Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @morenin I had that happen to me with the pants falling when I’d gone back to college about 4 years ago, the last thing a bunch of 18-year-olds want to see is a 50-year-old with her pants down, haha! I ran out to get new pants after that, I’d been trying to go straight to goal weight without buying clothes but not with that near miss! It actually was real inspiring to buy new ones at that time so I’m glad I did.

@micaroo4 I’m glad you got a walk in, sounds pretty but cold! It’s amazing what a difference some time in the sun makes. How fun have a great time at the senior center, you’re making a lot of people so happy! I really admire your “adventures”! It’s scary but I think you’ll be proud of yourself and have fun once you’re there for a bit. Yay I’m so glad it went well, perfect songs to play too!

@tammymccrady6278 Milo’s so handsome, I wish there was something I could say or do but know it takes time and there will always be a “Milo” hole. Are the dogs acting different now without their brother? I hope they’re giving you extra snuggles. Huge hugs to you.

@trooworld Enjoy the walk today! Awesome steps, I definitely don’t get that many! That’s so sweet Daisy tried to comfort her, sounds like they’ve reached the “you’re a PITA but you’re MY PITA” stage! I love that photo of them together!

@Veta2018 Oh my gosh your husband’s business would be perfect for your garden! My ex-boyfriend in my late teens was a tree climber for his Dad’s business and he was always bringing home nests of baby squirrels, they rarely lived even bottle feeding all night and I must’ve buried 100s of them in my backyard (he seriously made me cry more than any other guy just because of those!). His mom used to raise them and let them go, weirdly she did it with milk which I now know isn’t good for them but didn’t know then. Thank you for the recipe!

@txcritter69 Ugh hope everything goes well with the extractions tomorrow, good idea to plan on a relaxing weekend. Have you ever used the recipe finder on MFP? You can find out calories by doing that and double-checking it, I use it even if calories are listed as they seem to be wrong quite often for recipes.

@sleepygirl79 I thought I’d deleted your name, I saw that in between my posts you and one other person had posted your weigh-ins but hadn’t seen it until I’d posted, I did get them even if I didn’t delete your name thanks! I’ll double-check as soon as I post this too just in case. I’ve done yoga but am not currently doing it, Yoga with Bird and Yoga with Adrienne are real good on YouTube. @micaroo4 your explanation is great, I have issues doing some of the poses and feel bad modifying but I love how you worded that. @sleepygirl79 I DO have your weigh in thank you!

@FushiaKat I’ve noticed that too about needing more sleep during flares, I hope you’re feeling better soon. Did you know if you leave leaf piles for a long time they develop leaf mold that is GREAT for the root systems of your plants? Some gardeners recommend leaving leaf piles for a couple years to get real good microbiomes. I’m seriously planning on going in the greenbelt by my house to bring some home for my garden. Yum those bars sound awesome! I love baking as well and miss it.

@vegan4lyfe2012 Funny I actually have been zesting and putting it in a bowl under the kitchen table fan to dry and save. Little Oliver is taking his sweet time, glad to hear the contractions are happening! Your little pisces should be here soon. Your self-care will be hugging little Oliver soon! Boy every holiday is going to be extra fun with all the little ones, you’re very blessed!

@TeresaW2024 I got the Frontega chicken sandwich and Autumn harvest soup. I love that soup I need to go one more time before they take it away! Oh no I hope you’re able to get everything done for your boss, I’m sure he already knows you’re extremely valuable!

Hi friends, I need to run as I ordered a Papa Murphy’s pizza to bake later after my neighbor and I move wood chips and it’s ready. I forgot I’m using an antihistamine as a sleeping pill and hadn’t discontinued it before my allergy appointment so it was moved to next week which is ANOTHER week without allergy meds now, grrr. Been working on my woodchip pile off and on, my neighbor offered to help me tonight after work instead of running and I want to be able to feed her without having to cook much.
    What can I do for better self care: I’m stretched pretty thin right now I need to be able to take some time to myself at nights but unfortunately this isn’t the week it will happen. I’m definitely happier when I can fit a bath and reading in!
  • megnolia82
    megnolia82 Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Super late Sunday weigh in Jan 28

212 pounds.

Blech. Bad week all around :(
  • Jactop
    Jactop Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Weigh in: Monday
    PW 203
    CW 203.2
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- Poor Violet- I hope she feels better- what a cute pic

@vegan4lyfe2012 - well now it's 1/31, so Oliver just might be a Feb baby- hope everything goes well.

@sleepygirl79- C Dorner Fitness has a 30 day mobility and flexibility program on YouTube- and other stretching videos- not yoga, but might help

For self care this week, I will do my best to not eat my feelings, take some walks and stick to my diet while I'm away. Leaving today.

Lisa
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,952 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Yes! LOL that's a good idea but then I would frustrate myself too. :D Thank you! Great idea to practice mindfulness again.

@txcritter69 No, I haven't tried that but I did ask him on Monday when he could help me with it and he said any time I need help. So, now, when we get home tonight, I'm going to ask. 7,000 steps is awesome! I'm glad you found a goal that works for you. Thank you! Rest is great self-care. Oh no, I hope it's not painful to get those teeth removed! Take care. Good luck with tracking, that is a good idea to try something new.

@sleepygirl79 I have done yoga and have really enjoyed it. It helps my mobility and makes me feel more at peace. I need to do it again. I think it should help with your stiffness. I really like Yoga with Adriene: https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene I do this one quite often at work and feel great afterward: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAUf7aajBWE&list=PLui6Eyny-UzziN5FGuxItfxlbHVrrk7jt&index=2

@vegan4lyfe2012 Way to go! We probably did talk about this lol. Baby Oliver is sure taking his time! :D

@micaroo4 I'm glad you had fun.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! It's hard to get steps in when you are mostly at home. Thank you! OH gosh, 3 pages of notes! Good luck getting it done, I know you got this!!!

@Katmary71 Thanks but because of going to the vet, I didn't get a walk in. Hopefully today! LOL exactly what stage they are in. I'm sorry you had to move your appointment, that sucks. I hope you can get back to self-care soon.

@Cornanda Thank you! I wish you luck on your trip. Congrats on that great weigh-in!

DISCUSSION QUESTION: What can I do to practice more self-care this week? I can take a walk today at work and tomorrow if it is raining, I can do some chair yoga. Friday, when I am home, I can either take a walk or I can do a walking video in my living room. I can also get the walking pad set up. I will continue to track as well.

Hi all. Violet is okay, she has PINKEYE! I didn't even know dogs could get it but she has it. The vet said it shouldn't spread to Daisy, so that's good. The vet gave us an antibiotic ointment for Violet which should take care of it. I did a wee bit of eating my feelings while I was making dinner: I made Tortilla Chicken Verde Chili which contained fritos and I ate some of the fritos. :( But that is the only bit of emo eating I did.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything and drank 89 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @txcritter69 - I tracked on paper for a little while. It's not so hard if you eat the same foods all the time. I like trying new recipes, so I will definitely be putting the Lemon Chicken Gnocchi on my grocery list.
    @micaroo4 - I'm glad your little concert at the senior center went well. Those are some great song choices. Sounds like fun.
    @FushiaKat - Butterscotch Blonde Bars sound yummy! I hope you start feeling better so your able to get some de-cluttering done. I started off strong but have been slacking on my de-cluttering. I need to get back to it.
    @sleepygirl79 - I do a little yoga here and there. I modify the moves a little. You do you. @micaroo4 said it perfectly.
    @vegan4lyfe2012 - Great job on dropping some weight. I'm so excited for you to welcome your new bundle of joy!
    @TeresaW2024 - I hope you got through you huge list and Impressed your new boss.
    @Katmary71 - Reminds me of this one time, when I ran over a nests of baby bunny's with the lawn mower. It was horrible...I cried and couldn't finish mowing. That's interesting to know that leaving leaf piles can form microbiomes. I can't wait for garden season.
    @Cornanda - Congrats on the weight loss. Sounds like you were surprised. Your consistency paid off. Have a safe trip.
    @trooworld - You're doing great at consistently tracking and drinking water.

As I practice mindfulness this week, I'm going to do some Yoga too. I'm going to check out the suggestions y'all gave.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options

@Katmary71 I love the Frontega chicken sandwich. I’ve never had the Autumn soup because I always get the broccoli cheddar, which is my favorite. In the summer I love the Fuji chicken salad. :) Is being outside with all those woodchips aggravating to your allergies? You are a very busy woman and I agree that you need to slow down a bit and make some time for yourself. <3

@Cornanda not eating our feelings is the one I struggle with too. I hope your trip goes well. <3

@trooworld I am glad Violet is OK. I didn’t know dogs could get pinkeye either. I love Fritos! :D

Good morning! I thought I better get on now or it won’t happen. I did my leg workout this morning but I wasn’t able to do several moves because I have some kind of bone issue with the top of my left foot that likes to flair up and today was the day. Uggh!! Joe has a doctor's appointment with his oncologist to test his hemoglobin to see if he needs a shot to raise it and then this evening I have a leadership meeting at the church. Y’all have a good day! :)
    Word for 2024 - Strive

What can I do to practice more self-care this week?
    I think I’ve been doing a good job by being consistent with my workouts. I’m also really dedicated to my skincare routine, which is so important. And for relaxation, I usually get about an hour or so in the afternoon to do some puzzle time while watching TV or listening to a podcast.

• morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Being too sick to eat is not how I wanted to lose weight! Down 2.5 lb. from Sunday, which is bizarre. I assume it's all water weight. I will be a little quiet today.
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda Sending you lots of love and strength for your trip. Oh I added your weigh-in, very impressive month for you, you're doing awesome!

@trooworld Funny what you said about your husband helping made me laugh as it's reminding me of male/female communication differences. If we say we need help soon we think we've asked whereas guys prefer “I need help tomorrow night when you get home from work.” I always lead nice and sweet trying not to be annoying then a week later am mad and explode! I hope you got your walk in today and the walking pad is up soon. You did great not eating your feelings too much, wtg! Dinner sounds delicious. I saved your yoga routine thanks! My back's doing better as a whole but I'm super stuff especially in the neck and upper back so this is perfect.

@Veta2018 OMG that's terrible I'm so sorry to hear that about the baby bunnies! I can only imagine your horror, I don't think I would've been able to mow again either. I'm excited to hear how your self care goes.

@TeresaW2024 I'm still putting 1020 after your name haha! The first time I had the Frontega sandwich I didn't care for it but it was better this time. I think I said the Mediterranean sandwich is real good, it has roasted red pepper, feta, hummus, and other veggies. Only downfall is if I get that and Autumn harvest it's next to no protein. This one is good in summer though the mandarins are canned: https://www.tasteofhome.com/article/strawberry-poppyseed-salad-is-back-at-panera-bread/ Panera does great with being healthy and lower calorie, it's a great choice for keeping calories lower and still being good. I've had the broccoli cheddar store version but never at Panera, I'll have to try that! With it raining for a few days I should get a bowl of soup with the $1 broccoli cheddar while it's still going. I'm sorry to hear that about your foot do you know what's going on? Good luck with Joe's appointment and church tonight, glad you managed to drop in with your schedule so busy!

@morenin Aw I hope you're over this soon! Get some good rest and no worries about being quiet.

Hi team! I spent the morning at the greenhouse and got home around 1. We have a storm just starting and the wind's kicking in. My neighbor and her boyfriend came last night and with three wheelbarrows we got everything in the backyard pretty fast. I figure the rain can wash away the leftovers on the driveway. I'm going to work on my tomatoes (feel behind after starting them at the farm a couple weeks ago) then get some work done tonight. My free two months learning microcurrent by the unit creators is almost up. The holistic clinic doesn't teach if it's raining as the wifi goes down as they can't record it so my learning is at a standstill there.It's rained every Wednesday for the last 5 weeks grrr. I'm going to a class next week on a different machine I've been using which will be nice as I'm not really sure how to use it correctly. Have a great night and awesome Thursday friends!

WEIGH INS NEEDED FOR:
    @DebJB30 @littlebabekitty @JadeGypsyxo
  • AmbersWay
    AmbersWay Posts: 275 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Hi everyone

I’m keeping up on reading posts but behind on responding. Sorry! It’s been busy here. Girls are feeling better. I was down a bit, got through my dr appt/testing. They only checked the cyst in my abdomen and its still large but not any bigger and my tumor markers cane back negative which is a relief. I go back in 6 months. I saw my surgeon who did my ureter reimplantation and they set me up for tests in May. 7 years Jan 7th was that botched surgery and he began the process of fixing the mess the previous one made. Feels like yesterday. Now nuero appt next month, so by summer I’ll be free for a few months. Hopefully.

My son’s been busy in med school and received a great recommendation from one of his doctors. My youngest joined a program for future doctors through Harvard student association. She’s enjoying that. They’re first year med students teaching. So she’s excited that her brother could teach them. I may have another med student in the future. My eldest is back at university to continue her studies. She’s enjoying the new university.

I’m back on track. Im so proud of myself. I am paying more attention to my food log. I didn’t have a loss this week after being down all week. But ate bacon 2 days in a roll. I think the salt affected me. So, I will be careful in the future with that. My steps are getting better. Migraine kept me down yesterday but some tylenol has me on my feet today.

That’s my January roundup. I will work on catching up with responses.

SELFCARE?

Naps and some home spa time. When my sleep is messed up, my diet and exercise is messed up. Spa time, it just gives me a mood boost. I started yesterday after reading the post. Thanks for a reminder!
  • Oldmfp
    Oldmfp Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    littlebabekitty
    Sunday Weigh In:
    PW: 196
    CW: 196

My weight is still the same, but atleast I didnt gain any. I am 26lbs down from last year so atleast thats good was hoping for better results for my birthday, but grateful to be slimmer
  • trooworld
    Options
    @littlebabekitty Congrats on your 26 lbs down, that is awesome!

h19vnhhojow6.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @Veta2018 Thank you! I'm glad you are going to give yoga a try.

@TeresaW2024 Thanks! Fritos aren't my favorite but they did the job lol. I hope the doctor's visit goes well for Joe.

@morenin Hugs! I hope you feel better soon.

@Katmary71 Yep that's about how I am too lol. I didn't get my walk in, another chaotic day (more on that later). I hope the yoga routine helps. I like that it is short (about 5 mins if I remember right), so I can do it at work without feeling guilty about taking too much time away from work. Sounds like you are going to have a busy day, good luck with all that! It's going to rain here, too. :(

@AmbersWay I'm sure you will be glad to not have medical appts for a few months. That's great about your kids, they are doing great! Good job getting back on track.

Hi all. This will be pretty quick. I did not get my walk in yesterday (although I should have), my brother-in-law is back in the hospital and I was too stressed to do anything but show up to work. I pretracked my day but dinner was totally different than what I tracked and now I need to go back and change what I tracked. There, I just did. I was over for the day. Hopefully today will be better. I pretracked everything but dinner because I don't know what time I'll be able to cook it. We may have to pick something up. Last night, I was 2 hours late getting to bed. I'm tired today.

No Zero Days: Pretracked and drank 119 oz of water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 - You're doing great with your workout routine. I hope your foot bone feels better.
    @morenin - Great weight loss. Hope you feel better soon.
    @AmbersWay - That's good news that your tumor markers coming back negative. Your son and daughter are doing well. Those are great accomplishments. You must be proud. You're doing great logging your foods. I hope your able to make time for a nap and spa.
    @littlebabekitty - Good job maintaining your weight. Congratulations you are dynamite!
    @trooworld - <HUGS> I hope your BIL gets well soon. It's good that you were able to still track your food with the added stress. I hope you're able to continue to make good choices and get your rest.

I'm doing well with my self care this week. I've been mindful of my food choices, eating every 3 hours and not eating late at night. Sometimes my husband and I still eat at the kitchen table. I tried a new workout yesterday. C Dorner Fitness recommended by @Cornanda. Christina is spunky with a lot of energy. It was a little faster paced than what I'm used to, which made it difficult to make sure I was using the correct form all the time. I also, had to take a few breaks to drink some water and catch my breath. Then, I did my normal weight lifting routine and did Yoga with Bird(recommended by @trooworld) as my after workout stretch. She also has videos on meditation with gratitude and affirmation practices. I went to bed early enough to get seven hours of sleep on Tuesday, but last night I stayed up late and only got about five hours of sleep. I don't feel tired though.

💪Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just popping to say two things. 1) I am feeling better and resuming walking doggy more! 2) Women's sizing is crazy. 2X means something different to different manufacturers. I just moved out of 2X (22-24 size) and into 2X (18-20 size)! *flails* I'm going to have to sort my pants carefully before I donate some...
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    @morenin So sorry that you are so sick. The weight loss is probably water weight. Try to stay hydrated. <3

@Katmary71 Sorry about the username change. Old habits, huh? :D Yes, I’ve had that strawberry poppyseed salad and it is good too. I mean, what isn’t good at Panera? I’m not totally sure what is wrong with my foot but my Dr. Google seems to think it could be Extensor Tendonitis. I was wise yesterday and didn’t push the exercises that made it hurt so it’s much better today. :) How big is your backyard? How frustrating that you keep getting rain on a day you need to do something. I feel that way about it always raining on Sundays, which it will again this week.

@AmbersWay So sorry you are going through so much with your medical conditions. I can only imagine the horror of having a botched surgery and having to go through so much to fix it. Your kids all sound like they are doing great. 🙂

@trooworld Doctor’s visit went well. His hemoglobin was a little down so they gave him a shot, which should help him have more energy. I am so sorry that your brother-in-law is back in the hospital. I remember that he had a lot of health issues. :/

@Veta2018 Sounds like you are doing great with your workouts too! Getting enough sleep is so important. I find working out helps me sleep so much better. Do you feel the same?

Good morning! Twenty minutes before we were leaving for church last night I got a message that there was a total power outage in the area. So, everything was canceled. Guess we will reschedule the meeting at some point. :/ I have to go into the office today and afterward, I am going to see my great nephew who just turned a month, and my two little girlfriends. The other night the three-year-old called me (thanks to her grandma) and told me she wanted to take dance lessons. So, I guess we will be checking into that and how much it will cost me. :D OK, I'm off to do my workout. Today is shoulders, booty, and abs. My three favorites. NOT!! :p
    Word for 2024 - Strive
  • askewcr
    askewcr Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Greetings All,
    I would like to start weighing in on Thursdays. Is that possible starting today? Just let me know.
    B)
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 216 Member
    edited February 1
    Options
    Good morning,

@Veta2018 I don't eat the same things all the time, I like trying new stuff. So, to me the MFP tracker seams to take to long searching for the foods and making recipes in the recipe maker. That's why I quit tracking. Maybe putting it on paper will be quicker and I won't get to the point that I want to quit tracking. Going to start today since my eating will be very limited for the next week. I hope you enjoy the yoga.

@TeresaW2024 You and @Katmary71 are making me hungry. 😂Sorry about your foot. Glas Joe's appt went well. Great job on the self-care.

@morenin I hope you are doing better. Stay Hydrated

@Katmary71 I am glad you got the wood chips spread before the rain hit.

@AmbersWay Glad to see the girls are better. Also glad to see your appts/testing all came back good. Wow that is awesome that 2 of your children are basically in the same field. It is great that you are back on track. Great job on self-care.

@littlebabekitty Awesome job on losing 26 lbs. and keeping it off.

@trooworld I hope your BIL is ok.

I am going to make this short. My dental appt yesterday was not so great. They pulled 3 instead of 2. So I lost the 2 top molars on the left side and the one next to what i call the fang tooth on the right side. That one gave them a problem so I ended up with a few stitches. So the next few weeks my eating is going to be very limited, I can only eat with my front teeth. I already lost the molars on the bottom of both sides. I am also having to take it easy for the next week so I will be working on my new plan for Feb.

Today, I Choose To Be HAPPY!
This discussion has been closed.