SHOCKtober 2023!

Options
CeeBeeSlim
CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
C’mon Not-So-Heavies! With just 12 weeks to the end of the year, let’s SHOCK and surprise ourselves as to how much we can accomplish this month! I’m in! You?!?!

Replies

• Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Im in!

Goals for October:
    -lose 5lbs (CW:164)
    -run 20miles (Current 1.8mi)
    -drink 48oz/day 25/31days (Currently 3/4days)
    -spend 600minutes exercising (Currently 40min)
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Kitri2020 Great! I like that you added in your baseline!

For me -

1) Lose 5 lbs - current 127
    2) 10k steps daily minimum (current 6-10)
    3) 64 oz water
    4) complete Caroline Girvan series
    5) increase fruit/veg intake
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    Checkin in for another week. I didn’t make much progress at all. I havnt been drinking enough water, or exercising other than a couple walks. Been feeling down this last week but I feel abit better so gonna get myself out for a run today and focus on that water intake or im not gonna meet my goal.

Goal progress:
    -lose 5lbs (164->163.6lbs)
    -run 20mi (1.8mi)
    -drink 48oz/day 25/31days (3/4->5/9)
    -spend 600minutes exercising (40->80min)
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Thank you for starting the thread @CeeBeeSlim !

I'm a bit in limbo... I feel like I could easily slide into eating everything mode, and I find it very difficult to stay motivated. Still logging, still trying though...

• Cora0477
    Cora0477 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

10/11: 138.2

Goals for this month: exercise 5 days a week and eat reasonable portions of nutritious food. And because I was inspired by you guys, drink more water. Water is mostly what I drink, but I always forget how much of it I need to drink.

Last couple of weeks were a little in the weeds. I had to take last week off from running because my IT band was too tight and hurting my knee. I’m back at it this week and stretching more. So far so good. I have finally managed to make headway on strength training. That feels really good! I’ve been bloated from not being as careful with my diet last week, but it’s coming down. I have an event next Saturday that I want to look my best for, so I’m going to try to be careful at least until then.

@Antiopelle It’s funny, I was listening to Ed Sheeran’s song while reading your note and feeling like I relate! Sometimes, for me, progress is not going too far backwards 😁
    “I’m trying to feel amazing,
    but I can’t get out of my way.
    I wish I could feel amazing,
    but this is all that I can feel today.”

• Kitri2020
    edited October 2023
    Options
    As this week comes to a close, i’m adding up my progress.

Goal progress:
    -lose 5lbs (164->162.2lbs)
    -run 20mi (1.8mi->4.6mi)
    -drink 48oz/day 25/31days (5/9->10/16)
    -spend 600minutes exercising (80->238min)

To meet my water goal, i cant miss any more days… which is definitely not very likely considering my track record so far. I have been drinking more than i used to though so that is improvement. I spend a lot of time exercising this week, but i could have gotten more running in. Maybe a little behind in weight loss but im doing fine. Ive been fighting the stress eating… trying not to let it get the better of me.
  • Antiopelle
    Antiopelle Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    @Cora0477: that is very well said! Funny that you are better at wording my own feelings, ha !

As for my status quo: it really is just that. My weight is a bit down, but probably just some water getting off. Both hubby and I are dead tired. So many things left to do before leaving on holiday, both work and private. Three of my closest colleagues are coping with serious grief / serious life events and it is rubbing off on work, and I am the one picking up the tasks. So anyways ... still two weeks to go and then I'm off for the great adventure.

Keep up the good work ladies and enjoy fall colours and smells if you can !
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

10/19: 137.8

I probably haven’t drunk as much water as I should have, but I have drunk more. And more is better than less. I haven’t been perfect with my diet, but not too bad. I missed a run last week. I’m on track for exercise this week, but we leave for the airport at 11am tomorrow and I’m nervous that I won’t be motivated to get my run in before we leave. I have the time if I have the will power to get moving early enough, but we will see!

I wish I would have behaved better the last couple of weeks because this event is a once in a lifetime thing for our family and the photos will be hanging around for the rest of our life and I feel just a little lumpy in my dress. On the bright side though, my butt is starting to shape up nicely from my exercise! And I can feel myself getting stronger and having more endurance. I know the toning will follow. Eventually.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    I’m .2 pounds away for my “scary” weight - so I’m back at it. Not sure why just been off the rails. Maybe I do know why. Been home (MY home - not my parents) - so it’s been blissful and let myself get carried away. Strangely - I don’t feel guilty - I’m back at my parents - took them back and arrived late yesterday) and back at it this morning. I told myself I will not let myself get to the end of the year still wishing for some weight loss. It’s ON!

Weight - 129.8 - Goal - 64 oz water. 10k steps.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Haha! Dang! I was hoping I didn’t post my weight yesterday but I’m here and ashamed 🤪🤪- well, not really. I should’ve expected a weight gain yesterday given my mom’s birthday and all that entails.

64 oz plus water
    5244 steps.

Gulp. Better day today I’m sure.

Happy Sunday Everyone.

• CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Morning Monday!

Weight - 130.8 (down .6)
    64 oz plus water
    10k plus steps.
    Did an old school Reebok step video with my niece. Great fun.

So all in all satisfied with yesterday.

I’m trying to also stop eating past 8pm. That didn’t happen yesterday. I feel like I’ll get an extra oomph once I see 120 anything - even if 129.9.

Continuing Caroline Girvan Iron series today!
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I feel you on being motivated by a certain weight. Ive been going backward… i keep hoping ill see 150s but its always 160s.

Goal progress:
    -lose 5lbs (162.2lbs->163lbs)
    -run 20mi (4.6mi->8.15mi)
    -drink 48oz/day 25/31days (lost track…)
    -spend 600minutes exercising (238min->283min)

Havnt really been keeping track of the water intake but i have been making sure my glass is filled throughout the day. I havnt exercised much, just two runs. Been kind of down, trying to catch up on sleep since my mom is helping out with the baby this last week, but also she makes treats for me while she visits and i cant say no! I blame the sweet brownies and poppyseed cakes for my weight gain.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Kitri2020 Sorry to hear you’ve been kinda down and I hear ya on the parents cooking. I have no idea what my dad puts in his meals and it’s hard for me to say no because he’s so proud of being the cook, and this is his way of saying “thanks” for helping with my mom.

I’m sure we can get it together.

130.6 today - same as yesterday
    Exercise - 30 min Caroline Girvan (weights); 30 min Move with Nicole (Pilates); 30 min treadmill
    Calories - ??
    Steps - 11k plus
    Water - 64 oz plus

Sore today. And still doing a lil snacking towards bedtime. Didnt track yesterday well. Had a bunch of calf cramps during the night?? I thought the extra hydration would help. 🧐🧐
  • Kitri2020
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim i had an occasional calf cramping episode at night while i was pregnant. While thats not an uncommon symptom of pregnancy, I found that making sure i had enough water, potassium and magnesium reduced the frequency. I ate a banana a day and took a magnesium supplement. I also drank electrolytes.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    @Kitri2020 Thanks for the tip. Will add the electrolytes. No cramping last night - thank goodness.

10k steps plus
    Calorie goal met
    Pilates video, CG workout
    Water goal met

Core and arms are sore. Core soreness must be the Pilates - but I like it first thing in the morning.

Happy Hump Day, Pals!
  • Cora0477
    Options
    5’4” 47 y/o

10/19: 137.8
    10/25: 136.8

I’ve done well with exercise. Traveling threw my diet off a little, but not too badly. The salty snacks on the plane did make my face bloated in all the photos, so that was awesome 🙄 But the day before we left my husband gave an unsolicited comment that he noticed I’ve lost a little weight. I’ll take progress!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss @Cora0477!

Weight - 128.8 (psychological boost since I’m back in the 120’s)
    Water - didn’t meet goal
    Calories - under but still snacking after 8pm.
    Workout - CG video
    Steps - 10k plus

Slow but getting there.
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    This is off topic, but I think I need some help here. My husband just admitted to me yesterday that he was depressed. As first time parents, I know it’s not unusual, but I’m kind of at a loss at to what I can do for him that im not already doing. Have any of you experienced this? Our relationship otherwise is good, but i think we are a little disconnected. We cant really get out without bringing our baby. I feel like we need time just for us, but then again, when we did have someone to babysit, and we spent time together, he was still showing signs of depression.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    So sorry to hear, @Kitri2020. I don’t have kids so U can’t be as helpful as the others may be.

Did he seem fine before the baby’s arrival? Would you have noticed something was off with him if he hadn’t said anything? And does he say why? (Financial pressures, “sharing” you with baby…?”

Hope you both get the help you need!

• Kitri2020
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I can’t be 100%, but I think he was fine before the baby. I have been noticing he was off for a few weeks and definitely knew he wasn’t always happy before he mentioned depression. He said he didn’t want to talk about it so I don’t know why. I do feel like it has to do with our lifestyle being away from family and friends and nothing really to do here (he did mention he wanted to go hunting a few times but not sure if thats a cause or a coping activity).