December End The Year Strong 2023

Options
124»

Replies

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hmmmmm. I really don’t have a problem with reaching 1200 calories. Dunno why! I wish I could go to 1400 but I’ve tried - even with my workouts and careful planning and tracking - I climb up. Ugh!

I’m getting more and more addicted to my strength and performance milestones. Hopefully this will help me focus less on the scale. I like a little competition for motivation and fun so joining my niece in her quest to meet the Air Force physical graduation requirements. (Conclusion - they’d throw me to the enemy!) 🤣🤣🤣

I actually wasn’t terrible and going to add the exercises to my workout!
  • SparkSpringtime69
    SparkSpringtime69 Posts: 747 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @SherryRueter I'm also a big pecan pie fan (and also key lime and coconut cream)

@CeeBeeSlim I've always wanted to be Navy Seal strong - not to go through the whole training, but just to pass the physical admissions test.

PHYSICAL SCREENING TEST MINIMUM AVERAGE OPTIMUM
    Swim 500 yard breast or side stroke 12:30 10:00 9:30
    Push-ups in two-minutes 42 79 100
    Sit-ups in two-minutes 50 79 100
    Pull-ups no time limit 06 11 25
    Run 1.5 miles 11:00 10:20 09:30

Points of Performance
    Swim
    You must perform the test using either a Side Stroke or a Breast Stroke.
    Push-ups
    Must be performed with a straight back and feet and
    hands in contact with the deck at all times. No slouching
    allowed; proper form must be strictly maintained.
    Sit-ups
    Sit on the floor with your knees bent approximately 90 degrees.
    Cross your arms in front of you with fingertips touching your
    shoulders. Exercise through the full range of motion.
    Again, proper form must be strictly maintained.
    Pull-ups
    Grip pull-up bar with PALMS FACING AWAY FROM YOU. Hands
    are to be shoulder width apart. Do not swing, kick, or bicycle to
    assist. Make sure you go all the way up (chin above bar) then ALL THE
    WAY DOWN.

I realize that Navy Seals are for the most part men in their early 20s, and I'm a woman in her early 60s, but sometimes I like to aim high, although I guess I'd have to skip the pies LOL
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @ceebeeslim maybe you will be able to add on some muscle which will help your metabolism -

I was looking at online macro calculators and they ALL have me needing to be at 1200-1300 calories for weight loss. I find that weird - not because I’m only 5’1” but for years we were told 1200 is ridiculous. How accurate is my Apple Watch? Do I really burn 2000-2100 a day? If so, should I stride to have 1200 calories or is that damaging?

Presently I’m working on 1400-1600 but honestly I’m not meticulously tracking. So todays 1400 is probably a few bites more 🤷‍♀️

I did try yesterday to give a few bites away. (To the dog) for a couple meals.

I made a fab. Taco casserole. I’ll share my link to where I store those recipes:
    https://sherryrueter.blogspot.com/2023/12/taco-casserole.html
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    I’m making this one today:

https://sherryrueter.blogspot.com/2023/12/bbq-chicken-bacon-baked-sweet-potatoes.html

Ingredients:
    2 large sweet potatoes (500g)
    10 oz (284g) canned roasted chicken breast, drained
    2 cups (170g) broccoli, steamed and chopped.
    1/2 cup (60g) onion, chopped
    1/2 cup (120g) sugar-free BBQ sauce
    1/2 cup (56g) light shredded mozzarella's
    2 tsp (10g) minced garlic
    1 tsp (4g) chili powder
    1/2 tsp (2g) minced onion
    1/2 tsp (2g) paprika
    4 tbsp (28g) bacon bits

Makes 4 servings, each:

Cal: 350, F: 5g, C: 52g (9g fiber, 11g sugar), P: 28g
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    … and I am afraid to weigh myself.
    So I went from addicted to the scale to …. This.
    My jeans fit
    My workouts have been amazing
    And I’m not focused on what that piece of plastic says
    I am okay with doing a body measurements with a tape measure
    But my weight…. If /when I can stick to 1400 for 7 days, then I will feel confident enough to know that #

Most of this I think started after my dad passed in Feb. that was the start date. Then I realized I am also 52 and hypo thyroid. And I love food. Heaven forbid I eat only if hungry. Why good lord is that so hard??? I need new hobbies. That’s what I need ….

Rambling at 6:07am this morning…. I need to go workout .

Tonight hubby and I have tickets to a NYE party. We don’t go out at night and this is in downtown Memphis. I sure hope it goes okay… I’m a little apprehensive. I’m doing jeans for warmth.

I’ll check in later. I hate that I post so long of posts but I enjoy getting it out of my head. Oh, we need a 2024 Jan thread don’t we?
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    @SparkSpringtime69 That Navy Seal test is cuh-ra-zee!!!! The basic training graduation requirements for the AF are not even close to that - 38 full sit ups in a minute and 18 pushups in a minute. I can do both but it was harrrrrrd! I also thought full sit ups weren’t great for one’s body so not sure why they still require them.

@SherryRueter - no worries about the length of your posts! I do the same!

And today has been an ambivalent day for the last 12 or so years. Mom has her massive stroke NYE so I spent the day years ago in the hospital. And then never left for the next 4 months or so. Gained weight, lost hair, became obsessed with the scale weight, blah blah. Soooo - it’s both a sad day and a day I try my best to be grateful for everything.

I know I didn’t reach my scale weight goal but can I say I do like the way I look fitness wise and in clothes. Life’s too short! Hope you all have a great NY Eve! Never liked crowds and as a NY’er went to watch the ball drop in Times Square once. Never ever again! 🤣🤣
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Happy new year to y’all ! We haven’t done a NYE in years …. Like 30.

Fly by post.

Yes that was quite the fitness test you wrote .