April Showers brings May Fitness - May 4, 2024

Options
CeeBeeSlim
CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
Happy April Everyone! Soooo glad the batteries in my scale died this morning so I couldn’t get a reading. Probably would’ve sent me into a tailspin after the week I had.

Sooo - trying to up my game (again) and get serious. It’s still enough time before summer, I got all my holiday travel binge out the way - and will use today as the first day of REALLY getting serious.

There is really such a thing as National Fitness Day - so by the time May 4th comes, I plan to be as fit as I could be and doing my best for the next month.

C’mon gal pals!! We can do this! 🤞🤞🙏🏽🙏🏽👏👏💪

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited April 3
    Options
    WE can do this!!!!

I have a scale - I'm happier if I don't use it very often.

With that said, I'm also focusing on less food - more nutrients.

Day 2 under way of eating the foods I'm supposed to and the quantity as well.
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter The FB group link didn't work for me, but would love to join (seemed like some kind of security setting on the group).
    Today was a "heavy" day, but I finally restarted my workouts. Made it through Q1 with some very minor changes to my daily routine (mostly the walking pad under my desk) but also starting to treat the peri, which is proving to be life altering right now again, so this week with the start of Q2, restarting my AM workouts on the 4 days/week I work from home. Starting out light as my shoulder has really been bothering me, but even a few days of doing my exercises for it and it's feeling a ton better.
    Guess that's my sign I'm at that age where you keep things moving properly and working a little extra or pay for it!
    In addition to the workouts, I picked up a squat rack and all their workout equipment from a friend for a decent price, and hauling and setting that all up was a workout (decent set of plates, some kettlebells, few dumbbells, few other random things, mats, plus the rack itself). Mildly sore, but not bad as my workouts I'm starting out light - enough to be a workout, but easing into it a bit too.
    4/3/24: 158.6
  • Kitri2020
    Kitri2020 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter I tried the fb link too and it didnt work. It says “this content available right now. When this happens its usually because the owner only shared it with a small group of people, changed who can see it or its been deleted”
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    I just made a new facebook group called Fitness Pals: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3642860499287446/
  • justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 107.9lbs
    Nutrition: Acceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 21)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 4/10/24
    3. Hit all timemarks 15 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Kitri2020 I just joined. THank you.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Thursday
    Workout: 6 mile walk
    Weigh In: No weigh in

Friday
    Workout: 8 mile run
    Weigh In: 107.7lbs

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 22)
    3. Hit all timemarks 15 minutes early. (1p/9p/11p/10a)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    So no one is posting here anymore? :(
  • Kitri2020
    Options
    Me and Sherry are active on the facebook group I linked in a previous post! Love to see you @justgirl81 and any of yall there :)
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Saturday
    Workout: 8 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 108.4lbs
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 23)
    3. Nutrition level Good daily
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Kitri2020 wrote: »
    Me and Sherry are active on the facebook group I linked in a previous post! Love to see you @justgirl81 and any of yall there :)

I appreciate the invite Kit! :) I think I will also continue to post here for consistency.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Sunday
    Weigh In: 108.5lbs
    Nutrition: Terrible (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (Luke 24)
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Reminder: Facebook group called Fitness Pals: https://www.facebook.com/groups/3642860499287446/

• SherryRueter
    edited April 8
    Options
    SUnday - not as good.
    Weight 107.6 I tried to use the mindset of "I want a weight loss for monday'
    But sunday afternoon, I just wanted chocolate more than I wanted a lighter # on the scale.

Food planned for monday and headspace is back
    Workout was great- chest and back - feeling strong in my workouts and continually adding a couple # more to the workload as I am able. This morning my Personal Best # was a pull over at 55# for 12 reps.

ENded my workout with Steadystate cardio for 20mins. Solid start to the day.

OH, and I chose not to weigh in today. My plan is to weigh Wed.
    after I've had a few successful calorie target days.
    I'm trying to be lighter in calories overall today - Do you do that too - I suspect we all do, try to balance the heavier food day with the next being less food. If only I had my willpower that I had when I was 20-25 my memories seem to think I was able to under eat a lot easier back then. Maybe it was that we didn't have the money to buy food. No clue.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    In Memphis we did not have a Total Eclipse, more like 80% . Work provided the glasses and the time to spend in the parking lot staring at the sky. Beautiful day, light clouds. It didn't get dark, maybe more like dusk (?) It felt a lot lighter outside than it seemed it should. I've been admiring the photos from social media.

I guess the last one was in 1979. I was roughly 10yrs old and remember going outside with the class (we had school!) and using the paper hole method to look at it. That's all I remember. Do any of you remember that one?

Workouts are going good. Doing DIG DEEPER Info below is from my apple watch.

accountability: Tuesday: PiYo (300cal burn) + lighter cardio (total 424cal)
    Monday: Chest and Back (watch batterie died, not charged over night, sad face)
    Sunday: Total body (343 cal, avg heart rate 141BPM. Mainly in Zone 4: 22mins 147-159 BPM)

Finally went to the Sports Medicine doctor about my shoulder and, he said its seems to be a bicep tendon issue and the Steroid shot is the most effective. He also signed me up for physical therapy. said to keep taking Ibuprofen. This should resolve the issue, but if it doesn't we will do an MRI. I took a rest day today.

Does this count as rest? I did Piyo for 45mins. My heart rate averaged 151 BMP (thats Zone 4 for me on my apple watch) . I know I hit Zone 5 (top zone of 159+ during it also.) SOOOO crazy?!?!
    I think for a "rest day" they probably don't want my heart rate that high.

I'm taking points for getting in some pilates/Yoga. Heck, that's a good burn.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Monday
    Weigh In: 108.2lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 1)
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @justgirl81 - do you also do strength training, or only cardio? What about yoga? Just curious. Are you training for an upcoming event or anything (many runners do that, so I thought I could ask).

• CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Doing well so far! Hope to keep it up. Had bad news recently - my closest in-law died suddenly - was found on her bathroom floor after celebrating her birthday! Mid 60s, slim, but a smoker. Autopsy to be conducted.

Have to get a grip now. Either my reaction is to feel like a loss of 10lbs is so irrelevant and unimportant so I’ll eat - OR - go the opposite extreme and do all I can do for better health and make the best choices every day.

Ugh.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @Ceebeeslim - I was wondering about you.

oh gosh! That's happened within the last year to 3 highschool classmates (different grads than I). One was on a ragbrai - bike ride across the state of Iowa and died either in his tent sleeping that night or on the bike. He was a pediatric surgeon. Another was a girl that just yea... like your in law. Healthy ish, slender. I hate to say, but I wonder if the covid shot had anything to do with it. I've read a few articles about the incidents among that age group showing heart attacks or something. You just don't know what you don't know. My brother in law passed 2 years ago on a freak tractor accident. =All this to say, My condolences. It really just hits differently.

I was just listening to a podcast by Nutrifacts.org Dr. Michael Gregger - he has a lot of information on longevity and foods that boost it and foods that are just as carcinogenic as cigarettes. Sugar being the main one.

What I did is tried to focus on my health. I can stay active so that "when I've fallen" I can get back up easily. I can listen to different theories on healthy foods (seems to be pointing at whole foods plant based). And make sure that I am feeding it high nutrients. All of this will help me as I age. And it will fight of disease.

I eat my fair share of sugar-don't get me wrong, Its a work in progress and making small baby steps daily.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    My ability to focus on work this morning is pretty low.
    I did workout a scenario for a "CUT" though

I think with my binge type / overeats, I probably consume 2100 calories a day average.

I can reduce my calories by -300 (which honestly would be not eating afternoon snack, or foregoing an after dinner snack).

That would be 300 Cal *7 Days = 2100 calories reduction a week equaling around .6# a week loss from calories.

Continuing that cut for 5 weeks would equal 10500 calorie reduction which is roughly 3lb loss from food.

Bringing me to a mothers day weight around 105#

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target

✅ Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!