Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The October Week 2 Group Challenge is ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Oct 8th. Please join us for the 7 Days 7 Minutes Challenge. Hope to see you in the chat thread!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10901066/october-week-2-group-challenge-7-days-7-minutes-challenge#latest

Jessica :smile:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That's awesome I'm glad you get that many people for the job fair, really it's ideal if a library is a "hub" in the area for the community. Thanks you have a great day too! Oh no I hope your feet feel better especially if you head to the zoo!

@txcritter69 What gorgeous photos I bet you didn't want to come home!

@865jessica Meal prepping is a great plan! A lot of the bloggers offer 7 day plans, I know skinnytaste does plus she has a meal planning book but most of it's free on her website. Thanks hope you have a great day too!

@laurelfit57 I'm fine if you jump back in since I miss you and you're part of our family! Were you still down as losing or maintenance? @trooworld and @broncobuddee would know better about that but I'm really happy to see you! I'd think you could officially come back next month but hang out for now if they agree. How are you doing?

Hi everyone! I'm really tired from the last few days but feel a little better than yesterday thank goodness. I did a light workout this morning then went to the garden club which is always fun. I brought home some kohlrabi seeds like I need more seeds but thought they'd be fun to grow. The woman I helped with her pots came, I knew she'd enjoy it plus the building is ADA friendly and she had a great time, I was happy to see her. Not much else going on, taking it easy today for the most part. Have a great Sunday and Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian members!
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 i miss you too! It had been a crazy summer/fall, definitely I am back to losing;). I see you are still working out and into gardening. A bit pooped this evening, made a good size perennial bed today and I am done:).
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Pop in

@txcritter69 - your pix are beautiful

@trooworld @Katmary71 - enjoying your library posts. I love libraries. I went to mine last weekend and found out you can check out binoculars or a telescope. They also have national park backpacks with activities in them for the kids to check out. I got so excited about this cool stuff (Nerd alert!)

@laurelfit57 - I was just thinking about you the other day- great to see you!

I succeeded in getting my 45 min of exercise in each day this week.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 @davidji82 @askewcr @vegan4lyfe2012 @elelja945 Congrats on the losses!

@txcritter69 I'm glad you had fun. Diesel looks like he's enjoying it, too! Cool pics, thanks for sharing.

@865jessica Congrats on the loss! Meal prepping always helps me a lot.

@laurelfit57 Good to "see" you! I'll let @broncobuddee answer this question. Welcome back!

@Katmary71 Yes! My feet are better now! Thanks. I'm glad you are doing a little better.

@Cornanda That's very cool. I wish I could tell you where I work but I don't want to identify too much about myself. But it's NOT a public library and it's NOT just a trade school library, it's also a research facility and it is very unique, one of the only types of this library in the world and it is the world's most comprehensive, largest of its type. I learn something new each day I go to work and I discover a book every day that I didn't know we had. It's so much fun! Congrats on your 45 mins of exercise each day, awesome job!

@19shmoo69 Same. Hang in there.

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! The U.S.'s is right around the corner and it always brings a lot of anxiety and joy at the same time for me. I had a good day yesterday: I went to the coffee shop in the morning and people watched and read, went to the park and read, at night my husband and I went to the zoo and walked around and then I came home and cooked Cincinnati chili. I had purposefully eaten light during the day so I could enjoy the chili guilt-free. I ended the day with 9,958 steps. Today, I am going to "adaptive yoga". I also have my "silent book club" which meets every Sunday via Zoom (we talk about books for an hour and then read whatever book we want for an hour). This will be my first time attending the meeting, I just joined.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps: 9,958 / 7,000

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    Options
    AJV2688 wrote: »
    Having a hard time keeping up with this and finding my previous posts, but I think last weigh in was 218 and today I’m 217. 10k steps all week, and 12k yesterday. I didn’t think I would lose any weight because I’ve been snacking more than I should.

Hi @AJV2688 you are in the right spot! It can be helpful to your team captains to put your weigh-in right at the top of your message separate from your text - like this:
    CW - 217

Then go on from there! Even if you don't remember your previous weight, just post the current one and they'll be able to spot it. Good job this week, despite the snacks!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @Katmary71 i miss you too! It had been a crazy summer/fall, definitely I am back to losing;). I see you are still working out and into gardening. A bit pooped this evening, made a good size perennial bed today and I am done:).

I'll put you back in right away! No problem - I'm sure the team is thrilled to have you back! Just post your preferred weigh-in day and current weight and you'll be right back at it.
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Sunday weigh in October 8

SW: 228
    PW: 207.4
    CW: 207.4

Just squeaked in with a hold steady. I’ll take it. This week I actually increased my variety of food over what I’ve been eating (recovering from a bout of c difficile bacterial infection for those who don’t know). So I had a couple days my weight bounced up a few pounds thanks to some more salt, more meat etc.

I need to find the balance that provides excellent nutrition, heals my gut and continues to promote healthy weight loss.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Spooky Fitness Challenge
    Daily steps: (8k push for 10k)

Oct 1, 12,172
    Oct 2, 14,989
    Oct 3, 13,337
    Oct 4, 11886
    Oct 5, 8,264
    Oct 6, 14,551
    Oct 7, 8,326
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 168.9
    CW: 167.4
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.2
    Oct.1: 218.8
    Oct.8: 221.6

Don’t know why I’m so up and down week to week.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

3hlzdgetxrw8.png
    hb374h8vg52f.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    qn6uxfq2rpxq.png

By Pounds
    f83o1zszo0bs.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    atcdpvo1l49q.png
    4wcn08fn45hx.png

By Pounds
    ztq22ihy4111.png

Team Winners
    xedvhmbcwdwo.png
  • steffibabiie
    steffibabiie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Spooky October Step Challenge
    Commitment: 6,500+ Steps per Day

Week One:
    Sunday 1st: 5,821
    Monday 2nd: 9,630
    Tuesday 3rd: 8,468
    Wednesday 4th: 10,272
    Thursday 5th: 8,639
    Friday 6th: 5,401
    Saturday 7th: 15,205

Way to go slimpossibles! Congrats to everyone who made the leaderboard for this week! @AJV2688 @badnoodle @crhillis And also to everyone who else who might not have made the leaderboard but still made progress in one way or another!

@badnoodle, hope you’re feeling better!
    @sleepygirl happy thanksgiving! Enjoy the pie and the autumn weather
    @txcritter69 gorgeous landscape, hope you had a fabulous time
    @micaroo4 you’re kicking butt with your steps!
    @cornanda congrats on the 45 minutes of exercise every day
    @trooworld wherever you work at sounds pretty amazing

I’ve been quiet but only because I’ve been busy. The leadup to Christmas always gets busy and then it gets quiet through December. Which is nice because it allows me to take some time off which is rare the rest of the year. We went shopping yesterday and I was shocked to see all of the Christmas stuff out already. It keeps feeling like it comes out earlier and earlier every year, and with it all the “holy crap the year’s almost over” anxiety. It was a struggle not to get all the cute decorations but my daughter was there to keep me in line 😅 Have a great week everyone!
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 211.6
    Today’s Weight: 212.6
This discussion has been closed.