Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Thursday, February 8 - 4,751 steps, 1 hour of CrossFit
    Friday, February 9 - 9,343 steps
    Saturday, February 10 - 1,843 steps
    Sunday, February 11 - 5,498 steps

@Kali225 - We are going to purchase the furniture at the house we are currently renting. We have been renting a furnished house from my brother-in-law for the last five years. He and my sister have offered to let us buy the furniture and other housewares, so we will do that. Since we have six weeks before we have to be out of the other house, we are going to take the first week and fix a shelf in one of the closets, install a dog run for our dogs, and paint a few rooms. We will then do our big move on Saturday, February 24th.

This last week has been weird. It snowed overnight on Thursday, so Friday I didn't go to spin class. Nor did I go to work or CrossFit. I did, however, get a lot of packing done in the morning, and made it to both my consignment drop off and blood donation appointments. After I donated blood, I took my mom shopping, which has become our Friday tradition. I then made it to sushi dinner with a friend and to dart league. Saturday I woke up with a terrible sinus headache. My guess is that I didn't have enough water after donating blood even though I did have quite a bit. I had to lead a four hour meeting for our school board with this headache. It was quite miserable, but I made it through. Then, Sunday, I felt fine so the husband and I got a lot more packing done, made it to the bowling alley to make up games, and then over to a friend's house for the Super Bowl where I got to hold their 3-month old baby most the game.

Everything has been busy, but I'm pretty content with my food choices even though I haven't made the time to track them. I'm pretty positive the only days I've gone way over on calories are those where I've allowed myself some drinks. I guess we will see what the weigh-in shows this week.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy wow!! I need to learn how to throw away batter/icing! It makes sense. I tend to just not make them, but I love the idea of making a few every once in a while.

@MaddawgMadsen that is great you can buy the furniture you are using now. Packing is a great way to get steps and movement in!

Having a good Monday so far, I hope it stays this way! I plan to go to body pump after work today.
  • StayFITTer
    StayFITTer Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    2/12/24

Weigh In Day: MONDAY
    PW (Previous Weight): 179.6
    CW (Current Weight): 178.4
  • StayFITTer
    Options
    Sunday-2/4 16,588 (10 min kick, 10 min strength)
    Monday 2/5 12,650 (15min yoga)
    Tuesday 2/6 17,016
    Wednesday 2/7 10,283 (60 min Piyo)
    Thursday 2/8 12,836 (20 HIIT, 10Core)
    Friday 2/9 17,736
    Saturday 2/10 15,843
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    edited February 13
    Options
    StayFITTer wrote: »

YESS! I am always just a bit worried in the week after someone has a loss of over 1%. Last week you lost 1.21% and this week 0.67% - this is excellent! Our bodies sometimes bombard us with all kinds of cravings (disguised as "you deserve it!") after a loss of over 1% in a week. You held fast, but did not try to go too fast. This brought your average for the 2 weeks to 0.94% which is sustainable and does not tend to freak our poor homeostasis-obsessed bodies out. You've got this!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    There are some late weigh-ins! Don't forget :smiley:

Due through Tuesday:
    @Zumbaforever
    @kerdil08
    @CarolAnnM2
    @strong_fit_ells
    @adrimango
    @cleaneater80
    @lauren_989

Thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,869 Member
    Options
    @jugar. Sorry. I had no change. Still 150. But very sore from my workouts yesterday. And my clothes do fit better. So I am happy.

@Gidgitgoescrzy I love how you throw out leftovers. I won’t eat things I don’t love. If I am going to be over weight it will be from things I love

Sore tonight. So did a stretch workout from FitOn

Work was nuts. Then spent almost an hour on the phone choosing my new aquarium lid.
  • adrimango
    adrimango Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    @jugar I need a pass this week for my weigh-in, I'm traveling.
  • Gidgitgoescrzy
    Gidgitgoescrzy Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was good, I did not exercise, well I did some upper body strength, but my calves are still hurting alot from the hike this weekend, I have got to work on that. It happened last time, although it was the front of my calves, this time it is the back. I thought it was the heavy boots, but I think it's the hills, so as soon as this heals, I guess I need to really work on my calves.

I even logged all of my food yesterday, I haven't logged in forever...

Have a great day !

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Monday, February 12 - 5,089 steps, league bowling - three games

@micki48 - love the picture because the snow really is beautiful! But, seeing that much on a work day gives me anxiety. :#

I'm in a rough spot with my job. It's really not a bad job, but I know I could find something easier, with less stress, better benefits, and comparable pay. I'm the secretary/treasurer of our company which is our title for CAO/CFO, and I have been here for five years. I work side-by-side with the president. Which would make it seem that I would have sway with benefits, and I do, just not enough. I currently get the same amount of PTO as the guys we hire fresh out of high school and I am expected to drive 11+ miles to work in the snow even though I have the ability to work from home. After my accident last year (ice hiding under a patch of snow turned me 180 degrees, sent me sliding sideways across the highway and off the road), driving in the snow makes me incredibly nervous.

I've had conversations with my counter part (the president) about all of this, but he is old school. "This is how it's always been", "we all had to serve our time" and "our guys in the mill can't work from home", are his favorite sayings. My arguments are that I served my time to get where I am at, I just didn't have the opportunity to do it here. Change is inevitable, so how it's always been might not be working any more. And, just because others can't work from home doesn't mean that I shouldn't take advantage of the fact that I can when I need to.

We have a parent company out of Germany, so my boss is technically the Finance Director in Germany. I have a good relationship with him. Currently I am torn between talking with him and seeing if I can write a new contract for myself even though it could strain my relationship with the president by going over him, or just looking for a new job. I have been looking, but I can't seem to get myself to apply to anything. Or, maybe the best option is that I apply, get some offers, and then bring that back to the president of our company. I am struggling because I feel like I either stay bitter and unhappy or I strain relationships.

Sorry for the rant. It's been weighing on me for a while and with the house purchase and my husband applying for a new job, I needed to share. Any advice is appreciated, too.

• lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    PW: 213.6
    CW: 212.8

@Kali225 I would love that recipe for your chicken penne!

@MaddawgMadsen I know what you mean! I was the Assistant Director of a unit and whenever it snowed, I was not necessarily needed and it would have been safer to stay home, but my director was like "if our staff are here, we need to be here to show our support." Then on the drive home, I got stuck in the entrance road to my townhouse and luckily a random guy in a truck was driving around with ropes to help people who got stuck. Let me just say 6 inches of snow in a toyota corolla with 2 wheel drive in a city where they don't plow is crazy. I missed the next 2 days of work because my car was stuck where the nice person towed it. I would recommend applying for other jobs and then come back with negotiations and be prepared to leave if the president doesn't agree.

I had an ok week. Some days I ate over and some days under. I guess it averaged out!

I did the 3rd week day 1 of the couch to 5k program today. I have slacked on this and my race is 5.5 weeks away! My goal is to finish faster than last year. I won't meet that goal if I don't get out jogging! 🙈
  • StayFITTer
    Options
    @jugar

Can I be honest? FIRST of all, I am super thrilled that you care enough to point EVERYTHING you said out. Did you know that when you quote people, it doesn't tag them? Strange. Because I almost missed your nuggets!

This past week was a struggle because I had a marriage retreat this past weekend, plus the Super Bowl. I don't think I went crazy, but it has knocked my habits off its square (ie Logging food within MFP--I've used notes and even wrote down on paper)

I also tried to practice REST last week, but I'm doing a virtual race where trying to walk 60 miles this month so I'm walking almost everyday, at least 2 miles a day.

I have to understand that REST doesn't mean quitting and just trying to find a sweet spot for that.

I'm having trouble eating when I'm hungry (ie eat cause "I deserve it", social gathering, "I feel" like I could eat). So I resonate with what you said about the cravings. So I've hid the flaming hot Cheetos my sister brought over AND I'm tryin to tell myself I need to reach my water goal before I indulge and THAT helps me not only reach goal, but get my mind off of things yet another day.

I just care about building the healthy habits and I want the results to speak for themselves. Also if the scale shifts next week I won't be surprised. The scale I have and my weight have been fluctuating. I can't wait to feel like I'm "for real, for real" in the 170's.

jugar wrote: »
    StayFITTer wrote: »

YESS! I am always just a bit worried in the week after someone has a loss of over 1%. Last week you lost 1.21% and this week 0.67% - this is excellent! Our bodies sometimes bombard us with all kinds of cravings (disguised as "you deserve it!") after a loss of over 1% in a week. You held fast, but did not try to go too fast. This brought your average for the 2 weeks to 0.94% which is sustainable and does not tend to freak our poor homeostasis-obsessed bodies out. You've got this!

• Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    the snow was a total no-show today. disappointed but I also drive a corolla and I agree with @lauren_989 - that is not a snow car!!

I can't say the penne recipe is low calorie but you could definitely make some substitutions here as needed. The base recipe is Mario Batali's baked ziti (couldn't find ziti so I used penne): http://figtreeapps.blogspot.com/2010/01/mario-batalis-baked-ziti.html

And then for the chicken component, I bought skinless tenderloins, chopped them raw into like 1 inch chunks, quickly breaded them with egg and panko, and fried them in canola oil. I tossed them into the pasta at the bowl stage of the recipe and dumped everything into a 9x13 dish to bake. I love the flavor of crispy chicken after it has basically been soaked in red sauce. It stays tender but still has texture. Yum

@MaddawgMadsen ugh, that is a tricky work situation. I agree with Lauren that starting to seriously apply to other options is the first step. Finding a new job is a job in itself and you may need more time than you think to see what is out there and what really appeals, + interview practice is always good. I think there are still a good amount of remote opportunities in the market so you may find something that is way more flexible, less old-fashioned. Also most companies out there should give you better PTO for your years of experience! Getting the same # of days as a 19 year would piss me off.

Speaking of pissing me off, I ordered a replacement vacuum part in January from a website I haven't used before but was one of the few places that had the part. It still hasn't shipped and I've chased customer service twice. Starting to think this is an actual scam and I need to dispute the charge on my credit card. lol great.
This discussion has been closed.