Steps 10-16 Dec: 33,496
    S 4892
    M 4860
    T 5589
    W 5023
    T 6160
    F 733
    S 6239

My steps should look better for the end of the year as I'm going on holiday and that always gets me walking πŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸšΆπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ
    @melaniedscott @minstrelofsarcasm
    I'll be away from home until the 7th of January and will unlikely be able to weigh myself. I'll try to remember to weigh-in this Thursday as it's probably the last chance as I doubt there will be scales in our places of accommodation. So, please excuse me from my weigh-in Saturdays until then.

Daily Cheers to a BETTER ME!
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€Ž Meditate
    πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ€Ž 6+ hrs Sleep
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ’šπŸ’™πŸ’œπŸ€Ž 1.5 ltrs Water
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘πŸ’›πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ€Ž Yoga/Exercise

Instead of exercising, I'll change to increasing my steps this week!

mjh9wnu2nli8.gif

• jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,222 Member
    Options
    The December Week 3 Group Challenge is open and active. Please join us for a Targeted Exercise Week. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10905182/december-week-3-group-challenge-targeted-exercise-challenge/p1?new=1

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Melaniedscott
    Sat weigh in
    PW:235
    CW:235

kuq4or6c6rwu.png
    Not as good as last but better than nothing. Haven't been feeling terrific, not bad, just meh. Husband thinks I have a cold or something. He could be right.
  • daria0919
    daria0919 Posts: 793 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    Please change my step goal to an 8000 step average - I’ve moved up from doing 7000. Thanks!

095wvmg8rp6s.jpeg
    ll8glk9cvx79.jpeg
  • andja87
    andja87 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    4ki6zjcnvbay.jpeg
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    n1bx52w74edw.png

9nqjkuozkjq6.png

Team Results
    By Percentage
    hio753f2y05s.png

By Pounds
    zk5udchp524o.png

Individual Results
    By Percentage
    zw1acubz0d7w.png
    man5req4fpaa.png

By Pounds
    vy191aji2rrm.png

Team Winners
    vb6s63jp7s61.png
  • sydditt
    sydditt Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    ji15aoabwqob.jpeg
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    🩷βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ Meditate
    πŸ₯΄βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6+ hrs Sleep
    🩷βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 1.5 ltrs Water
    πŸ₯΄βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6,000+ Steps

I didn't get my step goal but I did get a lot of other things done today, like laundry, shopping, recycling, organising some details of our holiday, checking all the basic necessities were bought and packed - yes, I've started packing my suitcase! I mean, it's not the early hours of the day we're flying, so that's quite an achievement on my part πŸ˜† Oh, and I've made a big pot of soup with all the vegetables that were in the fridge - another positive move instead of having to bin the unused or rotting veg! The last time we went on holiday, I froze the veg, hmm, the celery and tomatoes were ok for soup, but the carrots were yuchy looking! I guess they're best par-cooked before freezing πŸ€·β€β™€οΈ Anyhoo, only yoghurt, avocado and dragon fruit to eat before we go, so that's a breeze πŸ₯‘
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Good morning, I'm Darren from Team Slimpossible. I'm stopping by to let you know I think you are all doing awesome!
    I pray you all have a super duper Merry Christmas and a Great New Year!
  • deskjockey925
    deskjockey925 Posts: 4,942 Member
    Options
    Weigh In Day: Monday
    PW (Previous Weight): 170
    CW (Current Weight): 170
  • BodyTalking
    BodyTalking Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ🟫 (Sun-Sat)
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ Meditate
    πŸ₯΄πŸ₯΄πŸ’›βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6+ hrs Sleep
    πŸ©·πŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 1.5 ltrs Water
    πŸ₯΄πŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺβšͺβšͺβšͺ 6,000+ Steps
  • daria0919
    Options
    @BodyTalking nice job continuing to keep up with your habit tracking!

I’ve been battling a cold/flu for almost a week now. I’ve still been trying to get walks/runs/steps in though and still making an effort to eat well. Keeping up with my habits on my paper tracker. Doing pretty okay with that. Will see what the scale says Saturday.

@sydditt how’s tracking going for you? Still getting your prepared workouts in?

We as a TEAM came in SECOND this past week!! Great job all!!
    GO TEAM WEIGHT NO MORE!! Let’s do this!! Ra Ra Ra!! πŸ˜€πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»
  • sydditt
    Options
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Protein/Fiber)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Planned Exercise)
    ❀️βšͺοΈπŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Steps 5k+)

I’m doing - ok - this week. Fell off the wagon in a huge way yesterday when a co-worker gifted me with some caramels for Christmas. First time I’ve been truly out of control since September. Still got my protein & fiber in as well as a 10 min trigger workout (which was all I had planned). Today I teleworked so I was able to sleep in a 1/2 hour later, do a 20 min spin and a 10 min HIIT and be logged on and at my desk right on time. Love telework days! It was beautiful out today so I did a 1/2 hour walk over lunch and got a 50 min weight workout in later in the day.

Hope you feel better soon @daria0919
  • daria0919
    Options
    sydditt wrote: Β»
    πŸŸ₯🟧🟨🟩🟦πŸŸͺ⬛️ (Sun - Sat)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Protein/Fiber)
    β€οΈπŸ§‘πŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Planned Exercise)
    ❀️βšͺοΈπŸ’›βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️βšͺ️ (Steps 5k+)

I’m doing - ok - this week. Fell off the wagon in a huge way yesterday when a co-worker gifted me with some caramels for Christmas. First time I’ve been truly out of control since September. Still got my protein & fiber in as well as a 10 min trigger workout (which was all I had planned). Today I teleworked so I was able to sleep in a 1/2 hour later, do a 20 min spin and a 10 min HIIT and be logged on and at my desk right on time. Love telework days! It was beautiful out today so I did a 1/2 hour walk over lunch and got a 50 min weight workout in later in the day.

Hope you feel better soon @daria0919

@sydditt thanks. I’m hoping that I’m on the mend.
    And, I’m exhausted just reading about all the working out you did! Great job!!
  • minstrelofsarcasm
    minstrelofsarcasm Posts: 2,348 Member
    Options
    Quick Ashley Update:

The Bad:

My mom's doctor found a tumor - they're getting it biopsied next week, and they expect it to be benign, but it's still stressing everyone out. That stress, on top of the standard stressors of the holidays, is not doing good things for my mental or physical health.

The Good:

My company's holiday party is Thursday this week, and it's going to be hosted at the Botanical Gardens. So while it's during the workday and not likely to have alcohol provided, there's going to be food and plants, and I won't have to get any work done all day!

Also, I am checking out a nearby Burn Bootcamp tomorrow morning. They're in the middle of their soft open right now, and the owner reached out to me to be a trainer with them (assuming I like the format after I pop in). They officially open the first week of January, so I may be officially using my Personal Training Certification earlier than expected.

A Question: (well, a couple...)

After you got started focusing on your health, what kept you going? Was it a community you found? A specific exercise format you loved? One surprisingly delicious healthy food?
  • sydditt
    edited December 2023
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm I’m sorry to hear about your mom. Fingers crossed that the biopsy comes back as benign. Keep us posted!

Your new opportunity sounds exciting! I don’t know much about Burn Boot Camps. Hopefully, you’ll be able to tailor the workouts to individuals, rather than it being a one-size-fits-all.
    A Question: (well, a couple...)

After you got started focusing on your health, what kept you going? Was it a community you found? A specific exercise format you loved? One surprisingly delicious healthy food?

Doing challenges like this one, and listening to podcasts like Chalene Johnson, Dr Gabrielle Lyon Show, and Mind Pump keep me motivated.

I started looking for podcasts and books to begin with because I signed my daughter and I up for a weightlifting class at our local gym (she needs it for her sport) and wanted to research nutrition to support it.

I’ve always thought that for exercise, cardio was the main event and weightlifting was the extra thing you did if you’d gotten your cardio in. I have an acute dislike of jumping around and running for any length of time so I’ve never been able to stick to any exercise. Hearing that, at 48, I just need to pick up some heavy dumbbells (or a barbell) a few times a week and go for walks (steady state cardio) made all the difference in the world. I actually still do some cardio, but it’s because I like to spin, and I do short runs/hiit so I can walk up the hills around my house faster. I keep my cardio short - it’s more like doing sprints, so hopefully it’s not too damaging.

Also being able to keep my calories around 1500-1600 by eating non-inflammatory foods and focusing on protein and fiber has really helped. I’ve never been able to stick to diets where I was eating 1200-1300 calories a day.

I will say, that it’s mostly the community that has kept me going through plateaus, etc… ❀️

• daria0919
    Options
    @minstrelofsarcasm fingers crossed and prayers your mother’s way that all works out!

Awesome that you might be putting your newly earned personal training to use πŸ˜€

This group and a running group I joined as well are the absolute reasons why I’m enjoying my current weight loss efforts and am paying more attention to my health. I’m also committed to working with a personal trainer once a week who kicks my butt πŸ˜‚
This discussion has been closed.