Mardi without the Gras - March Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    @Kitri2020 that is the other good thing about running, just out the door and off you go. I will try tomorrow morning to run off this afternoon's excesses 🫣
  • mightybunky
    Options
    March GW - 106.0 [/Color=red]
    Final GW - 104 lbs

Mar 4th - 108.4 *impromptu weigh in. Did not restrict or diet leading up to this.
    March 5th - 107.6 [/color]

So close to your goal, you are smashing this!

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,882 Member
    Options
    @mightybunky thanks for the shout out! It is going well - Its SOOO motivating when you're in that ZONE.

HAPPY WEDNESDAY LADIES

The FIRST layer of accountability for March:

For March 1st I decided to hire myself a cheap nutrition coach (using the 1Pharm app). I was in a group on Facebook (still am) and this one girl kinda posts, but doesn't but has a group - and a couple people share, not alot of activity ... Ya know that kind of group.

Well, she is with 1PHORM - I doubt she gets paid hardly anything but, she is a "hired coach" and I knew I needed something to latch onto for motivation and accountability that was a paid service. FREE was not motivating me. She reviewed what I had been eating and the calorie level and we decided on me being at 1500 calories and hitting 104g protein a day. NOTHING that I couldn't have done on my own however; my own attempts had NOT been working.

The second Layer to the motivation for March:
    My daughters boyfriend has a couple Holidays around easter - and he was hoping that we would travel to IOWA to see family for easter (Esp. since we didn't go for Christmas OR Thanksgiving). WE actually had NOT planned on a trip up there until May 30th. or Mothers Day, but hey, He has 2 days off and this would be his first time to see the extended family. My daughters, Aunts, uncles, grandmothers (GPa's have passed). SO we decided to go. YEAH - seeing family and being thinner more confident (actually I am going for thinner, cut, sculpted, but that sounds a little vain.... oh well).

WHATS WORKING:
    1. Increased protein ... to 1 G per body weight.
    -- Has reduced me by a couple pounds just in water weight on the scale and, the photos are improving also because of less water in my body.
    2. Increased water intake to 100-120oz per day goal
    -- This really helps. And I am NOT counting the water I get in my protein shakes.
    3. Added whey protein shakes to breakfast, lunch and then after dinner.
    -- really satisfies my sweet tooth.
    4. Ensuring I get in 3 vegetables and 1 fruit a day minimum.
    -- gets me my 20-30g of fiber a day which keeps me "regular"
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter - great list of what works! I have to work on the additional protein.

And love love love Caroline Girvan! Started a variety of programs last year and never stopped. The packed 30 minutes (the programs I chose) work perfectly with my schedule. Gosh - if only my diet had been on point.

My only issue has always been I get the “weight won’t make you look bulky” argument - but it’s semantics. I’ve not gotten bulkier - but I am thicker, denser, whatever the word is - and not a look I’m used to. I can see muscles, feel so much firmer - but clothes fit me curvier. My booty pops. So crazy. I’ve always been a “lil ol thing” and now curvier. Miss my “lil ol thing” look. 🫤
  • mightybunky
    Options
    CeeBeeSlim wrote: »
    Miss my “lil ol thing” look. 🫤
    Me too. But sounds like you are in a much better place than me, I have definitely lost rather than gained muscle, as well as gaining fat. Determined to get slim and toned again. And @SherryRueter you don't sound vain at all, we all want to look our best when we're seeing people we don't see often!

• HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,975 Member
    Options
    45, 5'7"
    SW Trend: 158.2
    End GW: ~128-132 (but may adjust up as I get closer due to potentially more muscle mass than when I was previously at that weight)
    Mar Goal: Minimum 7.5K steps/day (that may go up with the treadmill); weight trending downward; 2 pounds down (trend ideal)

3/6/24: 157.6

I can't lie - the end of February got CRAZY for me. First short vacation since 2017, and my first time leaving the puppy since I got him in May. While it was a relaxing time (overall), it was followed rapidly by my first track weekend of the year (which, while it could have gone much worse, also could have gone better), and of course all the craziness from work in between there.
    I totally let my eating slide, and honestly after all of that, I was just beat and my ADHD went into shut down mode. I just got done what I needed to, and barely at that.
    Feeling a little better this week, first track weekend out of the way makes the next ones MUCH easier, so working on getting control of myself here again.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Legs are pretty sore today from my run yesterday, so took it relatively easy. Went for an after school walk with coworker. We had to walk inside because of rain, so no hills like our outdoor walks. But we did do a few flights of stairs. Kept that pretty short and an easy pace. Did about 10 minutes of weight lifting at home, then got bored so I stopped for the day. But still a victory, since 10 minutes is more than 0 minutes!
    Now, taking a nice hot bath so I can soak my sore legs and hopefully be back to normal tomorrow.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Back is a little sore yet from back day. Biceps and triceps today, we shall see if I burned them out as well.

10 Minutes is a complete win @ScienceofTeaching
    @HoneyBadger302 welcome back! lets crush March

@ceebeeslim Your nutrition doesn't sound like its that far OFF plan. Just little tweaks that need to become more consistent (same as all of us).

• SherryRueter
    Options

Just updating my log.

Early 53 and 5 days ;) 5'-1" (ish)
    SW (01.2024) - 109# (ish)
    Highest Wt. - 175. (July 1999)
    Jan 31 Weigh in: 107.0
    March GW - 106.0
    Final GW - 104 lbs

Mar 4th - 108.4 *impromptu weigh in. Did not restrict or diet leading up to this.
    March 5th - 107.6 *Ate when hungry yesterday ✅
    March 7th - 106.8 *headed in the right direction! ✅

March Goals:
    1) Workout with BODi Dig Deeper - Collection 3
    2) Get in PiYo/Yoga once each week (7, 14, 21, 28)
    March 1st ✅
    3) Hit 100 oz water daily ✅
    Hit: Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6
    4) Hit my protein goal 85% of the time. (26 of 31 days)
    Hit: Mar: 1,2,3,4,5,6
    5) Hit Food tracking 90% of the time (28 of 31 days)
    Hit Mar: 1, 2, 3, 4,5,6
  • ScienceofTeaching
    edited March 7
    Options
    Took a mental health day from work today. Turned out to be really good timing, because shortly after my husband left for work, I started hearing weird sounds from the laundry room... Turns out that the cover had fallen off of our dryer vent, and birds were inside of it, starting to build a nest. So I had to scare the birds away and then get up on a ladder to duct tape the vent cover back up. Not sure how to fix it permanently, but at least I was home to give it a temporary fix and keep the birds from ending up with an entire nest built...
    Eating at home is hard for me. At school, I bring a packed lunch (400-500 calories) and sometimes an afternoon snack if I'll be staying after. But at home, I can just meander into the kitchen whenever the fancy strikes me, and all of those little snacks can add up. I was careful of the snacking today, so I'm still on target.
    Legs are less sore today, but still a little bit sore/stiff from Tuesday's run. Did a 30 minute walk on the treadmill to keep loosening up my muscles, so hopefully I'll be able to run again tomorrow afternoon while my husband coaches his team.
    Feeling a little frustrated, because the scale has mostly been hovering around the same place for two weeks. It will dip a little bit, then go right back up. I'm hoping that the stall in loss is from muscle gain.
    Looked at my other measurements, and they are encouraging. My waist is where it was last March, and my hips are only .5 inches larger than they were at this time last year. And my starting measurements in January were 1.5 inches higher for both than they were last year. So while I'm losing weight more slowly than last year, I guess I am getting smaller at the same rate. Now, I just have to keep with the good habits this time, and not start to lose steam some time in April. I am optimistic that this time I can stick with it!

Sorry for the long post!
  • mightybunky
    Options

Sorry for the long post!

Don't worry, it's what we're here for!

Good luck getting that vent fixed.

It's so frustrating isn't it, when you've lost a bit and then it slows down. I have done that so many times and then drifted away, only to find myself back here that little bit bigger than the last time. I am telling myself I need to be more patient this time, and slower is probably more sustainable anyway. That's great that your measurements are going the right way, you've totally got this 💪🏻

• CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    No apologies for long posts! I like hearing all the details! I can sometimes see myself in others’ circumstances.

Trying to stay the course. Pops has become a hoarder and I have stopped trying to “fix”, suggest, help etc. He’s not interested so I have surrendered. Sooooo - instead of getting stressed looking around the home and taking deep sighs I have done a treadmill run, Pilates reformer workout, airdyne bike workout, and an ab workout on the power tower for the last three hours. And today was supposed to be a rest day🥺.

Caroline Girvan Fuel day 9 tomorrow!

• ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    @ceebeeslim that's a good point about seeing ourselves in each other's circumstances! We're all on this journey, so it's nice to have company!

I'm so sorry about the stress of a hoarding family member! That must be really stressful, especially if they aren't willing to take any steps to change things.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Fit in a second workout for the day. Made plans to meet my parents at a fish fry tomorrow right after work, so by the time we eat, get home, and hang out for a bit, I probably won't want to or won't have time to work out.
    So back to the treadmill. Jogged 1 mile (13:30 pace, so not super fast). This was the first full mile that I've done without any walk intervals in a looooong time (probably at least a decade!). After that, walked another mile at an 18 min/mile pace. Now once again soaking in my epsom salt bath, hoping that I don't end up with sore legs again.
  • mightybunky
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim @ScienceofTeaching amazing efforts on the multiple work outs! I went for a cold lake swim this morning - just 200m/6 mins, I do it because I love it rather than for exercise, BUT instead of heading home for hot chocolate and hot carbs I drank a herbal tea and stayed for a yoga class before breakfast. My body is actually still buzzing! Early days still, but it is amazing how much better I feel when I get out there and do these things.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    I gave myself a break from logging today. enjoyed my girlscout cookies.
    I will PROMISE to you ... AND TO MYSELF to get my poop in a group and be 100% tomorrow.
    I just felt like having a day off.

The GOOD thing is, I feel good that I gave myself the break
    and GOOD that I met my goals for the WEEK/MONTH so far.
    I found out that I CAN DO hard things! and I did them ALL FREEAKING week!
    And afternoons don't have to be SNACK FESTs .

I WILL get back to it tomorrow because my goals are important to me. Today was a mental health day.

We got a new kitchen table the other day, Its wonderful to have another room almost complete. We have to do the ceiling light fixture next. https://roomstogo.com/furniture/product/rosalie-gray-5-pc-counter-height-dining-room-with-gray-stools/4347769P
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @ScienceofTeaching yes-just have to keep with the good habits this time, and not start to lose steam some time in April. Keep repeating the small habits …. They are working. Yay!!! Celebrate that with a dance 💃🏻 Sounds like you had a good run. Good job on getting that without walking.

@mightybunky - so you do cold plunges? Staying for yoga… nice. I know that feeling- I just rarely do it.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Happy Saturday, everyone!
    Went down 1 lb yesterday, but right back up today. So still holding steady where I've been for the past week. At least it's steady and not increasing! Someday it will start going down again.
    The fish fry yesterday was amazing, as usual. Fun to hang out with family and go down to our old neighborhood church. And like @SherryRueter said about the girl scout cookies, it's important to take a break and just enjoy things. I read someone describe those days as "feeding your soul" and I agree! I just have to not do that every single day hahah.
    I did work out a little bit yesterday after the fish fry. Helped my mom make food for a family party today (so of course, no calorie counting today!), then we put on a tv show and I used her dumbells and stepper while we watched. Going to try to get into my gym today before the birthday party.
    I hope that everyone has a nice weekend!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    Options
    Wow @SherryRueter. Same here. On both the food and the new kitchen table!

I didn’t even want the “treat” but it hit me that as much as my niece wants to be off to the Air Force already, she is “future-missing” us - and bakes to show her love. Ugh. So it was a molten lava type cake with ice cream so up just .6 pounds today. So what. I enjoyed it. She enjoyed me enjoying it so be it.

Back to business today! Rainy Saturday here but will get in my Caroline Girvan and some targeted core work!

Stay strong and disciplined everybody!! 🙌🙌
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Why is it that whenever my hubby is gone I end up finding a reason to stay up past midnight every night?? Ive been up every day for the last week till 1-3am. Then i feel horrible when I get up with my little girl around 6am. Shes down to two naps a day so im not really catching up.

Whenever i stay up, I snack. I dont know how many icecream sandwiches i have eaten… its alot. I also snack on chocolate chips and granola bars. All fueling my inactivity.

I havnt gotten in any runs since i have no one to watch maelynn and i dont want to run with the stroller. I havnt gotten in a workout video because im lazy.

All my energy has been going toward my girl and deep cleaning. My MIL and her dog finally moved out after being with us for almost a year (which was supposed to be a month) and now i finally have control over the cleanliness of my house. Soo happy. No more random dog pee, throwup, or hair, no more leaves, twigs, pinecones, or clutter, and the fridge is free of piles of halfeaten takeout.

Definitely lacking discipline at the moment. But somehow i am still losing weight. Thank god. Weighed in at 146lbs today! Prepregnancy weight is just 3 pounds away. Definitely noticing my body is not going to look as good (thin, toned) as it did prepregnancy at the weight im about to reach… its discouraging but i know i can keep making progress.