g12xdcg6iumj.jpeg
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Mon-Sun)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙😟🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡💛😟💙💜🖤 (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡💛😟💙😟🖤 (Steps 5k+)

So it’s been a weekend full of parties - 3 to be exact. Lots of food. Lots of drink. Amazing times.

But….. everyone today was sharing all the pictures they took. I was feeling pretty good about my 15lb weight loss until I saw myself next to everyone else. I still just look soft, round and blah in all the pics. 😩

I’m definitely going to get a new hair style when I go in next month. And, I’ll continue the hard work. I did a strength workout today, plus a lot of shoveling as well as a hike in the snow. The next neighborhood party will likely be in Jan/Feb. Here’s hoping those pics are better.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Mon-Sun)
    ❤️🧡💛💚💙😟🖤 (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡💛😟💙💜🖤 (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡💛😟💙😟🖤 (Steps 5k+)

So it’s been a weekend full of parties - 3 to be exact. Lots of food. Lots of drink. Amazing times.

But….. everyone today was sharing all the pictures they took. I was feeling pretty good about my 15lb weight loss until I saw myself next to everyone else. I still just look soft, round and blah in all the pics. 😩

I’m definitely going to get a new hair style when I go in next month. And, I’ll continue the hard work. I did a strength workout today, plus a lot of shoveling as well as a hike in the snow. The next neighborhood party will likely be in Jan/Feb. Here’s hoping those pics are better.

Do you have pics of yourself 15 lbs ago? Comparing yourself to anyone other than yourself is an exercise in frustration and sadness (unless you know people who are larger, softer). Compare you now to you 15 lbs ago and in another 15 lbs, compare to where you were today.

Though, I will say, there are some folks who work in my building who are a lot bigger than me. And I'm big. I see them and I think, THIS. THIS IS WHY I HAVE TO KEEP WORKING ON EXERCISE AND DIET. As bad as I feel about where I am now, I would feel so much worse if I was there. For all I know, they are happy with who they are snd that is great...but I would not be and I have to put effort into not going there. That can work as motivation, too.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I’ve been looking for an old photo and found an old back up drive from an old laptop. Went through “memory lane” of photos of hubby and me from 2011 (wow! 12 years ago!). I was a totally normal weight and actually looked pretty!! Kept telling hubby he really did marry a pretty wife. Fast forward to 30 pounds plus in today’s world. Sad… how I let myself go so badly. GLAD that I’m working on myself now. Have a lot of gray hair now (due to years of stress over the loss of my son to cancer, I believe). None of my sisters, both older and younger have much gray at all. But, even though I have more gray and a lot more wrinkles in my 60s now, I believe I can get back to looking pretty once I lose my weight. Seeing those old photos has motivated me even more to try working on myself.

Thanks all for being here for me and for the others trying to work on our weight loss and health.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    sydditt wrote: »

15 pounds is a wonderful loss!! I’m sure you look a lot better than you think since we’re our own worst critic. You’re doing great @sydditt!
  • CassieGetsFit2013
    CassieGetsFit2013 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Sunday
    PW: 235.6
    CW: 238.6

At this point I'm not even trying. I need to turn things around! So tired of being fat and out of shape, but it's so hard staying committed. *SIGH*
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫
    🩷🧡⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ Meditate
    🥴🥴⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep
    🩷🧡⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ 1.5 ltrs Water
    🥴🧡⚪⚪⚪⚪⚪ Yoga/Exercise
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    daria0919 wrote: »
    I’ve been looking for an old photo and found an old back up drive from an old laptop. Went through “memory lane” of photos of hubby and me from 2011 (wow! 12 years ago!). I was a totally normal weight and actually looked pretty!! Kept telling hubby he really did marry a pretty wife. Fast forward to 30 pounds plus in today’s world. Sad… how I let myself go so badly. GLAD that I’m working on myself now. Have a lot of gray hair now (due to years of stress over the loss of my son to cancer, I believe). None of my sisters, both older and younger have much gray at all. But, even though I have more gray and a lot more wrinkles in my 60s now, I believe I can get back to looking pretty once I lose my weight. Seeing those old photos has motivated me even more to try working on myself.

Thanks all for being here for me and for the others trying to work on our weight loss and health.

I bet he still thinks he has a pretty wife!
  • melaniedscott
    Options

At this point I'm not even trying. I need to turn things around! So tired of being fat and out of shape, but it's so hard staying committed. *SIGH*

What is one thing you can do that will improve your health? Pick one. Do it consistently. Doesn't matter if you lose weight ... Just improve one habit. Maybe it is eating one piece of friut or one extra veg or whole grain bread instead of white (I don't know what you eat) or taking a 30 minute walk a day. Do it for 3 weeks--that's how habits build.
  • sydditt
    edited December 2023
    Options

You’ll eventually find your thing. For me it was stopping the 30-60 minute cardio workout videos. I hate them, and I refuse to do them for the rest of my life. I go for walks instead. When I telework, my neighbors will often see me walking down to the stop sign and back (6 min) before my next teleconference. Just getting some movement in.

When I do cardio now, it’s super short. 10-20 min max. I don’t mind getting on a spin bike for 10 min.

I heard someone say on a podcast, “You lose your muscle, and then you die.” That resonated with me, and over the past few months, I’ve tried to stop thinking about losing body fat, and start focusing on building muscle. Caroline Girvan has great dumbbell workouts on YouTube, and I’m going to start her “Iron” series in January. I also like weight lifting because I can pretty much eat as much protein as I want in a day, and I don’t feel like I’m starving to death. I don’t dread the workouts like I used to when I did tons of cardio, and I feel good afterward.

It’s December so it’s super hard to diet. I’m pretty much allowing myself some latitude with sweets as long as I’ve also exercised and eaten the healthy food I had planned. It’s the holidays so don’t be too hard on yourself.

I think the most important thing is finding healthy food that you actually like that you can turn into a staple in your diet long term. And - moving, walking, finding a recreational activity that you love. Maybe some kind of group class where you keep going for the social aspect.
  • sydditt
    Options
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    ❤️🧡⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ (Protein/Fiber)
    ❤️🧡⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ (Planned Exercise)
    ❤️🧡⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️⚪️ (Steps 5k+)

Thanks everyone for your kind words earlier. Nothing really to do but keep on with the routine. I also think that I’ve gotten so used to covering up that the way I dress and do my hair probably doesn’t help. I look frumpy - like I’m trying to hide behind my hair, long sleeves and knee length dresses. I have nice definition in my shoulders now, maybe i should be showing some of that off. 🤔
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    vyrwkko00wt0.jpg
    Yay, I got 6h15m sleep but the pee breaks, ugh!
  • melaniedscott
    Options
    Little reminder for step challenge people...post your steps by 6 pm tomorrow (if you have not already).
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,942 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 169
    CW (Current Weight): 170
  • BodyTalking
    Options
    Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    🟥🟧🟨🟩🟦🟪🟫
    🩷🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ Meditate
    🥴🥴💛💚⚪⚪⚪ 6+ hrs Sleep
    🩷🧡💛💚⚪⚪⚪ 1.5 ltrs Water
    🥴🧡💛🥴⚪⚪⚪ Yoga/Exercise

I was well ready to do some exercises then, all of a sudden, my free time had zoomed off somewhere. How do I always manage to flitter away the time I have on nonsense stuff?!
  • Laurabb99
    Laurabb99 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Laurabb99
    Monday's weigh
    Pw 208.4
    Cw 210.3

I need to catch up on everyone's post
  • Stimpy56
    Stimpy56 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Weigh in day: Thursday
    PW: 257.5
    CW: 257.5

No change this week, but I expected that. We have been making homemade peanut butter fudge for family and friends last week. Of course I had to sample some to make sure it was good to go. LOL. Go Team.
  • izzified
    izzified Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I was babysitting yesterday and missed my weigh in day.
    Current weight 332
    Previous weight 335.8
This discussion has been closed.