Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 I love salmon, too. Sounds like if I ever make it to Aldi's, I already know a few things I need to get! :D Congrats on the loss!

@txcritter69 OH man, I hope the smell is gone by the time you check in today.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! That's awesome you are over your sugar cravings. Sorry you are having trouble getting to sleep. Yay for feeling good! Ooh I love that kind of snack. I have done that before. You need to make my hummus recipe but don't add oil, use water instead: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/14830/hummus-iii/ Yes to be nicer to yourself! I like the new mantra!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! I'd say that would be a good time to have a piece of dark chocolate! I'm glad you got some feedback about eating from your group and it helped. Congrats on 19 days sugar-free! Good luck with the morning coffee, you got this! Congrats on the loss!

@morenin Congrats on drinking lots of water and less soda! Great NSV!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I did pretty well. The Skittles tropicals are soooo good! I'm surprised how many people don't like ice, too. I hope you were able to relax.

@Cornanda Great job, Lisa! Ice in milk is definitely weird. Violet is with Gus: she loves to eat ice cubes and also does NOT have a discerning palate. She will literally eat anything off the floor. She's trying to kill herself lol.

Hi all. Yesterday was a better day in a lot of ways: I had my review at work and got high scores and good remarks from my manager. There was a work situation that upset me but I brushed it off and didn't go to the cafe or vending machines over it. I ended the day with a work victory: I figured out a problem that had been frustrating me all day. I drank a lot of water and ate healthily.

No Zero Days: Stuck to my planned snack, didn't eat my feelings, drank a lot of water, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • davors19
    davors19 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    davors19
    Weigh in day: Friday
    PW: 256
    CW: 257
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 693 Member
    edited January 19
    Options
    19shmoo69 wrote: »

Question: What kind of ice do you like? .

@19shmoo69 would it be too personal if I said I'd like my ice in a cube trailed down the side of my neck by Sam Heughan on a hot summer day?

@Katmary71 they sell silicone ice trays that make ice in long bars to fit a water bottle

Cubes from regular ice trays is what I use most often

In restaurants I like small chunks so I can chew on them when my drink is gone

Odd fact: My daughter bruises if she has ice in her drinks. Her naturopath pointed it out and she's tested it out many times. She has issues with low iron so maybe the ice exacerbates the effects

• bethanie0825
    bethanie0825 Posts: 1,474 Member
    Options
    bethanie0825
    Day - Friday
    PW - 264
    CW - 266.4 :neutral:

I finally got approved for my Saxenda. I've already been walking more and watching the snacking. I really sit and think about whether I'm hungry, bored, or tired. Being tired really ups my want for carbs and sometimes, I just give in. My bloodwork looks great and I've actually lost a couple pounds from my Dr appointment earlier this week; but my weight fluctuates daily so I'm bouncing between 260-270 on any given day.

It has definitely been chilly here in Central NC. When I went to work on Wednesday at my PT job, it was 26F at 1000am, which is not super common for here. I grew up in NE Ohio but I haven't lived there in almost 19 years. But next weekend, we'll be above normal and probably get even more rain. It's been a wet fall/winter already, thanks El Nino lol

My favorite ice is crushed.

I'm working on track all the foods which I have not been doing.
  • vegan4lyfe2012
    vegan4lyfe2012 Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Oh - If you want to really get the chills, here's drone footage of the lighthouse in St. Joseph, Michigan. That's the city I work in. Brrrr!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxvjbJwMg6Q
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    Username: micaroo4
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    CW: 129.8
    PW: 129.8
    Maintenance range: 127-133, center weight 130
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @trooworld That IS a great hummus recipe. I'm glad to hear the good scores and comments about work, that's awesome! Wonderful job not turning to food when you were upset, you did great!

@865jessica Oh no I'm so sorry to hear about your pipe bursting! Sounds like your hands are full at home. I'm glad your husband figured out how to repair it!

@TeresaW2024 Sounds like your Mom should've had the elementary school's number to track down that list! You're doing awesome right now I'm so glad you're feeling better. We'll need pics of you modeling those clothes! I love the quote, a great example of that is with holidays, if you're eating healthy and working out the rest of the time one Thanksgiving dinner won't change anything. Funny I was listening to a “change how you think” podcast at the greenhouse today!

@Jactop Hahaha most interesting ice cube answer so far! Hubba Hubba I don't think ice can stay in a frozen state around him he's so hot! I had to Google him. Interesting about your daughter and ice, I wonder if it's the low iron of something else? I Googled that too and it can be related to iron. I'm learning all kinds of fascinating tidbits today! I'm glad you're not quitting, congratulations on getting to the farmer's market and stocking up on healthy goodies.

@19shmoo69 I love iced mugs for beer.

@bethanie0825 that's great news on your blood work and losing a couple pounds! Great news on the Saxenda too. We're about to get rain again but haven't been that low temps like you and most of the country, hang in there spring isn't too far away. Being tired I think has us off because of cortisol, I usually crave carbs then too.

@vegan4lyfe2012 LOL I thought @morenin was talking of stuff for her, I missed that it's the dog's gear until I read your comment! That picture looks SUPER cold yikes! What an awesome coworker you have. I love those teas, I can't find the blueberry in stores anymore. I'm currently on a pitcher of Wild Berry Zinger. Keep being awesome so glad you're feeling good! If you like licorice Stash's licorice spice is really good cold, I've been getting that a lot lately but ran out.

Hi friends! Spent the morning at the greenhouse and got a lot done, I have some serious thinning to do of the spring stuff then I'll see what's up from today's summer seeding. I'm getting anxious for my last two seed orders to get here so I can get my stuff going. Speaking of I need to go look in the yard after this and see if anything here is ready to be harvested. I decided not to go to the store and took a nap instead, storm's getting to me. I have minutes to do for the board then back to my book. Tomorrow's an open house of the non profits, not sure if I'll go but both the charity and food bank farm will be there. Have a great night and wonderful Saturday! We're celebrating my brother's 50th birthday tomorrow, I was going to get him concert tickets but was being nice and asked my SIL if she was interested and she still hasn't gotten back to me so I bought Disney bucks for their Disneyworld trip instead. Should've just bought tickets for Steve and I but I'm trying to include my SIL too and she listens to more mellow music than us.
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- Violet sounds like a handful, a very cute handful. Congrats on your excellent review and having a healthy day. Nice loss!

@865jessica - thank goodness your husband fixed that pipe! Yikes!

@TeresaW2024 - Whahoo on your loss! I get those James Clear emails too and that quote resonated with me. I just remembered to look up that spider and it is SO disgusting!

@katmary71- Yay! we didn't quit! A new year of your green thumb- I know you love that.

@Jactop - that sounds like some nice ice! I enjoyed hearing about all your crafts. I tend to have high ambitions for crafts, but not the skills to make them happen. You have the skills!

@19shmoo69 - Milk crystals hmmm.... said in a regular voice. :)

@bethanie0825 - wishing you well with the Saxenda and tracking!

@vegan4lyfe2012 - You're going to have cabin fever if it doesn't stop snowing. A new grandbaby will definitely perk up your winter though. I love seeing the creative meals you are making for yourself. I might give those teas a try, are you saying they taste more fruit-ish than tea-ish? I like tea OK (don't judge me @19shmoo69) but I tend to buy them, drink a couple, then leave them sit unused so trying to avoid that.

@tammymccrady6278 - I'm so sorry about your kitty and I agree about bereavement days. 55 pounds is amazing! Keep up the good work!

Not much going on here this weekend. Going to mix catching up on my housework with some relaxing.

Lisa

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @865jessica That's great your husband was able to fix the pipe. Yay for the water!

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! And yes, I believe so. :D I'm glad you are feeling better lately and congrats for your hard work! A bunch of days....yes! Very insightful post, Teresa. Thanks for that.

@Jactop HAHAHAHA! and that's interesting about your daughter. Wow, that's really cool! You are definitely crafty! That's great that your mom knew the perfect thing to get you for your wedding. That's good you stocked up on healthy food. I hope your venture out in the cold snow went okay.

@bethanie0825 That's great you were approved for Saxenda!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thank you! Yes, Violet IS a maniac lol. Thank you! Oh my gosh, that is too cold. That was so nice of your coworker. Yay for doing great with food! How's your water? Awesome idea about the Zingers. Wow that video is pretty but looks so cold lol.

@Katmary71 Thanks! :D I hope you enjoy the time with your family today.

@tammymccrady6278 I'm so very sorry about your kitty. I also think there should be bereavement days, absolutely. These pets are part of our family and are so beloved. Hugs.

@gemwolf110 Congrats on the loss!

Hi all. I woke up with another migraine but took some meds so it should go away. We are going to the zoo for fun and exercise this morning before the rain is supposed to hit. Yesterday, I put a bunch of chicken breasts in the Ninja Foodi and pressure-cooked them to shred for recipes this week. I did the same with a beef roast that I made barbacoa/Mexican flavored. It's supposed to rain hard today. I will probably open the windows and put on some jazz music (I love to listen to Miles Davis's Kind of Blue album in the rain) and craft!

No Zero Days: Prepped some shredded chicken for healthy meals next week, didn't snack, tracked

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
This discussion has been closed.