Options
    149.4 YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! yattasmiley.gif

Now to keep it going in that direction.

today

out of overnight oats...

thinking brothy noodle soup for breakfast overnight oats
    carrot/apple juice
    rice/tofu/veggie stir-fry

Lara bar - 3-4 pm is my absolute worst time at work...I bought the bars off Amazon...I thought they were reasonable...$12.45 for 18. Some kind of coupon.
    Home for Greek Style Kite Hill Yogurt and pineapple.
    Living life simply and deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee liciously! kvasthexa.gif

ETA: went ahead and made overnight oats for today's breakfast...won't be eating for several hours, so it will be fine. Keeps the "hungries" away.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! Congrats, Nanc!! All of your hard work and dedication paying off & getting there the healthy way!

Mihani, I got very good at making Better-Than-Lara bars. I cannot be trusted. I often rely on not having ingredients in the house to avoid binging, but when all it takes is cashews and dates I am in trouble. I have probably 10 lbs of each in the cupboard. But, since you are the queen of control, you can definitely save money and have a nice treat. (fewer dates than Lara bars is nice)

Food yesterday wasn't great, but I did 4.2 miles on the treadmill. Planning for both good food and a good workout today.

• Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,509 Member
    Options
    liv58o487zj5.jpg
  • Mihani
    Mihani Posts: 3,962 Member
    Options
    Yay, Nanc!!!!!!!!! So happy for you and you've worked hard and been consistent. Woot! Thanks for the tip, I'll take a look at amazon for lara bars if I don't make my own.

Carla, I think I'll try the not-lara-bars this weekend since my falafel plans fell through.

Excellent walking habits lately, yay you!

I had a rough day although overall this week didn't suck. I am going to eat a pita and chill for the evening. The store-bought vegan tzatziki sauce is really good. I used it last night in a pita stuffed with salad mix lettuce and red onion. Nom!

• Mihani
    Options
    Plan for today... not much honestly. Need to do laundry and some work. Getting back to mindfulness practice starting tonight. I've really let that slide the past several months. I feel so much better when I take just 15 or 20 minutes before bedtime to do some yoga and meditation.

Slept in and haven't even had breakfast yet. Thinking of some oat pancakes. I am not making my usual batch of greens and beans this weekend and going to rely on smoothies and salads for my greens. I have a lot of frozen veggies that I need to start using up, and got potatoes to bake, plus I have plenty of canned beans to throw in my salads.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    fdf3thymdew8.jpg
  • Carla_wfpb
    Options
    21+ miles on the TM for the week! Taking tomorrow off. Might do some yoga if I can talk myself into it.

Yesterday's garbanzo bean curry went great with the tzatziki which is very close to raita when the fresh herbs aren't added. Repeat today.

I had a mug cake for dessert last night and regretted it. Tonight I'm making 'caramel' out of cashews, dates, almond butter, touch of salt & some vanilla extract and putting that on an apple.

I think that same mix might might be good stuffed inside a cored apple and baked.
  • magic71755
    magic71755 Posts: 3,826 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    flederkatttf.gifflederkatttf.gifflederkatttf.gif

Today...

coffee
    Amy's plant-based bean burrito
    brothy noodle soup with spinach and gochujang
    carrot/apple juice
    Gardein burger & ketchup, baked potato, green beans and apple sauce
    pineapple and yogurt
    living life deeeeeeeeeeeee liciously! octoberfest2.gif
  • magic71755
    Options
    UP and AT EM! witchyshoesmiley.gifwitchyshoesmiley.gifwitchyshoesmiley.gif

Lots to do around the house today...so that's where you'll find me.

Working Out Of My Freezer and Pantry...lots of packaged meals left over from when I had knee replacement...using everything up!

coffee
    just egg frozen
    carrot/apple juice
    hamburger (gardein) with LTO on Dave's killer bread bun with ketchup

Spoke to the bank yesterday, and set up a payment plan to have my home paid off by Dec 1, 2028. I am going to try for earlier than that. THAT makes me really excited...more so than that stupid patio enclosure. Plus I have a bit of money tucked away to do some improvement INSIDE the home without HOA getting involved. Now, I have new life energy...goldstar.gifgoldstar.gifgoldstar.gif

Life IS so deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelicious!

• Mihani
    Options
    Nanc, awesome plan. I'm doing the same, trying to make sure everything is paid off before I retire. And I'm also working on getting rid of food sitting in the freezer this week. I am not making my usual greens and beans so I can use up some of the frozen veggies.

I way overslept this morning. It was like 9:30 before I got up. My own fault because I took a long nap yesterday and didn't get to bed until after midnight. Tonight I'll make sure I get to bed on time and get back on schedule.

Did about 10 minutes of yoga and mediation last night. I think I'd like to try for 10 minutes in the mornings and 20 minutes at night. Plus at least a mile walking outside or on the treadmill daily.

I have laundry going and potatoes in the oven. Once that is done I'll head up to my desk and get work done the rest of the day, but I'll take some time to hit the treadmill as well. It takes no time to do a mile and I just gotta do it!

Decided to cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and sprinkle with no salt seasoning before baking. I like the crispy browned surface sometimes instead of plain baked potatoes.

So the plan for the week is smoothies for breakfast, potato with cooked frozen veggies and maybe beans for lunch, big ol' salads with beans added for dinner. Plus fruit. I have apples and cantaloupe, plus frozen berries. Oh yeah, I need to cut up the cantaloupe yet. Off to do that.

• Marilynsretired
    Options
    v1kkxqfn7ddg.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Mornin' All,

Yesterday was a good and bad day. I got some stuff done around here, did a little over a mile on the treadmill and got in 20 minutes of yoga and mediation at bedtime. Bad part is I only got about 2 hours of work in. Just wasn't feeling it as they say. So I'll regret that later but I enjoyed mostly ignoring it for a day.

Plan for today...
    B - smoothie with power greens, frozen mixed berries, few slices of frozen banana, chia/flax, a sprinkle of oats... also got some goji berries last month that I forgot about so I'll add a few of those and a couple walnut halves and cinnamon
    L - baked potato, cauliflower/broccoli, baked beans, cantaloupe and grapes
    D - atoria wrap with lettuce, roasted mini peppers, red onion, tzatziki, maybe some more fruit

I always forget to add that I have 1 or 2 cups of coffee in the mornings, and drink green or herbal tea throughout the day at work. I don't seem to tolerate caffeine as well as I used to so I keep it pretty limited.

• magic71755
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Your menu sounds yum, Mihani!

Today...working on no sleep. I rearranged the living room yesterday...and LOVE IT...it seems when I do that, I get all keyed up and never sleep well...so today is just do some laundry and make the best of it until I get in a good nap.

coffee
    vegan tamales (from my Natural Grocer)
    air popcorn
    gardein burger
    steamed broc with a side of mashed potatoes with spinach mixed in... Ezekiel large tortilla/burrito...using FF TJ's refried beans, jasmine rice and onions on a bed of shredded lettuce
    carrot/apple juice
    cuties

living life deeeeeeeeee liciously!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    1vtnvet1k4w1.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hope you got some better sleep last night, Nanc.

I was so tired last night I didn't do the treadmill or anything just went to bed and then I overslept this morning! Hoping I'll feel a lot better and more energetic today.

Plan for menu same as yesterday.
  • magic71755
    edited October 2023
    Options
    up at 3...but slept better...smileys not working...darn it anyway...she has the best holiday ones, too. POOP!

Hope your day gets better, Mihani! <3

coffee
    brothy soup with spinach
    carrot/apple juice
    burger
    cuties
    lara bar
    pineapple and yogurt

the end.

Looking forward to lunch! I love those little Gardein burgers...I just do. Living life deeeeeeeeeeliciously!
  • Marilynsretired
    Options
    4rgllgrp69tl.jpg
  • Mihani
    Options
    Hi all, I'm feeling kind of down so I banned myself from news for a couple days. I am going to hit the treadmill and do my mindfulness practice like I'm supposed to do. Stuck to plan today.

• magic71755
    Options
    Sending you hugs, Mihani!

Today...

coffee
    baked potato
    carrot/apple juice
    Gardein burger on Dave's Killer bun
    brothy noodle soup with spinach
    pineapple and yogurt

making today delicious!

• Carla_wfpb
    Options
    I've had to take a pause on the news too, Mihani. Hang in there. *hugs*

I've had a few bad headaches which means my food hasn't been good enough, and my ear infection/issue is coming and going.

Instead of not walking on the TM, I'm going for half as long. 2 miles per day. Just need to keep going with the habit, I can walk longer when I'm feeling up to it. I'm working on changing my all or nothing attitude which gets me nowhere.

I bought a pumpkin spice nutpod creamer because I've been having pumpkin spice latte cravings. There's no sugar so I don't feel bad about having it for a treat. I'm not sure what they have for the winter holidays but I will be on the lookout.