Mardi without the Gras - March Accountability Thread

Options

Replies

• ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    edited March 16
    Options
    Happy Saturday everyone!
    I've been tracking faithfully all week, and continuing to exercise as well. Not quite every day with the exercise, but close! Scale pretty much hovering around the same place still, but I didn't see my usual 2 lb increase at the start of my period this week, so maybe I'll see the number go down again soon.
    Another busy show weekend (playing with a local symphony, which is really fun!) and my husband's birthday dinner with his family. Going to be hard to track his mom's cooking, but I'll take my best guess. And carrying my bass and playing it is hard work, so that has to count for a few extra calories haha.
    Tomorrow might be a no tracking day, but we'll see. My parents always take me and my brother (also in the symphony) out for dinner after the Sunday afternoon concert. There's an applebees nearby, so we usually end up there, and I almost always end up with chicken tenders and fries as a reward for the long, busy weekend. I don't eat the whole meal (take some home for leftovers), but it's still a pretty big meal to track, so sometimes I skip tracking on those days and just call it a cheat/good for my soul day.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    @SherryRueter @Kitri2020 I don't mean like running in a gym as the problem; I either run outside and ignore everyone or I run on my treadmill at home. I mean just during the gait analysis at the store, that someone working at the store will be watching me haha. That's what I'm nervous about! But I know that the gait analysis is supposed to be the best way to get the right fit for a shoe, and that can help reduce the chance of injury and things like that, so I want to do things the right way.
  • SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    @ScienceofTeaching ohhhh! And I hope your symphony goes well. So nice of your parents to treat you. I get chicken fingers a lot also and normally take left overs from each meal.

Today we went to Texas Roadhouse as a celebration for my husbands work performance.I looked up the side dishes calorie
    counts and they had 1 svg corn for 190 cal. How did they do that? The side salad was 260 before dressing. The fries 360. I went with the fries and then. Counted them out (kinda weird) and ate 1/3 of them. Good for the soul.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Today is going well for me. It will be a 2 day streak . I hope we weigh in Friday.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone. Sounds like we’re all doing ok!

Although I weigh in daily, I’ve been looking at my progress week to week. Down two pounds and that will be enough motivation to not blow today with empty calories.

Need to really find a way to meet my water intake goals. Yep - @SherryRueter - those last few pounds mess with my brain.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, great work with the tracking! I have been away for work all week and trying to track choices on a hotel buffet has been interesting. Damage doesn't seem too bad, just one pound up which is depressing but predictable.

@ScienceofTeaching have you looked around a few different stores for gait analysis? I took a nephew shopping for running shoes before Christmas and we saw machines in basements and side rooms as well as in the middle of shop floors. So might be worth a bit of research to find one that's less in the middle of things.

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 10 miles run
    Weigh In: 105.7
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Sunday
    Workout:8 miles run
    Weigh In: 107.7
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 4 and 5)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/20/24
    3. Hit all timemarks 5 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Giving myself a score of 90% for Saturday, 85% for sunday and .... if I can keep my poop in a group, I will get a 90% for today. Just gotta mind my hunger. Had a sweet treat (300 cal) at 3pm ... if my poop stays in a group, then tonights dinner will be dinner and done.... FIND OTHER FUN.
    Maybe I will put my mom's photos in some albums, so i can have more of them done for Easter when we travel to Iowa.

no shout outs today. I honestly LOVE reading what you all have to say. It brightens my day.

I love the posts.

@justagirl81 may I ask, what's your calorie targets? I'd love to reach 104. not happening though, there's no way I could get to it until mid/end of april. Presently I am around 107. Too big of a sweet tooth. I am taking baby steps, getting there slowly. I guess that's a lifestyle change that way.

Mondays little Non Scale Victories to Remind myself of how Proud I should be of ME:
    + Gave up diet soda in January
    + Gave up flavored coffee/ I don't do black coffee. In February
    + Started using Cauliflower rice and sweet potatoes
    + Started to eliminate eating a cup of sugar with dry cocoa (January) several times a week
    + Adding artificial sweetener to things in January.
    + Reducing Processed foods that have added artificial sweeteners
    + Reduced processed foods/chips/etc.
    + Started logging food (March) without lying about it to myself.
    + Started Journaling what I'm doing and feeling, honestly. (March)
    (Because, lets face it, we all skip logging that *extra something* and pretend it didn't' go in the mouth.).
    + Added (MARCH) Protein and hitting 104+ (hoping to get up to 120grams per day)
    + SUGAR is down so far at 1/2 cup for march. (Estimating)

(March/April)
    Working on eating more WHOLE Fruits for my sweets. And NOT Sugar or hot cocoa dry powder packets.

Working on not feeling guilty, ashamed and mad at myself. Which is what I need to remember before grabbing treats.... because I HATE feeling that way. I hate the dialog that plays when I go to sleep on those nights. Tell me I'm not the only one.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 8 miles crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 106.7
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 6)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Hey Sherry :) I don't really count calories, more macros. Goal is to eliminate all carbs not coming from fruits or veggies (paleo). My body feels sooooo much better without grains and legumes. Unfortunately, I keep making poor choices. Maybe self-sabotage? :/
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    45, 5'7"
    SW Trend: 158.2
    End GW: ~128-132 (but may adjust up as I get closer due to potentially more muscle mass than when I was previously at that weight)
    Mar Goal: Minimum 7.5K steps/day (that may go up with the treadmill); weight trending downward; 2 pounds down (trend ideal)

3/6/24: 157.6
    3/20/24: 155.0
    Today was a low weigh in (had a huge lunch and ended up not wanting dinner), but saw 155's more than once.
    Going to start a new thread for another topic that is somewhat related....
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 8 miles run
    Weigh In: 109.2 :(
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 7)
  • SherryRueter
    edited March 20
    Options
    I don't feel like doing this today....
    help...
    Do you just throw in the towel some days at 9am and go whatever. Today is a "this doesn't matter" day.

I almost wish we had a Facebook messenger group so we could interact more closely.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I don't feel like doing this today....
    help...
    Do you just throw in the towel some days at 9am and go whatever. Today is a "this doesn't matter" day.

I almost wish we had a Facebook messenger group so we could interact more closely.

I've had those days, but I've also found that a "moment" isn't the end of the world. So a meal, or a dessert, or dealing with some munchies - workouts, well, I've been pretty bad about that myself lately, so can't say that I've got great advice there other than, again, something is better than nothing. So a 5 min walk is better than sitting on the couch.

Re: FB group - you know, I actually still have one sitting out there (I think), I could revive it and make it private with a link here if folks would be interested. I actually like that idea as I'm not on MFP daily, and definitely not all day.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @honeybadger302 I would totally do a FB group. It would be so much more accessible for me. I too only pop on MFP mainly 1-2x a day.
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @HoneyBadger302 Id be interested in a group, id prefer a discord group though… i try not to be on facebook.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @kitri2020 what is a discord group?

Today is going to be a great day food wise. I just feel it.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Hi all! Been away for a few days... Fighting a cold, so diet and exercise are sort of lost causes to me right now. Haven't run since Monday, and have been pretty much eating what I want when I want. Went to work sick yesterday, which was a big mistake (used almost an entire box of tissues, and I feel bad for my poor students who were stuck in the room watching me blow my nose), so making up for it by staying in bed all day today. The kids have a test, and I was torn between wanting to be there to answer their questions and thinking that my constant sniffles would be a distraction. So opted to stay home today. Slept for 12 hours, and I'm actually feeling better than I was yesterday. Hopefully if I keep resting, that will help and I'll be back to normal soon.

I'd be interested in a facebook group as well! I don't know much about discord, so not sure if that would be something I would be interested in.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Progress check-in: I've been hovering around the same weight for almost a month now. Lost pretty rapidly and consistently through Jan-Feb, so I think I got complacent. I know that I haven't been strict with calories (especially snacking), and that's going to be the key to getting back on track. But it's HARD! I've also increased my running significantly (which increases my hunger - a vicious cycle!), so maybe some of it is muscle. Hard to tell!
    At least I haven't been gaining! I've been staying very steady, fluctuating up and down about 1 lb depending on the day, which is within a pretty normal zone of day to day fluctuation.
  • justgirl81
    edited March 21
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 8 miles crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 106.9
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 8)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 3/27/24
    3. Hit all timemarks 15 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)

I'm making some changes in hopes to improve my digestion. I'm increasing healthy fats even more so and GABA. Eliminating Tryptophan and Magnesium.