Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 - I'm one of those who lose my appetite when I'm sick. I just want to sleep. I hope you feel better soon.

@Katmary71 - That really sucks, having a flat tire. I hope you had a nice walk. A good walk sometimes cheers me up.

@bethanie0825 - You’re doing good!

@trooworld - Antiquing and art museum sounds like an enjoyable day. My husband and I do rummage shops. Once, we found an old set of Laurel and Hardy statues, for only $5. They must not have known who the were. Congrats on the NSV's and weight loss! Good job stopping when full too. Sometimes that can be hard for me to do. I don't like throwing food away.(unless it goes bad) So, I try to put less on my plate.

@davidji82 - Good progress!

@davors19 - Keep your head up and push along. You've got this.

I am mindful with my eating - eating in kitchen without distractions.
    I'm mindful with my exercising - focus on drawing navel towards spine and standing tall, use big arms overhead to increase my heart rate, pointing and flexing feet. Breathing in as I lower(relax) and exhaling as I raise(exert). I also focus on the muscles being used with slow and controlled movements.
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Is it ok to walk up, stand next to a random person, start giggling like your holding back tears and then walk off?

I might be asking for a friend.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @trooworld Those are awesome NSVs! That sounds like a fun day, hope you had a great time. You're right that was for Veta, I was thinking it was you as all the trees are really pretty right now and I was thinking you and I probably had to wait about the same time with our similar CA climates. Hey when you go on drives that long do you listen to music or podcasts or books? I'm usually a music person but at least at the greenhouse have started listening to podcasts.

@Vita2018 Thank you, it was frustrating since I can't change the tire and had to figure out how to do everything without getting hurt but I figured it all out thank goodness. Very impressive how you're using mindful exercising too, usually I don't think people are that aware unless it's the start of a surgery or injury recovery! I've been thinking that I'll have to watch it as it's easy to let body mechanics slide when one feels better.

Hi friends! Got my tire repaired, my neighbor met me at the Round Table next to the tire store and we had lunch, I had the salad and breadsticks combo. It's my first salad since surgery and it was really good, I have to get back to eating healthier. I needed the whole tire replaced, I was hoping to get to the grocery store but was worn out afterward and came home. All PT is done, I'll probably just walk around the house tonight as walking to Round Table covered some of my daily walks. I'm going to the farm tomorrow to help with collecting seeds, I'd offered to start seeds at the greenhouse where it would be warm and the manager has something for me to do at the farm which I'm not too thrilled about as the cold is real hard on my legs and annoying with having Reynaud's in my fingers. I'll either do it there or bring it home but figure I could start it there and see everyone. I'm mostly planning to limit farm time until spring unless my legs improve a lot while healing. That's all here, going to mindfully eat my dinner. Have a great Saturday!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 131.6
    CW: 131.4
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179.8
    CW: 179.6
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @davidji82 Congrats on the loss!

@Veta2018 It was really fun! And the town that we went to (Orange, CA) is a quaint town that reminded me of back home in Ohio, it was bigger but still had the small-town feel to it. I loved it. I love when you find cool stuff for a bargain. I hardly do but every once in a while. My friend I went with is always telling me about bargains she finds. It inspires me to go more! Thank you. Yes, it's very hard to stop when I am on autopilot most of the time. You are doing great, too!

@19shmoo69 Try it and see what happens lol. Have you seen the horror movie "Smile"? I haven't seen it yet but your post reminds me of that.

@Katmary71 Thank you! I did have a great time. I do listen to books/music/podcasts...all three but usually books. Yesterday, I was listening to a book ("Really Good, Actually"). I like it so far. I listen to a lot of podcasts at work. I usually listen to either book-related podcasts (a lot by the website Book Riot) or health/weight-loss-related podcasts. I'm glad you got the tire taken care of. Good luck at the farm!

@Cornanda Congrats on the loss. How do you feel about your weigh-in? How have you been?

Hi all. I overdid it yesterday. I was mindful but the calories were way over my daily allotment. We went to the art museum, which had an interesting exhibit of illustrations from the mid-20th century. These illustrations were printed in magazines of the time: The New York Post, Life, and more. Here is one of my favorites by Arthur Saron Sarnoff, it's called "Supervised and Unsupervised". It is typical of the playful themes and brilliant colors of these illustrations. We went for lunch after that and I had crepes. Then we walked around some antique stores. We then stopped at a bakery and I got a loaf of 1/2 off bread, and some desserts for my husband and me. I had a surprise in store when I went to go home, my one-hour drive was actually 2 hours thanks to bad traffic. When we got home, I made lobster ravioli with alfredo sauce and garlic bread out of the bread I brought home. It was all delicious and quite the indulgence. I gave myself a 7 because I was mindful about my eating even though everything was high-calorie.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 7 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

4lop60uj9mzy.jpg
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 198.5
    CW 198.5

Bad week. Lots of cheating and not eating the right foods …not even sure why I have been in a great mood and am happy with my losses. Just being stupid. Today marks the day to start over AGAIN.
  • digger61
    digger61 Posts: 3,795 Member
    Options
    Username: Digger61
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 225
    CW: 223
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day- Saturday
    PW- 246.4
    CW- 246.6

No movement on the scale for two weeks now.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @trooworld Naaaaa, I don't watch horror movies.
  • 19shmoo69
    edited November 2023
    Options
    Thank you all who have served.

https://youtu.be/hjZ_IlP9c5A?feature=shared
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Username: askewcr
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 258.5
    CW: 257
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The November Week 3 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Nov. 12th. Please join us for the Tame the Turkey Neck Challenge...not as weird as it sounds! LOL Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903175/november-week-3-group-challenge-tame-the-turkey-neck#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Good Morning folks,
    Still out on the road. We be returning home later today. If it is ok I will post weigh in in the tomorrow morning.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,257 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

pado124445o9.png
    670hvorsej7y.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    eyys8sfw18mp.png

By Pounds
    kkv1imh8m75t.png

Individual Results