Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options
jugar
jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
edited December 2023 in Social Groups
z0td7evxu2to.png
Here is your Team chat room for November 2023. This is where you weigh in, post your goals and progress, discuss any issues or topics of interest, share ideas, support your teammates, receive help when you need it, and dream big. Try to post often, and help each other succeed! Bookmark this thread to make it easy to land there any time.

Fat2Fit has five great teams. The group and team leaders are as follows:

Our Moderators:
Liselyn - @jugar
Megan - @Megan_smartiepants1970
Ashley - @minstrelofsarcasm
Jessica - @jessicakrall8

Our Team Captains:
Downsizers - @lindamtuck2018 and @Megan_smartiepants1970
Mission Slimpossible - @broncobuddee and @trooworld
Weight No More - @minstrelofsarcasm and @melaniedscott
WaistAways - @jugar and @ashleycarole86
Shape Shifters - @jessicakrall8 and @Pupowl

Our Team Motivators:
Downsizers - @Slimmersixties & @NachDeezy
Mission Slimpossibles - @katmary71
Weight No More - @rachelrjh
WaistAways - @conleywoods & @cleaneater80
Shape Shifters - @Sbus12 and @Cyncia85

HOW IT ALL WORKS: The November challenge runs for 5 weeks, from October 19 - December 2. F2F months always start on a Sunday and end on a Saturday, so adjust your calendars!

Everyone weighs in weekly on their chosen day right here in the team chat. At the end of each week, the tallies are done to determine the team and individuals with the most weight lost. The best losers are announced with full fanfare every Sunday. The team competition is all in good spirits - may the most losing win!

We also celebrate those small, steady losses. If you lose, however small an amount, you are in the green! At the end of the month, we celebrate everyone who lost at least a bit every week. You are heading steadily towards your goal even if you aren't at the top of the weight loss leaderboard.

To make your weigh-in easy to find for your team Captains, please put it right at the top of a message, and use this format:
Weigh In Day:
PW (Previous Weight):
CW (Current Weight):

If you miss two weigh-ins in a row without asking for a break, you will be dropped from the team, so be sure to inform your team captain if you are traveling, sick, or just need some time off. If you want a break, you can be excused for a week or two, or are moved to the Support Team for as long as you need to. You still participate in the discussions, you can weigh in if you want to, but it will not count in the weekly tally. Don't worry! You can always come back even if you get dropped.

Once you reach your goal weight, you join the Goal Zone. You continue to weigh in every week. If you have 2 weeks above your self-defined goal zone, you go back to the regular team to lose that amount before it builds up. You will have a chance to hone those maintenance skills and stick with your team.

In addition to your own team, there are weekly F2F Full Group CHALLENGES. You can do all or none - it's up to you. Participating adds a lot to your success, so we hope to see you there often! These can involve anything fitness, health, or nutrition - and they’ll get you moving, thinking, and learning about this journey. Check the Announcements section for full group challenges.

Let’s show our fellow challengers some F2F love! Introduce yourselves right away, and let the new month begin!!

Replies

• micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 132.0
    CW: 131.8

Hi Slimpossibles!

My name is Mica, and I live in southern New Hampshire on the seacoast. I live with my partner Rich and my cat Earl (Earl is my profile pic). I am 67 years old and I work part time as a bookkeeper in a plastics factory. At my heaviest weight I was 220. I lost 90 pounds between 2001 and 2003, and I struggled with gaining and losing 50 pounds over the next 15 years, but I've been maintaining in my goal range of 127-133 (center weight 130) since 2019. I do a "walk the year" challenge every year (walking 2023 miles in 2023, which is about 6 miles/day). My favorite exercise is riding a bicycle (outdoors) and my hobbies are birding and crochet. I have a lot of exercise equipment in my house so I am always able to maintain my workout schedule regardless of weather or season. I love these challenges because they keep me accountable!

-Mica
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! A big welcome to the new team members, and welcome back to the returning members, I am so glad you are here!

I am one of your Mission Slimpossibles captains along with @broncobuddee. Our wonderful motivator is @Katmary71!

CHECK-IN PROCESS
    Along with our weekly weigh-ins, we REALLY encourage our team members to participate in regular check-ins. It’s a great way to stay accountable to yourself and it allows the team to cheer you on and offer support as you need it. We are a community, and we are stronger together!

CHANGES TO YOUR WEIGH-IN DAY/WEIGHTS
    If you have any changes to your weigh-in day or reported weights, be sure to tag @BroncoBuddee who handles all of that stuff. He also handles moving people to cheerleader status/or other status changes.

LET'S GET TO KNOW EACH OTHER
    Please share a little bit about you: your name, where you live, and what brought you to the Fat2Fit Challenge Group. Also share anything else you would like to, including any goals for the year. We are here to support and cheer you as you go through your weight loss adventure!

MY INTRODUCTION
    Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live in Southern California with my husband, cute one-eyed pirate pug named Daisy (7 yrs old) and pug pup name Violet who is a little more than 1 yr old. Up until my mid-20s, I was a healthy weight but then the mid-20s hit and along with that came medications that made me gain weight as well as poor lifestyle choices. For exercise, I recently joined the YMCA and I also recently bought a walking pad (like a more compact treadmill). I go to yoga and stretch classes and walk.

I have about 65 lbs to lose. My hobbies: reading, making artwork and crafts, photography, and cooking. I do straight-up calorie counting.

Now, it's your turn! Tell us about YOU!
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,924 Member
    edited October 2023
    Options
    @19shmoo69 My MIL likes Seattle's Best. I like it, too. I am drinking some Costa Rican coffee my friend brought me back from Costa Rica. It's delicious! Good luck with the jump start, I had a friend who just did that for prep for a gastric sleeve surgery.

@laurelfit57 I do. That's why I mostly do my exercise on the weekends. I am glad your sauces came out well, they will come in handy! It looks delicious. I did get a pic, I'll post. It was a lot of fun and people got a kick out of it. I've never froze tomatoes but I hear they don't freeze well....sauces? Yes but not the tomatoes. Where was Vannie??? I think I missed something. I'm glad she's home! Awwwww Vannie!

@DrewsAnna I love the smell of really fresh, crisp air. Enjoy the time with your hubby and friends and good luck with Leslie Sansone!

@Neon_Ninja No problem, jump back in when you are ready, good luck with the issues!

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. @Katmary71 messaged me and said she will be back soon. She's doing pretty good and I look forward to hearing from her again. @laurelfit57 has done a great job as a temporary motivator! In other news, how's everyone doing with the Spooky Fitness Challenge??? Only 4 more days! I had fun yesterday at work. Here is a pic of me dressed as DJ Dewey Decimal--- the world's first librarian-DJ! And a close-up of my nameplate that says READ. My mouth looks funny because I have a diamond (CZ) studded grill in. I am dressing up tonight to go out downtown with my husband and SIL. It should be fun.

Spooky Fitness Challenge for Oct steps/minutes: 7,950 / 6,000, 87 mins / 15 active mins

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

cpbbzyb3nw0f.jpg
    ipkzkpustatk.jpg
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,522 Member
    Options
    Hi MS ... You have a new member joining your amazing team .. Please welcome @Veta2018 :)
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,106 Member
    Options
    The November Week 1 Group Challenge is ready to go for Sunday! Let's aspire and plan:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902336/november-week-1-group-challenge-who-are-you-whats-your-plan#latest
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,023 Member
    Options
    Good morning Slims!
    Rich is away this weekend. Sometimes I feel like it's so much easier to stay on track when he's away, but I think I'd rather struggle with food and exercise and have him here with me, than to have an easier time with food and exercise, but be missing him. He'll be back tonight.
    We had some unseasonably warm days for the past 3 days, but now it's back to reality. The high temp today will be 30 degrees colder than yesterday. Yesterday, I had the A/C on; this morning I've turned the heat back on. Such is New England.
    -Mica
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Username: Veta2018
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW (Previous Weight): 180 lbs.
    CW (Current Weight): 162 lbs.

Hello,

My name is Veta and I live in NW Indiana. I'm a 49 year-old homemaker with 3 adult sons. I have a King Charles spaniel named Benny. In 2013, I did a challenge with my sister and lost 45 pounds in 12 weeks. Over the years I put on a few pounds here and there. Then January 2022, I quit smoking cigarettes and put on 20 pounds. I was back to my heaviest weight of 180 lbs. and I'm only 5 ft and 1/2 inch tall. People laugh that I include the 1/2 inch. Well, when you're this short every little bit counts...hehehe. This time, I decided to lose the weight for myself. My ideal weight is between 130 lbs. and 136 lbs. By eat fewer calories each day without intentionally restricting any nutrients, along with regular exercise should help pave the way to a healthy life. I will also avoid eating refined carbs and sugars, fried foods, and preservatives. As of recently, cooking new healthy recipes has become an enjoyable experience. I also enjoy listening to music, reading, and all that nature has to offer.
    Let's make this month a success!

💪Slimpossible Srong! 💪
  • sleepygirl79
    sleepygirl79 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Sleepygirl79
    Sunday
    SW 232.2
    PW 221.2
    Oct.1: 218.8
    Oct.8: 221.6
    Oct.15: 220.8
    Oct. 22: 220
    Oct. 29: 221.6
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

d1cgfdc7xgku.png
    quifqqcuo8gi.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    za1pv8st26h2.png

By Pounds
    zc2xcj1gdow8.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    e8s9pmbqzx5u.png
    b51x9qxmhw16.png

By Pounds
    4wq3ax5qjhf3.png

Team Winners
    my93n920jbew.png
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

sbhx6dz2qnkp.png
    34r6jx1gjrdb.png
    i0cn7ei1k8s0.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    cee7zcae7zfh.png

By Pounds
    3wj27o07to9l.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    nkiaxz7da8ny.png
    r7tyezgj3o5z.png

By Pounds
    5is2msun6vqf.png

Team Winners
    kso5we0c63g1.png
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Username: laurelfit57
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 146.4
    CW: 148.2
    +1.8
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Sunday
    SW 175
    PW 169 6
    CW 169.4
  • DrewsAnna
    DrewsAnna Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi,

My name is Anna. I live in Wa. state across the pond from Seattle, and I'm kind of a homebody. I've been struggling with my weight for about 14-15 yrs. My first time on WW I lost about 35 lbs bac in 2008, and I've been yo-yoing ever since. I love exercising, but because of aches and pains, I'm not very consistent with that at all.

I am currently doing "Golo". I like it because it is eating whole foods, clean foods and eating 3 well balanced meals per day following the 2-1-2-1 plan. 2 proteins, 1 carb, 2 veggies & 1 healthy fat. The "Release" pills are a supplement that help with insulin resistant fat cells. There website is full of just about any kind of recipes you could want and they are good.

Today, I decided to relax and enjoy some football annnnndd, my Seahawks won. 💙💚🏈💚💙 Lol, I know it was because I wore my Seahawk slipper socks. 😂😂😂 I also stayed on my Golo plan. I'm a little short on my step goal, but tomorrow is a brand new day.
This discussion has been closed.