Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    Just in the rv parked up by the sea! Only an hour away from home. :)
    I'm not travelling away in the rv as much this year as planning a 5 week trip to the USA in September and need to save some money !

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    I am happy to say that I used my home gym for 30 minutes today ...My arms are soooo sore ouchie :) off to make lemon butter halibut with cauliflower with bacon and cheese ..daughter will be having noodles with hers
  • aactuallyaash
    aactuallyaash Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

24-4760
    25-1678
    26-1832
    27-1488
    28-1477
    29-3657
    30-3501
    31-5180

Thanks!

Looks like you’ve been coupled up all week. What is your daily goal? It’s a new year, so get crackin’.

Unfortunately, my emotions don't run on the Gregorian calendar and getting around hasn't been a priority at this time. My mind has been centered around not going to my food coping during the stressful, trying, utterly decimating times. Been going in rather than out so I'm doing more talking (therapy, reading, writing) than stepping. Megan's reached out about changing my goal so I can feel my wins about 6 months ago, lol and i am now facing that truth head on! @Megan_smartiepants1970 ,can we update my step goal to 2222, thanks! Best to you, @prodigal6766!
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Goal: 6000
    12/31 - 796
    1/1 - 954
    1/2 - 1002
    1/3 - 3178
    1/4 -
    1/5 -
    1/6 -
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

24-4760
    25-1678
    26-1832
    27-1488
    28-1477
    29-3657
    30-3501
    31-5180

Thanks!

Looks like you’ve been coupled up all week. What is your daily goal? It’s a new year, so get crackin’.

Unfortunately, my emotions don't run on the Gregorian calendar and getting around hasn't been a priority at this time. My mind has been centered around not going to my food coping during the stressful, trying, utterly decimating times. Been going in rather than out so I'm doing more talking (therapy, reading, writing) than stepping. Megan's reached out about changing my goal so I can feel my wins about 6 months ago, lol and i am now facing that truth head on! @Megan_smartiepants1970 ,can we update my step goal to 2222, thanks! Best to you, @prodigal6766!

Got it changed for you :)
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    edited January 4
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Aactuallyaash
    Tuesday
    Pw: 231.2
    CW: 232.6

Trying to not let the stress get those numbers up. Been eating pretty well, but did get some discount M&Ms as well as some sour patch kids that were on sale . I've also been on a milkshake kick, but I've been making them at home, so for liquid I use a meal replacement shake, that helps, right 😅 thanks for being here ya'll!

Sounds like from your post on the next page you are starting to make steps to help you on your weight loss journey. As I have mentioned many time, I would not be here if I had not done therapy and made efforts to apply what I learned to my life. Is it easy, no. On another note, one of my friends makes a milkshake every morning using slimfast and some milk in it. She adds fruit to it. She says it’s good but anything with a milky texture turns my stomach. I drank sour milk in grade 2 and haven’t been able to drink anything milky since. If anyone put some peanut m&ms in front of me I wouldn’t be able to stop. I love my granddaughters but I draw the line at them having peanut m&ms or red licorice at my place. 😂
    Do I need to re-up for January? If so, here I am. Do I need to do anything else?

No, you are automatically added to the next month’s challenge.
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Steps: 10,340
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk:❌
    Swim: 1/2

Thankfully I swam yesterday morning and was able to convert it to steps. I didn’t sleep well last night because of my old friend called pain. I am playing it by ear if I will swim or do mini walks. Yesterday at the pool I ran into a lady I haven’t seen since May. She couldn’t believe how much weight I have lost. It sure feels good to get compliments about your

Have a great day all!

That is exactly what I did. I told him not only to take the chocolate to the basement but to hide it as well 😂

I’m planning to start swimming next week. It’s an activity that I truly enjoy and my community just built a new gym with a pool. Starting to feel a little better so I’m hoping to follow through with that plan. How do you convert it to steps?

When you report your steps also give Megan the length of time you swam and if it was leisurely, moderately or vigorous effort. Swimming is an excellent form of exercise as you are working so many muscles.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018
    I'm not travelling away in the rv as much this year as planning a 5 week trip to the USA in September and need to save some money !

Sounds like heaven being next to the sea. Even after almost 25 years of living in Ontario, I miss the smell of the ocean. I don’t have to drive very far to get to some of the Great Lakes but not the same as the ocean.
    I am happy to say that I used my home gym for 30 minutes today ...My arms are soooo sore ouchie :) off to make lemon butter halibut with cauliflower with bacon and cheese ..daughter will be having noodles with hers

Great job!
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 4
    Options
    Steps: 11,706
    Rings: ✔️
    Walk:✔️
    Swim: 2/2

Yay, I got another swim completed. I am really hurting today. It is a combination of sore shoulder and arm muscles plus intense pain from my back/leg. I may have to readjust my goals and take a complete rest day every third day. It’s a hard thing to figure out as a few days of exercise has increased my pain but exercise is good to help manage pain. 🤷‍♀️ I have also been mulling about losing another 10 pounds and I decided to go for it. It’s Thursday, which is when I my meal planning for the coming week.

Have a great Thursday!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    itladyee wrote: »
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: I didn't want to budge this morning but I got it in! Weights: Shoulders, Back and Chest - 2 exercises each body part. 30 minutes on the treadmill. The scale remained the same after 4 days of splurging... It was all the walking!! I increased weights on my roll machine today and contemplated on my laterals (next time)! Also back on the fast train today (IF) only 5 minutes left. I can do it :wink:

- THOUGHTS: You have to be willing to change what you think is good enough!

@summersixties ~ It was a conscious break...and that makes all the difference. You'll be back in no time! I think that's a good reason to have a range weight goal to provide a bit of flexibility.

@Chickieboom22 ~ {{hugs}}

@Megan_smartiepants1970 ~ Getting hurts is obviously a real fear. Maybe just start with some stretches that don't require you to be on your foot/feet. That's still exercise. Start slow and at your comfort level. You will get there.

@prodigal6766 ~ you don't need to do anything for January. Once you're in you're in...unless you stop participating🙂

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    12/31 - 18,504
    1/1 14,231
    1/2 6,138 - travel day and lost 2 hours with the time change. I really want to get back to averaging 10k a day. 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    1/3
    1/4
    1/5
    1/6
    1/7

Look at you getting it done. Of course you can do it!
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I need help!

Everyday I fight with myself to eat lunch. Part of it is I don’t plan this meal when doing my weekly planning. Can you help me with some ideas for simple but healthy lunches? I am picky when it comes to fruit and hate milk or anything with a milky texture. Thank you in advance.

• Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options

Great progress. Hopefully you'll quickly get your confidence back and there will be no stopping you!
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 wrote: »
    I seem to have a road block about working out ... I am terrified to get more injured ...I hate to admit that I did not workout yesterday...I had a migraine yesterday and my foot said nope not today...

It is a valid fear. I had a string of injuries for awhile. I was scared to start and then when I started I was scared to push myself. I sometimes still struggle in that area. I am learning to recognize is it my body or my mind telling me to stop. If it is my mind then I need to learn to push beyond. If it is my body I need to listen. Seated videos are great. Also, you could spend time focusing on core workouts. Pilates are a great choice.
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    January 1-Steps 8,787
    January 2- Steps 10, 864-Workout 28 minutes rower 11 minutes core
    January 3-Steps 10,366-Workout 21 minutes treadmill 16 minutes core
    January 4-Steps - Workout Rower 30 minutes
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018

Sounds like heaven being next to the sea. Even after almost 25 years of living in Ontario, I miss the smell of the ocean. I don’t have to drive very far to get to some of the Great Lakes but not the same as the ocean.

Great job!

Thanks Linda :) ...after I have my coffee I will be doing it again :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    January 1-Steps 8,787
    January 2- Steps 10, 864-Workout 28 minutes rower 11 minutes core
    January 3-Steps 10,366-Workout 21 minutes treadmill 16 minutes core
    January 4-Steps - Workout Rower 30 minutes

If you would like me to convert your other workouts I will need to know if your rowing was light, moderate or competitive... same for the treadmill
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

Great progress. Hopefully you'll quickly get your confidence back and there will be no stopping you!

Thank you very much :)
  • NachDeezy
    NachDeezy Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    I need help!

Everyday I fight with myself to eat lunch. Part of it is I don’t plan this meal when doing my weekly planning. Can you help me with some ideas for simple but healthy lunches? I am picky when it comes to fruit and hate milk or anything with a milky texture. Thank you in advance.

Hey my friend! What's your stance on egg salad? I have been keeping my freezer stocked with outer aisle sandwich thins and droppin some egg salad or low sodium lunch meat on them when I am too in a hurry to throw something in the air fryer. That said- If you have an air fryer, you can throw frozen chicken breast tenders or shrimp right in there.
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    Hey yall! Hope everyone is having a solid start to the year. So happy to be throwin down in 2024 with yall. Lets effin get it!!
  • NachDeezy
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 439.6
    CW - 437.4

2.2 down! Thanks for all the love and inspiration yall.. No way I am here without you.
This discussion has been closed.