Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,136 Member
edited October 2023 in Social Groups
dazindfalpz1.png
Here is your Team chat room for October 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @JaysFan82
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The October challenge runs for 4 weeks, from October 1 - 28. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is a little more than 1 yr old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. I recently joined the YMCA and love it.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. For exercise, I have been going to water aerobics and yoga classes. I also go for walks. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    Options
    DON'T FORGET, OUR NEW CHALLENGE OFFICIALLY STARTS TOMORROW!

q5p6umvldjul.png
  • eagree
    eagree Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Erica! I live in the Chicagoland area with my husband, 2 kids and 2 cat babies. I'm 41 and I've always strived to be healthier, and have lost and gained weight over the years. But over the past 3 years I had gained and was my heaviest. Over the past year I've started being really focused on losing the weight and staying pretty consistent, being mindful about what I'm eating and also being kind to myself and being more active. I was using Noom over the last year but I think I've used all the apps, eating styles and methods :) I've lost about 20 lbs and want to lose another 10. I could probably lose more than 10 but I want to be realistic and that will get me in a healthy BMI range. I'm giving myself until the end of this year, and then at whatever lowest weight I get to, I'm going to stop trying to lose and just work to maintain it and remain fit. I really love community and challenges, so I thought joining this would be a great boost for the last 10 lbs or more, if possible, to keep me inspired and motivated.

For exercise I like to walk, do fun youtube exercises like kickboxing or dancing. When I'm not working, I love to cook, read, play video games, and watch movies with my family.

Today my husband and I are cooking steak, fries and salad. And I'll be taking a walk, it's a beautiful day today. And will get some exercise tearing up the garden.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 - Happy Birthday!
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,151 Member
    Options
    Our October Week 1 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sun, Oct 1st. Please join us and the wonderful @Katmary71 birthday girl herself, for the Eat the Rainbow Challenge! Expand your nutritional goals with us! Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10900540/october-week-1-group-challenge-eat-the-rainbow/p1?new=1

Look forward to seeing you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :smile:
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    Hi Slimpossibles!

My name is Mica, and I live in southern New Hampshire on the seacoast. I live with my partner Rich and my cat Earl (Earl is my profile pic). I am 67 years old and I work part time as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. At my heaviest weight I was 220. I lost 90 pounds between 2001 and 2003, and I struggled with gaining and losing 50 pounds over the next 15 years, but I've been maintaining in my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130) since 2019. I do a "walk the year" challenge every year (walking 2023 miles in 2023, which is about 6 miles/day). My favorite exercise is riding a bicycle (outdoors) and my hobbies are birding and crochet. I have a lot of exercise equipment in my house so I am always able to maintain my workout schedule regardless of weather or season. I love these challenges because they keep me accountable!

-Mica
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 277
    C. W. 279
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    Yay October!

I'm bethanie0825. I'm 39 y/o and live in Central NC with my hubby, Max the doggo, and occasionally my step-son, who is a sophomore at UNC-Charlotte. I have about 100lbs to lose and did so well on saxenda till my insurance quit covering it. They cover it now but there's none to be found so I'm back to doing this on my own. I am a FT 911 dispatcher and PT grocery cart pusher. I'm giving the habit tracker a go this month :sweat_smile:

I'm on Fitbit - bethanieisbell@gmail.com
    Stridekick - bethanie0825

Welcome new peeps, I hope you find our little slice of the internet safe and uplifting.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- Wow that's a lot of walking, way to go.
    @micaroo4- I love your cat photo.
    @badnoodle- Congratulations on your weight loss this year.

Weigh in day- Saturday
    SW-284
    CW-255

Hi everyone, I'm Jessica and I live in East Tennessee with my husband, three sons and our cat Mr. Waffles. I started my weight loss journey in mid June and have lost almost 30 lbs so far. For exercise I enjoy walks in my neighborhood, youtube dance videos and resistance training with my bands. I had a health scare last year after surgery where I was put back in hospital with sepsis and several areas of infection. It took time to get rid of the infection and I really hated feeling so weak and sick. I knew I wanted to make changes in my life and start really living. So I started investing in my health and went to my first physical as an adult. I met with a NP who runs a weigh loss/lifestyle management program and she helped me with my goals for water intake, Carbs, and calories. I enjoy the support from this group and it's helping me stay focused an on track.
  • trooworld
    Options
    This starts today, who's ready???

56prvga948ao.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @elelja945 Welcome to the team!

@AJV2688 Great job with your steps on Friday!

@Digger61 Congrats on the loss!

@gemwolf110 Nice loss!

@eagree Congrats on your consistency and progress, that's awesome. Your dinner sounds really yummy. I love to read and cook as well. I very occasionally play video games with my husband. We love pet pictures here, so share if you feel like it. Enjoy your day!

@badnoodle Ooh I'd love to see pics of your toads! Congrats on your 80 lbs down. Great goals for October. I hope you feel better soon.

@txcritter69 That looks like a FUN birthday present! I can't wait to hear about your adventures. You have to post pics!

@865jessica Thank you! Great progress, Jessica. Mr Waffles! I love that name. I follow a pug on Instagram called "Waffles".

@Katmary71 I hope you are okay, you are really quiet!

Hi all. I am setting my Spooky Fitness Challenge goal to 7,000 steps a day. We are celebrating my birthday as well as my MIL's birthday this morning, although it's really all about my MIL. There will be quiche, mimosas, fried potatoes, salad, and fresh strawberry pie with homemade crust. It should be fun.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    October 1 weigh In Megnolia82

SW: 228
    PW: 209.4
    CW: 207.4

I was a little lower but then Saturday happened. I chose Sundays as my weigh in precisely to force myself to behave on Saturday lol. But I’ll take this 2lb for sure!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! And welcome to October!

I’ll try to give you myself in a nutshell :)

Hi, my name is Meg (hence the username).

I’m 41 with a 12 and 8 year old. Live on a farm in Southern Ontario and work full-time as a teacher.

The last time I was at a healthy weight was 2018. Since then I’ve gained more than 60 pounds for all the reasons we are all familiar with.

I’ve been doing really well this past month, totally cleaning up my diet. My family has given up Diet Coke, sweets and the weekly take-out habit we picked up over covid “to support local restaurants”. Some of those decisions were financially motivated since we booked a cruise for New Years :) others are in solidarity with my youngest who just got a palate expander and has a list of forbidden foods.

Anyway, I can’t wait for this month ahead. I’m excited to see where it takes us and excited to take this journey with all of you.
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW: 175
    PW: 169
    CW: 168.9
This discussion has been closed.