Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - Just seeing some old habits crop up in the last 24 hours. Needed a place to say so while I get myself back on track. (Being accountable to my kitchen walls never really works... :/)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    Hi everyone - Just seeing some old habits crop up in the last 24 hours. Needed a place to say so while I get myself back on track. (Being accountable to my kitchen walls never really works... :/)

Old habits die hard! Just a couple of lbs to the weight you gifted yourself for Xmas 🙂🙂🙂
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,585 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 I have been adding steps for the last couple weeks, hoping to lose a little extra before the big day (I did not). I am going to enjoy myself, but not got back for seconds. Not beat myself up (that's the hardest part) ,and then just get back to it on Friday.

It is the hardest part. While getting help for the binge eating disorder, one therapist told me it is important to have compassion for myself. That is so true. Sometimes it is easy but on occasion I really beat myself up. I just have to remind myself.
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw:235.4
    Cw 235.8

Thank you!

How was your week? It’s a small gain so stick to your goals and it will be gone before you know it.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Great job being accountable. When I was seeing a therapist for the binge eating, she had me make a list of 20 things I could do besides binge eating and had me post it on the fridge. Maybe you can make a list and do something off it when those pesky habits are trying to come back.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,252
    Exercise: ✔️
    Physio: ✔️

I realized when commenting on the posts today, it’s been 4 years ago around now that I started therapy at the eating disorder clinic. I am so thankful to them as that was the push I needed to start losing weight. I very seldom binge anymore and try to be aware of my triggers.

Have a great Wednesday!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    o7dfyfirvkwb.jpeg

Overdue
    @torih941

No Wednesday weigh ins

Thursday
    @Heretochange88
    @NachDeezy
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    Options
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

11/19 ~ 18,536
    11/20 ~ 20,780 moving day :) ~ My last move was 24,402 ~ I was a slacker on Monday :)
    11/21 ~ 9,765
    11/22
    11/23
    11/24
    11/25
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

I'm so happy it was just a small amount gained. I've gotten the mindless eating under some sort of control this month with help from my doctor but stress is really creeping in. My goal til the end of the year is to truly get this negative energy with movement and not laying in bed crying lol
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

11/19 ~ 18,536
    11/20 ~ 20,780 moving day :) ~ My last move was 24,402 ~ I was a slacker on Monday :)
    11/21 ~ 9,765
    11/22
    11/23
    11/24
    11/25

Your steps are awesome!
    @lindamtuck2018

I'm so happy it was just a small amount gained. I've gotten the mindless eating under some sort of control this month with help from my doctor but stress is really creeping in. My goal til the end of the year is to truly get this negative energy with movement and not laying in bed crying lol

Stress is a trigger for me so I try to keep it to a minimum. It’s hard to avoid it all together . That is a great goal.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 5,151
    Exercise: ✔️
    Physio: ✔️

This morning i weighed 159.6 pounds. This puts me at my goal weight. I am staying on the main team until the end of November and will move into maintenance then. I hope I stay under 160 for tomorrow’s weigh in.

Have an amazing day!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    To all my American teammates, have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

pw2ggduzn0nv.gif

v07tynfq6qpj.jpeg

• rwillems
    rwillems Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Thank you, Linda. @lindamtuck2018
  • RoblinB
    Options
    @Slimmersixties and @lindamtuck2018 Thanks for chiming in yesterday. I think I'm back on course (although I still need to make the list you mentioned, Linda!) There was a social gathering that I did not prepare well for and found myself in a bit of a caloric freefall. Even afterwards, I had a hard time getting a grip on my choices. Argh! The fact that these tendencies still lurk freaks me out a bit. Having lost and regained many times over my life, I want to be done with that forever. Eating in secrecy has been an issue (which is sort of ridiculous because when you subsequently put on 10 pounds, it is not really a secret to anyone!) Thanks for giving me a place to take the lid off that behaviour in the moment before it really gets out of hand.
  • RoblinB
    edited November 2023
    Options
    I've gotten the mindless eating under some sort of control this month with help from my doctor but stress is really creeping in. My goal til the end of the year is to truly get this negative energy with movement and not laying in bed crying lol

@aactuallyaash I admire your work on the mindless munching! That is very challenging, especially when stress just makes me want to eat to "feel better". I really like your thought to instead move to feel better. Next week is potentially high stress for me, too, so I think I will take that strategy. Do keep letting us know how its going.
  • Heretochange88
    Heretochange88 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Happy Thursday and Happy Thanksgiving to everyone in the USA!

heretochange88
    PW- 367.2lb
    CW- 366.6lb

-0.6lb

Still a loss but I have still been off track. Emotionally I have been a mess and I just can't seem to give my head a shake. Just too much stuff going on and I can't seem to make my recovery a priority. It's just a mental block that I need to get through. My therapist reminded me that it's not just for aesthetics- my whole livelihood is at risk here. So I have been trying to work the skills that i learned in therapy.

I live in Canada, but my adopted parents are here from Utah so we are going to Swiss Chalet for the "festive special" so my mom doesn't need to cook for us, haha. She already did that for Canadian Thanksgiving so she deserves the night off ;) I can make good choices though.

Have a good day all- fresh start for me started the moment I woke up. I just hope to keep the momentum <3
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options

I believe in you buddy🫶🏽
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 459.6
    CW - 455.4

A solid loss and I'm thankful for it! Insanely thankful for all of you as well 💜 Happy Thanksgiving and much love yall!
  • RoblinB
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    A solid loss and I'm thankful for it!
    @NachDeezy Awesome! :)

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Friday weigh in

Sw: 276 lb

Pw: 184 lb