Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I missed last week's weigh-in. My tablet decided it wasn't going to work. Didn't have another way to let you know.

Weigh-in Day: Saturday
    PW: 293.8
    CW: 291.6

Finally started losing again. (Slowly) any loss is a good thing. Means I'm heading in the right direction.Hopefully, my body will stay working properly this time.

I have a lot of health issues; however, when two of them act up, it puts my body in a stalled mode and I don't seem to lose. I tend to hold onto the weight. I usually don't gain which is a good thing, mostly because I still watch what I eat. It's not about the way I'm eating, it's just my health issues that tend to derail my efforts.

There are 5 weeks left before Christmas and I know I'm not in the Christmas challenge anymore, since I took October off. However, I still would really like to reach my goal weight of ( 281 lbs) by Christmas Eve. Only 10.8 lbs to go.

If I can get my body to stay working, I know I can reach my goal. I lost a lot of weight in September and plan to work really hard to reach that goal by Christmas Eve.

• lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,511 Member
    Options
    Steps: 1,446
    Exercise: ❌
    Physio: ❌

PW 166
    CW 161.2
    LTD: 101.6

I did it! Over 💯 pounds lost. I had a big whoosh this week. I wasn’t eating much for the previous few weeks as I was having some nausea again. The nausea is quite a bit better so this week my average calories were almost 300 calories more a day than the previous week. This put me at the top of my calorie goal. Go figure. 🤷‍♀️ I think I will lose to another 1.2 pounds and then set my maintenance range to between 158 to 163. Lululemon here I come.

I still can’t wear my watch. Going to try and be more consistent about carrying my phone today.

Congratulations. I'm so happy for you. If anyone deserves it it's you! You offer such great support to everyone here! Enjoy the new yoga pants!
    Ps have you got a before and after photo?

Thank you! I am going to get my granddaughter to take a picture this weekend and I will update my before and after.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 219 Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

There are 5 weeks left before Christmas and I know I'm not in the Christmas challenge anymore, since I took October off. However, I still would really like to reach my goal weight of ( 281 lbs) by Christmas Eve. Only 10.8 lbs to go.

@KarlysFreedom Congratulations on this week! Christmas challenge or not, go for it! And let us know how it's going.
  • NouveauRee
    NouveauRee Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

PW 174.0
    CW 174.0
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    ddainiak wrote: »
    ddainiak

Saturday Weigh In

PW: 169.6
    CW: 168.2 😁

Woohooo!
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.1
    CW 170.8

Way to go🎉
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,136 Member
    Options
    The November Week 4 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Nov. 19th. Please join us for the "Eat It, Burn It" challenge. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10903583/november-week-4-group-challenge-eat-it-burn-it/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread this week!
    Jessica
  • inshapeCK
    inshapeCK Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    inshapeCK

PW: 140.3
    CW: 140.7
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!! I am very proud of you. Thanks for your words that it's not a race and that each little bit in the right direction adds up. Especially .5 lbs/week adds up to 26 pounds in a year. Very encouraging for me since the scale has been stuck for soooo long. It is finally moved a little last week. Hopefully, it will continue.

Repost from Nov 17th
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 184.8
    CW: 185.0

MFP User Name -Learning Moments
    Commitment for Week -5k/day 50K/week
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Sunday -11967
    Monday -8464
    Tuesday -3379
    Wednesday -6329
    Thursday -12858
    Friday -4317
    Saturday -5727
    Total: 53,041

Commitment for Week -No goal. We will see if I am near steps:)
    Tracking Type - floors

Sunday -15
    Monday -10
    Tuesday -8
    Wednesday -10
    Thursday -13
    Friday -2
    Saturday -31
    Total: 89
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I missed last week's weigh-in. My tablet decided it wasn't going to work. Didn't have another way to let you know.

Finally started losing again. (Slowly) any loss is a good thing. Means I'm heading in the right direction.Hopefully, my body will stay working properly this time.

I have a lot of health issues; however, when two of them act up, it puts my body in a stalled mode and I don't seem to lose. I tend to hold onto the weight. I usually don't gain which is a good thing, mostly because I still watch what I eat. It's not about the way I'm eating, it's just my health issues that tend to derail my efforts.

If I can get my body to stay working, I know I can reach my goal. I lost a lot of weight in September and plan to work really hard to reach that goal by Christmas Eve.

Well done on the loss. No problem with the Christmas Challenge, I'll add you back in!
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Hi Megan, hope you re feeling better. This week's steps

Sun 12th 5490
    Mon 15086
    Tues 14005
    Wed 10624
    Thurs 11272
    Fri 7303
    Sat 9709
  • Slimmersixties
    Options
    2c9anks9q8zl.jpg

ONLY 5 WEEKS UNTIL CHRISTMAS!!

Some people have recieved their Christmas gifts early! Congratulations!!!
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 - Hoping you are feeling better?

Sun 20,360
    Mon 21,477
    Tue 20,492
    Wed 20,449
    Thu 20,846
    Fri 22,352
    Sat 23,816
    Tot 149,792

• iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,443 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 and @nachdeezy Congrats on meeting your Christmas goal! Fantastic.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    PW 172.1
    CW 170.8

Congrats on the loss! Close to entering a new decade.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited November 2023
    Options

Nice loss! Hang in there.
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

PW: 140.3
    CW: 140.7

Hope you are feeling better.
    @lindamtuck2018 Woohoo!!! Congratulations!!! I am very proud of you. Thanks for your words that it's not a race and that each little bit in the right direction adds up. Especially .5 lbs/week adds up to 26 pounds in a year. Very encouraging for me since the scale has been stuck for soooo long. It is finally moved a little last week. Hopefully, it will continue.

Repost from Nov 17th
    Friday weigh-in
    PW: 184.8
    CW: 185.0

MFP User Name -Learning Moments
    Commitment for Week -5k/day 50K/week
    Tracking Type - Miles or Steps: steps

Sunday -11967
    Monday -8464
    Tuesday -3379
    Wednesday -6329
    Thursday -12858
    Friday -4317
    Saturday -5727
    Total: 53,041

Commitment for Week -No goal. We will see if I am near steps:)
    Tracking Type - floors

Sunday -15
    Monday -10
    Tuesday -8
    Wednesday -10
    Thursday -13
    Friday -2
    Saturday -31
    Total: 89[/b]

Awesome loss! I know it’s frustrating when the scale doesn’t move but it sure feels good when it starts again. By not giving up your hard work is paying off.
    ddainiak wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018 and @nachdeezy Congrats on meeting your Christmas goal! Fantastic.

Thank you!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    Steps: 3,808
    Exercise: ❌
    Physio: ✔️

I was a bit better at putting my phone in my pocket but still forgot quite a bit. I am going to order a band with different material to see if that doesn’t cause irritation. No mini walks yesterday as my back/leg was really hurting. Worst it’s been in along time. Thankfully I get my injections on Tuesday.

Have a relaxing Sunday!
  • 28Haveitall2020
    28Haveitall2020 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    28Haveitall

Pw: 253.4
    Cw: 252.4

Weigh day: Saturday

Happy weekend. 😊
  • KarlysFreedom
    KarlysFreedom Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    @Slimmersixties -said

"Well done on the loss. No problem with the Christmas Challenge, I'll add you back in!"

Thank you, I appreciate it.
This discussion has been closed.