people and cheer them on, offer suggestions if asked. That would be wonderful if you're up for it! I'm fine if people share it. Oh no the Vannie instructor is an early bird, I can't do 6AM classes either, maybe workout at home but not go somewhere. Sounds like a fun day with the grandkids, how fun! Good thinking on the pizza too!

@Cornanda Thank you, I'm definitely ready for some improvement! He made sure to say it wouldn't take care of everything but helping the legs would be nice. How's your pup doing?

@trooworld Oh I hadn't thought of the chili being on pasta, that pic has a ton of delicious cheese too wow! I can see why it affected your weigh-in. Looks delicious though! Love the display!

@tammymccrady6278 Great job on the steps especially with a lot of rain! Sounds like you're having a great morning, I love those quiet slow ones at the start of the day.

@eagree With motivating you respond to posts and try to help people when they're having struggles, I'm still here this next week but my surgery is the week after that on the 23rd so that week and possibly the week after though after being in this group for almost 5 years I'm used to checking in every night so I'll hopefully be back right away. Our group IS real good at people helping each other which helps a lot. The BodyProject videos are good for cardio and body weight plus one of the instructors does low impact versions which helped me not being able to jump up and down. If you're ever looking for specific videos let me know, I've tried quite a bit. Another good strentgth training is Sidney Cummings https://www.youtube.com/@sydneycummingshoudyshell
This discussion has been closed.