Most effective exercise regiment for perimenopausal women?

Options
I’m in my early 40’s and started perimenopause a couple of years ago.

I’ve always heard it’s hard to lose weight when going through that change, but holy cow I didn’t realize how actually hard it is!

I’ve gotten back into my exercise/eating routine that normally would see me lose an average of 8 lbs a month. Only now it’s about 5 lbs that keep fluctuating back and forth.

I’ve heard that strength training is super important for menopausal women so I’ve been doing kettle bells. As with anything, consistency is key to success. Which is why I keep going regardless of the scale.

Still, I’d like some input from anyone that has had weight loss/tone up success while menopausal. What offered best results for you??

As a background, I’ve done keto before and was super successful while working out. Jump rope was my fave exercise until I got plantar fasciitis. So I can’t do anything high impact. That, plus menopause, equaled about a 30 lbs gain last year. I physically feel like crap and am desperate to feel better.

I’ve been back doing yoga and kettlebells for over a month and I found I have bursts of energy here and there, but overall I’m still menopause tired and am seeing super minimal changes.

Thank you!!

Replies