Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - OCTOBER 2023

Options

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Steps for Spooky October
    Oct 1: 14303

Today is better; I'm over 15K so far. Will update tomorrow.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda I see your exercise commitment, you got this!

@trooworld I remember the Haunted Mansion, I bet the holiday edition was awesome I haven't heard of that! I was freaked out by it as a kid, how dare this creepy man pop up in between my Mom and I, lol. Churros are so good, you did awesome with eating there! How funny thank you for thinking of my guy! I love how good you're doing at places it would be very easy to NOT do well like birthdays and Disneyworld, go you!

@steffibabiie Welcome to Onederland, woot woot! How fun your goal clothes mostly fit now, that's exciting!

@makanacapellocullen Woohoo, you're in the 200s, Twoland? Amazing job!

@askewcr Oh no I hope you're both feeling better soon!

@txcritter69 Great steps and on your birthday, happy official birthday!

@865jessica What a great shot, so beautiful!

@DaveJ_43 We're happy you're part of the team now! If there's anything we can do to support you please let us know. Also there's a group challenge every week in the general area above all the team chats if that interests you, this week it's an eating the rainbow challenge.

@micaroo4 Awesome steps for the last two days!

Happy Monday friends! Took it easy today aside of a quick trip to the bank and to fill my tank up since gas has gone so far up and I wanted to fill my tank before it went up to $6/gallon, almost there again. Got bills paid and worked out, next up is straightening up and watering. Have a great Tuesday! I'm helping put signs up at the farm tomorrow, there's a bunch of cute painted signs with types of veggies on them and the manager asked if I minded identifying them if someone else hammers them in. I have the pain clinic late tomorrow so I can't go to the farm for long but that sounds easy enough.
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday to everyone having their special day recently.

Congratulations to our leaderboard makers and everyone here, loss or gain, being here deserves to be celebrated.

October Steps Challenge
    1. 14,862
    2. 8,374
    My goal is to purposefully get up and move.
    I’m also in a 15k a day challenge, 1
    October 100 mile and mfp is set to 10k. But I still just want to make an effort to get up, walk and enjoy the process with no pressure.

@trooworld those Disney steps were great! I need a Disney trip 🤩

@micaroo4 you are amazing with your mileage daily 🏃🏼‍♀️. Please tell me how you do it? What’s your day look like to get so many steps in? Shauna also does well and we know she does a lot of hiking. Are you climbing mountains? 😊

In Istanbul the weather is great for walking everywhere but here in the hotter climate, it’s not possible. So I take advantage of my months there. Glad I am going back soon.

@Katmary71 I hope pain clinic goes well. Identifying signs sounds like a fun job to do.

@steffibabiie Congrats on onderland!

@Cornanda you’re doing great 😊

@askewcr get well soon 💐

I woke up to another gain today. I was wore down yesterday and took 2 naps. Woke up to a blood sugar drop. Thankfully my daughter was around to get me something to bring it up. So my body has something going on. I wonder if it could be the weaning off the medication. Did I come back with my nuero endocrinologist results? Meds didn’t take the tumor away but fixed my hormone levels. So I can stop those as long as no return pf symptoms. Now I want another opinion on this tumor in my noggin. So I may be going through some ups and downs during this weaning process. We shall see. BUT…I will continue on my plan and keep going.

Have a beautiful day.
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hey,
    I'm Sleepygirl and come by the name honestly. My kids say my favorite thing to do is sleep. haha! I do like to stay up late though and that usually comes with a price the next day. I used to have severe anemia and I think that's where it all started. I work full-time and drive rurally everyday for my job. I like the change of scenery though. I have 2 boys (15 and 9) who keep me busy, as well as my bonus child, my husband :wink: Also have a Golden Retriever who can't miss his daily walk even in the rain or -50 degree weather. I'm on a mission to get out of the 200's, but do need to be a bit more self-disciplined (i.e, I like cookies). Day by day I go!
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79 I like naps to and I also stay up late. I don't know where that started, though, Lol, I think it's hereditary, my mom has always been a napper.

Welcome to all the new people.

Hi all,

My name is Anna and I'm 57 (almost 58 on the 15th), married with 4 adult children, 1 "adopted" (not legally) adult child. I have 11 grandchildren ages ranging from 2-19 yrs. One dog, lol, my best buddy, his name is Chipper. He's always so happy hence the name Chipper. I also have 3 feral cats.

I haven't always struggled with my weight until about 2007. Since, then I've been on many yoyo fad diets and the struggle is real. My biggest problem is I do really well for awhile, then I don't. I'm on "Golo" now and I really like the food, so I'm hoping this will last. Results have been slow, but there is result.

My October goal is to get up at or close to 8:30 am. No judging......

@Katmary71 HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!

6y65werc0o45.gif

Have a great evening!!

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Steps for Spooky October
    Oct 1: 16043 (corrected total from Monday - I had not synced my Fitbit!)
    Oct 2: 16349

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    OMG @19shmoo69 - your intro! Luckily I did not spit out my coffee while laughing.

Yesterday DH asked if I told you all how awesome he is- he IS aweseome!

Got my 45 min of exercise in yesterday- Had to cheat a little on day one and count playing ball with Gus as exercise. He loves to get the ball, but not bring it back. So walking and running is involved! The key to making this goal is to get off the couch earlier in the am, which I need to do Right Now!

Have a great Tuesday all!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @askewcr I hope it's a mild case and you both feel better soon. Hugs.

@txcritter69 Great job! Thank you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I think 5 lbs off permanently is great progress, congrats on that.

@865jessica Oh that's so cool! We live on a canyon and see/hear hawks flying over it all the time.

@19shmoo69 LOL! So imaginative, you are. :D

@DaveJ_43 Congrats on the loss! Welcome back!

@micaroo4 Great job, Mica!

@steffibabiie I'm glad you had a good weekend. A platypus! They always look so prehistoric to me. What a nice thing to hear, what your partner said.

@Katmary71 They have the Haunted Mansion decorated as Nightmare Before Christmas right now until January, I believe. It's a lot of fun! Thank you! Gas is around $6.49 a gallon here, I hate it. I hope the pain clinic goes well.

@AmbersWay Great steps! Thank you, it was a lot of fun and a lot of steps lol. I wish you luck with the medical stuff, I hope they can figure it out.

@Cornanda Thank you for the fall picture lol. That's about how it is here, too. I'm glad you have an awesome DH. We all deserve to have awesome partners! I have one, too. :D Yay for your 45!!!

Hi all. Well, I had hoped to catch up on my steps yesterday but that did not happen: I seem to have picked up a bug at Disneyland. This is no surprise as I was rubbing my eyes all day (itchy eyes due to allergies) after touching handrails etc. So I came home sick for half a day yesterday and will likely stay home today. I don't have high hopes for my step count today.

Steps for yesterday: 5,454 / 7,000

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Spooky Fitness Challenge
    Daily steps: (8k push for 10k)

Oct 1, 12,172
    Oct 2, 14,989
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @sleepygirl79-I've always loved sleeping and taking naps.
    @txcritter69- Awesome step count.
    @trooworld- Oh no! I hate coming back from a fun trip and being sick.
    @Cornanda- Playing with your dog definitely counts as cardio.
    @micaroo4- Wow that is some serious walking.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,620 Member
    Options
    @AmbersWay Hm I think both the second opinion and some researching into seeing if the medication withdrawal could cause blood sugar issues but sounds like if it can affect cortisol it may. It could always be increased stress too. Hope you have a beautiful day too!

@sleepygirl79 How close are you to being out of the 200s? I can't wait for that for you, I honestly couldn't believe I'd done it for awhile after I'd done so.

@DrewsAnna Thank you, LOL love that meme, I can't pick a favorite between the “thriller” cat, DJ, and the wild one who looks like he's being robbed on the back left! I'm so glad GOLO is going well for you.

@micaroo4 Is leaving smoke behind with those steps, woot woot!

@Cornanda Oh my gosh I forgot to take fall pics! That's a great one! Aw I'm glad to hear your husband is an awesome one! Great job on the exercise yesterday!

@trooworld Ouch what happened to the possible gas tax decrease that was mentioned??? I hate it too! Well shoot I hope you feel better fast, how frustrating!

@txcritter69 Great steps! Thank you! Enjoy your test run, don't forget to snap some fall pics if you get the chance! I'm sorry to hear about the rain Thursday, I hope it doesn't make your trip too difficult.

@tammymccrady6278 Wow you got a lot done, I always feel proud after the floors are done! Enjoy the nice weather, I know your pups will! I know being able to say “I feel great and have been true to myself with all my activities and food intake” is awesome, that should be on all of our mirrors so we have great days, love it.

@FushiaKat Oh no I hope you're feeling better soon, those stupid rib muscles can hurt pretty bad. I always feel dramatic saying it only hurts when I breathe, lol. Yikes palm trees sound like my oak trees popping up everywhere here. Yay you're almost at a year of maintenance, congratulations Kat you're rocking it!

@19shmoo69 That beach is beautiful. Have you been to Alaska? It's pretty but cold! A woman at the food bank farm is from Thailand and she was saying from there she moved to Alaska and had no clue there were warm places like California in America and once she visited she was excited to move. It IS really beautiful there though, I went about 6 years ago on a cruise.

Hi friends! Day seemed super long because I was up late but most of it was good. I worked out and went to the farm this morning to help with the signs and the manager said he was planning to cut down the sunflowers so I collected as many as I could in a bucket and brought them home to harvest. He need to look into the kinds they are so I can research the genetics and strains involved to see if they're worth replanting, I want the bigger pretty ones for the farm and home. There's a farm-to-fork dinner there on Friday night so we're getting it prettied up though I'm not going. The pain clinic was this afternoon, I'm doing better since the two weeks of steroids but need my medication refills. My surgeon appointment was moved up to next week. Not much else, rainbowed and Squatobered today too. Have a great Wednesday!
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71 no I've never been to Alaska. I've been to California once but it was more driving than visiting. We've been to Florida. But nowadays everything is so expensive and I'm too broke. Lol
This discussion has been closed.