@Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday Weigh-in

PW: 265 lbs
    CW: 263 lbs
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

When you report your steps also give Megan the length of time you swam and if it was leisurely, moderately or vigorous effort. Swimming is an excellent form of exercise as you are working so many muscles.

[/quote]

What about cutting the grass?
  • prodigal6766
    prodigal6766 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I need help!

Everyday I fight with myself to eat lunch. Part of it is I don’t plan this meal when doing my weekly planning. Can you help me with some ideas for simple but healthy lunches? I am picky when it comes to fruit and hate milk or anything with a milky texture. Thank you in advance.

I do breakfast at 6 am, a protein shake at 10 am, lunch at 1 pm, and dinner at 5 pm. For lunch, I have a fruit/veggie smoothie with a can of tuna. My smoothie includes:

2 cups power greens
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1/2 avocado
    2 tbs ginger
    3/4 cup whole milk yogurt
    1 tbs honey
    2 cups ice and water

I love it, everyday!

• rainyrae
    rainyrae Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    I am excited we just got a Sprouts and Aldi store here ... daughter and I are going to go check out Aldi today they have a lot of keto things ...I am also going to try organic due to having headaches and migraines a lot lately .. I am excited to see what I can do in 2024

Was not impressed with Aldi and no they don't have a lot of keto stuff and if you want a cart you will need to pay a quarter but I absolutely love sprouts ..this will be my new store

You know that you get your quarter back right?
    I like Aldi for some things like canned goods and produce is much less expensive. However they do not have all the produce that I like to buy either. I always go to two stores when I shop for groceries. I don’t know what a sprouts is but what I wish we had here is Trader Joe’s. Love that store!

I didn't have any money on me so I just put my stuff in a bag that I brought ....I still wasn't impress.. Sprouts is an organic store ..I am going that route to see if my headaches/migraines will get better

I feel for you. I had a heck of a time with chronic migraines until I started on topamax. Has really helped to prevent them from happening so often. I hope you get some relief!
  • rainyrae
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Goal: 6000
    12/31 - 796
    1/1 - 954
    1/2 - 1002
    1/3 - 3178
    1/4 - 3033
    1/5 - 2497
    1/6 - 3800
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 40,805 Member
    Options
    iLive2Walk wrote: »
    @rainyrae So close you can taste it. You got this!

pttze1cn6ov2.png

@megan_smartiepants1970 Your never quit attitude helps us all; with all that you have been through - most of us would have just said I'm done. I hope you know that you are an inspiration to us all.

@lindamtuck2018 Do they have water aerobics at your pool; I have read that the benefits for seniors are numerous. As for lunches - I hard boil a few eggs and cook up some chicken breast and keep on hand in the fridge. I usually add to a salad for lunch (or some tuna), but sometimes when I don't feel like making a salad just eat them as is (with some cottage cheese - but I know that you don't like the milky creamy stuff).

Than you so much @iLive2Walk ...
  • lindamtuck2018
    lindamtuck2018 Posts: 9,580 Member
    Options
    rainyrae wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018

Breast stroke is my favorite too although I feel like I get a better workout with front crawl. I like to alternate between front crawl, breast stroke, and back crawl all in the same session. I feel like that way I’m working my muscles in different ways much like doing different exercises with free weights.

I wonder at times if that would be true for me also. The only thing is my breathing and form is much better with the breaststroke. Besides the modification in my kick on the right side my my breaststroke is almost perfect. With the front crawl I feel like a frog splashing in the water. I lose my breath control and my kick is weak. When my shoulder allows me I do back crawl with ok form. I guess no matter how we get up and down the pool we are burning calories and working so many different muscle groups.
    aneedlecraft
    Belated Thursday check-in
    PW: 315
    CW: 318
    Back to work & school next week.

Have a great week!

RoblinB wrote: »
    @lindamtuck2018
    Weigh in day: Saturday
    PW: 163.4
    CW: 163.1

Nice loss!
    RoblinB wrote: »
    itladyee wrote: »
    I can't wait to melt all this fat and find this amazing body under it!🙂
    I smiled last week when you wrote this, @itladyee, and wanted to do the same. I was finally back at the office this week post holidays (I go in two days per week and otherwise work from home) and went down to the fitness centre for an hour at the end of the day (this has been my usual over the past few months). It is a very basic set up, super cheap membership, and only a few folks ever use it. Usually I wear long sweatpants but that day I had grabbed a pair of shorts before running out the door in the morning. Hopped on the recumbent bike and actually gasped at my reflection (yes, mirrors all around) when I started pedalling. Whose hamstrings are those??!! How does one receive a leg transplant and not know it??? I have cycled off and on for many years, but I cannot remember this degree of definition before (or maybe I am just more willing to look for it now. I have previously been pretty mirror-avoidant!)

Now, just to find those missing abs! That will be the ultimate surprise for me! ;)

Regardless, just wanted to share this unexpected NSV and encourage you as you "don't think about it, just do it!" Hope you soon surprise yourself real good, too! :)

Some times I look in the mirror and I think “look the old Linda is back.” I then wonder on the next thought why does she have so many wrinkles. Seriously though, I find every now and then I see a new change in the mirror. It’s so exciting. We all have to be willing to take that chance and look. You never know what change you will see.
    inshapeCK wrote: »
    inshapeCK

PW: 143.2 pounds
    CW: 141.2 pounds

Just re-losing weight I keep re-gaining.
    Trying to get back to 140.3 which is what I was on Nov. 11th.

Very nice! You will be back there, just keep doing what works.

• lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @Megan_smartiepants1970

Saturday Weigh-in

PW: 265 lbs
    CW: 263 lbs

Fantastic loss. I can’t drink shakes with milk or yogurt. I do drink a shake with diet cranberry juice, bananas and chocolate protein powder. I get on a kick with them and then I get sick of them.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options

When you report your steps also give Megan the length of time you swam and if it was leisurely, moderately or vigorous effort. Swimming is an excellent form of exercise as you are working so many muscles.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Can you let @prodigal6766 know if you can convert cutting grass into steps?
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    0ipdbfi6g1d9.jpeg
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    The January Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin tomorrow, Sunday, Jan 7th. Get in, get your name on the list and then, the mystery begins!!! Should make for a fun, FUN week! See you there!

Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10906808/january-week-2-group-challenge-mystery-challenge#latest

Jessica :smiley:

Check out Jessica’s latest weekly challenge. It will be a fun challenge. I see that a couple of Downsizers have already decided to participate.
  • lindamtuck2018
    Options
    @myhands4God
    I don’t have a weight for you for last week. Can you let me know lasts weeks weight? Also, can you confirm your preferred weigh in day? Thanks!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Options

[/quote]

Can you let @prodigal6766 know if you can convert cutting grass into steps? [/quote]

Mowing is 160 calories x how long you did it
  • rainyrae
    edited January 7
    Options

[/quote]

Can you let @prodigal6766 know if you can convert cutting grass into steps? [/
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    edited January 7
    Options
    fs844x2ouvhi.png

Here is my friendly Sunday reminder of the people's steps I need for January Week 1...Please have your steps in no later than Tuesday evening of 1/7/24...Thanks for your cooperation :)

@aactuallyaash 1/1 - 1/6

@Mama530 12/31 - 1/6
    @adianeschu 12/31 - 1/6

@laquita606 12/31 - 1/6
    @Slimmersixties 1/1 - 1/6

@FindingSamMon 1/5 & 1/6

@myhands4God 1/4 - 1/6
  • rainyrae
    edited January 7
    Options
    Sorry, the earlier post was an oops.

@lindamtuck2018

I am so sorry for your loss and the difficulties with your mom. Lesser things have sent me straight to food. You were honest with yourself and are back on track again today. That’s all you can do. I admire your strength! On another note…
    You are absolutely right. We are getting up and down the pool and that’s all that matters! But your comment about looking like a frog splashing had me laughing out loud! I am SURE you don’t look like that!😂
  • RoblinB
    RoblinB Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    @lindamtuck2018 Thinking of you as you process everything that has happened, both the recent events and the relationships connected to them. 😢 Let us know how this day goes!
This discussion has been closed.