Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    @Veta2018 Oh my goodness! I don’t know if you are the most hilarious or annoying woman ever! :D Your husband must be a very good sport to put up with your antics. Does he prank you back?

@Katmary71, I loved your answer to this week’s question. I’m a little like that, too, and how wonderful is Google for people like us, who don’t need to go to the library and haul out those heavy encyclopedias? :D

@Cornanda Forgive yourself and move on. That is what I’m trying to do. <3

@trooworld, I would get and laugh at your dark humor. You have no idea how often I have to bite my tongue when I’m in a staff meeting at church. :D This time next year, we will be fully grey-haired ladies. I love it! :)

Good morning! Well, I’m not surprised I had a gain, and I’m a little shocked it wasn’t more. I’m going to be transparent and say that I have been in a depression the last few days. Yesterday marked year six since my daughter, Alisha, died from a drug overdose. Naturally, I get sad and nostalgic this time of year, but I’m also in a real funk over Joe’s dementia. These days, I’m pretty accepting of his mental decline, and we just live life, but special days like Valentine’s Day and my upcoming birthday have me longing for the man he was. I miss him and who we were together so much, but I also know that wallowing in what should be will not help either of us.

So, in light of 19shmoo69 question, something about me is that have a great ability to bounce back from being in a bad or sad mood. So today, I will get over myself and find the joy in my here and now. :)
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 588 Member
    edited February 16
    Options
    @Katmary71, - I Love reading. I went to the library a lot as a child because my mom was in college. I took my boys all the time too. I still use the library. Nothing like a paperback book. I hope they never close the library. I know a lot of book stores that closed. Save our Libraries!!!
    @AustinRuadhain - I have an appreciation for scouts and what it teach our youth. I was a cub scout leader for 9 years. My first 5 years, I had the same group of boys from Bobcat/Tiger to Webelos. Both my boys completed cub scout and received their Arrow of Light. My oldest son did one year in BSA.
    No way...I Love Math and have probable watched Hitch a dozen times.
    @Cornanda - Strong, Determined...you're here putting in the work. I'm here with you. I keep losing and gaining the same 2 pounds. We can do this! 💪
    @trooworld - Thank you, I think some people find me annoying at times. I tend to have a bad habit of repeating myself, interrupting, and I'm not always a good listener.
    @TeresaW2024 - Hmmm...he does roll his eye at me a lot. lol He doesn't prank but tell joke, kidding around, all though sometimes a little sarcastic. <HUGS> I must tell you, how much I sympathize with how you're feeling. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. <<HUGS>>

@TeresaW2024 @Cornanda @askewcr @trooworld and everyone else who didn't get the scale result we hoped for - We've got this, Lady's(Guy's)! Lets make the second half of this month a SUCCESS! Mission Slimpossible Strong!

Now is the time to take my own advice. I'm Strong, Determined, I have many NSV the scale is just a #. I feel like I'm getting shorter too. All my shirts are longer without the big belly. Even my rings, on my fingers, spin around loose. Nothing fits. I'm trying to hold out and buy clothes for next season because I still have some wait to loose. But wearing these loose clothes around the house is encouraging when the scale is not.
    💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    What is one of the most unique, awesome, weird or dorkiest thing about you?
    I don't know if it's awesome, or even particularly weird or unique, but it's definitely dorky. I am a numbers geek. I've been a numbers geek all my life. I remember phone numbers. I remember account numbers. I remember license plate numbers. When I was a kid, I used to do a magic trick, which was really just me doing math in my head, but somehow no one ever figured out how I did it.

-Mica
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I am going to make this short this morning, I slept in after going to bed late last night. We had John's mom over for dinner.

Valentines day was quite dinner here at the house. I cooked ribeye steaks with pesto pasta and mixed California blend veggies.
    John was still working on our daughters vehicle (I miss my car). It is at the shop getting the alignment done today. Hopefully she will get it back this evening.

I noticed that the scale is not being friendly to most of us here this week and like mentioned what we eat and do will tip the scale in one direction or the other. For me it is sodium. I weigh myself every morning. Yesterday I weighed in at 171.8 and today was 173. I know I did not eat 3000 calories yesterday to gain a pound. My ring on my finger is how I judge my sodium intake. It is very snug this morning. So today is a lot of water to flush it out.

Today I am just doing little projects around while cleaning dust bunnies out of the corners.

Have a wonderful Friday!

"Today I Choose To Be HAPPY"😃
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sorry to be so quiet, I am better, but my spouse is still pretty sick. I have clear goals from my pcp's office about the blood tests I took last week. It mostly boils down to taking an iron supplement (my levels are super low apparently, and eating less fat and sugar. I take the last part to mean I need to eat a LOT less candy, because for at least a month, that's where my excess fat and sugar has been coming from. This week especially I've been... well, to be accurate if less polite, gorging. If I get up at midnight, I have some, if I get cranky, I have some, and if hungry before dinner, I have some. I don't want to never eat it again, but I need to figure out how to lessen the impulse. Any suggestions for cutting back on sugar, without cutting it out of my life forever and ever?

Also, my weight is on the downswing again, after jumping up last week. I can only think it's too much sodium, as suggested. I am trying to make sure to get minimum of 8 cups of water a day to help with that. I am also tracking my sodium to try and ease it back into normal range. This is hard for brine shrimps like me!

My measurements continue to go down in spite of my weight, oddly. My brand new size 20 jeans need to be held up by a belt now, and I even had to switch belt sizes twice. In a week or two I'll almost certainly need an even smaller one, which feels... odd. Also, expensive, but not as expensive as buying new clothes. Lots of things are going to be going in the donation boxes this week! I'm starting to feel bad for the people who will be picking the stuff up, it looks like at least 3 big boxes, so far, but it's nice to clear the room in the house!

In other NSVs, looking in the mirror, my double chin is definitely getting smaller. That feels great! My shirt size is static, however, which is irritating me a bit. At least I've dropped one size up there so far. I'd just like to fit comfortably into one of my million and one bra sizes, instead of being constricted!
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,610 Member
    Options
    @Cornanda @micaroo4 Mica said it perfectly and I second it though I’m sure many others by now have too! If I go out to eat or have more carbs than usual I have to take my rings off or they’ll be stuck on my hands about 30 minutes after eating even if that’s the only thing I’ve had all day. The body is weird!

@trooworld Your comment made me laugh, I was telling the charity’s vice president what a great co-captain I have here and in a voice reserved for rock stars I said you’re a LIBRARIAN! In my book (haha) that’s right above rock star! I’m glad your husband has the same sense of humor, I love your personality. I stick my foot in my mouth sometimes too with inappropriate humor, I’m learning to not use it around people who I don’t know. I can’t wait to see your hair, hope you love the cut!

@TeresaW2024 Oh Teresa I’m so sorry, I’m sure it’s doubly as hard as you aren’t able to get support from Joe like you used to as well. I honestly don’t know how you’re getting through it right now, you’re an incredibly strong woman. Are you going to be able to do anything special for your birthday? Lots of love, hugs, and prayers to and for you.

@Veta2018 Oh my gosh I sure hope libraries never go anywhere! With them doing awesome things like having gardening days with lectures and seed swaps, having books and even household utensils to share, and all the classes in person and online a huge part of the community would be lost without them. Being able to download books on a Kindle for free is the best thing ever! I just started a grant writing course too (maybe I should apply to a library I sound like a saleswoman!). I love you taking your own advice you go!

@micaroo4 I admire you awesome numbers people! I wasn’t bad with them but after a concussion I became dyslexic with numbers (and I log your weigh-ins!). That’s the coolest kind of “dorky” to be if you ask me!

@19shmoo69 I’m sorry to hear that Darren, prayers things improve for you soon. You were doing a great job!

@txcritter69 Yummy Valentine’s dinner! Aha thank you for mentioning that, I’d said in Cornanda’s response how anything salty or carby I have to take my rings off right away, I didn’t even think the pre-seasoned meat I ate last night was super salty and probably the reason for the increase on the scale this morning. We need to have a drinking game with water for all of us! Zoom 3 man!

@morenin I’m glad you’re feeling better and hope your spouse is better soon. Honestly the best way I’ve found for me is to eat it less as sugar or simple carbs give me more cravings. I’ll bring something in the house every once and awhile but for the most part I keep it out then only have it for special occasions like birthdays. I’ve had to be pretty strict as I’m diabetic and have it in remission, once it was under control I’ve been able to have it here and there without issues. Congratulations on all the big clothes you’ll be passing on to people! YES I want to see you rocking purple hair!

@veagn4lyfe2012 No worries I know you’re busy with all the grandbabies! You got it to me before the week closes.

Hi friends! I woke up at 3AM and just stayed up since sleeping with the interview this morning wasn’t going to happen and got in a good workout. It went well, I was there for about 3 hours and she focused on treating the scars in my low back. Before she started the camera she’d asked for a rough outline of my story and got choked up as she both was stationed at Camp Lejune (sp?) and has gone through a lot there then had a bad motorcycle accident and had back surgery but couldn’t walk for awhile and they didn’t know why so when I’d said how I was desperate and losing hope trying everything I could (for why I went to the open house) since the medical community doesn’t want to deal with pain patients these days and mentioned the amount of memorials of people giving up in my support groups because they have nowhere to turn we both ended up in tears. I hypothetically was thinking it could help people but it hit a lot deeper when she was looking at me with the same pain. She asked if I’d be willing to keep documenting my experience and I said yes so I have a plan to do at home with micro current and will up my nutrition. It’s really cool a micro current machine can do biofeedback and actually get things working properly again that most medical would say you're stuck with, I’m excited to see how it goes. I’m about to get my brother’s cat so got to run, have a great Saturday!

No Zero Days
    - Great workout!
    - Amazing opportunity to work with and learn an incredible woman, hopefully get help, and help others.
    - Healthy food! Haha seems silly after that.
  • micaroo4
    micaroo4 Posts: 3,065 Member
    Options
    @morenin - I'm responding to your request for sugar craving suggestions. The best way to stop the cravings, of course, is to stop eating those foods altogether. But we all still want sweets. The first thing that I would suggest is to make sure that when you choose to eat something sweet, it doesn't also contain fat. It's that combination of sugar and fat that lights up your brain and drives the cravings for more. That means that things like ice cream, cookies and candy should really be OUT, at least in the short term. Find something sweet tasting that will satisfy the sweet craving. Maybe snack on fruit, especially berries. One of the things I like is a cup of Swiss Miss Hot Chocolate - the reduced calorie one that is only 40 calories per cup. I also like to take an apple, cut it into wedges, and then sprinkle it all over with cinnamon (my raw apple pie). Nibbling on graham crackers might be an option, if you enjoy them. Another suggestion is to make sure you aren't alternating sweet and salt. Sometimes, after eating something salty, it creates a craving for something sweet. If you feel like you're doing that, my suggestion is to go brush your teeth after finishing the salty food.
    -Mica
This discussion has been closed.