April Showers brings May Fitness - May 4, 2024

Options

Replies

• SherryRueter
    SherryRueter Posts: 2,899 Member
    edited April 15
    Options

βœ… Mon, April 15th = Goal - below Cal. πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 75 m

I am proud Saturday that I ate to my maint. calories (more as a refeed day, since I've been under for several days now).

I am proud of Sunday, that I ate healthy for Breakfast and Lunch. And in the afternoon I got in my steps. And my water. I ate balanced 3 meals.

I could have done better with: Having the freaking slice of cake instead of munching on the peanuts and peanut butter M&Ms instead. They put me off track.

Today I am focused on being back in my deficit - which should be an easy feat for today. AND, I'll be having coffee... YUM.
    Mothers day weight around 105#

2100 Calories at maintenance
    -300 Calories for Cut
    1800 : New calorie target

βœ… Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    βœ… Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Leg day 60m
    βœ… Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 60m
    βœ… Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Total Body 60m
    βœ… Sat, April 13th = At Maint. Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ PiYo 50m
    βœ… Sun, April 14th = Over Maint Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
    βœ… Mon, April 15th = _______________________ πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
  • SherryRueter
    edited April 15
    Options
    CeeBee and Sherry, I am so impressed with how well you exercise discipline in your calorie consumption. I'm NEVER under 2100 calories anymore. I hope to improve.

Your journey sounds like mine. For a couple years I could not figure out how to get under 2100 calories. I too am 5'0" and petite. *(goal weight would be to go from 108 to 104 and see if that helps define muscles/CUT). I finally enrolled myself with an online coach to help me with emotional eating for a couple months. That slowly started to help me mentally get into the headspace I needed to get into. I recently have been RE-following Chalene Johnson and took a 14 day free course from her called Phase it up. (Honestly, didn't listen to everything daily). But she talks about how she just stopped eating snacks between meals and --- I have no clue how, but its starting to click.

I've only recently been able to hit the 1200 mark and reduce those calories and stay off of snacks. I just told myself "no" and it honestly feels good to be a little hungry and, I've been able to recognize when I am satisfied. AND I've been having better sleep. And feel more focused and clear and less like a drug addict trying to get a hit. Sunday I had too much sugar 4p-9p and that made me have hot sweats all night. Common with women 50+ as the sugar spikes tend to magnify the night sweating. Another good reason to just have a 300 calorie dinner and stay hungry and drink water at night.

Last night was a *kitten* nights sleep. 3 shirts and a pair of shorts. woke up all night --- so not fun. SOOOO NOT FUN. I'd rather be hungry than to repeat that all.

I'm babbling so I'll stop talking.... Hope this helps. Just letting you know, you're not alone. I 100% recommend an online coach for emotional eating. Mine was: https://www.kellylwellness.com
    https://www.instagram.com/kellylwellness/
  • ScienceofTeaching
    ScienceofTeaching Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    @SherryRueter I had never heard about sugar and night sweats, but I feel like that could explain some of my sleep. I'm not over 50, but I do have night time hormonal hot flashes. I'll have to try keeping track of evening snacking and see if that is what's causing it for me.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Yes- I actually google searched a pod cast asking google about sugar and hot flashes. A podcast from a doctor came up and the last set of points were how lifestyle things can trigger night sweats and hot flashes. Mine have ALWAYS been coming after a night where I don't eat as I should. AND I have my best sleeps when I have a light meal that is greens and a little protein. I would guess you will find the same. You could also PURPOSEFULLY do a carb heavy snack close to bed time- and see if that "sets it off".

• justgirl81
    justgirl81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Monday
    Workout: 7 mile crosstrainer
    Weigh In: 106.4 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 6)
    2. Reach 104.0 lbs by 4/20/24
    3. Nutrition level Good daily
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • justgirl81
    edited April 16
    Options
    Sherry,
    I appreicatite the reply. i'm actually 5'4" with a goal of 105lbs . As a very active person (RN and avid hiker), most calorie calculators say my body needs 2050 cal per day. I always assume they overestimate, so I go with 1700 goal. I am impressed that you can have energy on so little.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @justagirl Looks like your numbers are headed in the right direction. AHHH an RN and a hiker. I like to walk, hiking makes me wonder if I would get lost. And my shoes would get so dirty. LOL. I only know that for me to maintain 108# I needed about 2000 calories a day. And a solid 60mins intense workout plus 15,000 steps / active days.

I'm really just at the beginning of a 'lower calorie' & Plant forward lifestyle shift.
    Saturday's I will plan to be at maint. around 1900-2100.
    Sunday's a little less 1500-1800
    Weekdays since I am at a desk job, 1200-1500 should be okay.

I'm not counting calories per-se but I am really trying to find my hunger cue's and listen to them. I've been updating my LOSEIT app at 9pm at night, as a daily recap. I've not been hitting 1200. But I have been starting to feel hunger before meal times - and sit thru the hunger instead of immediately quenching the urge. A lot of this I can pin point back to my EMotional eating coach and her methodology.

• SherryRueter
    Options
    βœ… Tue, April 16th = started my morning with Mobility work from my physical therapist. Trying to make wise choices so my shoulder will heal while I am taking a 2 week hiatus from weights. Added on 30mins of steady state cardio - its harder than it looks. and ended with 10mins of ABS - because I had the time. Got into work 15mins early.

I am proud that Monday, I ate plant forward all day long and minus having a few too many coffees - I did great. I still had some night sweats last night, but not as intense as the night before. I had a fan on me all night - not my favorite thing - I may have to get accustomed to this.

I could have done better MOnday with having 2 cups less cold brew.

Todays focus: to have hunger before I eat food. No hunger, then its not time to eat.

-300 Calories for Cut

βœ… Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    βœ… Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Leg day 60m
    βœ… Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 60m
    βœ… Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Total Body 60m
    βœ… Sun, April 14th = Over Maint Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
    βœ… Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    βœ… Tue, April 16th = ____________ πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    Todays food:
    Breakfast: 1 Apple and 3T Yogurt with 1/2 Tbs Peanut butter

Lunch: 2c Lettuce, 1 handful spinach, 10 sweet hamburger slices, 1/4c BLueberries. 1/4c Pinto beans, small slice of Tofu. 1.5T Homemade poppyseed dressing. 1 Tbsp Miso paste in 1C hot water. Salt/Pepper/Garlic and non-salt seasoning.

Snack: Cold brew with 1 pump Cinnamon syrup and 2 oz Unsweetened Almond milk and 2Tbsp Whey Brand: GHOST. Flavor: Cinnabon Ghost

Dinner tonight: 2c green Veggies. 4oz meat (probably ham tonight). 1/2c - 1c fruit. 1/4c Chickpeas/northern beans mixed.
  • CeeBeeSlim
    CeeBeeSlim Posts: 1,272 Member
    Options
    Up and down up and down. As I β€œtype” - I’m sitting in a cardiologist’s office waiting for my dad to be finished with his annual tests. I’m astounded by how many young (ish) - folks I see here. And a plaque for an athlete under 50 who died after his third heart attack. The reasons could be anything but it’s enough of a β€œcold water in face” moment to stop -;/(:):&;@/β€œ$ around and start taking with better care of myself when it comes to nutrition - not just calories but nutritional foods!

Haven’t been eating well - the doc appts stress me out but have to find a better way to deal with it.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Tuesday
    Workout: 9 mile hiike
    Weigh In: 108.3 lbs
    Nutrition: Unacceptable (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 7)
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • HoneyBadger302
    HoneyBadger302 Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    Hey all, I joined the "new" FB group, I missed weigh ins the start of this month, but currently sitting around where I was, but day to day is varying wildly due to workouts/schedules/races/trackdays/inconsistent eating due to schedule being wild.
    Feeling good overall though, and staying on top of the important things at least!
    Had a great first-race-back after a few years off from actually racing - made my "reasonable stretch" goal for the weekend, and had fun.
    q1aw4wd12rad.jpg
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    The new FB group needs to be set to private. I'm not 100% sure who can all see my stuff but, at least one friend commented on it and...I was taken aback. Once its set to private,I'll share a lot more within the FB group.

That photo is awesome. Looks highspeed and dangerous. LOL
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    βœ… Thur, April 18th = (goal) UNDER Calories [/color]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.

work is slow again.

Today's focus: be @ or Under calories

-300 Calories for Cut

βœ… Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    βœ… Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
    βœ… Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    βœ… Thur, April 18th = (goal) UNDER Calories [/color]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    @CeeBeeSlim

I heard this yesterday.

Every choice you make is either to :smile:
    1) Avoid Pain
    or
    2) Gain pleasure.

So, while your post said you were at doctor appointments that stress you out. You are evidentially using food to "avoid pain".

We all do that. Use food to avoid pain, which doesn't work.... because then we have the pain of the food.
  • SherryRueter
    edited April 18
    Options
    ...Just updating....
    6 days under calories
    2 days at calories
    2 days above caloires

-300 Calories for Cut

βœ…βœ… Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    βœ…βœ… Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Leg day 60m
    βœ…βœ… Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 60m
    βœ…βœ… Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Total Body 60m
    β˜‘οΈβœ… Sat, April 13th = At Maint. Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ PiYo 50m
    βŒβœ… Sun, April 14th = Over Maint Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
    βœ…βœ… Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    β˜‘οΈβœ… Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
    βŒβœ… Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    βœ…βœ… Thur, April 18th = (goal) UNDER Calories [/color]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Wednesday
    Workout: 5 mile hike
    Weigh In: no weigh in
    Nutrition: Good (Good/Acceptable/Unacceptable/Terrible)

Thursday
    Workout: 7 mile run
    Weigh In: 106.5

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 8)
    4. Switch to dayshift
  • SherryRueter
    Options
    My oh my - I've been doing a lot of Plant forward eating. Getting my protein calories from mainly Tofu, or a boca/meatless burger and Beans. The abundance of adding more veggies sure increased my fiber so that "all systems" are running well.

Cardio felt great. Sleep last night was good also, I had a TON of dreams. Woke up a good 4-5times but, seemed to go back to sleep easily. Changed my shirt once, as it was damp. Not having coffee later in the day was helpful I guess.

@justagirl81 Looks like you went on a long hike - I hope the scenery is beautiful on your hikes. I typically walk a trail that is around a man made lake and its just around 2.25 miles.

-300 Calories for Cut

βœ…βœ… Tuesday, April 9th = 1600 calories (tracked at 1450, but I missed my 2pkt sugar, my 3 Lifesavers, so I am rounding up!
    βœ…βœ… Wed, April 10th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up)πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Leg day 60m
    βœ…βœ… Thur, April 11th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 60m
    βœ…βœ… Fri, April 12th = Within 200 of planned target (1200, rounding up) πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Total Body 60m
    βŒβœ… Sun, April 14th = Over Maint Cal πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 60m
    βœ…βœ… Mon, April 15th = Within 200 of planned target πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Kickboxing 75m
    β˜‘οΈβœ… Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that!
    βŒβœ… Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    βœ…βœ… Thur, April 18th = UNDER Calories ]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
    βœ… Fri, April 19th = (goal:) UNDER Calories ]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 45mins + 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. It would be nice to get in 15mins elliptical today.
  • justgirl81
    Options
    Friday
    Workout: 6 mile crosstrainer, 2 mile walk
    Weigh In: 107.2

Goals:
    1. Read entire Bible in order starting w/ New Testament 1 chapter/day. (John 9)
    4. Maintain dayshift schedule (5a/5p/9p)
  • SherryRueter
    edited April 20
    Options
    ...Just updating....
    6 days under calories
    2 days at calories
    3 days above calories

Need to mix those above days and find a way to incorporate fun foods without going over

-300 Calories for Cut

β˜‘οΈβœ… Tue, April 16th = At Maint. Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Mobility and Steady state cardio + 10 mins Abs. (75m total) - woke up feeling lighter. still haven't weighed in. And Loving that! βŒβœ… Wed, April 17th = OVER Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Yoga 30min and Steady state cardio. Urges for sugar all day. Night before sleep was horrible/sweaty icky gross. No wonder I had sugar cravings!
    βœ…βœ… Thur, April 18th = UNDER Calories ]πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Elliptical 40min and 20min Mobility. Will NOT have sugar/candy today. WIll not have Coffee after 1:30pm. Going back to the Gym at noon for more elliptical.
    βŒβœ… Fri, April 19th = OVER Calories πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ Cardio 45mins + 20min Mobility. Urges for sugar all day. Gassy.
    βœ… Sat, April 19th = (goal:) UNDER Calories ] πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ