Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    Let's celebrate...it's @littlebabekitty birthday!

nftlu6rv64wd.png
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 I will definitely post it when it's done. I need to do the background. :D Yes, they are full of bacteria so I definitely felt like I needed the antibiotics lol. That's great you aren't dyeing your hair anymore, welcome to the club lol! And yay for less time in the salon. I love Cobb salad.

@Cornanda Thank you! Yes, that definitely counts as something that will make tomorrow easier! :D You probably told him to do it lol. I hope you had fun.

@buniphuphu Wooo hoooo! Welcome back, Marki!!!

@txcritter69 Thank you! That's interesting about your allergies. How are you feeling?

@vegan4lyfe2012 Yes!!! Thank you! <3 Hopefully Oliver comes out on his own. Congrats on the loss!

@littlebabekitty Happy birthday! And congrats on the loss!

@micaroo4 Great pictures. And the sun was out, that's nice. Thanks for sharing!

@Katmary71 Yes. I will definitely post it, probably this weekend. I need to finish the background. :D Have a great day. Pizza sounds yummy.

@19shmoo69 Any time you need help, message me or we can set up a Zoom call. I'm happy to help as is @Katmary71 I'm sure. Thank you for being upfront. We want you to succeed!

Hi all. This has to be fast, I have to get ready for work. My hand is feeling better and looking a bit better. I will share a pic of the dung beetle when I am finished, hopefully this weekend. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Pretracked everything, drank 89 oz water.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

@txcritter69 I’ve heard about how good purple shampoo is and will definitely use it if I need it. My mom has really pretty silvery, white hair so I’m hoping I’ll get the same. It is interesting how getting your teeth pulled helped with your nose issues. It must have taken the pressure off your sinus cavities. My allergies are driving me nuts right now!

@vegan4lyfe2012 That is great that your ankle is doing so well and just in time for baby Oliver’s arrival. I can’t wait to see a pic of his little face! :)

@micaroo4 That cemetery is so cool! What an amazing amount of history. Thanks for sharing. :)

@buniphuphu Welcome back Marki! :)

@Katmary71 I was born in Bakersfield and still have family there. That is so nice that you deliver cards to those who need them and will appreciate them. Oh, it is a bummer that you are allergic to cats and many other things. Do meds control most of your allergies? <3

@trooworld I'm Glad that your hand is doing better. 🙂

Good morning! I’m tired and grouchy from being up most of the night with Joe. I won’t go into the ugly side of dementia, but let’s say it’s not pleasant, and some nights are just really long. My main concern now is that he might be getting a UTI, so I plan to test him later and take it from there. No working out for me today because I need to watch him constantly, and I’m just too dang tired. My best girlfriend is supposed to come over for coffee, and I hope we can still do that because I need it! :#
    2024 Word: Strive
  • Veta2018
    Veta2018 Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    @trooworld - Maybe you could plan a stay-cation. Sometimes they can be more relaxing than a regular vacation. You could decorate, prepare some special meals with music from a place you would like to visit. Or you could just plan your next vacation. When we go on vacation, I plan ahead with an itinerary of things we could do. We don't always follow it but it does give us options and gets me familiar with the area a little.
    @TeresaW2024 - I think it's nice that you decided to go natural. Your hair will feel healthier. I only get highlights twice a year.(Spring and Fall) My greys are actually more white, so a light blond highlight blends it nicely. Sorry to hear that you're feeling exhausted. I hope having a coffee with your friend helps relax you.
    @txcritter69 - Enjoy your evening hanging out with your daughter. Not that mine are all grown and moved out, I really cherish the time I get to spend with them.
    Welcome @buniphuphu ! Working towards your doctorate is an impressive achievement!
    Great job on shedding some weight @vegan4lyfe2012 , and @littlebabekitty .
    @vegan4lyfe2012 -Yay! Freedom to walk again! Oliver sure is taking his sweet time. My boys were early...I said I was an easy bake oven...lol.
    Happy Birthday @littlebabekitty !
    @micaroo4 - Wow! Those are some really detailed stones. I like the Cordelia Tetherly stone the best. Or maybe its the story behind it that I find intriguing. Thank you for sharing.
    @Katmary71 - I'm allergic to grass, and certain trees(cottonwood, evergreens). I used to get shots to build up my antibodies but I would have a reaction and the would stop them temporally and then start them back up, and them stop again. Now, I mow the yard and help my husband with his tree service and just deal with it. I say I'm just building up my antibodies. There not as bad as they used to be.
    @19shmoo69 - Your doing better than you think. To not be perfect, makes you human and relatable. Thanks for being strong and challenging yourself, outside your comfort zone. I like the song too.
    @FushiaKat - I plan to make taco salad for the Supper Bowl party we are going to. That way I know there will be something I can eat. lol What online games do you like to play? I've currently been playing Stardew Valley, Sims 4 and House flipper but I used to play WOW, and Diablo.

I've been sticking to my healthy routine but my scale seem to be stuck. I hope I haven't reached a plateau. I might need to review and revise my routine.
    💪 Mission Slimpossible Strong! 💪

• buniphuphu
    buniphuphu Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Good morning, Slims!

@txcritter69 Thanks for the welcome! What a great feeling it must be to have your sinuses clearer!

@vegan4lyfe2012 Thanks! I saw you had ankle surgery but are getting out of the boot. That is a huge milestone in recovery. I've had 3 surgeries on my right ankle, so I sympathize.

@trooworld It's good to be back! The dung beetle sounds like a great project! I'm sure it's gorgeous since they have iridescent carapaces.

@TeresaW2024 Thank you! Caring for those with memory issues can be hard. I've been dealing with that with my dad since my mom died a little over a year ago. Hugs to you!

@Katmary71 Hugs! I'm glad to be back among friends. I've had some ups and downs, and I'm hoping for a lot more downs...at least on the scale! LOL I hope the allergy shots help you! I'm also allergic to cats (thankfully, not dogs), and we have two because the family loves them, and I like them pretty well, too.

@littlebabekitty We haven't met yet, but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday, as well!

@Veta2018 Great to meet you! In fall 2021, I had just passed my 50th birthday. I decided it was time to get to work on my doctorate because I had wanted it for quite a while, and I wasn't getting any younger. With a lot of work and a bit of luck, I should defend my dissertation before April 5th.

Getting back to good habits is a work in progress. I have spent the last 6 weeks stress eating while trying to get the first three chapters of my dissertation to my committee. I was eating and drinking garbage every day...and lots of it. I set a deadline for being out of control: when I got the first three chapters turned in, I was getting back in my routine. I know it takes time to rebuild healthy habits, so I'm focusing on increasing my water consumption, getting the candy out of the house, controlling portion sizes, and eating a breakfast that includes some protein and fruit each day. I'm working towards getting lunch and dinner ironed out.

I also started going back to the gym. Prior to December, I had been going to water fitness classes three days a week. My primary care recommended that to me because I have Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, and the buoyancy from the water makes the exercises less stressful on my joints.

Getting back into good habits is a work in progress. I
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    @Katmary71 These are my starting numbers for the spreadsheet:

MFP USER NAME - buniphuphu
    YOUR CHOSEN WEIGH-IN DAY - Friday
    YOUR CURRENT WEIGHT - 333.9
    YOUR ORIGINAL STARTING WEIGHT (highest weight ever) - 359.9
  • buniphuphu
    Options
    muwq6ostrvcv.png
    Me too, Steve. Me too, but I'm working on it. ;)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @19shmoo69 Thank you for the kind words, I think you'll figure out how to be a motivator in your own way. We all appreciate you stepping forward and giving it a go. Joining MFP and this group coming from being mostly bedridden for decades was really weird to open up from as I had been extremely isolated. For me reading that others are going through similar things helped so much and I felt less like an oddball. Being the woman who was injured and bedridden from a surgery basically had me feeling like a freak and loser for a long time. I hope you find you grow from this as well as I know it's a challenge for you but I think you're up for it. Loved the video!

@FushiaKat A taco salad sounds pretty yummy! I'm sure this will be another successful year for you.

@trooworld So glad to hear that about your hand doing better!

@TeresaW2024 Funny now that you said Bakersfield I remember you telling me that before. The meds help but I'm starting shots to make life easier at home with my two guys. Hugs to you, I can't imagine how hard your night was. My friend's dad was always real angry and usually at night so I can only imagine. I hope the time with your bestie helps!

@Veta2018 That's really interesting thanks for sharing your experience on allergies improving. I do seem to be a little less reactive but since I have two cats at home I'd like to try the shots. Weirdly my CRPS group was discussing how Mast Cell Activation seems to be involved with our disease and allergy medications seem to help so now I'm real curious if my allergy meds help it. I hope that scale budges soon!

@buniphuphu Downs only on the scale right?! Dogs are pretty awesome, I love both cats and dogs and actually used to dog sit for all my neighbors. Most people in my life have one of the two so I'm hoping it'll help a lot. Salt water pools are the best aren't they! That's how I first started exercising again was walking in a salt water pool once a week. Oh my gosh that's a tough stressful time I can see why you were struggling! I can relate to Steve!

@littlebabekitty Happy birthday my friend! Doing anything special today?

Hi everyone! Spent some time at the greenhouse this morning, everything's looking great I wish I could take my seedlings there! I came home and rested for a bit then went to the holistic group. Turns out I need to read The Power of Now by Sunday so when I get home tonight I'll put in some good time. Got a little work done and two friends from the Northern CA CRPS group will be in town soon so I'm meeting them for coffee (and to get my marijuana, feel like such a rebel haha). Have a great night team!

No Zero Days- got my workout in this morning, doing good on the food front too.

Weigh Ins Needed:
    @badnoodle @laurelfit57 @Jactop @GrinningPossumLifts

Weigh In Reminder for tomorrow:
    @askewcr
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    @teresaw2024- Hugs! Hope you get some sleep tonight, some time with your friend and that Joe doesn't have a UTI.

@19shmoo69 - I think that you are bringing your own special sparkle to the motivator position and I'm enjoying it!

Lisa
  • trooworld
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Thanks. I'm so sorry about your night with Joe. I hope he's not getting a UTI, those are so painful. I hope you were able to have your best girlfriend over. Sounds like you need a HUG in real life, but here's a virtual one!

@Veta2018 Thanks, those are really good ideas. We are planning to take a trip to Mexico City in 2025, so maybe I can plan some things and make some Mexican food. :D Yay for sticking to your routine. I hope the scale moves soon.

@buniphuphu Thank you! Yes, that is what I loved so much about the dung beetle and why I decided to enhance it's natural "bling" with some jewelry! LOL It is fun to do. I'm sure doing your dissertation is stressful and you will be glad when it is done. I had to do sort of a "dissertation portfolio" where they break it up in essays and I remember being very stressed and out of sorts about it. Good luck! I think your approach to getting back to a healthy lifestyle makes sense. Yay for going back to the gym! I love water fitness classes, I'm glad they help your Ehlers-Danlos. I love the Steve drawing!

@Katmary71 Thank you! I'm glad the greenhouse stuff is going well. Oh gosh that's a lot of reading by Sunday, can you do it?

Hi all. Another stressful day for me: my husband now has some sort of internal infection. His fever spiked to 103.1 yesterday. He did a video visit and they prescribed him 2 antibiotics. Hopefully he feels better today (he's still sleeping so I don't know). I had to leave work early again yesterday to help him get the video visit and get his meds. I am not in trouble at work but I'm afraid I will be!!! Too much drama, I will dream of a vacation. Thanks, @Veta2018 for the idea!

No Zero Days: Not much to say for yesterday...hopefully today will be better.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    Let me reintroduce myself. I'm 36yr old, stay at home mom of three boys and happily married for 13(almost14) years. I started my weight loss journey June 2023. I've lost 40 lbs so far and have been stuck the past two months losing and gaining the same 2-3lbs. I'm excited to continue supporting one another and getting over this bump in the road I've hit.
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    Ice breaker Thursday!!!!

What is your playlist?

You know what I mean, what's your jam?. What makes you shake your booty? @trooworld can I say booty now that I'm a motivator?
    In the world of Spotify, Pandora and Amazon music it's so easy to find songs. So what gets you through the day? Maybe you have multiple playlists. Share them. Heck (pardon my French) maybe you don't listen to music. Share what you do listen to.
    Have a blessed day.
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    @buniphuphu thank you, it is very hard at times. It’s great that you are getting back to your healthy habits and focusing on steps to get you where you want to be. That is one of the main reasons I rejoined the Slimpossibles, too. I love Steve! :D

@Katmary71 I am very blessed that Joe is never angry. His personality has become much more childlike, which is great on one hand and just as frustrating on another. :) I need some marijuana! :D

@Cornanda Tested Joe, and no UTI. Yayy!!! Thank you. <3

@trooworld Thank you for that virtual hug. I need all I can get. And it sounds like you need one, too. So sorry about your husband. I hope he starts feeling better soon. And I hope your job is understanding that life happens and it’s not your fault. <3

Good morning! My girlfriend did come over yesterday and bought me a heart-shaped box of chocolates. She is so sweet, and yes, I had a couple while we drank our blueberry coffee and had a wonderful visit. The sugar fast is almost over, and I gave it a solid 80%, which is good for me. Maybe next time, I can go for the full 100%. :) Our new pastor also came by last evening and spent about an hour visiting Joe and me. I thought that was so nice of him! He is good with Joe and was very complimentary of my work and attention to detail. I told him that I was just getting started. :D I am not working out again today because we had another long night, and I am just too tired. I have to run to the office and then to Aldi. I think I will buy some salmon for dinner. Have a great day! :)
    2024 Word: Strive
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    What is your playlist?

Gosh, I have a lot of different tastes. If I'm doing something vigorous (walking, lots of housework) I like Panic! at the Disco, 30 Seconds to Mars, Halestorm, The Score, Fallout Boy, Linkin Park. I also like listening to the Welcome to Night Vale podcast, as I get caught up.

Spouse and I are sick (again), so taking it easy for a couple days. I did just get my brand new, size 20 jeans in, and they fit! Tiny bit tight at the waist, but wearable. I am fully confident they'll be a perfect fit in a couple weeks. My weight is still being stupid (big surprise).
  • 19shmoo69
    19shmoo69 Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    @morenin sounds like you got the listening enjoyment whooped. Sorry to hear y'all are sick and hip hop hooray on the NSV.

@askewcr congrats on half pound down

@TeresaW2024 chocolate from friends is always awesome. Good Pastors are awesome as well.
  • Katmary71
    Options
  • Katmary71
    Options
    @trooworld Thanks! It’s a hard book to read fast when it’s about staying in the present, haha Your poor husband, I’m glad today is going better for him.

@19shmoo69 I think I’m up to 150 playlists on YouTube (not all music). Spotify isn’t letting me check out the first two unless I sign in but your last one has Skillet who I like.

@TeresaW2024 I’m so glad Joe doesn’t tend toward angry. LOL I’d be happy to share with you! I think you did more than 80% just having a couple chocolates! How wonderful the pastor stopped by and does well with Joe. Definitely get some rest in after you enjoy that delicious salmon! I’m with 19shmoo69 Any friend that comes with chocolate is a friend I want!

@morenin morenin I like your vigorous music! Oh no hope you two are feeling better soon, congratulations on the jeans!

Hi team! Another workout behind me. Work’s slow right now. I helped out a bit at a charity board member’s business as volunteers came there to pick up bags to take to homes. I have 7 and only got 3 delivered as it started raining and the routing apps were going haywire (driving up and down busy streets to go through a neighborhood for five minutes then back out where I started which makes no sense). My pain was going crazy so I came home and took a bath and am catching up here then reading.

No Zero Days- good with diet aside of a cookie, got in a great workout, and feeling pretty relaxed.

Hey any good ideas for a group of single (divorced/widows too) women on Valentine’s Day? A few of us talked about going out for heart-shaped pizza but I have to nail down the plan.
This discussion has been closed.