Weight No More Team Chat - DECEMBER 2023

Options

Replies

• daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @BodyTalking thanks for the idea of the lose weight at home in 30 days. My personal trainer wanted me to do more workouts besides her once a week visit I have with her. I just did my first 30 day workout after setting up my height, weight, body style, and weight goal. This is perfect motivation for a little something extra and it takes less than 10 minutes.

@sydditt I just signed myself and my husband up to do a 10K in April. Gives us about 20 weeks to prepare. I like and need structure. Between my once a week session with my trainer for strength training and toning, a training plan to prepare for the 10K and now this simple 30 day exercise schedule I just set up thanks to @BodyTalking, I think I have a good plan in place πŸ˜€
  • daria0919
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I ordered this on Amazon to use as my habit tracker. It’s much easier for me to just keep it right on the counter as a reminder to do these and check them off.
    mgac8mgo2xox.jpeg
    I treated myself to some colored pens/markers to make it pretty! πŸ˜†
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    @daria0919 Wow! A 10k!! 🌟 That’s amazing!

Also, your planner looks great!
  • ksludwig
    ksludwig Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Wednesday
    PW (Previous Weight): 194.2 lb (weighed in last week to check progress)
    CW (Current Weight):193.4 lb

Between 1 injured child, 1 sick child, work insanity, and the looming holidays (shopping, decorating, wrapping. hosting, etc.) I fell off the wagon. My back is killing me as my youngest is getting bigger and lifting him his getting to me. I need to get my eating under control and start working out again with a focus on my core strength.
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    ~ Weigh Day Reminders ~

Hey folks! Looks like we are off to a slow start this month - here's a quick reminder of those who had weigh days set for earlier in the week who have yet to provide an update:
    @9Harvey - Sunday
    @Laurabb99 - Monday
    @beabenitez1978 - Monday
    @deskjockey925 - Monday
    @GarysGirl78 - Monday

If you need to change your weigh day, move to the support team, be excused for this week for any reason at all... let us know! The worst thing you can do is say nothing and leave us wondering.

• deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,942 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 169
    CW (Current Weight): 169

@minstrelofsarcasm ... I am so sorry!!
    Logged it everywhere but on the thread.

It has been a rough week for me. Mostly busy with work, Christmas shopping and stuff around the house. Exercise has been a little less, but still making time for 10 minutes 3 times day and logging food.
  • daria0919
    Options
    Got a 5K walk in this afternoon with temp about 45 degrees and mostly sunny - feels like temp was 41 since it was a bit windy, but I’m really glad I did it πŸ˜€
  • daria0919
    Options
    sydditt wrote: Β»
    @daria0919 Wow! A 10k!! 🌟 That’s amazing!

Also, your planner looks great!

Thanks @sydditt πŸ˜€
  • izzified
    izzified Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day:
    No change at all this week, 335.8 lbs
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    ~Step Challenge FINAL Results ~
    NOVEMBER WEEK FIVE (Nov 26-Dec 2)
    Team Statistics -
    Steppers: 6 (plus or minus 2 for the month)
    Total Steps: 300,602 (-7.02% from last week)
    Average Steps Per Stepper: 50,100

Total Steps for the month: 1,476,312
    The Leaderboard -

@OllieAndEd2021 - 72,353 total | 10,336 average - Most Steps in One Day!!
    @andja87 - 66,516 total | 9,502 average
    @daria0919 - 54,179 total | 7,740 average
    @sydditt - 41,929 total | 5,990 average
    @BodyTalking - 38,248 total | 5,484 average
    @melaniedscott - 27,377 total | 3,911 average - MOST CONSISTENT!!!

All of our bolded steppers set a goal and met it, based on their average steps per day! A big shout out to @daria0919, who not only met her goal, she exceeded it by more than 700 steps per day, on average!!

We started the month with with 8 and ended with 6. We had >200K fewer steps this month vs October, so while we didn't do as well as we hoped, we didn't drop as much as the previous month. I know we can do better!

I put the challenge out this month again: Can we break 2 million this month?

Melanie's shameless plug for new walkers...
    This is an open invitation for the step challenge in Dec for all our new and returning peeps. I think I said this before but I'll say it again....If you would like to join our step challenge, post the previous week's steps before...6 pm CST (11 pm UTC) on Wednesday. My goal is to most Wed night or Thursday morning. We track Sun-Sat. So this is Nov's final post and Dec's first week (Dec 3-9) will get posted Dec 13. Some people post by the day, some do weekly total. What ever is most comfortable for you.

If you think, oh, I don't do that well, I don't get that many steps, I would always be at the bottom...take a look at my steps...it takes work to step less than me...or maybe the opposite...I'll just leave it at very few people step less than me generally. I joined the step challenge way back when in hopes I could shame myself into walking more. It is obvious I have no shame...

As you can see above, we do a shoutout for most steps in a day and most consistent. If you post weekly only, you won't be in the running there. Sometimes, I make other "awards" up. I almost got biggest slacker again this month but I was too tired....
  • ljdanny
    ljdanny Posts: 2,085 Member
    Options
    Ljdanny
    Thurs
    Cw 187.4
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    S. M. T. W. T. F. S.
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ Meditation
    🩷πŸ₯΄πŸ’›πŸ₯΄πŸ’™βšͺβšͺ 6+ hrs Sleep
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šβšͺβšͺβšͺ 1.5 ltrs Water

I changed my basic goals for this month...it is December, after all, and this is what I need.
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    My Xiaomi watch has told me I'm a shark according to my sleep patterns 🦈
    6efl10joov8a.jpg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    @BodyTalking Oh boy, it looks like you and I have similar struggles with sleep. My body tends to cap my sleep at 6-6.5 hours at most, as if my brain doesn't need more time off than that.
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    @CassieGetsFit2013 - Yeah, I can absolutely move you to the support team, with the intent of returning in January. Keep in mind you can still weigh-in with us and provide updates - it might even help keep you on track.

Okay, thanks! I will try and get myself doing better so I don't blow this whole month off before January. This will be my first Christmas without my Grandfather and Mom, so it'd been rough, then my Birthday's in January. Trying to truck along, just really really need to get more committed to this weight loss! So many people have started after me, and are reaching their goals, I've lost a lot of pounds before, I know I can do it again, just want it to stay off this time around!

• Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 258.0
    CW: 257.5

I got back my half pound I gained from last week, LOL. At least I am going in the right direction.
  • gillwellow
    gillwellow Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

CW: 81.8kg

Stay safe everyone facing threat of bushfires or flooding today and next few days in Australia
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love reading everyones' introductions. My weight in days are Monday because it helps me stay accountable on the weekend, but typically don't get around to posting about my weight until Thursdays.

Laurabb99
    weigh in Mondays
    PW 208
    CW 208.4

I'm 42 years old wife and mother of 5 and live in Texas. My oldest is 14 and youngest will be 3 in January. He is almost fully potty trained woohoo! Just figuring out how to get the pants off in time. I'm working on getting the baby weight to feel like myself again. It's really hard though having even less time than the last time I did this.
    This is also my second year to homeschool. So, I'm trying to stay on top of grading Geometry while teaching my 4 yr old to read and write :D . When I walk or workout, I typically bring them all because it's their PE.
    I have 60 lbs to lose. I struggle most with tracking my food.

@sydditt I'd love to know how you get 30 g of protein in each meal. I struggle getting enough daily.
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    @Laurabb99 I can’t even imagine how crazy your life must be.

I do my planning the night before. But I also am a creature of habit and have a couple of breakfasts and lunches that I rotate to make it easy during the week. Breakfast is when I tend to get fiber in, and I just don’t want to make and clean up eggs every morning when I’m trying to get out the door. I do either a fiber cereal or a fiber oatmeal, plus coffee and a protein shake.

Lunch is usually Greek yogurt with chia seeds added, and then a flax/fiber toast with avocado or nut butter or hard boiled eggs. I usually have grilled chicken on hand in the fridge and sometimes will also throw some in a bowl with arugula, canned black or garbanzo beans and salsa for a dressing.

Dinner is whatever I’m making for my family, but I always try to make sure it involves some sort of protein to go with whatever rice/pasta I’m making.

Hope it helps!
This discussion has been closed.