WaistAways Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• MaddawgMadsen
    MaddawgMadsen Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    PW: 172.6
    CW: 170.4

This isn't all good habit building. I donated blood on Friday.

@ashleycarole86 - Tuesday, February 13th - 5,152 steps - one hour of CrossFit
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @Gidgitgoescrzy - the benefits are written into our handbook and any changes to the handbook are ratified by both the president and the secretary/treasurer (so both of us). So, I can't make changes without his buy-in. I've gotten him to budge on a few things - accrued PTO rather than a set amount given on an anniversary, inclusion of vision and dental insurance, allowing our one floating holiday be a true floating holiday for office employees, and lightening up on salaried employees being required to do more than 40 hours/week. It seems like working from home and the PTO thing are the two things he won't budge on other than allowing accrual.

I appreciate everyone's advice. I will definitely start looking more seriously at the positions available. Most of what I am finding currently are entirely remote, or would be too large of a pay cut. I'm nervous about what 100% remote would do to my mental health and social well being, but I won't know until I try it.

Thanks everyone! Happy Wednesday and happy Valentine's Day!
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,137 Member
    Options
    So many interesting things today! And I finished and submitted my investigation report. What an ordeal the writing of that formal document has been - but now it is done and dusted, so I can pay more attention to all the other things in my life!

@MaddawgMadsen I agree with @Gidgitgoescrzy that you have a good position to speak with either or both of your people about how best to put a little flexibility into your work arrangements. If they know you are not happy with what is happening but want to explore ways of making it better, you might not have to actually go and apply elsewhere. I hope it all works out OK! oh - and @Gidgitgoescrzy you can have my Valentine chocolate piece. I don't like the stuff! Enjoy :smiley:

@stayFITTer thanks for letting me know that quoting someone does not tag them! Sheesh. And yes. You are for real in the 170s. Even if normal fluctuations (NORMAL!!) put you back up for a minute, your range now includes the 170s. Everyone's weight even at the most stable floats around about a 5 pound range. Don't sweat it! Sweat. But not that!

@lauren_989 put that jog in your agenda for tomorrow and rock it! I'm counting on you :blush:

@zumbaforever I am so sorry to hear about the shooting of Sgt. Krinkee during what should have been such a "normal" part of his workday. Thank you. Take care of yourself. :heart:
  • jugar
    Options
    I have to catch up on the reminders! It's Thursday coming up, so here is everyone due through Thursday:

@kerdil08
    @cleaneater80
    @ashleycarole86
    @bowens1973
    @lindamartin27
    @eggfreak

Thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,869 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I have to be around people. I would not do well working from home. I totally understand your hesitation.

@jugar congratulations on getting that done. I have a friend who edits books.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.

I did an old favorite of mine. Body weight workout

• lindamartin27
    lindamartin27 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    PW 219.8
    CW 218.4
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @zumbaforever - I am sorry to hear about the sergeant that was killed doing a routine part of the job! We had a sergeant shot and killed where I live in November during a routine traffic stop. It is a scary world!

@wishfuljune - I am the HR department lol. We have a company of 20-30 employees, so many of us wear multiple hats. I do have an accounting assistant who helps with benefits, but ultimately I am responsible for everything administrative including HR.

Thanks again everyone for the advice. I am still looking just so I have information to present when I do talk to the president and/or our German finance director. I will talk with them before I make any big decisions.

@StayFITTer - way to go making the 170s part of your weight range! That is huge!

@jugar - great job completing the investigation report! Now you can spend your time doing the things you actually enjoy. Well earned time!
  • MaddawgMadsen
    Options
    @ashleycarole86 - Wednesday, February 14th - 6,061 steps - league bowling, 3 games
  • MaddawgMadsen
    edited February 15
    Options
    @cleaneater80 - I need to travel with you! You go to Mexico and lose 3.6 lbs?! I'm glad you had a great vacation. It is nice to see you back on here.
  • lauren_989
    lauren_989 Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I had a good day today! And I got out for my jog after work. I stayed up way too late last night reading a book. I do that once in a while, but bad idea on a work night.

@cleaneater80 great loss while away!
  • bowens1973
    bowens1973 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Username: Bowens1973
    CW: 236.2
  • Kali225
    Kali225 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Today was solid - I feel like I made good progress at work (definitely could have logged off sooner, yet again - aiming for 4pm sharp tomorrow!!), had good meals, lots of protein, and did my first strength/weights workout of 2024! Yoga was good for January and now I am contemplating building a short, regular yoga flow into my day, every day. I think it would be good for stretching and there were some ab/core-focused moves in the Jan challenge that made me pleasantly sore.

I will fall asleep on time tonight! Looking forward to Friday. I get Monday off so it is a long weekend and I think I will try to do a day trip for snowboarding on Saturday.
  • jugar
    Options
    How is it Friday? Wasn't last Friday about 4 days ago?

OK - I'll face reality. Here are all the weigh-ins due through Friday:
    @strong_fit_ells
    @eggfreak
    @EvMakesChanges
    @wishfuljune
    @Kali225
    @micki48

Thanks!
  • zumbaforever
    zumbaforever Posts: 6,869 Member
    Options
    @MaddawgMadsen I try to believe the good out weigh the bad. I have to. My department and the city sent out special units to assist with the barricaded suspect. It ended last night with the suspects death after firing shots when instructed to surrender.

I had a good day. Got in some heavy lift and a good stretch.
This discussion has been closed.