Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Yay on the win, congratulations! The Christmas room should be a fun one for your next challenge, you're awesome at designing these rooms. Your entire post was so inspiring, I hope you don't mind if I borrow “the food is not going anywhere” for myself to learn from! This time of year is tough for sure. When you don't eat nuts do you crave them less? I love nuts too but that out-of-control feeling for me is with sugar and simple carbs.

@trooworld I think getting customer service involved is definitely needed, a walking pad should be safe to walk on for crying out loud. You're doing great on handling everything right now, so glad you recognized anxiety was in the mix too and your medication helped.

@laurelfit57 Oh no take good care of yourself, hope you're feeling better and back to walking Vannie soon!

Hi gang, I was good with mindfulness not having anything on while eating. Did my walks and PT 2xs. It's raining which I've felt coming in the last two days but despite not feeling well it's better than how I am with rain prior to surgery. I'm going to a “Friendsgiving” tomorrow with the charity president in my town, should be fun but I don't have anything dressy to wear. I hope everyone's doing well it's been quiet lately. Have a great Thursday friends! Just realized from @trooworld 's post that I need to download an app to count my steps, I'm walking for 30 minutes a day so may be time to find an app to track on my phone.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat - Congratulations!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone,

As you can tell from my lack of engagement this month I’ve been struggling a little bit. I’m in a weird place - I have been eating more foods lately but this past week I’ve had some gastrointestinal symptoms I haven’t had in awhile so I’m balancing the line between panic my infection has returned, and attempting to pinpoint food intolerances. I think my bad visit with the gastroenterologist was the start of a downward trend where I’ve eaten worse and worse.

I’ve also been putting weight on. I absolutely cannot go back to my old habits. Time to clean it up for my weight and for my gut. Sigh.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 Oh dear, I'm so sorry! I'm glad you are on the road to recovery now.

@Katmary71 Yes! Thank you. Sometimes I have a hard time pinpointing what is going on with me so I'm really glad I figured it out pretty quickly. That's great you are doing well with mindfulness. It rained down here as well. Do you need to dress up for the "Friendsgiving"? I hope you have fun. I don't know what kind of phone you have, but Samsung phones have a step counter built in through Samsung Health or Samsung Fit.

@megnolia82 I'm sorry you are struggling. Is there anything we can do to help you? Hugs.

Hi all. It has been rather quiet around here. I don't know if people are worried about the food Super Bowl that is coming up (Thanksgiving day) or just struggling. If there is anything we can do to help, please let us know. As for me, I am still struggling with anxiety and depression a bit but it's a bit better. It really helped to make a list, I think. It's supposed to rain all the rest of this week. It started yesterday.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 8 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • broncobuddee
    broncobuddee Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    trooworld's reference to "food super bowl" reminded of an old post I saved from an MFP forum years ago about Thanksgiving moderation. Maybe this will help someone. Point #3 always sticks with me.

---

You can be somewhat true to both -- the tradition of a celebratory feast and your commitment to eat right. The choices aren't between no control and tight control -- you can choose a middle path.

For me, I'm counting calories, but I don't want to put myself thousands of calories behind.

* I'm going heavier on the vegetables and lean turkey (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to have some of the homemade stuffing (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to pass on the cheap store-bought stuff I can always have (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to have a piece of pie (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to eat slowly and mindfully, making a mental memory of the special tastes and feelings and smells (honor the diet and the feast)
    * I'm going to keep my first portions smaller (honor the diet) because I plan to have seconds of something when the rest of the table starts to have seconds (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to take quick pictures of my plates so I can log them later (honor the diet)
    * I'm not going to try to find and enter each item on my plate at the dinner table (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to take a walk after dinner (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to remember that this feast is about the tradition of thanksgiving and appreciation of the people and circumstances of our lives (honor the feast)

---
    5mpr64rc16g4.jpg
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat- Congratulations on winning your Halloween room contest. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with your Christmas room. Do you decorate rooms for Easter and other holidays too? I love all the creativity from y'all. @micaroo4 's holiday gnomes, @BodyTalking 's ornaments. I want to start a craft. I have a lot of spare time and can really use a new hobby.
    @broncobuddee -
    You can be somewhat true to both -- the tradition of a celebratory feast and your commitment to eat right. The choices aren't between no control and tight control -- you can choose a middle path.

For me, I'm counting calories, but I don't want to put myself thousands of calories behind.

* I'm going heavier on the vegetables and lean turkey (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to have some of the homemade stuffing (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to pass on the cheap store-bought stuff I can always have (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to have a piece of pie (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to eat slowly and mindfully, making a mental memory of the special tastes and feelings and smells (honor the diet and the feast)
    * I'm going to keep my first portions smaller (honor the diet) because I plan to have seconds of something when the rest of the table starts to have seconds (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to take quick pictures of my plates so I can log them later (honor the diet)
    * I'm not going to try to find and enter each item on my plate at the dinner table (honor the feast)
    * I'm going to take a walk after dinner (honor the diet)
    * I'm going to remember that this feast is about the tradition of thanksgiving and appreciation of the people and circumstances of our lives (honor the feast)
    I'd love to use this for my Thanksgiving day. Just not sure what that is yet. I feel heavy-hearted. I'm not sure if this feeling will ever go away. Ten years ago in mid December, I lost my first husband, and along with him went all our holiday traditions. Since he's been gone nothing has ever been the same. I tried to start new traditions but it's so hard. I just want my old life back. You would think after all this time and with a new husband I'd be able to let go and move on. Sometimes I just feel so alone. So I'm trying to put my focus on eating right and getting a good hard workout. Maybe that will help get my mind off of everything. Then, on top of all those emotions. My husband is working 7/12's again. His son was arrested with a DUI and we're going to rescue him. We get to pay for bail, getting his car out of impound and lawyer fees. So now I ask myself, do I want to go lay down and sleep or workout again.
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @megnolia82 Oh no, hopefully it’s upset from not eating well, I hope your infection is gone for good. You could “trick” yourself and think you’ll eat stuff you don’t think you have issues with for a “few” days and keep going. Thanksgiving next week is interfering with my getting back on track. Good luck you got this, I hope things calm down soon.

@trooworld I hope I don’t have to dress up, I’m just wearing black jeans and a sweater! I was looking for the step counter on my phone, I think I deleted it so I’ll have to download one which is no big deal. Thanks for the reminder! So glad the list helped you, that’s a great turnaround on figuring out what’s going on and improving it. I second us being here for everyone that would like to talk.

@broncobuddee Great reminder of things to remember and right before my Friendsgiving tonight, thank you those are very helpful!

@Veta2018 Hugs my friend, I’m sorry to hear about your husband’s son. That’s hard with traditions from before, are there any you could incorporate into your current holidays without stepping on your husband’s toes? Holidays are tough with memories, we’re always a click away if you want to talk and we’re in your corner.

Hi everyone! Worn out today but had PT this morning then did my walk. I’m not feeling totally up for the Friendsgiving tonight but am taking my own car now in case I have to leave. We have a bigger storm coming this weekend and I’m guessing that’s why. Not much else going on, have a great Friday!
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179.6
    CW: 179
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 233.6
    CW: 232.8

• trooworld
    Options
    @broncobuddee I love this, thank you for posting! re: point #3...the past few weeks, I've made one or two of my favorite Thanksgiving sides to try to tamp down the excitement of Thanksgiving. I'm hoping I won't eat as much of these items on T-Day, if we have it.

@19shmoo69 That's my favorite part of the show!

@Veta2018 I'm so very sorry that the holidays bring heavy-hearted feelings. You have the right to feel that way. It sounds like you are going through a lot...please be sure to take care of yourself. HUGS.

@Katmary71 That sounds perfect. I'm glad you have an escape plan for Friendsgiving.

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss, yeah!

Hi all. My BIL might have to go back into the hospital (he's been in and out for several years now) and when that happens, everything sort of falls by the wayside. That's going to include holiday plans. We'll see what happens but for now, we aren't making Thanksgiving plans or shopping for the day. If we have a dinner, it will be very last minute.

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 7 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Oh no sending prayers to your BIL, hope he's feeling better soon.

This is the quietest I think I've ever seen this group, if anyone needs to talk we're here for you, you're welcome to contact us privately as well.

Worn out today, storm's coming in tomorrow and I'm feelin it. Did my 30 minutes walking and 2 rounds of PT. My nephew texted that he's volunteering at the farm tomorrow for his school community service hours. I'd planned to go to drop off all the buckwheat and buckets but may stick around a bit to keep an eye on him, it's supposed to rain which hopefully won't happen until after volunteer hours. I want to go to the farmer's market but probably won't be up for both. Did good with mindfulness for lunch but not so hot with dinner.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 131.4
    CW: 130.8
  • gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    Username: gemwolf110
    Weigh in day: Sat
    Previous Week's weight: 209
    Today’s Weight: 210.4
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in Day- Saturday
    PW-246.6
    CW-244.4

This time of year is busy but I feel this week I've done better with focusing on what I eat and slowing down and enjoying my food. I went for a walk with a friend and it was great we did three miles (which is my longest walk) and it went by quickly. Hope everyone is doing well.
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 257
    CW: 257.5
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Thank you. He's had very serious/life-threatening health problems within the past few years so it's always a worry when he has to go back to the hospital. Don't overdo it, I know you won't though.

@865jessica That's great, Jessica! And a walk, wow, awesome.

Hi all. It is very quiet right now and I want to second that we are here if you want to talk about anything. They haven't found anything wrong with my BIL so far so he may be able to be released this weekend. I am going to get things for a Thanksgiving dinner and hope for the best. Yesterday, I was so stressed, I pretty much ate anything that wasn't nailed down. Luckily, we don't have a lot of junk food in the house so it wasn't too damaging. Here's what I plan on making for Thanksgiving day...

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 2 (1-10, 10 is the best)

azbalaoooqb6.png
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Tell me a joke
This discussion has been closed.