Mardi without the Gras - March Accountability Thread

Options
SherryRueter
SherryRueter Posts: 2,847 Member
Hello ladies, here we are again, new month and new opportunities.

What are your march goals?

Replies

• SherryRueter
    Options

Early 53 and 5 days ;) 5'-1" (ish)
    SW (01.2024) - 109# (ish)
    HighestWt. - 175. (07.1999)
    Jan 31 Weigh in: 107.0
    February GW - 106.0
    Final GW - 104 lbs

Feb Goals:
    100% 1) Workout with BODi Dig Deeper - Collection 2.
    3x in Feb2) Get in PiYo/Yoga once each week
    85% 3) Follow a Water First, Veggies Most plan. (2B Mindset).
    I felt like I followed it 85% of the time. Still no soda!
    70% 4) Skip 2-5 snacks. Drink Water :# {color=green] Felt like I need to track better to know how I am doing on this one and on #5.
    5) Track Water. Track Food. Reduce Caffeine.

March Goals:
    1) Workout with BODi Dig Deeper - Collection 3
    2) Get in PiYo/Yoga once each week (7, 14, 21, 28)
    3) Hit 100 oz water daily
    4) Hit my protein goal 85% of the time. (26 of 31 days)
    5) Hit Food tracking 90% of the time (28 of 31 days)

From Feb: the challenge was to be better with my 2pm -5pm snacking and, I was able to accomplish several days where I was "Good".
    I also worked on my hunger signs- and was eating several meals when hungry.

I want to continue to eat when hungry. AND to add on to that, to stop when I pause eating.

I have not weighed in. I'm afraid to at this point. I was planning on Feb 29th but, I am not feeling confident enough to do that.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I'm back for another month!
    February was tough for me, so I had a lot of days of just eating whatever I wanted. But even on those days, I kept up exercise, so that was a victory. Ended the month down 2 pounds from the last day of January, so I managed my weight goal.
    Goals for March:
    -Keep up the good habit of exercising most days.
    -Continue to track food most days.
    -Lose 3 more pounds (would bring me to 10 pounds for the year! 5 in January, 2 in February).
    -Reduce alcohol intake. I did a damp January and meant to do the same in February, but I backslid a little bit. Didn't drink every day, but still more often than I think I should have.
  • mightybunky
    mightybunky Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    You are both doing so well! I am 48 years old, 5'11" and currently my highest weight ever - 170lb. Which I know isn't crazy, but it's gradually crept up from 150 10 years ago and I feel flabby and horrible. So here we go:
    SW - 170
    Highest weight - 170
    March GW - 165
    Final GW - 150 (a girl can dream...)
    Goals for March:
    - Get back into tracking food
    - Work out where I need to make cuts
    - Exercise at least 5 days every week

Apparently to lose 1 lb / week my daily calorie goal is 1320. I will never make that, but hope exercise makes up the difference. I think it was the loss of ~300 calories a day cycling to work in the pandemic that really messed me up, so looking to burn at least that and more. Hoping all of you who are closer to your goals will inspire me xx
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Welcome @mightybunky! Best of luck with your March goals!
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Thanks for starting by the March thread, @SherryRueter. Welcome @mightybunky! You’ll find lots of support here!

Exercise last month has been great - and like we all know - it’s the nutrition that I have to get in check. Self-discipline, self control and consistency!! I hate to say it but accountability is the one thing I’m missing from that list of “musts” for me, but I know if I had to show up in person to conduct a weigh in, I’d do better. Not the best way and not sure what that says about me! Maybe I can think of ways to simulate that.

Let’s March on! Spring forward! LEAF the bad habits behind! Time to BLOSSOM! Time for us
    to FLOWER🤣🤣. Were these spring metaphors inspiring or should I not quit my day job! 🤔🤔😆

• SherryRueter
    Options
    Goals for March:
    - Get back into tracking food
    - Work out where I need to make cuts
    - Exercise at least 5 days every week

SO nice to have you here! Even a pound per month is equal to 12# less in a year, 24# in 2 years. The smaller the habit change, the easier it is to keep it up. THIS goes BOTH ways! It was rather easy to just have an extra treat.... thus weight comes on and a new habit / lifestyle emerges The same goes with just not having that extra something. the SMALLER the change, the easier.

I'm still working on finding my smaller change, but awareness is the first step. Nice to have you aboard.

@scienceofteaching - nice to see you again. I'm excited to hear how you progress this month
    @ceebeeslim - Leaf the bad habits behind.. YEAH!!!

• SherryRueter
    Options
    March 1st:

WORKOUT: LEG DAY. DONE. then 30mins ELLIPTICAL.
    WATER : 4pm and I think im at 100oz..... feels like it at least.
    FOOD TRACKING: On point to meet my Food Tracking for the day
    PROTEIN GOAL: On point to meet my Protein goal for the day.

MARCH STREAK started. ...
    FRIDAY food - normally a struggle - it has been great today , on plan! Not letting that little devil of a voice con me into the Junk food today.

Lets talk water.... I get in almost 50oz+ by 8am. Then another 30 by noon. and 20 by 4pm.
    Almost zero by 7pm. I need to balance mine out -- I think that would be a helpful place to start.
    How are you with your water.

*By water I mean any low cal liquid, coffee, crystal light, etc and of course water

Talking about the scale - I was rewarded by my daughter with a "GOOD JOB" for not weighing in. a few days ago I wanted to weigh in but was chicken to. So I put in my head a vision that I had weighed in and I was indeed -1 # - therefore I was so happy. My daughter thought that was such a good mindset and probably healthier than actually gettiing a real number that day. Maybe so..... I find the scale to make me happy and sad. I need to be compliant for a good 5 days before I'm willing to step on it. AND THEN, I'm still wondering if I will overeat because it was a low number (or a high number). Diet culture has such a hold on our minds sometimes. Im getting better at looking in the mirror and seeing myself as strong, happy and sexy.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    Opening night of our school's musical tonight, so it has been a crazy hectic week. But overall, I've been eating relatively well. Only 1 fast food day this week. Haven't exercised much (but still a little bit-better than nothing), because I've barely had any time away from school.
    Down just a bit from last week. Hopefully the trend continues!
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim I love the springy motivation!
  • mightybunky
    Options
    @SherryRueter totally get what you're saying about weighing in. I know it's not for everyone but I find making it part of my morning routine every day - get up, go to bathroom, weigh, clean teeth, log weight - makes it less of a big deal.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    edited March 3
    Options
    @mightybunky I agree about the consistency of the morning routine with the weight! Often, when I'm in the process of gaining weight, I'll forego the scale altogether, because if I don't see a number going up, it doesn't exist. So daily weight checks are a good routine for me to make sure that I'm on track.
    But @SherryRueter , I totally understand why that isn't for everyone! I like your visualization method! I have an overactive imagination, so my problem is that I could easily visualize things that are super unrealistic and just convince myself that I'm seeing progress that isn't happening. So the scale and the tape measure help me to have quantitative data.
    As to the water intake question you posed, I'm great on hydration during the work week M-F. I keep an electric kettle in my classroom and I just keep topping off my tea cup all day as I teach. Luckily, I'm right across the hallway from a bathroom, so I can run across between classes if I need to. I do black tea in the morning and late afternoon for a little caffeine boost and herbal for a few hours in between.
    I have more trouble with water intake on the weekends, because I don't have my tea routine at home. I drink coffee as a weekend morning treat, but then I sometimes forget to have more liquids after that until lunch.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    March progress so far: Number on the scale is still headed slooooooowly back down after my stall in February. Really proud of myself for ending February/starting March strong, even with the musical this weekend.
    Today is most likely going to be a total cheat day food-wise, because my parents and one of my brothers and his girlfriend are coming to see me play, so we will go out to dinner afterward. By the time I'm done playing, I'm always starving. I've been packing snacks in my car for the drive home afterward so that I don't end up in a drive through getting french fries. I managed to fit a few workouts in before rehearsals, but this weekend has been a break from working out. I might have time when I get home from the show tonight, but I also might be too wiped out to manage a workout. I'll have another busy show weekend like this in two weeks, so hopefully I'll be really focused on my food and exercise in the 2 weeks in between.
    Hope March is going well for everyone so far!
  • mightybunky
    Options
    @ScienceofTeaching sounds like you are doing great, hope the show goes well, what do you play?

That is exactly what I feel about foregoing the scale while gaining weight, I was 5-10 (ok 10) above my goal weight (ok above top of my goal weight range) for quite a while, weighing semi-regularly, then couldn't face it for a few months, was expecting to have gained a bit but didn't expect a whole other 10 pounds 😟 So back to daily now.
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @mightybunky I weigh myself most days but i dont log it every day. Probably should.

@CeeBeeSlim We could throw around some ideas for further accountability because i think thats what alot of people are on here for. Maybe we could have a separate thread for progress photos or something like that?

Also just a thought, discord is a great ‘upgrade’ for group chat/voice/image sharing all that stuff
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    Its been awhile since ive posted but ive been checking in on yalls posts. February was pretty good as far as my goals i didnt meet my mileage goal but i was pretty close. I met my weight goal! The rest was hit about 70% of the time (guitar, water, pumps). Im now at about 148 lbs which is 5 from my prepregnancy weight which is my current goal. Its kinda hard to believe how far ive come over the last 7-8months. Ive lost almost 40lbs. Ive has so many ups and downs feeling like i wasnt losing it fast enough but overall i think ive been doing great. I feel alittle less hopeless and depressed about my body haha im feeling stronger since running again and feeling sexier since losing all this weight. I think im going to be less focussed on the numbers once i hit 140-145 and more on the mirror for muscle tone and running peformance.
  • ScienceofTeaching
    Options
    @mightybunky I play bass and cello! It's a lot of fun, but whenever I'm doing a show or a concert, it makes for a super busy week/weekend and that can lead to a lot of junk food if I'm not careful.
  • mightybunky
    Options
    @mightybunky I play bass and cello! It's a lot of fun, but whenever I'm doing a show or a concert, it makes for a super busy week/weekend and that can lead to a lot of junk food if I'm not careful.

That's so cool, do you play in an orchestra? I always find it hard planning around doing stuff in the evening, taking food with you is such a good idea. I was out for dinner on Saturday night and I managed it by checking the menu online first so I could plan what to eat there and for the rest of the day to keep on target. Does kind of take the fun out of it though...
  • mightybunky
    Options
    Kitri2020 wrote: »
    Its been awhile since ive posted but ive been checking in on yalls posts. February was pretty good as far as my goals i didnt meet my mileage goal but i was pretty close. I met my weight goal! The rest was hit about 70% of the time (guitar, water, pumps). Im now at about 148 lbs which is 5 from my prepregnancy weight which is my current goal. Its kinda hard to believe how far ive come over the last 7-8months. Ive lost almost 40lbs. Ive has so many ups and downs feeling like i wasnt losing it fast enough but overall i think ive been doing great. I feel alittle less hopeless and depressed about my body haha im feeling stronger since running again and feeling sexier since losing all this weight. I think im going to be less focussed on the numbers once i hit 140-145 and more on the mirror for muscle tone and running peformance.

That's amazing, well done! I've just started running again but I'm a lot further from my goal weight than you are and carrying that extra weight around is a struggle. Does motivate me to want to lose it though, and as you say feel stronger and sexier. How often do you run and how far? I used to do a regular 5k (3 miles) with some sprints, but yesterday could only manage 4k/2.5 miles.
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    How often do you run and how far? I used to do a regular 5k (3 miles) with some sprints, but yesterday could only manage 4k/2.5 miles.

I used to run 50-60miles a month before i got pregnant which was 2-5 mile runs just about every day. Now, im working myself back to that. I currently run 15-20miles a month. Im adding 5 each month so this month is 25mile goal. Right now i run mostly on the weekends so i dont have to mess with a stroller. I usually run 2-3miles a couple times a week.
  • SherryRueter
    Options

Early 53 and 5 days ;) 5'-1" (ish)
    SW (01.2024) - 109# (ish)
    HighestWt. - 175. (07.1999)
    Jan 31 Weigh in: 107.0
    February GW - 106.0
    Final GW - 104 lbs

Mar 4th - 108.4 *impromptu weigh in. Did not restrict or diet leading up to this.

March Goals:
    1) Workout with BODi Dig Deeper - Collection 3
    2) Get in PiYo/Yoga once each week (7, 14, 21, 28)
    march 1st ✅
    3) Hit 100 oz water daily ✅
    4) Hit my protein goal 85% of the time. (26 of 31 days)
    Hit: Mar: 1,2,3
    5) Hit Food tracking 90% of the time (28 of 31 days)
    Hit Mar: 1, 2, 3

Working on reprogramming my mind so that I eat when I am hungry and do other tasks when I am not hungry.

I did an Impromptu weigh in this morning, meaning I didn't pre-mediatate for a few days on if I should weigh in or not, I didn't starve myself or anything. I just simply gave the scale a shot to see what I t would say the day after Sunday (which is typically a higher food day bc we have pizza).

Weighed in, up 1.4# from January 31 weigh in. 108.4 which is what its been for a couple years. I just remember how sculpted I look at 104 and therefore thats my goal. however, I do have amazing food freedom if I would stay at 108.

This week....Eat when hungry. Mindset/meditation practice daily.