Options
    Username: FushiaKat
    Weigh-In Tuesday
    SW: 245
    Maintenance Goal 135 - 140
    Weeks in maintenance 44 of 52

PW: 136.4
    CW: 137.6

It must be the cooler weather; I'm craving cookies and potato chips. I have not had these cravings for a really long time. I'm eating a bit of extra fruit and popcorn, hopefully it will pass soon. I have low kidney function, and I'm seeing my doctor in the morning to discuss that, but I don't think she put in the paperwork for the blood tests because they only checked my cholesterol. I can always get the bloodwork done tomorrow. Maybe she can just update me by messages.
    My car had a flat tire, backing up our driveway I ran over a box cutter razor blade, I had to spend 2 hours at the tire store but I came home with a new tire. They were just really busy.

Good luck everybody, save some wiggle room for Thanksgiving
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- forgot to say that I love your Library DJ costume
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I’m up for any challenge. Mindful eating, a 🥾 when I fall off the wagon, anything. 😊😩

Your costumes are great. I hope you had a lot of fun.

———

I don’t know how you all survive with all the candy around. Glad I don’t have to worry about it. My biggest issue these days is meal prep.

I managed 137 miles for October, now to do better in November.

Oh will need to get things in order for Turkey time. It’s my favorite meal. 😩
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat- Oh man that stinks about your tire. I hope you get some answers from your bloodwork.
    @AmbersWay- 137 miles, Wow! Congrats that is great. I've been slowly building up stamina and been doing only 2 mile walks.

Halloween was fun last night with my boys. We walked all over the neighborhoods so they were super tired coming home. So happy November is here, I love fall weather and it definitely feels like fall now.
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - I like your phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
    I post a quote on my home page every morning as inspiration to start my day. My quote for today is "What you get by reaching your goals is not nearly as important as what you become by reaching them.” —Zig Ziglar.

Good morning,
    I'm feeling good and ready to begin a new month.
    Healthy Eating Goals
    • Continue to log everything everyday.
    • Continue to eat fewer calories each day without intentionally restricting any essential nutrients.
    • Continue to drink plenty of water.
    • Stop eating after 7 in the evening.

Wellness Goals
    • Go to bed the same time every night.
    • Get at least 7 hours continuous sleep a night.
    • Make a plans to meet a friend/family for breakfast/lunch at least twice a month.

Fitness Goals
    • Continue to exercise 30 minutes everyday.
    • Do a 1 minute plank every day.
    • Do 50 sit ups every day.
    • Do one HIIT workout every week.

💪 Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Well the new diet structure started off well and then CANDY.......☹️and we don't even do halloween.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Good job not buying candy! I like how you deal with junk food with your husband. And great new strategy! I am familiar with mindful eating, it's a great way to eat. There are many forms of mindful eating so this type of challenge can be tailored to how the individual wants to do it. Thanks for the suggestion! I LOVE that Zig Ziglar quote, I have not heard that one before. Great November goals, too.

@Cornanda Thank you!

@AmbersWay Thank you and thanks for being open to new challenges!

@19shmoo69 Sorry about the candy. Start back over today. That was just a blip on your journey.

Hi everyone! So I think @Veta2018 has a great suggestion for the Nov challenge. Mindful eating it will be! More on that in a bit. I woke up dizzy/off-kilter and nauseated so I didn't go to work. I'm going to take it easy today.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • trooworld
    Options
    zhtuvxeh9idh.png

The challenge starts TOMORROW! Define your mindful eating goals and report in as often as you'd like. Don't know where to start?

Here are some mindful eating resources to get you started...

HARVARD SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH
    https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/mindful-eating/

NATIONAL LIBRARY OF MEDICINE/PUBMED CENTRAL
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5556586/

HEALTHLINE
    https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/mindful-eating-guide

CLEVELAND CLINIC
    https://health.clevelandclinic.org/mindful-eating/

CENTER FOR MINDFUL EATING
    https://www.thecenterformindfuleating.org/

MINDFUL.ORG
    https://www.mindful.org/6-ways-practice-mindful-eating/

VIDEOS:
    HOW TO USE MINDFULNESS IN EATING
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1jRaHrpokA

6 TIPS FOR MINDFUL EATING
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJSpQHcJfKs

MINDFUL EATING WITH MAYO - KAREN MAYO (TEDX TALK)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtOU4f3smt4
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Welcome to Mission Slimpossibles! I'm one of those who hit my highest when I quit smoking too, I think you have a great plan to lose now. I hope you share some of those great recipes! Aw, your pup is so precious, what a beauty! I like your plan for special treats, wtg on not getting into the candy!

@troooworld Love your Tigger costume! I love the idea of another challenge but am not sure on suggestions. After reading through all the messages a couple people are doing no sugar so maybe a “nourish your body” type challenge to help cut out junk?

@askewcr @laurelfit57 @DebJB30 Great job leading the pack on losses for the last week!

@laurelfit57 @865jessica @megnolia82 Congratulations top losers for October!

@badnoodle Woohoo great job on being strong and starting with the Coke Zero!

@laurelfit57 You've done amazing helping as a motivator, thank you! Vannie sounds real incredible with her reaction time, do you think a lot of practice would help with your response? I don't respond that fast so I'm curious. Happy Halloween to you too!

@tammymccrady6278 Oh fingers crossed on the big 5-0 too, how exciting!

@AmbersWay Oh my gosh Helix is the cutest!

@micaroo4 Nice a four day weekend is a great plan! Are you planning anything for it?

@865jessica I've tried a bunch of different ways to handle social events and for the most part if you get back to it right away it's not a big deal to eat freely for a day or two though I think your choice to have water is perfect. By doing that you didn't go totally wild which helps a lot mentally plus extra water will help get all the extra food through your system. Congratulations on 30lbs down!

@megnolia82 Congratulations on 20lbs down!

@steffibabiie Sending candy to troops is a great idea! I know some dentists do that too. Our church collects leftover candy to use to decorate gingerbread houses next month too.

@FushiaKat Oh no it seems new tires never are a fast thing, that's about what it took me a few weeks ago too. Good luck with your doctor.

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, happy November! I'm Kathy, Mission Slimpossibles team motivator under our awesome leaders @trooworld and @broncobuddee . I'm 52 and live in the Sacramento area in CA with my two cats. I've been part of the team for almost 5 years and love our group! I have ongoing health issues with pretty severe chronic pain. I had a fusion/discectomy/fusion revision last week and it's been tough going but I feel I'm on the track to recovering now. My double fusion 16 years ago I quit smoking for led to me hitting my highest weight (had hardware problems and stayed in bed for a year) so I'm very conscious of NOT doing that this time. I'm working part-time and volunteer with the food bank farm and am secretary for a local charity that helps low income elderly and disabled plus we have a few major events we do each year helping the community. I eat low-moderate carb to keep my diabetes in remission and usually do a PT routine of weights and stretching. One of my favorite seated cardio instructors just put out a new video I'm dying to do but not quite yet!

Let's have an amazing November!
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57 you did amazing at keeping in range! You really made me think about how pff track I have been about eating at certain times, to keep from getting hungry. I haven’t been paying attention to that much.

@trooworld thanks so much for the new challenge and all the resources. I will go through them today and post my goals.

@865jessica that’s exactly how I did my plan. I built up to things. Walking is a range from 9-11k daily (unless life slows me down 🤪) indoor cycling started at 5 min to 1 hour and settled at 30 min. Weights started at 1kg, which for some exercises was hard and now I am up to 4kg. So keep at it and I’ll cheer you on.

@Katmary71 welcome back!! I am praying that you are feeling much better. We missed you here.

@Cornanda how are you these days? I think we were on the same struggle bus for a bit last week.

@19shmoo69 the candy is evil! I am hiding from the treats in my house. Thankfully not candy but we have croissants 😩

@vegan4lyfe2012 how are you?
    —-
    Nothing new here. I’m constantly hungry (since I’m not nauseated from the meds anymore) and I am trying to keep cucumber cut up for snacks. I’ve been super busy with my youngest.

Hoping to do some prep today.

Have a lovely day!

• Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Hi all-

I'm in for the mindful eating challenge. Will take a look at the awesome resources @trooworld posted later on.

Spooky challenge- my goal was 45 min of exercise a day. I added up my min and my grade was 97% and I'm satisfied with that.

@AmbersWay - thank you for asking, I am in the pattern where I plan to "start over" on Monday and by Tuesday I'm disgusted with myself. My pants are all too tight. I might actually hit a new decade up for weigh in tomorrow. I really need to take care of my future self by exiting the struggle bus NOW!

Lisa
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone!

Just a drive by. I’m having a challenging week just staying on top of things. Hopefully I can do some catching up today.

I’m slowly undoing the damage of the last week, hopefully this upcoming weigh in erases the gain I had last week.

Have a good one!
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Welcome back, my friend! So good to see you online. I don't know if you saw, but right before your message, I posted the new challenge: it's a mindful eating challenge which was suggested by @Veta2018! I think it will be good to explore.

@laurelfit57 What a bummer that the dentist wanted you to come in early and then made you wait so long! Good thing you meal prepped.

@AmbersWay you are welcome! Were you able to do some prep? What did you prep?

@Cornanda That's awesome progress with the Spooky challenge. I hope the new challenge can help you get back on track.

Hi all. I woke up dizzy again so I messaged my doctor to see what she wants me to do. As far as the Spooky challenge, I surpassed my goal. I started the month off poorly but gradually increased my steps with an occasional "off" day. I am still thinking about defining my Mindful Eating Challenge goals...this will be a tough one for me as I only get 30 mins for lunch Mon-Thurs and can't slow down too much.

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."

y2qbbh5s366x.png
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    @laurelfit57-Wow congrats on staying sticking to your plan even though a lot of obstacles came your way. It's a great you had your lunch ready in the fridge so it helped you stay on track.
    @AmbersWay- Yes I'm working on building up my stamina and strength. I'm doing better then I was four months ago when it was a struggle to do just one mile. It's great your not nausea anymore but sorry your constantly hungry I know that is hard.
    @Cornanda- Congratulations on your Spooky challenge, 97% is awesome.

Nothing new today. Going get back into my groove of eating my planned breakfast and lunch with different dinner every night. My breakfast and lunches are almost always the same things and it helps me stay on track because I don't have to think about what to eat.
    Have a great day everybody.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Welcome back! Thank you, @laurelfit57 for temporarily taking the motivator position, you did an awesome job!!!

5rq8hwm59084.png
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    vegan4lyfe2012
    Sundays
    PW: 208
    CW: 209
This discussion has been closed.