Downsizers Team Chat - JANUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 41,069 Member
    Options
    NachDeezy wrote: »
    I need help!

Everyday I fight with myself to eat lunch. Part of it is I don’t plan this meal when doing my weekly planning. Can you help me with some ideas for simple but healthy lunches? I am picky when it comes to fruit and hate milk or anything with a milky texture. Thank you in advance.

Hey my friend! What's your stance on egg salad? I have been keeping my freezer stocked with outer aisle sandwich thins and droppin some egg salad or low sodium lunch meat on them when I am too in a hurry to throw something in the air fryer. That said- If you have an air fryer, you can throw frozen chicken breast tenders or shrimp right in there.

I love egg drop soup ...very yummy and filling ....
  • JaysFan82
    JaysFan82 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Just stopping by to say Hi!

Sorry I disappeared. I was just over everything after hitting my goal. Still maintaining. I've gained maybe 5 pounds since i hit my goal back in Feb. I weigh myself around once a month now. I'm going to start training for my first half marathon in the summer. I'll be running the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon next October. Anyways I'm super proud of you all and keep it up!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    JaysFan82 wrote: »

Sorry I disappeared. I was just over everything after hitting my goal. Still maintaining. I've gained maybe 5 pounds since i hit my goal back in Feb. I weigh myself around once a month now. I'm going to start training for my first half marathon in the summer. I'll be running the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon next October. Anyways I'm super proud of you all and keep it up!

Glad you stopped by Greg ... Good luck with your half marathon :)
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 If you would like me to convert your other workouts I will need to know if your rowing was light, moderate or competitive... same for the treadmill

I don't have to have you convert them. I don't want to add extra burden to you. I was just putting it on there to have accountability of working out. If you want to though-umm the rowing is beginner so I guess it is light to moderate all though my buddy tells me something different lol. The treadmill was definitely light. I had been sick so I was just getting back to it.
  • rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    I need help!

Everyday I fight with myself to eat lunch. Part of it is I don’t plan this meal when doing my weekly planning. Can you help me with some ideas for simple but healthy lunches? I am picky when it comes to fruit and hate milk or anything with a milky texture. Thank you in advance.

I make up a big salad at the beginning of the week and the just take out what I want for each meal. I also always have rotisserie chicken on hand that I pull off the bones right after getting it that I can add to the salad. Or I just have a serving of almonds or pistachios for some added protein.

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    Okay, I’m technologically illiterate. When I post and I quote someone, how then do I leave that quote so that I may give my answer below the quote? You can look at my recent post quoting @lindamtuck2018 ti see what I’m doing. It just looks like my answer is part of the quote. 🤷‍♀️ Did I say quote enough? I just reread what I wrote. 😂
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970 If you would like me to convert your other workouts I will need to know if your rowing was light, moderate or competitive... same for the treadmill

I don't have to have you convert them. I don't want to add extra burden to you. I was just putting it on there to have accountability of working out. If you want to though-umm the rowing is beginner so I guess it is light to moderate all though my buddy tells me something different lol. The treadmill was definitely light. I had been sick so I was just getting back to it.

Its totally up to you ...I am fine with both
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    Okay, I’m technologically illiterate. When I post and I quote someone, how then do I leave that quote so that I may give my answer below the quote? You can look at my recent post quoting @lindamtuck2018 ti see what I’m doing. It just looks like my answer is part of the quote. 🤷‍♀️ Did I say quote enough? I just reread what I wrote. 😂

You click on quote ..then you type and post :)
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 5
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 ...I am a big fan of meal prepping ... today I made an Asian ground chicken lettuce cup using butter lettuce delicious... I also make a big pot of soup (today I made egg drop soup)..I made mozzarella sticks using pork rinds and I dip them in blue cheese dressing ... I made a meatball casserole which I used hamburger mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese basil ...I made a bunch of hard boiled eggs and yummy egg salad and I made lime fluff using cream cheese and lemon fluff with keto granola (yummy) and garlic parmesan cheese chicken breast
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options

Hi, Happy New Year! Thanks for the update, i was wondering the other day how you were getting on. Congrats on maintaining!
  • itladyee
    itladyee Posts: 4,363 Member
    edited January 5
    Options
    I need help!

Lunches can be tough. I do a couple of things:
    • Buy a spring salad (the big container) and a rotisserie chicken and pull it apart and keep it in the refrigerator for a go to lunch.
    • When I'm on plan and making dinner, I make enough to have lunch. So dinner and instant lunch! :)
  • itladyee
    Options
    Motto: 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!

Recap: Today, I remembered that I like doing weights, especially my arms and legs. They are the first areas which you can start to see change, at least for me. I can't wait to melt all this fat and find this amazing body under it!🙂 Another 17 hour fast. I thought it would be difficult to get back on track but so far... I'm good

- THOUGHTS: Trust (and follow) the process🙂

Step Challenge - Goal 8500
    12/31 - 18,504
    1/1 14,231
    1/2 6,138 - travel day and lost 2 hours with the time change. I really want to get back to averaging 10k a day. 🏋🏾‍♀️ Don't think, just do it!!
    1/3 8, 314 - I did look and got another 200 hundred steps. When I was in my home, there was more room to walk or I'd jump on my treadmill. Got to do better getting the steps in earlier.
    1/4
    1/5
    1/6
    1/7
  • itladyee
    edited January 5
    Options
    I am happy to say that I used my home gym for 30 minutes today ...My arms are soooo sore ouchie :) off to make lemon butter halibut with cauliflower with bacon and cheese ..daughter will be having noodles with hers

That's awesome!!!
  • Slimmersixties
    Slimmersixties Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    SW - 630
    PW - 439.6
    CW - 437.4

2.2 down! Thanks for all the love and inspiration yall.. No way I am here without you.

Wow that 200lb loss is getting so close!
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,588 Member
    Options

I edited your post to see why it wasn’t below the quote. You had removed the [/quote] from the bottom of my post. If you leave it in and start your comment after the [/quote] it will be below my post. Does this help?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    I need help!

Hey my friend! What's your stance on egg salad? I have been keeping my freezer stocked with outer aisle sandwich thins and droppin some egg salad or low sodium lunch meat on them when I am too in a hurry to throw something in the air fryer. That said- If you have an air fryer, you can throw frozen chicken breast tenders or shrimp right in there.

I do like egg salad. I try not to eat too many because of my high cholesterol. I also like salmon salad sandwiches. There is a dip mix from epicure that I like to throw in my egg or salmon salad sandwiches. It’s a 3 onion dip mix and it is delicious in so many things. Funny things is I have never made dip with it. I am going to look for sandwich thins tomorrow. I might look for pita bread. Years ago I lost lots of weight with WW. One thing I did was use half a pita and stuff it with veggies and turkey breast.

SW - 630
    PW - 439.6
    CW - 437.4

2.2 down! Thanks for all the love and inspiration yall.. No way I am here without you.

Amazing loss! Less than 7 pounds to 200 lost.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

Nice to hear from you. I am glad you have maintained for a year. I reached goal in November but have decided to lose 10 more. I hope to be as successful as you when I lose that 10 pounds. Good luck on your race. Stop by every now and then to let us know how you are doing.
  • lindamtuck2018
    edited January 5
    Options
    I need help!

I make up a big salad at the beginning of the week and the just take out what I want for each meal. I also always have rotisserie chicken on hand that I pull off the bones right after getting it that I can add to the salad. Or I just have a serving of almonds or pistachios for some added protein.

@lindamtuck2018 ...I am a big fan of meal prepping ... today I made an Asian ground chicken lettuce cup using butter lettuce delicious... I also make a big pot of soup (today I made egg drop soup)..I made mozzarella sticks using pork rinds and I dip them in blue cheese dressing ... I made a meatball casserole which I used hamburger mozzarella cheese, ricotta cheese basil ...I made a bunch of hard boiled eggs and yummy egg salad and I made lime fluff using cream cheese and lemon fluff with keto granola (yummy) and garlic parmesan cheese chicken breast
    itladyee wrote: »
    I need help!

Lunches can be tough. I do a couple of things:
    • Buy a spring salad (the big container) and a rotisserie chicken and pull it apart and keep it in the refrigerator for a go to lunch.
    • When I'm on plan and making dinner, I make enough to have lunch. So dinner and instant lunch! :)

Thank you for the ideas!
  • myhands4God
    myhands4God Posts: 128 Member
    Options

You click on quote ..then you type and post :)

Thanks for the information. I had no idea either! I have just been copying and pasting. Thanks for the information
This discussion has been closed.