Mission Slimpossible Team Chat - FEBRUARY 2024

Options

Replies

• trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @TeresaW2024 Congrats on the loss!

@AustinRuadhain I've not heard of any of these bands but I really liked King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard! I forgot to include my jazz-on-a-rainy-day penchant, and this reminds me of that! They are amazing! And I love the Come Together cover, and the Dollar Brand song, as well! And...great day!

@buniphuphu Yay congrats on the loss! What has been the change that has helped the most? Way to go with no Sprite!

@laurelfit57 I'm glad you are working with someone who specializes in ADHD, I hope you can get on a system that works for you. HUGS. As for that new puppy...OMG!!! Adorable! I'm glad Vannie is getting used to her. What is her name? Did you name her? Are you keeping her or is this a temporary situation?

@txcritter69 That's great. And thank you!

@Veta2018 LOL I know, I love that playlist. I made it because I was going to dog beach with a friend with our pups. It also could qualify as a "happy" playlist! LOL I don't know that I get the doggie channel. We recently discovered that Violet loves to watch TV. She will lay on our lap and watch and watch. But if we pause it on an image of someone looking at the screen, she will bark at it because she thinks they are looking at her lol. Sounds like you really thought about your eating and sleeping. Sleep is so important, I'm glad you are getting enough.

@Katmary71 Oh that sounds like something fun to paint! You can't go wrong with pizza lol. I love those Pass the Mic videos, after you introduced them to me, I watched quite a few. I saw that there is that series on Peacock, I need to watch it! Thank you! I'm sorry about the charity board issue. That's too bad there is drama. NOBODY needs micromanagement! I hope your pain calms down.

Hi all. My husband still has a fever and wouldn't go to urgent care last night because he worked late (he had to go to work as he is behind), but we are going this morning. I'm really worried about him: he's got this fever, nauseated, and has no appetite. I hope we can get some answers. Other than that, I have been eating my feelings a bit. I am supposed to make beef and broccoli tonight (it's Lunar New Year today, Happy Lunar New Year, especially to you dragons!). I was going to make Longevity Noodles as well but I don't want to commit to too much. We are also supposed to go to pug rescue's Valentine's Day party but I doubt we will go. I will treat the ticket purchase as a donation instead.

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, ate a healthy breakfast and lunch.

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"
  • TeresaW2024
    TeresaW2024 Posts: 130 Member
    Options

@19shmoo69 - Thank you for sharing your story, and @Katmary71, thank you for doing these spotlights. Interesting and inspiring. :)

@laurelfit57 I can only imagine how frustrating it is to find someone who can help you and give you a medication that will keep helping and not stop working. Your new puppy is sooo cute!! What does it mean to be a guardian home? Do you have to give her up at some point? Vannie does look happy to have a new friend. :D<3

@Katmary71 HaHa that is funny! I am using an old spreadsheet for my weigh-ins. I guess I better edit the darn thing. :D Ugh, sorry you had drama with the vice president, but good for you for not taking her crap and setting her straight on your ability to handle what you have to do.

@trooworld I hope Urgent Care can help your husband and that he will start feeling better very soon. It's a bummer you won’t go to the pug Valentine's party. I bet that would be super cute! :)

Good morning! This whole week has been a bust. Fortunately, after three sleepless nights, Joe and I both had a good night's sleep last night, but I still feel wiped out. Joe's dementia has taken such a hit this week, and I’m praying he bounces back. Later today, we are going to a 60th birthday party for our former pastor. There will be people there I haven’t seen in ages so it should be fun.

I love all these playlists! I don’t have a playlist. I love all 80s music; it always makes me happy and nostalgic. These days, I mostly listen to contemporary Christian music. David Crowder is my absolute favorite! :)

2024 Word: Strive
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    The February Week 2 Group Challenge is open and ready to begin on Sunday, Feb 11th, running through Saturday, Feb. 17th. Please join us for Fifteen for Fitness. Here's your link:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10909403/february-week-2-group-challenge-fifteen-for-fitness#latest

Hope to see you in the chat thread!
    Jessica :blush:
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    Everyone let's jump in and try out @jessicakrall8 's challenge, somehow she manages to come up with challenges almost every week for the entire group here! I think she must love challenges more than me (She's an awesome woman too if you haven't had the chance to get to know her yet).

Weigh-ins still needed:
    @badnoodle @laurelfit57 @GrinningPossumLifts @davors9 @vrafer

@tammymccrady6278 Thank you for the reminder I'll post it again. I reported it earlier in the week but didn't note it for myself so I'd just read down the list of people and listed them (in other words just ignore me I did pass it on).

Tomorrow Weigh-in Reminder :
    @19shmoo69 @badnoodle @laurelfit57 @megnolia82 @sleepygirl79 @txcritter69 @littlebabekitty @morenin @vegan4lyfe2012 Veta2018 @DebJB30

NOTE ON WEIGH-INS:
    If you are unable to weigh in on your usual day you can weigh earlier or later in the week for it as long as I get it by Saturday night, just let me know. The weights are tallied on Sunday morning so if you're back before then you're welcome to still add it in for that week.
  • jessicakrall8
    jessicakrall8 Posts: 5,152 Member
    Options
    Awww shucks @Katmary71 ...now you're makin me blush!! LOL :blush: You're too kind!
    Jessica
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,623 Member
    Options
    @tammymccrady6278 Got it have a wonderful time! Enjoy those grandkids! They have to be so happy to be spending time with you right now!
    @micaroo4 Isn’t that fun?! So a few years ago in a Facebook rock group (Godsmack) someone posted them and I said I’d recognize those hotties anywhere it’s 2Cellos! A few minutes later I get a notice one of them is following me on Instagram which is horribly embarrassing. I honestly don’t know if it was really him or a scammer, I’d guess the latter but he was real polite and asked if I was coming to see their American tour and never tried to get money or anything weird so who knows. I DO love their music they makes Cellos mainstream which is awesome.

@gemwolf110 Final stretch, you got this!

@trooworld How funny about Violet do you put on any of the YouTube animal channels? I’ve created a monster with Jasper, he stands in front of the TV when I turn it on now so I can’t see until he tires of Cat TV. I left this calming music for dogs and cats on when I went to the store recently and they were both on the couches snoozing to it when I got home. Hahaha I love her barking at the rude people staring at her! Was the dog beach one Who Let The Dogs Out? We like the same rap and R&B! I think the other one I really like is the one you’d told me about with Gladys. The slower one with Force MC’s Tender Love and Keith Sweat was a good one too, I played that while doing makeup the other day. I'm so glad you love those as much as I do! I hope urgent care is able to help with your husband and get him over this faster. Hugs you’ve had a tough couple of weeks, be extra nice to yourself right now.

@865jessica How are the exercises going are you feeling stronger? Great job on water, sounds to me like you’re doing great!

@TeresaW2024 I feel that way with all the playlists too plus I love discovering new music. 80’s music almost always makes me happy. When your sleep is disturbed that much even if you have one night of good sleep you’re still wiped out which stinks. I hope this is temporary and not the new norm, prayers for you and Joe. Have a great time at the birthday party, being around old friends should be great for you both.

Hi awesome teammates! Charity stuff is smoothed out, it’s pretty funny all of us reached out to the president to let her know what was going on individually and we all tried to smooth it over. The three of us hung out after work was done last night and had some wine and laughs. The plan was I’d leave before the vice president so she could be talked to and I felt like I’d thrown her to the wolves when she was asked to stay back but a little while later she’d texted that her cat was mad she smelled like dogs (my cats were upset too, one of her dogs is always glued to me and I love him and the other two but my allergies were bad this morning). The president and I went and collected cards at a Valentine’s/farmer’s market this morning and had breakfast which was a lot of fun. Aside of that been doing some charity mail list stuff and cleaning. Have a great Sunday friends!

No Zero Days
    - Great weight lifting this week, I went up on weights and am feeling strong.
    - Good cardio/walking at the market
    - Great friend time
  • vrafer
    vrafer Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    vrafer
    Saturday
    PW: 182.4
    CW: 183.0
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @Katmary71-Thank you for the support. Sometimes I feel like I'm going nowhere because I'm not losing weight like I did at the beginning. Then I remind myself how much stronger I am now. The exercises helped me gain muscle where I was weakest but the pain keeps happening. My husband thinks its a nerve issue.
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,965 Member
    Options
    @865jessica Great job with the water, that's awesome. Any tips on water consumption for those of us who are struggling?

@digger61 Congrats on the loss yeah!

@TeresaW2024 Thanks. See below! :D I'm glad you both got good sleep at last. It really takes a toll on you when you don't sleep well, huh? I hope you had fun at the party.

@Katmary71 I haven't put on any of the animal channels but maybe I'll try that. I bet she barks at it though lol. That's funny about Jasper! And I'll have to try calming music for animals. The Dog Beach one was songs written by this guy who owns two Pomeranians, they are all dog-themed and hilarious, like this very catchy one:

"The Cheese Tax"
    The cheese tax! The cheese tax!
    You've got to pay the cheese tax
    Every time you're cooking
    When the cheese comes out
    This puppy comes looking
    The rules are the rules
    And the facts are the facts
    And when the cheese drawer opens
    You've got to pay the tax
    Hand it over quick
    Or things might get ugly
    I can get really loud
    I'm a really barky puppy
    I'm not just asking
    Because I'm looking for snacks
    This is real important business
    And you've got to pay the tax
    The cheese tax!
    Cheddar is acceptable, and Parmesan is fine
    But a little bit of Gouda would really blow my mind
    There's no escaping, so don't try to dodge
    Pay the dairy tarriff! The collection of fromage!
    The cheese tax!

@Katmary71 cont'd...I used to love Keith Sweat! Yeah I do love that kind of music. And yes, those were fun. Thank you, more on that below! I'm glad you had some laughs and had fun. That's awesome that you went up in weight and are feeling strong! Have a great day!

Hi all. Well, again, he didn't want to go to urgent care. He claims today he will go but we'll see. I went ahead and went to the pug party without him. I was there for two hours. It was a lot of fun. I took only Violet and I dressed her up in a purple dress and pearls. She looked so cute and had so much fun. She was running around like a madwoman, playing and chasing. I enjoyed watching her frolic. There was a fashion show with a runway walk, she didn't win but looked great! Today, whether or not I take DH to urgent care, I have a Spanish lesson over Zoom, my first. I am trying to learn Spanish because we are going to go to Mexico City in 2025. I am doing a trial lesson with 3 different tutors to pick which one I like best. Have a great day!

No Zero Days: Tracked everything, only one healthy snack (but unplanned).

Want to keep track of your steps with the team? Add a tab to the Google Sheet! https://tinyurl.com/Slimpossibles

Get the Kik app and chat with us in real-time! Just download the app, create a profile, and message me (username: trooworld) and I'll add you to the private group chat! https://kik.com/

My phrase for the year: "New year, new me!"

ula4fbv0qr6l.jpg
    j003eu56czml.jpg
    1cv9un8jnrp6.jpg
  • Cornanda
    Cornanda Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Just jumping in as I have been putting off posting. Don't mean to forget anyone!

@19shmoo69 @katmary71- thank you for sharing the spotlight piece. I really enjoyed reading it!

I don't have a playlist. I like 80s music! Where do you people find these interesting groups? It might be time for me to get back into music.

@Katmary71 - I also played the organ as a child. My teacher was the leader of a polka band, so a lot of it was polkas.

@AustinRuadhain @buniphuphu - Great to see you back!

@trooworld - hope your hand is better. Hope your husband is better or that you dragged his butt to the urgent care. Violet is so adorable in her purple dress. Gus also likes to watch TV. He is interested in animals. He will run up to the TV. He failed dog TV and cat TV because squirrels were too exciting. He is OK with aquariums. You can find these on Youtube for Violet. Last week he became very upset about the Charmin toilet paper bears and barked/growled at them. (they are cartoons) . I love the cheese tax song!

@laurelfit57 - I hope you get your meds worked out because not sleeping is the pits. It affects your whole day. Puppy and Vannie are SO CUTE! Please do tell us more about puppy.

@micaroo4 - I forgot to say that your cemetery trip was very interesting, thank you for sharing that.

@Veta2018 - good work on reassessing your habits. You got this!

@TeresaW2024 - Glad you and Joe finally got a good night's sleep. Enjoy the party today!

Not much new here- had a decadent steak dinner to celebrate a work event for DH. We were sent home with some carrot cake, but I only had a tiny bit and now it's in the freezer. For the Superbowl we are not partying much, but I will make nachos for dinner- light chips/ground turkey taco meat. I will make myself a big salad so I eat less nachos.

Wishing you all a wonderful week.

Lisa

• AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    @trooworld - I am so glad you liked some of the music! King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard is amazing! My son introduced me to them. I liked your silly cheese song! Your pug party made me smile. I hope all goes well with DH today.

@865jessica - Great job holding pretty steady this week. All your goals sound great! You are definitely not going nowhere if you are getting stronger.

@digger61 - Booyah for that loss!

@TeresaW1024 - I am so glad you guys got a good night's sleep. I hope things continue easing up.

@KatMary71 - Thanks for sharing an inspiring check-in. It's great that you smoothed things out with the charity folks, and great about all that movement!
    And woohoo! - 2Cellos is new to me, and great fun!

@Cornanda - Thank you, Lisa! It's great to be back! Your freezing the cake sounds smart. (At my house, I'd have shared it with my backyard chickens!) I love your plan to have salad today. It reminds me that I need to do that today, too! We have two friends coming over for the game. For me, smart eating means a salad and fruit and a smidge of guacamole, so that's what I will be doing.
  • AustinRuadhain
    AustinRuadhain Posts: 2,574 Member
    edited February 11
    Options
    Checking in on yesterday:
    🟢 Great food choices. I was really happy with them. I had two social events with tempting food, a coffee date at a place that makes super tasty cookies, and a party with platters of not-the-best for -me food. I stuck with healthy choices so I could check in with a little green circle! :)
    🟡 Movement - I got some walking in, but didn't meet my goal.
    🟢 Greasing the Groove - Push-Ups - I am focusing on push-ups right now. For me, right now, that's wall/counter push-ups but with good form, and the game is to do lots. I got in a set yesterday.
    https://www.artofmanliness.com/health-fitness/fitness/get-stronger-by-greasing-the-groove/

Today's plans
    ⚪ Food on plan with a focus in veggies, starting with a green smoothie this morning.
    ⚪ Plan for today's party: salad, fruit & smidge of guac
    ⚪ Fifteen for Fitness Challenge: I signed up for this, so at least 15 minutes of focused movement!
    ⚪ GtG Pushups: Goal for today is 3 sets (12+)
    ⚪ Movement: 6K steps/45 min walk
  • txcritter69
    txcritter69 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Morning Slim peep,

@vegan4lyfe2012 🎊 Congrats 🎊 on baby Oliver's arrival. Welcome to the world little Duckie! Thank you for the card it was nice getting mail that meant something, instead of a bunch of junk to shred.

@laurelfit57 your new little pup is the sweets. I think about getting another pup so Diesel would have someone to play with but then I think 🤔 that means 2 dogs have to go with us when we travel. Diesel is a handful so the idea goes out the window.😂

@Veta2018 I like your ideas in your reassessment.

@Katmary71 I am glad everything got worked out with the charity VP. Hopefully you won't have to worry about anymore issue.

@tammymccrady6278 I hope you are having a blasted with your grandkids.

@trooworld I am glad you got to go to the pug party and that Violet had such a good time. She looked so adorable. I hope your DH get to feeling better or goes to the urgent care.

@19shmoo69 thanks for sharing your story.

@TeresaW2024 I am glad you and Joe finally got a good night's rest but it might take a day or two of good nights to get back to feeling decent again. I hope you had a good time at the birthday party.

I am not happy with myself this week. My food choices are slim but I have been doing good at losing and blow it with the last 2 days of eating the wrong stuff. So this week I will be looking at what i am eating as well with how much I am eating. I will admit 1200 calories is not a lot of food in my book. I feel like I stay hungry all the time so, now i have to figure out why? Oh and stop SNACKING after 8 pm. It is time to take charge.

Weigh In Sunday: Feb 11
    SW 175
    PW 172.7
    CW 174.3
  • morenin
    morenin Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Username: morenin

SW: 255 lb.
    PW: 223.4
    CW: 226.3

So, I totally fell off the wagon yesterday and the day before. It was like being sick made me STARVING. Ah well, back to it.
  • 865jessica
    865jessica Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    @trooworld- I started slow just working at getting 24oz and built up from there. I find it helps me to have a large cup and use water flavoring. I start at only getting 8oz and sometime going all day with no water. I was never a fan of water.
This discussion has been closed.