Downsizers Team Chat - NOVEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options
    RoblinB wrote: »
    @NachDeezy Well, amazing you! Yes, I see a 200lb milestone appearing on the horizon!
    (Glad your foot is on its way back - keep being kind to it!)

@Megan_smartiepants1970 And you, how is your foot? Are you feeling better?

Foot is still in a darn cast and still hurts ... chest still hurts and I have now lost my voice ... I swear it is never ending with me but thanks for asking :)
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Slimmer sixties Friday weigh in

Sw 276lb

Pw 182.4lb
    Cw 181.2lb

5.2lb to goal !
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 803 Member
    Options

Sw 276lb

Pw 182.4lb
    Cw 181.2lb

5.2lb to goal !

Heck yeah!!👏🏽
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,510 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    SW - 630
    PW - 455.4
    CW - 450.8

Still was getting over the foot injury last week and as yall know, turkey day came in like a wrecking ball ready to destroy us all lol. Managed to drop 4.6lbs by just staying focused on what I was eating. My foot is at about 85% so I am back up and around trying to get back to my usual step count. Hope yall are doing well out there!

This is amazing! You must see lots of benefits of the weight loss. Glad your foot is feeling better. Go easy on it until it’s a 100% as you don’t want a setback.
    itladyee wrote: »
    Well, it looks like I will be buying, yet another scale! I thought I dropped it into a wardrobe box knowing I'd open those pretty quickly. All are open an unpacked, no scale!!!

So frustrating. You will probably find it just after you get a new one.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Sw 276lb

Pw 182.4lb
    Cw 181.2lb

5.2lb to goal !

You are getting so close to goal. I will be excited for you to join the maintenance side of the group. Those last few pounds can be the toughest. Only for the nausea, I would be still working on mine.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Steps: 5,918
    Exercise: ✔️
    Physio: ❌

PW 159.6
    CW 159.8
    In maintenance range

So close to beating Wednesday’s steps. Exhaustion hit me like a ton of bricks early afternoon. I decided to lay on the couch for a few minutes. Two hours later I woke up. I still ended up with 41 exercise minutes. I woke up before 4 am again this morning. It’s starting to really make me mad.

Happy FriYAY!

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    The December challenge starts on Sunday. Have you thought about your goals?
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,220 Member
    Options
    My first holiday event this weekend; I'll weigh in before we leave tomorrow AM. Greg and I go to Newport, RI every year this time of year. It is a city set on an island in Rhode Island. Really cute shops, great restaurants. They decorte the city for Christmas. We go and see the lights, do some shopping and our annual "Taste of Newport". We usually go to 5 different restaurants (Lunch, Appetizer, Dinner, Dessert and BF the following morning), and plenty of drinks with that. This will be the first year that I'm going since I started this weight loss journey. I am going to enjoy myself, but also going to try to curb that this year. We are thinking - just small plates for each and and/or sharing.

• jimboden3
    jimboden3 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Dec 1, 2023)
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 242

Working multiple 12+ hour days, not exercising, not sleeping, etc. is starting to take a toll. I was actually not disappointed to only creep up this much because I know I can lose it again if I can get over this 2024 budget exercise at work. We have plans tonight with 5 other couples to go to a pop-up Christmas-themed restaurant and I have to close up the laptop at 4 pm (says my wife) so I'm really looking forward to getting away from the grind. Have a great weekend everyone!
  • FindingSamMon
    FindingSamMon Posts: 782 Member
    Options

My December goals are:

Lose 0.5-1 pound per week (ambitious during the holidays, I know)
    Lift 3-4 days per week
    Cardio 3-4 days per week
    Minimum 6,000 steps per day.

I've been consistent during November and would like to keep the ball rolling into December and the new year.

I want to treat myself with grace if I don't hit my goals 100%, but I don't want to fool myself and backslide into old habits if I don't hit all my goals every week.
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    @ddainiak I really like the way you don't run away from the joyful things in your life in your effort to lose weight but rather work on ways to make them work for you. We are all aiming for a richer life, not a more impoverished one. That sounds like a fantastic tradition! Have a great time!

@jimboden3 You also have some great plans! I hope you enjoy this well earned break!
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    My December goals are:

Lose 2-3 lbs/wk
    Cardio 6x/wk
    10,000 steps daily (except Sunday)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,451 Member
    Options

no goals for me until I feel better ...November was a wash and it looks like December will be a wash too...I just hope I feel better by the end of December since it will be my Birthday
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Well, it looks like I will be buying, yet another scale! I thought I dropped it into a wardrobe box knowing I'd open those pretty quickly. All are open an unpacked, no scale!!!

So frustrating. You will probably find it just after you get a new one.

Well, if I find it in 30 days...I can return....actually Amazon has an extended return period due to the Holidays! It was also on sale for $17... :) It's supposed to arrive on Wednesday...Not sure what happened to my Prime membership :)

This is definitely the longest I've gone without stepping on a scale!

• itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 3,976 Member
    Options
    Weigh-in Day
    PW: 220.2 after 15+ days of bliss ....
    CW: no clue, can’t find my scale after moving. New one on order...eta Wednesday

Step Challenge - Goal 8,500

11/26 ~ 11,739
    11/27 ~ 5,733
    11/28 ~ 10,157
    11/29 ~ 3,760
    11/30 ~ 2,964 Oh the joy's of transition. Apparent the socket that I was using to charge my fitbit doesn't work..Fit bit died and I didn't realize it.
    12/1
    12/2
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,100 Member
    Options
    The December team chat is open! Let's start the last round of (re)introductions for 2023, set some goals for finishing off the year, and getting some realistic commitments settled:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10904438/downsizers-team-chat-december-2023/p1?new=1

Finish weigh-ins and exercise stats here through the end of Saturday, and head to the new month for new stuff :smiley:
  • Learningmoments
    Learningmoments Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Friday
    PW 184.1
    CW 185.6
  • iLive2Walk
    iLive2Walk Posts: 3,220 Member
    Options
    ddainiak

Weigh in Day: Sat
    PW: 169.6
    CW: 166 😁
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    jimboden3 wrote: »
    JimBoden3
    Weigh-in Day: Friday (Dec 1, 2023)
    PW: 241.6
    CW: 242

Working multiple 12+ hour days, not exercising, not sleeping, etc. is starting to take a toll. I was actually not disappointed to only creep up this much because I know I can lose it again if I can get over this 2024 budget exercise at work. We have plans tonight with 5 other couples to go to a pop-up Christmas-themed restaurant and I have to close up the laptop at 4 pm (says my wife) so I'm really looking forward to getting away from the grind. Have a great weekend everyone!

Not sleeping and added stress equal weight gain for me. It is a small gain. Hopefulky things slow down for you. Then you can get back to losing weight. Don’t add stress by worrying about weight right now and you seem that you are doing this ok. I hope you had fun last night. How was it and what do they serve at a Christmas themed restaurant?

My December goals are:

Lose 0.5-1 pound per week (ambitious during the holidays, I know)
    Lift 3-4 days per week
    Cardio 3-4 days per week
    Minimum 6,000 steps per day.

I've been consistent during November and would like to keep the ball rolling into December and the new year.

I want to treat myself with grace if I don't hit my goals 100%, but I don't want to fool myself and backslide into old habits if I don't hit all my goals every week.

Treating yourself with kindness is such an important part of our journey. A therapist share this with me several years ago and it really resonated with me.
    My December goals are:

Lose 2-3 lbs/wk
    Cardio 6x/wk
    10,000 steps daily (except Sunday)

Great goals. We definitely need to take a rest day and Sunday is a great day to do that.

Friday
    PW 184.1
    CW 185.6

How was your week?
    ddainiak wrote: »
    ddainiak

Weigh in Day: Sat
    PW: 169.6
    CW: 166 😁

Fantastic loss! You must be getting close to goal. Enjoy your weekend. It sounds lovely. I am hoping when Garry retires we can start doing some getaways.

This discussion has been closed.