Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @FushiaKat Down here in San Diego, allergies are really bad right now because of Santa Ana winds...don't know if you get those winds up there where you are but it may be because of the weather that you are having allergy symptoms. Happy Thanksgiving!

@Katmary71 Yeah I'm okay as long as I'm careful. Yes it is frustrating! BIL is home, thankfully. Yes it will! Hmmmm...I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch5 and I love it. Not sure how much they go for nowadays and I don't know your budget. I just looked on Amazon, they have them on sale. The cheapest is the Watch 4 which is $88: https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Smartwatch-Bluetooth-Monitor-Detection/dp/B09MV37CSN/

Hi all. I hope you are doing well. Does anyone have any requests for a challenge in December? I was thinking maybe a tracking challenge but I'd like to hear from you what you want. Yesterday, I had to take one of my pups to the vet for a rhinoscopy. She's been having discharge from her nose and sneezing. I *thought* it would cost $700 but it ended up costing $1,400! Luckily, we have insurance and most of that will be covered. They didn't find any masses or tumors so they did some cultures and will hopefully figure out what is going on. The vet said it may just be a case of her having that kind of discharge normally. We'll see. I have to work today until 2:15 and then I'm off until Monday. Yay!

GOALS FOR THE MINDFULNESS CHALLENGE:
    Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 8 (1-10, 10 is the best)

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @micaroo4 I'm using a pedometer app on my phone but once I'm inside I don't tend to take my phone around the house with me or in the garden so it's missing a lot.

@trooworld A Samsung Galaxy is what I'd do if I had more money, I was thinking like $20 for now. I'm not sure if I'll keep up walking or not after I recover. Shoot figures it's on sale now, at least I know for next year right? I'd be game for a step challenge, everyone seemed to really love the last one. Yikes on the vet bill, thank goodness you have insurance.

Hi everyone, last post before Thanksgiving so Happy Thanksgiving all my US friends! I walked earlier and finished all my PT, didn't accomplish much else today aside of household chores. Have a great Thursday! I'm going to my parent's friend's house tomorrow for Thanksgiving then going to another Friendsgiving on Friday so not sure how much I'll be around. Take care!
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    q9bh8pfzlbw3.jpg
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Katmary71 Ah okay. What about a simple pedometer? This one is on sale for $9.99 for Black Friday at Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/SimpliSteps-Simple-Step-Counter-Pedometer/dp/B093FWRR47/ I would be up for another step challenge as well. Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving! If you need some mindful eating tips today, here's an article on a mindful Thanksgiving: https://www.verywellfit.com/mindful-eating-at-thanksgiving-5087574 I don't think my Thanksgiving will go too badly: I have made several of my favorite sides in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving so I wouldn't feel obligated to make them today. I am making different things than I usually make (besides the cranberry sauce and turkey).

Ask myself if I am really hungry before I start eating, and stop when I am comfortably full.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

My phrase for the year: "Every choice is another chance to change my health for the better."
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all the Americans here!

Im back on track now that im back home and working again. Being on holidays may be great to be with my grandkids and my own boys but wow it’s hard on the staying on track. lol. I may have missed the answer but will I still be able to participate in our weekly weigh in. I miss the last one as I was away. Can someone let me know? That would be awesome cuz this keeps me honest and gets me motivated.
  • laurelfit57
    laurelfit57 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry, quick check in once again. Just want to say hi, I am still in it! Been really hectic here trying to get ready for my mom‘s 95th birthday. Tons of company coming to town starting tomorrow, but everybody will be gone by Tuesday. I have been staying on track. I don’t know how I am going to do though this weekend, it will be a challenge! Can’t wait to finally catch up next week with everyone
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in
    Cornanda
    PW: 179
    CW: 180.1

Thanksgiving was delicious!
  • trooworld
    Options
    Trooworld
    Fridays
    PW: 232.8
    CW: 235.4

+2.6
  • trooworld
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Thank you! I think you are allowed to miss one weigh-in, but @broncobuddee will surely know.

@laurelfit57 How are you feeling? I hope better! Good luck with the prep for your mom's birthday, how wonderful!

@Cornanda I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving. I also had a gain but mine was much larger lol. I'm not going to worry about it too much, it was one day.

Hi all. I had a good Thanksgiving and hope you did, too. I love the ritual of Thanksgiving...the watching the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, then we watch the dog show. I love the smells of cooking, the prep, I love it all. I am still suffering from vertigo and that poked its ugly head up here and there but overall, it went well. I didn't get a second plate but my plate was fairly full. HealthyWage is offering a FREE $5,000 Turkey Trot Step Challenge. I have done HealthyWage challenges in the past but have failed at them. I decided to do this one this time only because it is free. They set the step goal at 25% over your normal step achievements based on your device sync. Mine for today is 10,169 which is pretty hard for me but we'll see. Here's the link, if you do decide you want to join: https://www.healthywage.com/referral/step-challenge-3/free-5000-turkey-trot-step-challenge-2023/11896261004761

SCORE FOR YESTERDAY: 6 (1-10, 10 is the best)

• Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Happy belated Thanksgiving! I got through the day going just a little bit over my nutrition goals. I didn't fit any exercise in. It would have helped. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the day.
  • bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    bethanie0825
    Friday
    PW - 262
    CW 263.4

Thanksgiving was good lol
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,067 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh-In Day: Saturday
    PW: 130.8
    CW: 130.2
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 249
    CW: 249
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    Here is Gus giving me some side eye regarding his new Christmas jammies.....jp86yj2ozwtm.jpg
  • tammymccrady6278
    tammymccrady6278 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    tammymccrady6278
    Weigh in day Saturday
    PW198.5
    CW197

@broncobuddee just want to make sure after missing last week that I’m still able to be part of the competition weigh in.
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 Great job with the Thanksgiving eating!

@Cornanda OMG Gus is sooooooooo cute! I want to get the girls some cute jammies. I got Daisy a cute dress but haven't taken any pics of her in it yet. I think Violet would eat a dress lol.

@tammymccrady6278 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I'm enjoying this long weekend. Yesterday, I went on several walks. We went to our favorite neighborhood and walked around the shops and the streets. A lot of people were out shopping. Speaking of shopping, anyone get anything fun on Black Friday? Years ago, my husband and I would get up at 3 am to go Black Friday shopping in person. Sometimes I still go shopping in person but I don't get up at 3 am to go anymore lol. I bought a food sealing system and a countertop ice machine as we are always running out of ice and this was a super good deal at Amazon Warehouse's site. Enjoy your day!

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @trooworld I haven't given it much thought yet but did some browsing just now, I'm thinking of a cheap watch pedometer or waiting for Christmas, this one is only $19.99 with the coupon (but then I'll allergic to those bands too which is why I'm thinking of waiting). Good Black Friday scores, I've been wanting a food sealer. I bought my Dad a shaver but that's about it, I'm almost done with the Christmas Eve gifts just need to figure out small gifts for friends (since I have a ton of Starbucks money I see gift cards for everyone).

@Cornanda LOL you're totally getting the side eye! They're real cute on him!

Hi everyone looks like we survived the holiday! I went to a last Friendsgiving last night, it was fun hanging out and I got home by 10.Thanksgiving was at my parent's friend's house and their family and friends were very nice. I came home that night but all the driving drained me, I'm looking forward to not doing anything today. Have a great Saturday friends, let's get back to it.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Weigh in-Saturday
    PW-244.4
    CW-238

My whole family has had the flu this week (which a counts for the weight loss). We didn't have much of a Thanksgiving because everyone was sick. I'm getting better and I know that some of the weight I loss will come back. That's okay.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Here's my pet in his jammies.

ghie0l2xco08.jpg
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I thought I would give an update on my health and journey. The doc and I have agreed to hold off on the MRI unless I have the symptoms again. I continue to monitor my blood pressure, take vitamin D and I've added vitamin B12. The day after it happened I went strict carnivore. I have ate only meat and eggs until today. Today I was with my three teens(two being my teens). Spent the day running around. Because of that I had a crustless pizza. It had meat of course but i had cheese and sauce for the first time since the incident. For accountability sake I did have peanut butter jalapenos the other day but just a few.

Since my wife made a gigantic thanksgiving meal for such a small group I have 3 gallon bags of meat to meal prep with.

This discussion has been closed.