Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for the well wishes and taking time to encourage. It means a lot to me.
    So far all the tests show that the only problem is low vitamin D. The MRI depends on the insurance company.
    Thanks again everybody.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,961 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I was just thinking that for myself! I think I need to post my goals on the fridge and near my computer.

@Veta2018 Thanks. They said it could be caused by dehydration (I have been dehydrated) and sinus issues (I've been having those too). Thanks for the blog article, I like the idea and I sometimes ask myself if I am hungry enough to eat an apple? If I am, I eat an apple but often, I am not hungry enough to eat an apple and just want to munch.

@steffibabiie It sounds like you are doing awesome with mindful eating! Wow, that's great! I think it's a great idea to keep up the step spreadsheet. It helps me, too. I changed the name of the sheet so it's more than just the Spooky Challenge. I was thinking maybe next month, since it is Christmas and a lot of people have probs with sugar during December, we have a no (or limited) sugar challenge. Maybe you can join in on that one.

@Katmary71 It WAS an awful night, lol...I don't even think I went into the howling, the one-legged homeless man that was about 2 feet from me (by his choice) or any of the other craziness that went on! :D Yeah luckily, I have medication for the vertigo now so I feel okay. Luckily, I had the migraine at home but I can definitely see how it would be terrible in the hospital. I'm glad the PT session went well and you have some hope. Good idea to stay home.

@DrewsAnna I get it. I felt the same this week.

@Cornanda Thanks! You can join in if you want, see the link below. I am feeling better today, thank you! I like how you put a lot of thought into your journey. You really think things through.

@865jessica That's a reason to celebrate!

Hi all. I am feeling okay today but I did wake up a little off-kilter. I took some meds and feel better. I finally came up with my goals for the challenge (see below). Like @micaroo4, I forget about the challenge and remember after I eat. I am going to try printing out my goals. I joined a new The Conqueror Virtual Challenge. This one is the Transylvania challenge, it is 231 miles. Here's the website, if you are interested https://www.theconqueror.events/all-challenges/ Not much on my plate for today, just getting groceries and going to dog training. Tomorrow, we are going to the zoo.

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    - Take at least 15 minutes to eat dinner every day in November.
    - Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.
    - Chew each bite at least 10 times.
    - At the end of each day, give myself a rating from 1 to 10 (10 is the best) on how well I achieved my goals.
    SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 2 (totally forgot!)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    💪Mission Slimpossible Strong!💪
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,150 Member
    Options
    The November Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, November 5th. Please join us for the Holiday Happenings Challenge! Expect some lively discussions...hope to see you in the chat thread! Here's the link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10902798/november-week-2-group-challenge-holiday-happenings#latest

Jessica :blush:
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW 200.5
    CW 198.5
    Total loss to date 51 lbs. so very happy.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    @DrewsAnna You don't suck just get back to it my friend!

@19shmoo69 You're welcome you're part of our family here and worry about you. What is their reason for wanting the MRI, in case it's something spinal?

@Cornanda Thank you! Is there anything we can do to help?

@trooworld Oh my gosh that sounds horrible, it's really loud and stressful in the ER. When I went last weekend there was a guy screaming and a bunch of moaner and groaner people, I put on hang drums and put my phone by my ear to drown it out but I didn't have a migraine then. Thanks! Oh what a cool challenge!

@tammymccrady6278 Congratulations on 51lbs down!

Hi friends! Did two laps around the neighborhood and two sets of my stretches and exercises. Best day I've had in a long time. My friend came for a bit and filled me in on the charity board meeting so I'm up-to-date. I'm waiting for an Amazon Fresh order to come then headed to bed to read. Have an awesome Sunday!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,618 Member
    Options
    Shoot I forgot to report I did good with mindfulness today while eating, I had both breakfast and dinner at the table and focused on my food. It was hard not to grab a cookbook to read!
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 594 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options
    It was a beautiful ☀️ 58° today. I finished clearing the weeds and old plants from my garden to get it ready for winter. I made something to eat. Then, my husband and I did some errands. I made good choices and ate without distractions. At first, mindful eating felt awkward, but after practicing these new habits for the past few days, I'm actually starting to get used to it.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,083 Member
    Options
    Eating mindfully was a bust for me. I just don't have the right brain.
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    19shmoo69
    Sunday
    P. W. 282
    C. W. 280
  • 19shmoo69
    Options
    @Katmary71 the doc wants it to see if there's any blockage anywhere. I'm starting to lean towards not doing it.
This discussion has been closed.